AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2013-04-24, 20:19   Link #661
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
Well theoretically Vegito can go Super Saiyan God, maybe.
He cannot. Why? Because you need the Potara Earrings to become Vegito. There aren't any left. Only the Elder Kai and Supreme Kai had them, but Goku and Vegeta smashed both sets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Bils was confirmed as the strongest villain in the Dragon Ball canon by Toriyama himself, but SSJ God Goku is still weaker than him. There's no real way to quantify exactly how Super Vegito fits into this equation.
Like you said, there's no telling how much stronger than Buu Vegito was. So even though Bills is stronger than "Buuhan", there's nothing stating he had to therefore be stronger than Vegito.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Or simply Vegeta and Bulma's daugher Bra. She was born shortly after Pan.
This, though one has to wonder if they can do it more than once. If they can, why can't all of them go SSJG?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 21:33   Link #662
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
About Mystic Gohan, I like young gohan but the author just destroys this character in the buu saga. He became goofy, and that's Goku's job. Maybe he is trying to replace his daddy after goku goes to the afterlife, but it's not something I like to see. And the power up he got is so cheap in the buu saga. How could we expect Gohan to be the final hero in the buu saga when he slacks off in the past 7 years and the power up he got is due to his patience of willing to sit for a couple of hours? No pain, no gain. And I doubt that's the audiences want to see and it's no surprise that he becomes a side kick later on (in dragon fist and the latest movie I guess). The author simply just destroys the whole character.
It was more the Japanese audience disliking the show without Goku. That's the weird thing about Buu Saga. The first half is set up for Gohan to be the hero; he fights crime, he is popular with the ladies, and the Supreme Kai even holds him above the others as the one to defeat Buu.

But, Goku is way more popular and so storytelling goes out the window to bring him back
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 21:45   Link #663
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

I don't like the spoilers on Gohan here is all, its like the guys making fun of his own show and turning Gohan into the joke of the series. Heck, did any one see that One Piece/Toriko/Dragon Ball Z crossover? Look at what they did to him =/

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 10:53   Link #664
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
I don't like the spoilers on Gohan here is all, its like the guys making fun of his own show and turning Gohan into the joke of the series. Heck, did any one see that One Piece/Toriko/Dragon Ball Z crossover? Look at what they did to him =/
I haven't seen that, but what I'm reading here is that Gohan fans are hoping he gets a comeback in another iteration of Dragon Ball. That seems only natural, Gohan gets arguably the most screen time in Z, and along with Videl being an interesting character along with Pan, there certainly seems to be some unexplored story left.
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 16:34   Link #665
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

so....... VOSTA? or not? :/
Old 2013-05-05, 17:29   Link #666
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
technically he done nothing there, he was about to crush his enemy before they told him that no need for fighting since they can just feed the monster some food to pass him...
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 18:50   Link #667
Toto y Moi
Amor Fati

Re: Gohan in the movie, he's sort of a joke...He only gets one scene with significant screentime and it's played for laughs. There's this scene where Mai is holding Trunks hostage for the Dragonballs and has a gun pointed to his head. He changes into the Great Saiyaman (because he assumes that Mai has a toy gun) and tells her to fire at him. Gohan deflects all of the bullets with his finger, and one of them actually ends up hitting Videl (lol).

Even when Gohan learns that he's about to become a father, we mostly get a reaction shot. Even as Mystic Gohan, he gets defeated by Beerus in one or two taps.

But for those of you who haven't seen it yet, I would definitely advise that you do. It's an entertaining film. It's more of a comedy than an action film, but the battle between Goku and Beerus at the end is spectacular! Watching it made me really nostalgic. Plus, if you see it in theaters, you get a nifty little Dragon Radar case and Suushinchuu pen.
Toto y Moi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 18:53   Link #668
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto y Moi View Post
But for those of you who haven't seen it yet, I would definitely advise that you do.
I'd assume 99% of the people here haven't seen it, as it hasn't been released on BD/DVD, and we aren't in Japan.
Old 2013-05-05, 19:11   Link #669
Toto y Moi
Amor Fati

Ah, well. It will definitely come overseas and the movie strongly implies that there will be more to follow...either more movies or another series.
Toto y Moi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 21:27   Link #670
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

It's not only Gohan, Piccolo stopped being useful in the Android saga thanks to the neverending power ups. It's like if both Goku and Vegeta turned into the creator's pets and are the only who can keep their characters.

Oh yeah remember how Yamcha was at first the series' cool guy and now he became the opposite of Chuck Norris with jokes like:

- Yamcha was the only participant in a martial arts tournament... and lost in a KO.
- Every time a fairy says "I don't believe in Yamcha"... Yamcha dies.
-Yamcha played as himself in Raging Blast, lost, then died in real life.
-Yamcha cant play tag, because whenever he gets tagged, every bone in his body disintegrates
-When Goku collects energy for the Spirit Bomb, Yamcha slips into a coma.

Talk about flanderization.

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2013-05-07 at 21:37.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 21:47   Link #671
kakakka

I dunno about the other DB works, but within the first 17 volumes of DB, Yamcha... never won a fight.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 21:52   Link #672
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
I dunno about the other DB works, but within the first 17 volumes of DB, Yamcha... never won a fight.
He did defeat the Invisible Man (cheating) but nobody cares about that arc.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 22:04   Link #673
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
I was so sure it was Krillin that won that fight, but oh well.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 10:36   Link #674
Gundamx

being yamcha is suffering...
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 10:52   Link #675
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Yeah. The truth is, Yamcha has always sucked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Only thanks to Bulma's boobs.
Old 2013-05-08, 21:20   Link #676
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I thought Yamcha was pretty cool in Dragonball. He never won any big fights, but he was always up there in strength, finalist in the tournaments, and one of the first to master the kamehameha.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 08:40   Link #677
GDB

Technically speaking, wouldn't he be behind Roshi, Grandpa Gohan, Goku, and Krillin in terms of mastering it? That only really leaves Tien, Gohan, Goten, and Majin Buu in terms of those who master it after him. So he's really right smack dab in the middle, or in the latter half if you don't count Majin Buu.
Old 2013-05-09, 09:36   Link #678
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I dunno about Grandpa Gohan, but he and Krillin basically did it at the same time (during the same tournament). This was back when it "takes 50 years to master," a statement which was obviously watered down later, but at the time I saw he and Krillin mastering it as some kind of recognition that they're really powerful, albeit not on Goku's level.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 21:01   Link #679
sky black swordman

IIRC, Yamcha mastered the kamehameha before Krillin did in the same.
Krillin mastered (or used for the first time ) the day after yamcha did.
Old 2013-05-15, 01:29   Link #680
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

So guess the most useless character isn't Yamucha, but Muten Roshi. Why?
- He would lose to a girl, if she barely strip of her clothes.
- When he was suppose to extinguish the file in Gyuumao's castle, he destroyed it with the Kamehameha (and he threw out the fan that could extinguish that fire into the trash).
- It took him 50 years to master the Kamehameha. Goku did it in 5 seconds and even Yamucha mastered it quickly.