AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-24, 15:17   Link #101
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago View Post
Spoiler for Nene Days - Chapter 5:
Yah, I liked the look of it too, but I didnt' really like the "slantedness" of the drawings(I just read this chap 5 randomly). Ditto on the protangonist, the whole "1st person view" thing seems kinda stupid in general, though I really loved it in Isshoni H Shiyo =03.
Old 2010-08-28, 09:10   Link #102
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Rinko Days is out...

Spoiler for Rinko Days Chapter 3:
Old 2010-09-01, 11:29   Link #103
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Mmm, caught chapters 2 and 3 of Rinko Days.

Spoiler for ch2:

And then the utterly sublime Chapter 3...

Spoiler for ch3:
Old 2010-09-01, 12:30   Link #104
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I don't think there are any beans to spill just yet. No triangle conflicts yet.

If the series wasn't titled after Rinko than I'd question his logic... girl with a bitchy attitude vs. nice girl in a tennis outfit.
Old 2010-09-01, 18:56   Link #105
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I don't think Manaka would make an issue of it. But Rinko probably would. Manaka is sporty, refined and innocent - everything Rinko isn't. And from the personalities that existed in the game, Rinko highly valued arts and really resented atheltic traits.

And from a more logical point of view - consider it from Rinko's perspective. A decent guy is the first person to even care about her in years. Then he suddenly goes after once of the school icons. I doubt anyone in her position would take that well.

But granted, that is a nice tennis outfit. Impressive that Seo has been able to do both Rinko and Manaka well. If he somehow mixed Nene into the story for a short bit yet kept the story flow together, I'd be impressed.

I guess what has driven Aikawa is he knows what it's like to be alone, so he has an edge that allows him to see parts of Rinko that relatively normal people wouldn't. That and he has an honest heart. The banter between the two is just delicious.
Old 2010-10-16, 13:13   Link #106
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Chapter 4 of Rinko Days is finally out...
Spoiler for Chapter 4:
Old 2010-10-16, 14:28   Link #107
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Rinko days right now is so much better than KNIM that it isn't funny...
Old 2010-10-16, 15:06   Link #108
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Rinko days right now is so much better than KNIM that it isn't funny...
You can't compare the two. Rinko's overall plot is already set, it's an adaptation.
Old 2010-10-16, 16:37   Link #109
KrimzonStriker

I think this is why I'll always like Rinko over the other manga adaptations, the male personality just brings it all into balance. If nothing else I think this part is the most original aspect presented by Seo for the series which helps add its own brand of charm.
Old 2010-10-16, 21:39   Link #110
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
You can't compare the two. Rinko's overall plot is already set, it's an adaptation.
There isnt a plot. Did you play Love Plus? There isnt a plot in there - most of the times it is just dating without that many fixed events - and Rinko days has been very loose adaptation to this.

The purpose of love plus is not the story of the characters but simply dating, thats why we get so very different Love Plus adaptations.

Actually others are closer to game as male lead (you) doesnt really have much of character in the game.

Seo has made it best, but when you compare it to Love plus its kind of difficult to see connection between them thats why for me - Rinko days is more original than adaptation.

PS. - In Love Plus one can choose girl hair length after you start dating them - now how many of you that Seo will make Rinko's hair long, lol. He could cut short Manaka's or Nene's hair though.
Old 2010-10-16, 22:10   Link #111
KrimzonStriker

Well as I was saying before, the male protagonist kinda forces that course of development, because in the games you're the main character and you're the one driving the story for the most part, this is why the other manga adaptations are lacking in any real plot continuity in my opinion. You could say they're even closer to their game counterparts then Rinko is in that sense.
Old 2010-10-17, 02:48   Link #112
Shadow5YA

Rinko Days shows how great Seo can be when he's restricted to a lower number of chapters. Too bad Suzuka and KNIM aren't like that.
Old 2010-10-17, 07:01   Link #113
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for ch4:

umm next chapter is next year?
Old 2011-05-29, 22:16   Link #114
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Chapter 7 of Rinko is out...

Spoiler for Chapter 7:

And here's the bonus art from the first volume of Rinko Days:
Spoiler for Images:
Old 2011-05-30, 05:28   Link #115
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Chapter 7 of Rinko is out...

Spoiler for Chapter 7:

And here's the bonus art from the first volume of Rinko Days:
Spoiler for Images:
I'm totally digging the DS shirt, the placement of the buttons... I wanna play that until my thumbs fall off.

...forget about 3D - THIS is the future of gaming
Old 2011-05-30, 06:34   Link #116
Mentar
Banned

Seo was the perfect choice for Rinko. Writing short-haired princess-like ungrateful selfish bitches (hello Rinko!) getting pampered by well-meaning doormat guys is absolutely Seo's sweetspot.
Old 2011-05-30, 09:50   Link #117
oDin01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Seo was the perfect choice for Rinko. Writing short-haired princess-like ungrateful selfish bitches (hello Rinko!) getting pampered by well-meaning doormat guys is absolutely Seo's sweetspot.
I agree while Rinko Days is still the best Love Plus manga, chapter 7 displayed Seo's fascination for male characters who are weak and female characters who step all over them. Glad he friend zoned her at the end of the chapter. Yeah he did it to get the family back together but Rinko should at least show some gratitude for what he did.
Old 2011-05-30, 09:55   Link #118
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Well at least Rinko is much better looking than Suzuka for a change, so thats one plus for her. But otherwise - yeah, your comment is spot on.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2011-05-30 at 20:10.
Old 2011-05-30, 10:59   Link #119
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Well that's an improvement. Compare to the Rinko from the prequel manga, she sure has changed a lot.
Old 2011-05-30, 11:47   Link #120
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
I'm totally digging the DS shirt, the placement of the buttons... I wanna play that until my thumbs fall off.

...forget about 3D - THIS is the future of gaming
Hahaha.

Quote:
Yeah.. that is true. This chapter really reminded me of Suzuka.

It's a shame they didn't get better authors for the other two girls.

Tags
seinen, shounen