AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-01-07, 23:32   Link #5781
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Thanks for the update
I like how Lilianna and Godou are hitting it right off the bat
Old 2013-01-08, 05:23   Link #5782
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

>Santa Claus
>Heretic God
Uh, okay... This is probably the same thing as Lancelot's. Plus there's the name Saturnus in Chapter 6 so that's probably him/her.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 05:28   Link #5783
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Hmm, I haven't gotten to vol 12 yet but I can't wait find out what Santa's authorities are? Pulling random junk/stupidly broken OP items from his bag?
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 20:49   Link #5784
Grave_digger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
Maybe Voban is playing around with his authority. To have dozen of authority without any real limitation, if I was him I'm going to use it as much as I want. Btw looks like vol 13 will take longer to update, I just realize zzhk is translating another series about vampire now and it does looks interesting.
Voban has limit in magical capacity you know. even if a godslayer have 100 authority he only can use abour 5 - 6 of them in one battle( voban use 4 authority when he face godou ),more authority simply have new weapon/abilities that's all.in the battle between god and campione the side who skillfully used his/her authority will take the advantage ( not guaranteed win though ). zzhk translating another series ? i will check it out of course.
Grave_digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 20:59   Link #5785
bakapervert
A pervert

What I mean in limitation is like Godou's restriction in his use of power. If its about magical capacity, they can just recover it by sleeping. Voban doesn't need to do battle just to use his authority, he can ressurrect anybody he kill, turn anybody he see into statue, burn anything, summon wolf, and who knows what other authority he have,maybe this guy just terrorizing some unknown village or destroying some forest or unoccuppied island in his free time with his authority.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 22:12   Link #5786
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grave_digger View Post
Voban has limit in magical capacity you know. even if a godslayer have 100 authority he only can use abour 5 - 6 of them in one battle( voban use 4 authority when he face godou ),more authority simply have new weapon/abilities that's all.in the battle between god and campione the side who skillfully used his/her authority will take the advantage ( not guaranteed win though ). zzhk translating another series ? i will check it out of course.
What volume did you read that Voban can only use 5-6 authorities in a day because that seems extraordinarily low amount of magic power for him. Godou has already increased his magic level as a Campione enough by vol. 7 so that he could use 2 authorities at once but Voban can't even get his magic level high enough 300 years to use 10 authorities in a day.

What I'm wondering is what's up with Liliana's grandfather he essentialy gave her to Voban as a gift I know that these magicial assocations need to mantain close relations with Campiones but still giving your granddaughter that necromancer.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 22:29   Link #5787
bakapervert
A pervert

Maybe because if he doesn't give Liliana than that means he need to kidnap one more miko from other family. Its already low that he has to kidnap dozen of other miko, it will be even lower if he spare his own granddaughter and sacrifice other family's daughter.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 23:10   Link #5788
chrono25

one thing is vol 13 going to be updated at the same time as vol 12 or do we wait until vol 12 is done which is fine either way just asking !
chrono25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 04:59   Link #5789
whitecloud

heretic santa...(as imagined by haruna..)

this would be quite a challenge for godou...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 09:49   Link #5790
breno.m.fis

If I understood well, when a Campione kills a [God Heretic] he usurps the ability of the God and also absorbs the magical power of it (or at least part). Voban seems to have killed at least ten gods, if his magical energy increased accordingly I do not see why he could not use several authorities on the same day. Also the fact that a Campione not need put all its power in the use of only one ability, unless he wants to give a single killer blow.
breno.m.fis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 09:54   Link #5791
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Spoiler for size:
Santa on his sled looks like a bad imitation of Broskander and his Gordius Wheel.
Old 2013-01-09, 15:16   Link #5792
Grave_digger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
What volume did you read that Voban can only use 5-6 authorities in a day because that seems extraordinarily low amount of magic power for him. Godou has already increased his magic level as a Campione enough by vol. 7 so that he could use 2 authorities at once but Voban can't even get his magic level high enough 300 years to use 10 authorities in a day.

What I'm wondering is what's up with Liliana's grandfather he essentialy gave her to Voban as a gift I know that these magicial assocations need to mantain close relations with Campiones but still giving your granddaughter that necromancer.
remember volume 2 !! voban only use 4 authority when facing godou and his magical power decreased a lot, you think he can use 10 authority !!!? authority has it's amount magical power you know,there are authority with only required small magical power like godou [bull] and huge amount magical power like [white stallion] so it's hard to judge.that's why i think godslayer can only used 5 - 6 authority at full power in a battle.I think campione and god magical or divine power already ridiculously high so there is no wide gap between them (except for great sage which is abnormal).

Well liliana grandfather is huge fan of voban,maybe he wants to be grandfather in law !!!?
Grave_digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 15:59   Link #5793
m4rc0s

Quote:
remember volume 2 !! voban only use 4 authority when facing godou and his magical power decreased a lot, you think he can use 10 authority !!!? authority has it's amount magical power you know,there are authority with only required small magical power like godou [bull] and huge amount magical power like [white stallion] so it's hard to judge.that's why i think godslayer can only used 5 - 6 authority at full power in a battle.I think campione and god magical or divine power already ridiculously high so there is no wide gap between them (except for great sage which is abnormal).
Well liliana grandfather is huge fan of voban,maybe he wants to be grandfather in law !!!?
when lily was given to voban, liliana grandfather objetive was for her be in the same type of relationship Erica have with Godou (lovers) so we can think that the deal was to Liliana become voban's woman.
About the magical power we dont have much information about the amount needed to use but for what i understand so far dont need any , the only burden the campione suffer is more like a "mental burden" and sometimes physical and of course the requeriment for the authority but has magical power needed the only thing i remember in the novel was that the campione have HUGE amount of magical power and even if the authority use some i think is something like 100 Manapoints and a campione have 10000000000 ManaPoint well that is what i understand reading the novel.(Nice exemple i think )

ps: the fight voban x godou voban was not tired because he was using her authority was more like he was tired because he was fighting.. remember godou use the goat on him afew times..
sorry about my english, is not my main language.

Last edited by m4rc0s; 2013-01-09 at 18:35.
m4rc0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 16:27   Link #5794
breno.m.fis

Quote:

Precisely, the number of different authorities that a Campione can use in a day is more linked to the amount of magical power that is consumed to activate the effect of the ability than a limitation of activation (which is the case of the Godou's authority). Utilizing powers who spend little amount of energy several of them could be used, if using abilities that consume much energy the number that can be used decreases.
Old 2013-01-09, 16:42   Link #5795
Mars Mode

This is how I interprete it, when they became campione they receive an insane amount of divine energy at least the same as a high heretic god (And you want more). And that is their limit, because as a former human that is their limit, they can use more transforming into or using avatars, allowing them to surpass anything their former selves as humans allowed them to use. And in the midst of battle they learn their optimal forms when using those authorities allowing them to use little to accomplish much. Of course it doesnt matter how you put it Voban was a beast he was nonchalantly handling the goat, if it wasnt by the sword Godou would have lost Goat or not, what truly tired Voban was the ability to revive himself from ashes in seconds. The minimum time of the Ram is 2 hours, and he did it in seconds from ashes, I dont know if even the Ram could revive Godou from ashes and just how much time it would take.
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 17:27   Link #5796
serbian otaku #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Mode View Post
This is how I interprete it, when they became campione they receive an insane amount of divine energy at least the same as a high heretic god (And you want more). And that is their limit, because as a former human that is their limit, they can use more transforming into or using avatars, allowing them to surpass anything their former selves as humans allowed them to use. And in the midst of battle they learn their optimal forms when using those authorities allowing them to use little to accomplish much. Of course it doesnt matter how you put it Voban was a beast he was nonchalantly handling the goat, if it wasnt by the sword Godou would have lost Goat or not, what truly tired Voban was the ability to revive himself from ashes in seconds. The minimum time of the Ram is 2 hours, and he did it in seconds from ashes, I dont know if even the Ram could revive Godou from ashes and just how much time it would take.
Well, I agree with you, i remember reading something in the novels about campiones acquire amount of magical power that is the limit of their human bodies, and when they kill another god they only acquire a new authority, their magical power is not heightened, it stays the same. In battle it's more about how you use your authority and not how much power do you have. Sorry about my english, it's not my mother tongue. Sorry about asking, but can somebody tell me what chapter, i remember i read it somewhere, does Godou meet his middle school buddies and brings Erica with him, and they play football and so on...
serbian otaku #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 17:37   Link #5797
breno.m.fis

Quote:
Originally Posted by serbian otaku #1 View Post
Well, I agree with you, i remember reading something in the novels about campiones acquire amount of magical power that is the limit of their human bodies, and when they kill another god they only acquire a new authority, their magical power is not heightened, it stays the same. In battle it's more about how you use your authority and not how much power do you have. Sorry about my english, it's not my mother tongue. Sorry about asking, but can somebody tell me what chapter, i remember i read it somewhere, does Godou meet his middle school buddies and brings Erica with him, and they play football and so on...

Really? Where did you read this? I always thought they absorbed energy as well.
Old 2013-01-09, 17:41   Link #5798
serbian otaku #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by breno.m.fis View Post
Really? Where did you read this? I always thought they absorbed energy as well.
I don't remember, i read all the volumes it's not like i can remember it, an also i read other novels so i can't remember but i think its around firs four or five volumes i am not sure.
Old 2013-01-09, 17:45   Link #5799
chrono25

From what I can tell from the light novels if a campione trains their body and mind their power will increase some but it is through combat that they show their true power!
chrono25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 17:51   Link #5800
serbian otaku #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrono25 View Post
From what I can tell from the light novels if a campione trains their body and mind their power will increase some but it is through combat that they show their true power!
That's also true, but their power will not increase, but they will learn to control that power, like Luo Hao, she's a martial artist that uses qigong and her attack are far stronger, or John Pluto Smith, he himself said that his barrier is not so strong, but with his divine powers it powers up to be far stronger than the strongest of magi barriers, so if a campione learns magic or martial arts that, they will be far more powerful than a normal magi, because of their divine powers and beast like instincts. In combat their body reaches optimum state, their best state, that's why they wield their full power in combat.

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem