AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-09, 23:09   Link #3641
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Fate/EXTRA CCC (PSP)
The main I've been playing for the past few days since I finally got my copy over the weekend. Currently on Chapter 5 with Caster as my partner. (Yes, I chose Caster as my partner on my first playthrough, so what) I don't know if it was just because that my partner was Caster but the first three chapters seemed so...light hearted despite the scale of the events taking place behind the scenes. Though that's what you gotta love about her. But after I reached chapter 4 things got all serious rather suddenly and I was just...(O_O)

Not too sure whether I liked that they got rid of the Skill Point system or not. In the first game you distributed the SP to raise the stats of your Servant but in this one they go up automatically as you level up. So unfortunately Caster's low defense makes things a bit difficult on the first playthrough since you don't have any of the enemies' attack patterns.

But I LOVE that they have alternate costumes!! Caster's costumes are so HNNNGH.
Really thrilled that they added a Gallery mode as well. Not only can you go back and look at the illustrations but you can watch the OP movie anytime as well. And Wada Aruko/Rco (however you prefer to spell it) sensei's illustrations are just so...

Final Fantasy III (DS)
Needed something to play while my PSP was charging. Finally got around to clearing it. I've put it off for so long as I was too lazy to climb the Crystal Tower. The time I spent looking for the Master Smith to get the Job level 99 items paid off as I had no problem taking down all the bosses. Though I did find the battle with the final boss irritating as the boss acts four times in one turn and always uses Particle Beam.

Hastune Miku Project Diva F
(PS3)
Still trying to finish clearing all songs on the EXTREME difficulty. Aside from that all I've got left is to finish events with Len and Kaito to get the remaining accessories and room items so I can get the 100% rating for those.

Last edited by shinku no kage; 2013-04-10 at 10:48.
shinku no kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 03:43   Link #3642
Chase

PS3:

Guacamelee!(Im an hour in, its really fun)

Zone of the Enders HD Collection

Battlefield 3
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 04:39   Link #3643
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Bioshock Infinite (PC)
Wow. The overall look feel of this game is pretty amazing! The more I play through this game, the more I'm starting to think about the real meaning behind the "Infinite" in the title...
It sure as heck makes me want to visit Rapture once more.

Age of Empires II: HD Edition (PC)
Bit of a nostalgia trip, this one, since I used to play the AoE games quite a bit when I was younger (and back when you had to use MSN Zone or something to actually connect to online games over dial-up modems). I'm only playing through single-player at the moment, so I'm not sure how the online in this game holds up.
I still have the AoE Collector's Edition with the Compilation Soundtrack CD somewhere in the house.

God of War: Ascension (PS3)
Brutal and violent as always. I'm more interested in the story, but some aspects of the revised combat system annoy me a little.

Last edited by blaze0041; 2013-04-10 at 06:58.
blaze0041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 06:18   Link #3644
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

So my gaming:

On the PC:

Mass Effect 3. Just did a run through Citadel for the story gameplay on my main Soldier Shep, and I've now begun a new game with Engineer Shep. Holee shit, Engineer Shep just rampages through everything in his path. There is nothing that cannot be solved by the combo of Incinerate + Overlord = Fire Explosion. And anything that's left just gets hit with the N7 Hurricane SMG I'm rolling with. Compared to MP, SP is Easy Mode. (Also, my engie runs with Armor Piercing Ammo as his bonus power, since I can do Fire Explosions on demand, or spam Neural Shock Chain Lightning Overload.

I am Shepard, Commander Shepard. There is nothing my Hurricane cannot shoot, and nothing my Fire Explosion cannot hurt.

At the same time, I'm also playing Battlefield 3, and utterly having a blast. XD

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 19:55   Link #3645
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I'm about 90% through Tomb Raider right now. I've enjoyed it, but I don't see much replay value in it (which is somewhat disappointing). Love Lara's character model and story this time.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 02:11   Link #3646
T-6000

This week I decided to play through F.E.A.R. 2, and am almost done with the original campaign. I'll be going through the Single Player DLC "Reborn" next. Kind of strange that Monolith insisted that this expansion was 'Cannon", but it doesn't seem to fit with F.E.A.R. 3's overall story. I decided to bump up the difficulty from "Easy" to "Normal", and to tell you the truth it's only a little more challenging. Perhaps I should have played on "Hard" Difficulty, after all.

My brother ordered some PC parts since he decided to upgrade the primary PC (3.4 GHZ i7, NVidia GeForce 670, and 16 Gigs of memory), and as soon as he puts the thing together I'll be plowing through the Crysis series (Crysis 1, Warhead, 2, and 3) as well as a few other games I couldn't play because of my older PC specs.
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 05:59   Link #3647
Sagi

I just finished Bioshock Infinite best game of 2013 so far for me, the beginning pull me in right away until the ending.
Sagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 11:23   Link #3648
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

currently playing:

PC: Tera Rising
comments: been playing this game with my little bro. he runs a Lancer and a sorcerer. i plays
the archer and healer. we are only around level 35 so far. it's faster to level up when playing
with him than soloing in this game. i like the combat system in this game; it's
pretty fun and engaging.

the quests on the other hand....kind of all over the place, but not too confusing.
this game is pretty good for a free game. i dont often run into lag unless the area
have tons of people. the game has been running smooth for me. i like most
of the cosmetics (spelling?) in this game for the armors; they look pretty nice.

i'll probably spend another good 100+ hrs. more in this game to get both characters to 60 and farm
some of those gears. for a free game, i surely spend WAY more time in this game than
most of the other games i bought for $60 brand new. and i'm starting to dig in this game
a lot and having a lot of fun. i normally only play with my little bro. though. i havent
play in a group or instances yet. i get shy away with playing with strangers, so i
cant really comment much on the instances or 5 people party.

i wont be buying any of the stuffs on the cash shop or invest any real money in this game.
even though the game does deserve some of my money since i'm having a lot of fun
with this game than when i was playing Guilds War 2. well, that's all i'm saying for now.
maybe when i reach end-game for Tera, i might think otherwise since i'm only half way
there to level 60. 9.2/10 pts.!
Old 2013-04-11, 12:56   Link #3649
Eragon
Still Alive

Playing Batman Arkham Asylum. I like the dark atmosphere of the game - expected but, nonetheless effective.

The combat system is fun. The character designs of the main cast are awesome. Joker looks as menacing and batshit insane as possible and I love him for it Batman looks like.......how he should

The Voice acting so far has been pretty good. Some of the dialogues are a bit cheesy but, whatever.
Old 2013-04-11, 23:31   Link #3650
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Absolutely nothing...nursing school is brutal ATM and got a final come Monday, but I'm seriously craving to play either Crusader Kings 2 again, or reinstall Shogun 2 for some epic battles.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 11:10   Link #3651
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
So my gaming:

On the PC:

Mass Effect 3. Just did a run through Citadel for the story gameplay on my main Soldier Shep, and I've now begun a new game with Engineer Shep. Holee shit, Engineer Shep just rampages through everything in his path. There is nothing that cannot be solved by the combo of Incinerate + Overlord = Fire Explosion. And anything that's left just gets hit with the N7 Hurricane SMG I'm rolling with. Compared to MP, SP is Easy Mode. (Also, my engie runs with Armor Piercing Ammo as his bonus power, since I can do Fire Explosions on demand, or spam Neural Shock Chain Lightning Overload.

I am Shepard, Commander Shepard. There is nothing my Hurricane cannot shoot, and nothing my Fire Explosion cannot hurt.
Pfft, Vanguard Shepard is best Shepard.

I run with minimal weapons... geth pulse rifle + Carni with mods and 170% power recharge bonus.

Geth AR brings almost enuff dakka, with basically zero recoil and the best accuracy of any full-auto AR, and with maxed cryo rounds it's absurdly ridiculous. Massive ammo reserves. It's also extremely light so I can pack a Carni for sniping and taking out armored targets while still having really fast power cooldowns. Shotguns? Who needs them when I have a pistol that hits like the strongest non-crap shotgun (i.e. not the single-shot Claymore) and carries more rounds besides?

I spam Charge, Nova and Energy Drain, and I can literally throw Pull out one right after another. I've had an entire enemy team floating through the air... like 7 Cerberus soldiers careening aimlessly around... and then blew them all up by self-comboing Pull into Shockwave.

What's really fun is using Pull (or Liara's Singularity) and then Charge to detonate, then Nova to detonate any I missed. Or, with Lifting Shockwave, I can detonate off Pull/Singularity then detonate AGAIN off the Lift effect from Shockwave with Charge and Nova if there are any left alive. Add Javik's Dark Channel to the mix and I've had ridiculous biotic detonation chains that just tear through anything.
Old 2013-04-12, 11:50   Link #3652
Eragon
Still Alive

^ Yeah, seriously. Vanguard is broken in Mass Effect 3. My roommate played it on his first play-through and he was just spamming charge --> heavy-melee --> nova(if anybody survives the first two) - his bonus melee damage was like 150% or something.

That said, Infiltrator is just as broken with the M-98 Widow. When you can take out a Harvester on hardcore with one shot of disruptor (not armor piercing, DISRUPTOR) ammo then you know something is not right with the class and the Sniper rifle

With Liara's area-stasis its just slaughter without them even getting to their positions(stasis is another broken ability). Even banshees are no problem if you have the mod that slows time when you line up a shot. 150% dmg bonus when you hit the head is just ridiculous and the fact that you are almost always invisible.

Last edited by Eragon; 2013-04-12 at 12:14.
Eragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 11:55   Link #3653
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Got back into Advance Wars, so I'm switching between Days of Ruin and Dual Strike.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 13:41   Link #3654
YukiNagato

Attempting to get Big Boss emblem in MGS4.
SO MUCH FUN... also playing a bit of Dark Souls on the side.
YukiNagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 20:27   Link #3655
T-6000

My brother finally managed to throw the Gaming PC together with some new parts he ordered from New Egg earlier in the week, so I'll be plowing through the Crysis series for the rest of the month! However, since I only have Crysis 2 I'm playing through it first. When my brother goes to town tomorrow, I'll have him pick us up Crysis 3. I'd download it through Origin's store or some other digital outlet, but since my pathetic bandwidth will only allow me to download up to a measly 150 kbs.... Anyways, I'll have to order Crysis "Maximum Edition" online as soon as I can.
Old 2013-04-14, 13:04   Link #3656
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
PS3: Since I FINALLY 100% Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (the main game AND the Sam DLC), I've moved back to Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty HD for finish off the trophies I've left there.... pretty much 3 full playthroughs for wigs, stealth camo, and the misc trophies like collecting all boxes. Maybe once that's over, I'll go back back to Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD or Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots and finish those too. I do very much plan to 100% trophy all Metal Gear games~

3DS: Finally got all the DLC for Fire Emblem: Awakening out so far, so I hope to beat all that first... then finish up the main story. Hopefulyl we get the rest of the DLC before I do my Lunatic/Classic run... so I can enjoy everything I can BEFORE Lunatic gets to me~
Old 2013-04-14, 13:56   Link #3657
Dextro
He Without a Title

Vita: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward. Thanks to Sony adding this one to the euro PS+ instant game collection I finally got around to to playing it and found out that it's bloody fantastic! No, I'm not just saying that because the combo of Kugimiya Rie + Noto Mamiko + Tamura Yukari overloads me with moe or because Daisuke Ono completely kills it with awesomeness.
Old 2013-04-18, 14:30   Link #3658
Chase

PS3:
Injustice

Sacred Citadel: Game is pretty dope so far. Love old school 2d games like this. Im at the last part of ACT 1 with Ranger. I'll probably do Mage next. The co-op multiplayer will probably be the last thing I do. I want to run threw this game twice before I do that. Love the art style of the game and its had its humorous moments thus far too. Nice little downloadable.
I will say tho. This game could get old pretty quick for some. It seems like the combat could get old cuz a lot of the combos just don't connect. Meaning its more limited in that aspect unlike the recent game Guacamelee!

Zone of the Enders HD Collection

Battlefield 3
Battlefield 4

Last edited by Chase; 2013-04-18 at 19:21.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 20:57   Link #3659
T-6000

I'm almost done with Crysis 3, but am stuck on the last boss the "Alpha Ceph". Damn, he's one tough Son a bitch (though a bit cheap IMHO). I really enjoyed Crysis 3 alot, and can't for the life of me understand why some reviewers have been so hard on Crysis 3. And the game isn't lacking in challenge like many others have said, and the A.I. actually seems to be more solid in this game (and not as dumb as people have made it out to be). Crytech really went nuts with the variety of weapons and attachments for the game, and I think it does help with the replay value. I think the one real flaw is that the game can get quite buggy, so hopefully Crytech will release a few more patches to iron them out.

The next game I plan on playing through is Red Orchestra 2. And I *HOPE* Tripwire sorts out the performance problems this time around! I had bought a DVD version of the game back at 2011, but the game was hampered with performance troubles. I knew I had a PC that was a bit dated, but even with the settings on "Medium", I was stuck with 30-40 frames. But much to my shock, people with high end PCs had trouble running the game with good & stable frames. So now that my brother and I upgraded our PC Gaming rig (and Tripwire released some patches), I'm giving RO2 another go. I'm downloading the game at the moment, but it's near completion. Ironically even though I bought the physical version, but after installing it from the DVD it only copied 22% of the game into my computer. The rest I ave to download online. Tripwire, what's the point of having a physical copy if I have to end up downloading the majority of the game online?!

If I still get performance issues or other wise can't get the game running properly, I think I'll play through Crysis 3 once more.
Old 2013-04-20, 01:05   Link #3660
calorie

Little Busters! - finally.

At long last I've gotten round to playing this and I love it so far. It may be a good thing that I've put the anime on hold at episode 7, I just had the feeling it wasn't translating the grandeur of the game that well (guess I'll just watch it afterwards). Probably two years have passed since my last visual novel so my experience is even more enhanced. The character art, CGs and BGM are all incredibly pleasing to the senses.
calorie is offline   Reply With Quote