Notices

Old 2012-11-08, 20:12   Link #1101
Tulik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
Here is a theory regarding Miho, Maho and last year's battle:

The German team is surrounded, but Maho commands is to "stand your ground" because "Nishizumi do not run away" (Battle of Stalingrad). Miho decides to retreat anyway because of the situation. At the end because Maho stays and Miho retreats, the force is separated thus the German team lose. Erica and Maho blames Miho for the loss even though, from a neutral perspective (Yukari), Miho's decision is correct.
Offers insufficient explanation for Miho's trauma.
Miho decided to retreat and was falling off the cliff into a river/lake. She got her trauma from nearly dying this day.
Tulik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 20:16   Link #1102
fukarming

Quote:
Offers insufficient explanation for Miho's trauma.
What trauma? I think people pay too much attention to the tank in water part. She is commanding a tank just fine. If she actually has a trauma due to tank in water, I will expect her to vomit as soon as she steps into a tank. Or she will be really reluctant to have the tank drive over a bridge (they are lucky the bridge didn't break) Her trauma is more likely psychological, her friends, family and comrade becomes her worst enemy in 1 night. Everyone in the german school is blaming Miho for the lost.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 20:28   Link #1103
Sumeragi
Banned

I don't think it's that simple. As I said before, Miho RUNNING AWAY is probably a bigger problem than anything else.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 21:21   Link #1104
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Am I like the only one who thought Miho was setup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
The mechanical teams upgrading the PzIVD upgraded to PzIVD/H
YEEEEAAAAHHHHH!!!

Now we are talking!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 21:22   Link #1105
Random Wanderer

Quote:
What trauma? I think people pay too much attention to the tank in water part. She is commanding a tank just fine. If she actually has a trauma due to tank in water, I will expect her to vomit as soon as she steps into a tank. Or she will be really reluctant to have the tank drive over a bridge (they are lucky the bridge didn't break) Her trauma is more likely psychological, her friends, family and comrade becomes her worst enemy in 1 night. Everyone in the german school is blaming Miho for the lost.
A simple loss would not cause her to transfer schools, to run away from her family, to abandon her sister and her friends and her team, to insist on joining a school without a senshadou program, and to have made her dislike the tanks she once loved so much. Such a thing would not have caused her to have an anxiety attack when the student council insisted she needed to join the senshadou program.

Also, it would be incredibly petty. Miho doing all of the above just because she lost a match? Maho and Erika rejecting her so strongly just because of that? It's stupid, and would utterly break my suspension of disbelief.

Yes, she is still doing the job, but she is doing it by focusing her mind so intently on other things that the issues that trouble her can't get through. She focuses on the friends she has made and how much their support means to her, and she focuses intently on the details of her job as the commander, not giving her mind a chance to wander to the things that drove her from the sport in the first place. This is entirely feasible: someone who has been traumatized does not necessarily break down at the first reminder of the trauma. By focusing their thoughts intently enough on other things, they can still perform functionally even when interacting with potential trauma triggers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Am I like the only one who thought Miho was setup?
In what way, and by who?
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 21:27   Link #1106
All American Autor

Where are you guys getting your raws from? Could you get me a link to whatever site you are getting them from?
All American Autor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 21:40   Link #1107
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
In what way, and by who?
I posted in the previous page that I am guessing Miho's failure in securing Black Forest's 10th consecutive win was not due to persona failure, but because Erika might have intentionally caused the incident due to perhaps jealousy of Miho's position & proximity to Maho.

Something tells me Erika could be very clingy to Maho.

But of course, Miho doesn't know this.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 23:01   Link #1108
00Coyote

I'm curious too as to what happened to Miho. (just me recaping nothing new here)

From the opening we see that there probably was some event involving a cliff, water, a tank and almost drowning. Added together with Miho's reluctance to stay buttoned up in the tank. So there was some tank induced trauma that caused her to abandon everything associated with tanks.

From what Yukari said in defense of Miho in the tank cafe:

Maho: I'm surprised you are still doing Tank-fu.
Yukari: I would like to say on her behalf that her decision in combat was not wrong!

We can assume that the trauma happened in the finals (since only the finals are broadcast on TV, which is where Yukari probably saw the fight.) So there was some questionable event that happened in the final match, Miho's decision on this event resulted in the loss of the match.

Another hint that was dropped during ep 5 was the line from the Saunders leader

Kai: Oh good question! Since two schools can't gang up this time, we'll go with a single line of battle.

How's it all tie together? Not a clue. It might be something along the lines of Maho commanded Miho to take her squad on a dangerous route/ford a river unprepared or such which Miho couldn't safely accomplish, and trauma and loss resulted.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 00:10   Link #1109
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I have a question for the episode 5.5 it will last like 24 min where less? and will replace the six episode but it will not be an episode that follows the story? because if so many say it's episode 6 finally you understand? ^^"
Old 2012-11-09, 00:53   Link #1110
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Coyote View Post
Kai: Oh good question! Since two schools can't gang up this time, we'll go with a single line of battle.
That part never really made sense to me in the Commie version, but it's better in the Horriblesubs version (and sounds closer to what I my limited Japanese could understand).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchyroll
We can't perform full tank platoon pairs this time, so we'll have three tanks in one of the platoons, and have them form their own company.
I really don't think it'd have anything to do with Miho's trauma at all though.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 01:26   Link #1111
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Here is a theory regarding Miho, Maho and last year's battle:

The German team is surrounded, but Maho commands is to "stand your ground" because "Nishizumi do not run away" (Battle of Stalingrad). Miho decides to retreat anyway because of the situation. At the end because Maho stays and Miho retreats, the force is separated thus the German team lose. Erica and Maho blames Miho for the loss even though, from a neutral perspective (Yukari), Miho's decision is correct.
Breaking discipline at the worst time? No, it's not. Even if a retreat was better than a stand, it wasn't her call to make and splitting the forces was the worst option.

It's possible Yukari's enough of a fangirl to excuse it, but from a meta perspective your explanation is unlikely. Miho's the main character - whatever mistake she made would have to be a lot more ambiguous or heroic. A gamble that didn't pay off, or an attempt at "saving" someone that cost them the victory.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 03:28   Link #1112
Marina2

I think the BIGGEST question is: How the lose/defeat of Blackforest, Miho's 'mistake' and the accident are realated? ............or they never mean to be realated at all

The info we have are.....

1. Blackforest lost thier champion to Russia team last year
2. Miho used to be the vice-commander of Blackforest
3. Miho said she has bad memory with tank (The picture of her(?) drowning are showed) and want to get away from the tank
4. Maho said in an interview she will never running aways from battle
5. Maho said she surprises that Miho is still doing Sencha do

Now our questions are:

Why does Miho doesn't want to do Sencha do anymore? What is her past? Why she tranfered to school that doesn't have tank class.

From the info we got, there are three possibilities
1. The shame that she made her team lost. - As someone mention, her teammate, her family may blame her for the loss. Miho herself also felt that it was her fault and need to take responsible for it so she decided to quit Blackforest and transfer to Oarai.

2. The 'drowning' Accident - There are many time that anime show as the flashback of a tank drowning in the water.
2.1 The Accident inflicted a fear to her and made her afraid of Sencha do?
2.2 The Accident made someone under her command died or almost died and Miho felt she had to take responsible?

Why does Maho mad at Miho?

Maybe..........Miho doesn't mad at Miho because she made Blackforest lost but because Miho 'running away' from Sencha do after accident.

I mean what if Blackforest decided to throw away their victory to safe Miho and her crews out of water and found out that Miho turned from the mightly vice-comander into a girl who afraid of tank and want to run away from Sencha do instead of trying to redeem herself in the next competition

However,.....this theory has a lot of conflict with the revealed content and I don't think it is 100% correct.

.................................................. ..............

Last edited by Marina2; 2012-11-09 at 03:45.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 03:45   Link #1113
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Old 2012-11-09, 03:55   Link #1114
PzIVf3

PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 05:08   Link #1115
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

So someone made a chart from those earlier giveout pics of the girls and their favorite tanks, which makes identifying said tanks easier.

(Format from Top to Bottom)

B Team:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Isobe Noriko - M3 Medium Tank
Kondou Taeko - M4 Sherman (supposedly, all them)
Kawanishi Shinobu - M36 Slugger
Sasaki Akebi - M47 Patton

C Team:

Images

Caesar - Carro Armato P40
Erwin - Jagdpanzer V Jagdpanther
Saemonza - M4 (105) HVSS Sherman
Oryou - Type 97 Chi-Ha

D Team:

Images

Sawa Azusa - A34 Comet Tank
Yamagou Ayumi - Panzerjager Tiger Ausf. B Jagdtiger
Maruyama Saki - M36 Slugger
Sakaguchi Karina - KV-2
Utsugi Yuuki - M24 Chaffee
Oono Aya - Hotchkiss H35

E Team:

Images

Kadotani Anzu - T28 Super Heavy Tank (aka T95)
Koyama Yuzu - Type 97 Chi-Ha
Kawashima Momo - Pzkpfw Tiger Ausf. B Tiger II

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 05:55   Link #1116
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Die Saga von der Strifenritter....I really want to see whatever anime that Yukari watches www

Quote:
On the tactical level, when advancing on a German position, Soviet forces would fully expect their first tank or two to be taken out. And they'd use that to their advantage to knockout the German defenders in turn. Casualties suffered by the first echelons don't matter enough as long as they manage to break through German lines and force them to overly commit their reserves. Since once that happens, the secondary Soviet echelons can pour through the hole to get into German rear areas and utterly annihilate entire formations without having to fight them head on.

These methods are best exemplified in Operations Bagartion and August Storm. One of the most important elements to achieve this operational success is the proper employment of maskirovka, but I don't know if that will make it into the anime.
Since Sensha-dou is pure tank battle, it'll be interesting to see how Soviets will play. Deep battle always emphasized heavy support for the tanks via air and artillery

Quote:
Don't forget it was Yukari who spied on the Saunders first. They're just returning the favour.
Hey...she credited Saunders at the end of her film :P

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-11-09 at 06:10.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 06:39   Link #1117
gaiar31

Poster Size A3 "Miho Harem" with BD vol.1 from 4 Shop
gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 07:25   Link #1118
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
That part never really made sense to me in the Commie version, but it's better in the Horriblesubs version (and sounds closer to what I my limited Japanese could understand).

Quote:
We can't perform full tank platoon pairs this time, so we'll have three tanks in one of the platoons, and have them form their own company.
I really don't think it'd have anything to do with Miho's trauma at all though.
Ah, I was trying to figure out what he was talking about and coming up blank. Version I saw said "we won't have enough to form two complete platoons, so it'll be one company with three tanks per platoon."
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 07:46   Link #1119
Marina2

Believe me, once you see the translation of other group, you will realize how bad Commie's translation is.
Old 2012-11-09, 08:38   Link #1120
gaiar31

I watch Hiryuu fansub.
gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks