Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-02-27, 08:01   Link #1841
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I just realized that we here in Asia will be able to play earlier than everyone else.

I do hope they don't do a character wipe of the demo characters lol.
Multiplayer yes. sorry, Wouldn't be fair if I started out lvl23 already :P
Old 2012-02-27, 15:04   Link #1842
zibi88

but I really hope that the multiplayer levels will be kinda changed... like there are many classes and races to unlock... so it would be more fun if each of them had to get level ups separately... and not compleate 1 class for example soldier... and then you have all other chars (like krogan) instantly at level20 ^^

kinda force everyone to level up each char separately... since after getting 1char for each class at max (level20) there isnt much to do anymore... hope the full game multiplayer has more modes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
So I got a hold of the Widow rifle so I've now moved onto infiltrator and holy crap is it a powerful weapon.
sadly I cant unlock this damn rifle... sooo many veteran packs... and all I got is pistols or shotguns unlocks... while I hunt for the 3rd assult rifle and widow sniper rifle

currently im using mantix X but this reload time is hell...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 15:19   Link #1843
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Oh this is hilariously cute.

"Teach me! Professor Mordin!" Introduces "Mass Effect" in Manga Form
Old 2012-02-27, 16:49   Link #1844
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
^ Haha, that was indeed cute. Tali-chan! <3
Old 2012-02-27, 22:12   Link #1845
Nixl

Take this with a grain of salt, but apparently some guy on BSN claims he has a early copy and has been talking about the story/game length. I do not know the circumstances around this at all, but some parts seem strange. I am basically piecing it together from those who have a BSN account. For sake of not spreading unsubstantiated rumors and potential spoilers I am not going to post the link. The reason I bring this up in the first place is that I am curious if anyone else has seen these "spoilers" and any general impressions you may have had.

That being said wtf am I reading.
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 22:35   Link #1846
Who

If it's possible, PM the link or copy pasta the contents (knowing how trigger happy bioware mods are with locking threads, is probably the case), please?
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 22:36   Link #1847
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Cute, yes, but necessary. ME2 was far less well received in Japan than ME1, as those who expect an RPG found themselves in a shooter. In the end there was only one NicoNico player who finished recorded his playthrough of ME2 all the way to the end. While ME1 has several.

Also amusing that the manga indirectly pointed out that ME2 had far less PLOT. At least compared to ME1.

It is rather a sad state of affairs that Bioware actually NEEDED to have this manga made in order to explain the backstory to the Japanese. They obviously aren't confident that there would be enough existing JP Mass Effect fans to support the game via word of mouth. Hell, the ME3 trailers are barely on NicoNico and they don't have many views.

Compare that to Skyrim or CoD, and you will noticed that the more popular games have their trailers subtitled by the Japanese fans nearly within hours.

Regardless of whether you liked ME2, the Japanese clearly had a problem with the changes compared to the first game. And as such the anticipation to ME3 there is almost nil.
Old 2012-02-27, 22:51   Link #1848
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
If it's possible, PM the link or copy pasta the contents (knowing how trigger happy bioware mods are with locking threads, is probably the case), please?
I sent a PM, hopefully it went through. If anyone else wants me to PM some info, just let me know, but be warned it is potentially a spoiler to your game.
Old 2012-02-27, 23:13   Link #1849
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Well I unlocked the Turian Sentinel and I must say it's a massive improvement over the human sentinel.

I mean with chain overload dealing with phantoms have gotten a whole lot easier.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 23:25   Link #1850
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
I sent a PM, hopefully it went through. If anyone else wants me to PM some info, just let me know, but be warned it is potentially a spoiler to your game.

Thanks for the spoilers. Fortunately, I'm not too surprised by what you sent me, so my core gaming experience will still be intact.
Old 2012-02-27, 23:51   Link #1851
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Thanks for the spoilers. Fortunately, I'm not too surprised by what you sent me, so my core gaming experience will still be intact.
There is another around of spoilers with more details if you want them. They contain a little more of what to expect fight wise. I'll admit, one of them is pretty badass if true and done well.

Edit: Going to sleep, I can send them tomorrow if you want.
Old 2012-02-28, 00:47   Link #1852
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
There is another around of spoilers with more details if you want them. They contain a little more of what to expect fight wise. I'll admit, one of them is pretty badass if true and done well.

Edit: Going to sleep, I can send them tomorrow if you want.
That'd be awesome. I also took a look at the SomethingAwful forums and the spoilers there are far heavier, especially with the endings, since BSF are up in arms with what they know (and don't know) about it at the moment.
Old 2012-02-28, 00:56   Link #1853
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I am just waiting for someone to upload Tali cutscenes on youtube. If it involves Shepard building a house as well, even better.
Old 2012-02-28, 01:16   Link #1854
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

If Shepard, quite literally and physically, builds her a house on their planet when on her romance route, I will shed more than a few tears.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 01:22   Link #1855
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Likewise we'd be able to have Shepard build it on top of a pile of dead Geth

On that matter in regards to Multiplayer are we able to transfer our demo players to the main game since we're logged in through ORIGIN?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 01:24   Link #1856
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
If Shepard, quite literally and physically, builds her a house on their planet when on her romance route, I will shed more than a few tears.
There is a lot of shippers for Sheploo x Tali so... Maybe, we should build Noah's arc. Mk. II just in case? As much as I could sympathize, drowning in manly 4waifu tears isn't on my top priorities list.
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 02:39   Link #1857
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
On that matter in regards to Multiplayer are we able to transfer our demo players to the main game since we're logged in through ORIGIN?
Don't take my words as truth but I'm 99% sure it won't. I can't really think of a situation where it carried over from a demo/beta to retail. Things need to be balanced, fixed, etc, not to mention most people would get a headstart (even if it isn't competitive.)

I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 02:40   Link #1858
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
That little manga was pretty fun to read . I liked how short the segment about the second game was. Though probably the best was the small Tali .

Game is just closing in, slowly....
Old 2012-02-28, 05:51   Link #1859
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Likewise we'd be able to have Shepard build it on top of a pile of dead Geth

Well no , otherwise it'll be so easy & unbalanced.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 09:00   Link #1860
Aqua Knight

I spoke to the guy who played ME 3 on bioware forums asking him about squadmates armor customization?
That's our conversation:

Me:
Quote:
Hi,
I'd like to know to what extent can we customize our squadmembers (without any DLC)?

I mean, do squadmembers have one or multiple sets of armour, can we change their color etc.?

Thank you!
Him:
Quote:
They DO have more than 1 armor set without DLC, but you can't change their armor set(s) color.
Me:
Quote:
Oh, that's good to hear!
1.How much types do they have: 2 or more?
2.And can you change it how you like, or you have to stick with the armor depending on the location - like wearing light armor in city-like battles and wear heavier armor in more hazardous situations?

Thanks!
Him:
Quote:
1. 3-4

2. You can keep it how you like it, more or less.

Tags
effect, games, mass