Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-26, 00:21   Link #2401
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post

Ran into an interesting oddity the other day... my personally created companion mod that I'm using with one character has gone stark raving nuts in the alternate universes of other characters. With the Nord I created her for, she's fine... but when any other character visits her start point, she's trying to kill everyone in the inn - and since she's essential all the other NPCs can do is knock her down. One time she killed half the town...
Turned her data file off til I get a chance to diagnose her petite tsundere turned yandere...
I'm trying to understand this...with some mods, you can get characters from one save to go into the quest of a character from another save? Is that correct? If so, can you have your own created characters congregate in the PC version (with the right tools/mods)?

Skyrim Nexus is very strict with their mods. But it is a big forum with a lot of posters, and I'm sure a lot of them are dweebs. Maybe the strict measures keep things in order. I post there, almost only for help and questions about the game.
Old 2012-03-26, 00:34   Link #2402
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoRanger View Post
my game crashed during the second part of dustman cairn, the game is really crasing when you're zoning in some places, like dungeons, cities, houses and etc.

it's me or those people on Skyrimnexus is a bunch of douchebags?

the mods there ban you without asking for bullshit
The Nexus mods are extremely protective of the content providers. And by "extremely protective" I mean total douchenozzles to anyone who complains in any way, including bug reports.

I reported several bugs on certain Dragon Age II mods in a very professional, polite and helpful tone and the mod author basically went ballistic on me, then the mods banned me.
Old 2012-03-26, 00:40   Link #2403
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
The Nexus mods are extremely protective of the content providers. And by "extremely protective" I mean total douchenozzles to anyone who complains in any way, including bug reports.

I reported several bugs on certain Dragon Age II mods in a very professional, polite and helpful tone and the mod author basically went ballistic on me, then the mods banned me.
Now that is just not fair. The mod author was probably some 13 year old dweeb who took the criticism the wrong way.
Old 2012-03-26, 00:49   Link #2404
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
I'm trying to understand this...with some mods, you can get characters from one save to go into the quest of a character from another save? Is that correct? If so, can you have your own created characters congregate in the PC version (with the right tools/mods)?
I used the CK kit and created a new object (a companion character named Misty) which I inserted into the Sleeping Giant Inn instance. The kit lets you assign all attributes, even a voice. You can set up AI packages for almost any event. The created file can be activated in the Data File section. Now whenever any character I have goes to the Inn, Misty is there waiting to be hired. She's part of the world as a potential companion for all characters. The first time went fine with my Nord guy, she's doing great with him, she levels and combats as I designed her. My other characters, when they'd visit the inn, would find her forever trying to slaughter everyone in the inn -- something borked in her initialization (?).

Quote:
Skyrim Nexus is very strict with their mods. But it is a big forum with a lot of posters, and I'm sure a lot of them are dweebs. Maybe the strict measures keep things in order. I post there, almost only for help and questions about the game.
I'm all for strict policies... but this is something very different - what Syn is saying.... "rightspeak will be rewarded, wrongspeak will be punished" ... and the penalty for saying the Emperor might be feeling a breeze is death.

Quote:

Old 2012-03-26, 00:52   Link #2405
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

If you get banned from there, can you still download mods from them?
Old 2012-03-26, 00:53   Link #2406
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

I've only finished the Thieve's Guild so far, but does anyone else feel kind of bored of the game?
SRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 00:59   Link #2407
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
If you get banned from there, can you still download mods from them?
Anything that doesn't have an adult filter on, IIRC.

Having never gotten on the bad side of a Nexus moderator, I can't comment on their behavior all that much. But this does sound a bit more aggressive than they usually are.
Old 2012-03-26, 01:10   Link #2408
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Anything that doesn't have an adult filter on, IIRC.

Having never gotten on the bad side of a Nexus moderator, I can't comment on their behavior all that much. But this does sound a bit more aggressive than they usually are.
I've never personally had a problem with them... but I have watched 3 or 4 instances where things went nuclear for basically legitimate posts.
Old 2012-03-26, 01:45   Link #2409
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I've never been banned from any place online, forum or otherwise, but I'm extra careful at the Nexus forums. To call mods of a forum nazis is a real exaggeration for most places, but not so for the Nexus mods.
Old 2012-03-26, 02:00   Link #2410
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Quote:

That never happened to me, then again maybe it helped cause i also contributed with a few small mods :P.
Old 2012-03-26, 08:20   Link #2411
DuoRanger
Banned

i have a good experience with this kind of Dick Mods since the doom community and the (yuck) EA forums, at least only the chat account was banned, that vampire dante is a dick
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 12:38   Link #2412
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
i have a good experience with this kind of Dick Mods since the doom community and the (yuck) EA forums, at least only the chat account was banned, that vampire dante is a dick
For a brief instant I thought you were talking about some of the "she-male" mods and "anatomically correct male" mods of the software download kind
Old 2012-03-26, 12:45   Link #2413
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
For a brief instant I thought you were talking about some of the "she-male" mods and "anatomically correct male" mods of the software download kind
this mod in special banned me bcuz i linked this video on chat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ace5f9YtB8

i mean they can link videos but not us
Old 2012-03-26, 13:23   Link #2414
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

On a more positive note, did anyone know khajit like to sneak?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 13:31   Link #2415
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
On a more positive note, did anyone know khajit like to sneak?
Okay, that was probably the funniest thing I'll see all day
Old 2012-03-26, 14:30   Link #2416
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
this mod in special banned me bcuz i linked this video on chat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ace5f9YtB8

i mean they can link videos but not us
To be fair, they specifically list rules before entering the chat and repeatedly mention that it's a +13 chatroom, so there's bound to be younger members within and they want to keep things appropriate in the chat. And while that video is funny, it is far from appropriate. In that same manner, while Nexus does allow the hosting of adult mods, discussion of them in the chat is also prohibited.
Old 2012-03-26, 17:45   Link #2417
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
To be fair, they specifically list rules before entering the chat and repeatedly mention that it's a +13 chatroom, so there's bound to be younger members within and they want to keep things appropriate in the chat. And while that video is funny, it is far from appropriate. In that same manner, while Nexus does allow the hosting of adult mods, discussion of them in the chat is also prohibited.

and i was almost banned from the forum bcuz some F/SN fanboys told to one of the mods that i was trolling in some threads, if i was giving a good feedback
Old 2012-03-27, 17:32   Link #2418
DuoRanger
Banned

here's a funny thing that happened to me yesterday

i was doing some radiants quests with my new character in whiterun, when i've noticed that my 2 followers Lydia and Leona dissapeared, i've tried everything fast travel, zone-ing in dungeons, Sleep and it didn't work, so i've tried to use the console since i can't track the other follower using the console(bethesda should fix that), so i've targeted lydia and then i've used the player.moveto a2c94

what happens next, the guards arrested Lydia and Leona after i've killed nazeem and delivered saadia to the mercenaries two days before ingame, so i've broke out of the prison using one of the TG escape routes, the guards didn't do nothing against me or her 2.

anyway
The King and the Fallen King
Old 2012-03-27, 17:59   Link #2419
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Its kind of interesting watching the AI at work --- there is occasional insanity.
Old 2012-03-28, 16:26   Link #2420
DuoRanger
Banned

My attempt to do a Leona Heidern for skyrim(the blue haired brazillian girl needs love)
http://imgur.com/ANZjP,HZP4h,X5NGM#2

if someone wants the ESP + Head and hair mesh to do better, Pm me =D

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim