AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you prefer girls with or without make-up?
With 26 18.31%
Without 116 81.69%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-01-22, 13:27   Link #41
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
None of you guys are hot enough to attract a woman who is likewise hot enough to never wear makeup.
how to use makeup well (minimal and complementary rather than a "mask."
Speak for yourself, babe; perhaps you aren't hot enough to attract guys and thus why you're a lesbian? I'm probably not "hot" but I'm decent enough and had women of a variety of looks become attracted to me for one reason or another. And many of them were "average" without makeup, but I found them all the more attractive because of it.

As someone who did theater in high school, I know what it feels like to have that gunk on my face, and I hated it. Was the only part of theater I disliked, and I couldn't wait to wash it all off. I felt dirty, so girls with makeup on feel dirty. And yes, I can smell if they are wearing it. It's a real turn-off. At most, a very very very minor dash of perfume. There are enough chemicals out there, that we don't need to be slathering ourselves up in some.

Also, striking a blow to against the "perfect" female looks you see in Magazines, in the opes more agree, and we can get more normal looking women featured and thus girls don't have as much pressure.

So, echoing the general sentiment of WITHOUT.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 13:32   Link #42
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
I think it depends on the occasion and who is wearing the make-up. If I had a girlfriend I wouldn't mind if she wants to wear make-up, but I wouldn't mind seeing her natural face either. Guys should be able to wear make-up too.
The man already spoke my mind, as long as it is a light make-up.
Old 2011-01-22, 14:21   Link #43
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
I'll stay neutral on this. Main reason is because while I appreciate natural beauty, I also appreaciate it when girls take the time to try and look prettier for various reasons like events, a date with their bf, and I particularly appreciate it for artistic purposes. Hypothetically speaking, if my gf wanted to wear make-up for a date, I can appreciate that because she wants to try and look more presentable to me. If she doesn't, I'm fine with that as well. It's her choice what to do with her appearance. That is, of course, if she knows how to apply make-up well.However, should my gf and I decide to live together, I do want to be able to appreciate her natural looks because I'll be seeing her every day of my life. So a simple answer from me is that I like natural looks very much, but a slight tweak with a little bit of make up like foundation, eyeliner, what have you is fine with me as well so long as it's not overdone.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 19:04   Link #44
loveluna4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Speak for yourself, babe; perhaps you aren't hot enough to attract guys and thus why you're a lesbian?
I know that comment wasn't directed at me, but I'm standing up for @synaesthetic here. Don't be hatin' on us rug munchers because we c**k blocked you, dude.

Quote:
As someone who did theater in high school, I know what it feels like to have that gunk on my face, and I hated it. Was the only part of theater I disliked, and I couldn't wait to wash it all off. I felt dirty, so girls with makeup on feel dirty. And yes, I can smell if they are wearing it. It's a real turn-off. At most, a very very very minor dash of perfume. There are enough chemicals out there, that we don't need to be slathering ourselves up in some.
Costume make up is very different than daily makeup. It usually is very cakey and thick.

I think it's up to the other person. I'm not into being controlling how my partner looks. If it makes them happy, it's cool by me.
Old 2011-01-22, 19:12   Link #45
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
With. Make-up is for enhancing the features you have. And besides, if we stay 'all-natural', it's gonna feel squicky with the heat, oil, pollution and sweat. I've gone a day without putting something on my face and by the end of the day, you look tired and you can see and feel it on your skin (although, I believe us Asian girls have it better though. XD)

A certain amount is good, as long as you don't end up scaring people.
And don't forget the moisturizer!
This reminds me. How about an option: "with some make-up and use of soap"?
Old 2011-01-22, 19:19   Link #46
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!

I don't mind make up, as long as it's not overdone or done poorly. Make up should be used to accentuate, not hide or cover up. I also hate it when a girl totally relies on make up and can't leave anywhere without it, it's damn annoying.

But I suppose, it's all opinion.
Old 2011-01-23, 04:29   Link #47
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Just an opinion, with a good make-up, males may out beauty a girl. Opposite for the girls, we can't make them look handsome except if we used prosthetics.....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 04:41   Link #48
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Whether or not it makes women look better (Which it really doesn't for me), I'd hate to be waking up one day in the morning to see a girl I love look totally different than she does when she goes outside.

Makeup is a sign of vanity for me more often than not, especially when all you're doing is trying to cover up supposed flaws.

So, yes, another vote for no makeup please. I prefer natural.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 05:57   Link #49
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
After playing Resonance of Fate, a Vashyron quote comes to mind.

"Men should never allow a woman to wear too much makeup or too many clothes."

Personally I'm a fan of the natural look but a little bit of make up can really make the difference.

Lately a few girls I went to school with have gotten married and these are girls I saw everyday of my life for close to twelve years and I knew them very well. A touch of make up gave some impressive results, with several cases I had to do a double take when I first saw them coming down the isle at the start of the ceremony.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 08:31   Link #50
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Hmm, depends on when I'll be seeing her face. If we're going out at night, then with...but I don't need my girl wearing make-up when we're going for a cup of coffee or if we're walking around town, and certainly not at work.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 21:26   Link #51
Dragonar Fan
HI-RISE BOMBEERRR!!!

it depends on facial structure , that is all
Old 2011-01-24, 01:49   Link #52
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Hmm, depends on when I'll be seeing her face. If we're going out at night, then with...but I don't need my girl wearing make-up when we're going for a cup of coffee or if we're walking around town, and certainly not at work.
Good luck at work then. 99% of working women wear make-up from my experience
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 01:51   Link #53
GundamFan0083

Without.

Nothing beats natural beauty IMHO.
Old 2011-01-24, 03:52   Link #54
FateAnomaly

Just a little makeup would be best. Something simple like applying lipgloss (I don't know enough about makeup to know the terms). It shouldn't be something that they will need an hour to do. It shouldn't completely change what a girl looks like with and without makeup. Its just like applying perfume. A little fresh scent is nice but a overpowering fragrance is nauseating.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 21:09   Link #55
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Speak for yourself, babe; perhaps you aren't hot enough to attract guys and thus why you're a lesbian? I'm probably not "hot" but I'm decent enough and had women of a variety of looks become attracted to me for one reason or another. And many of them were "average" without makeup, but I found them all the more attractive because of it.
Since I get hit on a lot, and I'm not even trying to attract men, I don't think my appearance has anything to do with how much I dislike cock.

There are some girls who look great without makeup, some girls who look horrible with makeup, some girls who know how to use makeup to their advantage (but look fine either way) and some who need makeup or they look 20 years older.

Different people are different.

My own makeup is minimal, mostly because I am lazy and don't wish to spend more than fifteen minutes doing my makeup... plus, too much looks bad IMO, and none at all is impossible for me if you know my current circumstances.

It's not that natural, unless someone naturally has soft purple eyelids and shimmery-shiny pink lips and sparkly soft pink cheeks... so I guess my makeup isn't natural at all!
Old 2011-01-25, 12:35   Link #56
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
I personally wear light make up, a bit of eyeliner, brown/bronze around the eye lids and mascara. My eyes look rather natural but stand out a tiny bit more.

It all depends on how much you wear and what you wear. I find it ugly if a girls wears a mask of make up, like really really dark eyes or too much skin bronze which might not match their skin at all.

If it's rather a narutal tint then it is alright, you don't see that much difference if you don't wear make up.
But personally a girl who wears no make up at all and who does nothing with her hair seems like a very bland and boring person, I know it sounds wrong and all and they aren't because their interest lies in other things. But not caring about looks at all in a age where it is normal and in some cases needed to represent yourself makes it seem rather less hygenic and lack of interest in normal girl things.
Wearing make up for me is a boost of self esteem, not wearing it does not make me look ugly just awkward. Make is like your own clothing style an expression of yourself to others in which no words are needed.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 13:56   Link #57
Mr.Raw
Permanent Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Raw Send a message via MSN to Mr.Raw
Definitely without
Woman with make-up look pretty synthetic to me
If I ever need a synthetic woman, I can go to the toy store and buy myself a Barbie
...Don't brick me, girls D:

Random info:
Signature: Desert Punk

Mr.Raw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 14:04   Link #58
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Without fo sho~

Natural beauty is what really gets me y'know~?
Old 2011-01-25, 15:39   Link #59
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
The hypocrisy in this thread is strong...

Fortunately so many of you guys don't like their girls wearing makeup, so at least I don't ever have to worry about being hit on by you folks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
I personally wear light make up, a bit of eyeliner, brown/bronze around the eye lids and mascara. My eyes look rather natural but stand out a tiny bit more.

It all depends on how much you wear and what you wear. I find it ugly if a girls wears a mask of make up, like really really dark eyes or too much skin bronze which might not match their skin at all.

If it's rather a narutal tint then it is alright, you don't see that much difference if you don't wear make up.
But personally a girl who wears no make up at all and who does nothing with her hair seems like a very bland and boring person, I know it sounds wrong and all and they aren't because their interest lies in other things. But not caring about looks at all in a age where it is normal and in some cases needed to represent yourself makes it seem rather less hygenic and lack of interest in normal girl things.
Wearing make up for me is a boost of self esteem, not wearing it does not make me look ugly just awkward. Make is like your own clothing style an expression of yourself to others in which no words are needed.
I love this post, and...

... I never knew you were a girl.
Old 2011-01-25, 21:41   Link #60
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Without

It looks better without all that makeup on. I don't like how it feels with its on. Sometimes I wonder about ppl who put too much makeup..

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
CMSensei is offline   Reply With Quote