AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 12 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 32 22.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 10.42%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 15.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 28 19.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 15 10.42%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 9 6.25%
4 out of 10 : Poor 8 5.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.39%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.69%
1 out of 10 : Painful 12 8.33%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-31, 21:51   Link #41
frezinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I couldn't care less who wins.

You can't tell if it is horrible or not until after you watch. I'm not some Psychic that can tell the quality of an episode before watching it. Duh?
i see i see my bad lol i thought ur one of those people who rages after they watched episode 12 lol!!!!!!!!

and the story is not horrible for mexD i loved the rhythm of the story ^.^ especially houki's lifestory about ichika that's why i rooted for houki since day 1.

Also, loved the part when ichika carried houki then they both tried to escape from the girls lol!!!! it was so funny
Old 2011-03-31, 22:49   Link #42
doomknight

Well i know this will sound conflicting with what i will state below but i should have stopped IS after episode 7-8, the battle was ok... now there was the houki ending... enjoy your everyday smacks Sado Tarou.. i mean Ichika, there is still a little of hope for Charlotte ending in novel....

Quote:
Originally Posted by frezinator View Post
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot@#!@!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did i just see ichika tried to kiss houki?????? omg that's just made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! houki won it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and its very clear ichika do loved houki!!!

Houki Victory Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! i can die now with happinesss!!!!!!!!!

Beeen rooting for her since day 1 and it finallly paid off!!!!!!!!!!

im so making another houki and ichika amv!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry charlotte fans lol!!!!!!!!! go make some fan fiction story xD
Ok.. first of all this was unnecessary, your happy because Houki "won" thats all right but relax, you could have wrote this on Houki thread.. or keep it low, btw there is no need to make a fanfiction, there is already a nice number and none includes Houki..

Quote:
lmao horrible because houki won lol????? same excuses i keep hearing today xD

if it was horrible why did u even watched it in the first place lol!!!
Again seriously relax.. a lot of us watched because it looked promising.. i can bet if any other girl would have won you would be extremely pissed off so a little of respect to the others..
Old 2011-03-31, 22:50   Link #43
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot@#!@!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did i just see ichika tried to kiss houki?????? omg that's just made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! houki won it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and its very clear ichika do loved houki!!!

Houki Victory Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! i can die now with happinesss!!!!!!!!!

Beeen rooting for her since day 1 and it finallly paid off!!!!!!!!!!

im so making another houki and ichika amv!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry charlotte fans lol!!!!!!!!! go make some fan fiction story xD
The story is far from over.

Also, dont be in dispair charlotte fans. Atleast, she took most of the screentime with ichika, while houki was too busy being tsundere for like most of the show. Also, the "kiss"(supposedly) got interrupted by Celia. In the end, I still feel like houki got shafted, but not as bad as Rin though LOL.
Old 2011-03-31, 22:51   Link #44
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Overall I give this series a 5/10, it was a harem anime that was poorly done. Ichika x Houki development came completely out of the blue, even though it was pretty obvious from the get-go that Houki is the primary female lead, the development was virtually non-existant. Ichika's IS was a POS till the very end, overall plot was non-existant. Animation was decent though. The major saving grace was the Charlotte episodes, beyond that it's all easily forgettable.
Old 2011-03-31, 23:20   Link #45
frezinator

I'm not trying to disrespect you guys lol!! I'm just really happy to see that it's houkixichika at the end because been rooting for her since episode 1 ^.^ also, you have no idea how many hardcore Charlotte fans disrespected and flamed me lol! I'm not like them.... And I really liked all the girls but looking at the rhythm of the story you could easily tell that houki is going to end up with Ichika and no need to get mad it's just anime just live with it and move on ^.^ so don't think I'm going ego just because houki won lol!! Its just that I'm really happy its houkixichika at the end been waiting for a long time for this moment ^.^ I need a chill pill lol!

Last edited by frezinator; 2011-03-31 at 23:39.
Old 2011-03-31, 23:26   Link #46
DorkingtonPugsly

Overall I really enjoyed this series and can only hope for the second season. Even though most of these anime aren't amazing and have fantastic endings, I still enjoy and love every anime I've ever watched. If it's anime...it's all good! LOL But yeah I liked the fight, and I liked the scene in Ichika's head thingy. And before I end this I'll have to say I am an Ichika & Charlotte fan! I await the second season to see more Charlotte, yay!
Old 2011-03-31, 23:29   Link #47
doomknight

Quote:
I'm not trying to disrespect you guys lol!! I'm just really happy to see that it's houkixichika at the end because been rooting for her since episode 1 ^.^ also, you have no idea how many hardcore Charlotte fans disrespected and flamed me lol! I'm not like them.... And I really liked all the girls but looking at the rhythm of the story you could easily tell that houki is going to end up with Ichika and no need to get mad it's just anime just live with it and move on ^.^ so don't think I'm going ego just because houki won lol!! Its just that I'm really happy lolxD
Im not mad, anyways idk where or how some other fans disrespected you but well i was just saying you chill a little, like i say its ok your happy because houki won but relax ...
Old 2011-03-31, 23:46   Link #48
karuroso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Orihime View Post
Wow, they did go with a Houki ending? I'm shocked, since the LN's aren't finished
I think we don't even need to wait the end of the novel to know it will be a Houki ending, I'd eat my mouse if it's not her, seeing how the author ir biassed about how he portrais the countries... kinda makes me wonder a bit why Rin is in the harem in the first place... China will never win in a japanese anime.
Old 2011-04-01, 00:51   Link #49
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

well time to read the LN ( hope all get translated )
Old 2011-04-01, 01:31   Link #50
Silaqui

Send a message via ICQ to Silaqui
There was I watching the last episode expecting a typical harem ending and I did get a terrible Houki ending. Not because Houki 'won', but because it was absolutely random and came out of the blue. Cut out Houki in the last scene and put Cecilia in, or Charlotte, or Rin, or Laura... it all works and it is as believable as it is with Houki.

Last edited by Silaqui; 2011-04-01 at 02:49.
Old 2011-04-01, 02:49   Link #51
eiyuu99

Episode 12's alternate title: "Just As Planned?"
Old 2011-04-01, 03:19   Link #52
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I give it a 6 due to the godlike ass pulling of random (and convenient) powers bestowed upon by Sir Deus Ex Machina III...the "drama" was great too...well, onto season 2, I guess...
Old 2011-04-01, 04:32   Link #53
StarTouch
Yandere for win :O

And...Infinite Stratos comes to an end (at least, this season. Not sure if there will be more in the future!). I thought the final episode was relatively alright, nice fighting (I can feel some stuff was rushed but I kinda expected it with the tight time frame the producers had to work with) and (from what I felt, never read the novels) a slightly-tweaked anime ending to the events which still leaves the door open for a possible second season.

On the whole, I felt Infinite Stratos was fine as a series. I first picked up the series, expecting it NOT to be the next Macross, Gundam, <insert favorite mecha anime here> but rather a fairly light, easy-going mecha + harem anime which could keep me entertained. Sure, there were some eyebrow-raising moments but for the most part, it did its job for me. I found the ladies to be very likable as a harem crew of sorts (though Houki did made me wince a bit with the over-excessive Tsundere-ness) and the battles were mostly alright (sure, doesn't beat the awesomeness of the more popular Mecha titles out there but at least, I didn't facedesk myself).

When I found out that Infinite Stratos was at its 6th novel volume and the anime was scheduled for 12 episodes, I knew details was going to be left out / tweaked / shortened to accommodate the time frame. Considering that, I am fairly impressed the producers managed to follow through and finish satisfactorily in the end (at least, of this 1st season). I'd give the series a 7/10, sure it wasn't the next big anime title but hey, it was a good Friday distraction for me. Would give the novels a look once they're translated. =)
Old 2011-04-01, 06:09   Link #54
hoarfrost

Let's say that a certain genius wrecks the doubtlessly expensive experimental weapon of one of the most paranoid and militarily powerful nations on Earth, just for the lulz. What are the odds that a certain genius wouldn't end up at Guantanamo, being waterboarded for IS secrets?

I doubt anyone would defend a certain genius, especially after hacking dozens of countries' missile systems and firing them at her own home country.

I don't think I'll spend any time giving closing thoughts to this show. It's just another show that doesn't aim to take any risks with its narrative or characters, nor does it add a twist to its fundamental tropes, and is thus not worth a thought after it's gone. I'll miss having IS as a punching bag, but I'm sure something will fill its shoes.
Old 2011-04-01, 06:46   Link #55
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ichika managed to enter his inner world to communicate with his zanpakutou IS, reaching shikai second shift in the process. Ooooookay. Akatsubaki's one off ability was quite a deus ex machina as well. How does this even work anyway?

As expected, Ichika's return was sickening. That guy is by far one of the worst harem lead I've ever seen. I was expecting him to tell Houki it wasn't her fault he got hurt when she apologized (because it truly wasn't), but he didn't. I bet he's real proud of everything he's done.

In the end, this series' only redeeming feature was Charlotte.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
Let's say that a certain genius wrecks the doubtlessly expensive experimental weapon of one of the most paranoid and militarily powerful nations on Earth, just for the lulz. What are the odds that a certain genius wouldn't end up at Guantanamo, being waterboarded for IS secrets?

I doubt anyone would defend a certain genius, especially after hacking dozens of countries' missile systems and firing them at her own home country.
Let's just assume she didn't leave any trail behind and Chifuyu only had suspicions. What bothers me, however, is that Chifuyu seemed totally fine with the fact Tabane's little joke almost got her beloved brother killed.
Old 2011-04-01, 07:17   Link #56
eiyuu99

It's a smaller scale compared to the hacking years back to show IS's capability.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-04-01, 07:46   Link #57
Wakan Tanka

The ending wasn't disappointing, but the rest was rushed, screw Deus Ex Machina Ichika suddenly recovers [Bleach-like], He's a wimp and now he beats the crap of an IS that the rest couldn't.
Old 2011-04-01, 07:58   Link #58
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

lol.... finally they confirmed Ichika X Houki.... I'm glad that Ichika showed that he is a man in this episode... ^^
quite dissappointed with the battle
but I love the drama so I give perfect score
and about Tabane.... anyone can explain her true intentions??? how can she disappeared like that?? and what is her true purpose in helping Ichika and Houki??? Maybe she is another fan of Ichika X Houki.... lol

need season 2 ^^
Old 2011-04-01, 08:00   Link #59
StarTouch
Yandere for win :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voinic View Post
The ending wasn't disappointing, but the rest was rushed, screw Deus Ex Machina Ichika suddenly recovers [Bleach-like], He's a wimp and now he beats the crap of an IS that the rest couldn't.
While I am no particular fan of Ichika, from what I saw / felt, it was pretty much a team effort which took down the Silver Gospel (with a sneak / backstab attack by Ichika to end things). I could be misunderstanding your phrasing (I believe you're implying he took down Silver Gospel like a boss without much help from his harem?) however hehe. =)
Old 2011-04-01, 08:23   Link #60
Wakan Tanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarTouch View Post
While I am no particular fan of Ichika, from what I saw / felt, it was pretty much a team effort which took down the Silver Gospel (with a sneak / backstab attack by Ichika to end things). I could be misunderstanding your phrasing (I believe you're implying he took down Silver Gospel like a boss without much help from his harem?) however hehe. =)
Yup, that's it, anyway, what's with the butterfly-thing in anime these days..

Tags
final episode thread