AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Pairings, Take 2 (multiple choice allowed)
Lelouch stays single 126 11.22%
Lelouch x C.C. 744 66.25%
Lelouch x Kallen 406 36.15%
Lelouch x Shirley 176 15.67%
Lelouch x Millay 65 5.79%
Suzaku x Kallen 150 13.36%
Suzaku x Nunally 102 9.08%
Suzaku x Shirley 46 4.10%
Lloyd x Millay 63 5.61%
Viletta x Ougi 213 18.97%
Rival x Millay 107 9.53%
Lloyd x Cecile 113 10.06%
Schneizel x Cecile 43 3.83%
Cornelia x Guildford 130 11.58%
Other pairings not listed (give who and reason) 78 6.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-04, 19:52   Link #1
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Even though Code Geass isnt a romance anime in the true respects it has given fans alot of romance to think about between the main character Lelouch and the girls of the school Millay, Shirley and Kallen as well as C.C. Also Suzaku needs a new pairing So this thread is for the discussion of what pairings are your favorites and are they going to happen as the series progresses with possible changes to the pairing. The ending of season one disrupted many of the previous pairing so the poll has been revamped since people might have changed their minds since they first voted.

This poll is a multiple choice poll and while we won’t restrict you from voting for every combination, please try to limit your choice to your top 3 or 4 picks if you can. If you can narrow it down a bit, then that’s even better. If you like one pairing the most, then don’t feel the need to vote for any more.

Please remember that once you make your vote you may not "come back" later to add or change your previous vote(s). So make sure you know all the pairings you want to include in your vote before you click the "Vote Now" button.

And of course the vote is public, so your votes will be visible to all.

Thread Rules
  • No campaigning for votes.
    Any post with "Vote for…/Do not vote for..." verbiage will be deleted. Discuss why you do or don’t like characters without campaigning for votes.

• Do not insult or harass other members for their choices.
    Please remember: this is for fun. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won’t be tolerated.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It’s great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2008-07-21 at 13:16.
Old 2007-08-10, 14:21   Link #2
Juvyniled

First post.

Lelouch shares the deepest bond with C.C., so deep that every other possible fling or moment of infatuation pales in comparison. It's not such a bad relationship either considering the trust, the mutual confidence in one another, and they have a seemingly strong connection. What Lelouch doesn't know and what we don't know is what C.C. plans to do with him. But apart from that one little disparity, that is by far the most 'romantic' (I'm not trying to be touchy-feely) pairing of them all (if there are any other romantic pairings...).
Old 2007-08-10, 14:22   Link #3
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Grrrr......

Of course Kallen x Lulu is still in 2nd. Gawd. Piss me off. If it really does go that route I'm gonna have a fit. >_>

It's either stay single or be with C.C. and make her happy, Lulu. >_<

Anyway...

Glad to see Viletta x Ougi on there. I really hope that that relationship gets pulled out. I think Viletta is soooooooo pretty and when she lost her memory she was just insanely cute, cooking for Ougi.

Rival x Milly. Hell yes. A normal, feel-good relationship, please! kthxbye.

>_<

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2007-08-10, 14:27   Link #4
Var
Banned

Since I like both, and there is no triple, I voted LelouchxCC and LelouchxKallen. (Much to Jaqd's chagrin)

I also voted for something else but I can't seem to remember what it was.

(Bah who voted SuzakuxKallen, sky is falling!)
Old 2007-08-10, 14:31   Link #5
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post

Since I like both, and there is no triple, I voted LelouchxCC and LelouchxKallen. (Much to Jaqd's chagrin)

Just click the "number" and you'll find out. ^^
Old 2007-08-10, 14:32   Link #6
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
Just click the "number" and you'll find out. ^^
IT'S BETTER THAN LULU x KALLEN.

I'm not so spiteful as to want her to get killed or anything, so if she ends up with someone I wouldn't mind... JUST NOT LULU.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2007-08-10, 14:34   Link #7
Juvyniled

If C.C. betrays Lelouch in the end, then I have no problem with Lelouch going with Karen. But until then... it still feels forced (you'd have to tear such a strong bond apart for that to happen).

And I've gotta agree with the others... Suzaku and Kallen going together is a forced pairing.
Old 2007-08-10, 15:00   Link #8
Ky-66
Nuclear Trance

0 0%
Suzaku x Shirley

lol that made it in the poll...
Old 2007-08-10, 15:01   Link #9
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post

It's going to happen sooner or later One day they'll be fighting and eventually they'll succum to passions...I mean seriously, he saw her naked and she wasn't even bothered by it.

I selected Lelouch staying single mainly because while he has a deep relationship with CC, to me its not the kind that'll endure for obvious reasons. Either both of them will fall or one of them will.

Lloyd and Millay for obvious reasons, the two seem to hit it off easily and Milly seems to go soft whenever he's around.

Schneizel x Cecile just because I just love his introduction to her (Should've put Cecil and Suzaku as well).

And finally Cornelia and Guilford (Assuming they both survive). They have a pretty strong relationship. Both trust and care for each other.
Old 2007-08-10, 15:44   Link #10
Echoes

It's still Lulu x C.C. or nothing, I just don't see him ending up with Karen, and certainly not Shirley. As for the other characters... I'm really not that concerned.
Old 2007-08-10, 20:20   Link #11
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

I voted Lelouch X C.C. but where is Lelouch X Nunally??

I believe this pair still has a high potential
Old 2007-08-10, 20:20   Link #12
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
sigh... Luluche x CC is freaking cannon rightnow. The scans and covers and plots everything up until now...Other couple can only exist in fan-fic and voting polls... Lulu x CC's romance is a bit different than love-love couple you see in halem anime of course, however they are indeed very important existance to one another and bound together by their fate and will. I don't know how will this series end, but the leading couple is obvious.

hmm next in line, although some people don't like it, I find Susaku x Kallen quite attractive. Sure, they got a lot of story line to clear since they are currently on different side, but heck this season love between people on different factions are on a roll: Vietta and Ougi, Romeo x Juliet, Simon x Nia. Adding another one to the list wouldn't hurt would it? Their chemistry works quite well judging from the way they talked at school, ep 19 and after they came back. They are strangely open up to one another eventhough they might have to kill each other the next minute. Their lover's fight might be interesting as well.

Somehow there is V.V. x Nanally weirdly come up in my mind from times to times. May be its because of their age (he is probably a lot older than he looks)? their body size? their style is similar? hmmm

and why isn't Orange in the poll!!!! He is cyborg orange now, but doesn't mean he loses everything. come on I prefer Ornage x Vietta more than the lame Ougi. I totally agree with her VA, she is freaking bored with Showa age wife, she wanna get back to her old hasband and pilot some knightmare!

We don't know that much about Ciciel yet. Lloyd said to her that "Is she trying to have Susaku replace someone?" suggesting that she already has or had a special person.

Lloyd x Milly.... is awesome. Sure Lloyd is a work freak, he is a scientist who has his own passion, but it doesn't mean he can't satisfy Milly.. at least trust me I think he is better than Rivalz. Lloyd and Milly both are weird balls and I find them strangely resemble Lulu x CC a bit. I also sense Ciciel --> Lloyd a bit during ep 21, the triangle will be interesting.
Old 2007-08-10, 20:55   Link #13
Juvyniled

Lloyd with anyone other than Laksharta is unrealistic. Oh, by the way, where is that one? Both have a passion for science, they both know each other quite well, etc. No one has really even considered that one yet.

Why doesn't it work with Milly? It's an arranged marriage and that takes some time to settle some things... and from the looks of it, there won't likely be any time for settling.

And why not Cecile? Close and friendly, but not intimate in any way. They confide in each other and it's almost like a sister-sister relationship.

Not Nina. Too erratic, very passionate but some issues linger, etc.

Laksharta is the only who can satisfy him intellectuality (and physically... meow?).
Old 2007-08-10, 21:49   Link #14
HunterRequiem
Resident cynic

Send a message via AIM to HunterRequiem
Well, since it said favorite and not most likely, I went ahead and voted

LulouchxKallen (the less violent personality, I'd prefer, but whatever)
SuzukuxShirley (aw...why not? they'd be a good couple)
Viletta x Ougi (its just nice)
Rival x Millay (like I said elsewhere, she could be looking for a project >.>)
LlyodxCecille (she's the only one who really understands him anyways)
CornelliaxGuilford (ok, so this is unlikely to happen, but why not?)
Old 2007-08-10, 22:04   Link #15
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

I guess it really doesn't matter if its a new poll LelouchXC.C. and LelouchXKaren is going to keep the lead all the way to the end.
Old 2007-08-10, 23:14   Link #16
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvyniled View Post
If C.C. betrays Lelouch in the end, then I have no problem with Lelouch going with Karen. But until then... it still feels forced (you'd have to tear such a strong bond apart for that to happen).

And I've gotta agree with the others... Suzaku and Kallen going together is a forced pairing.
The reason I prefer Kallen is due to how the season started. All those awkward moments between her and Shirley, the infatuation with Zero, stuff like that. I also simply liked how she and Zero interacted, but that's just personal opinion.

KallenxSuzaku would be a sunrise force, and would probably make the plot seem childish if it happened (you'd have to change so much and omit so much of the past that... well you might as well ditch season 1). They did it in GS... it went poorly, why the hell would they do it again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
It's going to happen sooner or later One day they'll be fighting and eventually they'll succum to passions...I mean seriously, he saw her naked and she wasn't even bothered by it.
Could have sworn she covered up, pulled a knife, and tried to kill Suzaku. Also, when the enemy finds you, are you really going to be all concerned what you are wearing? Man, I'd be trying to kill them with my underwear if it was on hand.

Fighting, like when they were fighting in every single encounter (but lets focus on ep 24-25) and Suzaku didn't even think twice about killing her? If Zero hadn't shown up to stop him there'd be no Kallen. I'd imagine that would make her think.

Quote:
And finally Cornelia and Guilford (Assuming they both survive). They have a pretty strong relationship. Both trust and care for each other.
They have to survive, she ordered him to return to her and he said "Yes, your highness!" with his cool-ass smirk.

Quote:

hmm next in line, although some people don't like it, I find Susaku x Kallen quite attractive. Sure, they got a lot of story line to clear since they are currently on different side, but heck this season love between people on different factions are on a roll: Vietta and Ougi, Romeo x Juliet, Simon x Nia. Adding another one to the list wouldn't hurt would it? Their chemistry works quite well judging from the way they talked at school, ep 19 and after they came back. They are strangely open up to one another eventhough they might have to kill each other the next minute. Their lover's fight might be interesting as well.
That's one of the reasons no one likes it. Its bland, overused, and (given its sunrise) almost predictable. The Viletta and Ougi one is a little different, given that she has amnesia, making it more viable. It also serves some value to the plot. None the less even that pairing is of the bland, overused, and, well, boring type.

For Kallen and Suzaku, it wouldn't be simply clearing up of sides. It would be a rework of what their entire lives have stood for, this is on characters that will die before they change sides, and a lot of their interactions in S1. This isn't GS where people can just switch sides when ever they feel like it, you've actually got history and reasons for fighting keeping people where they are in CG.

They are open because if they seemed tense it would draw unusual attention. When people are tense around one another, others always notice. Her 'weak' side has always been open anyway, she opened up to Lelouch in less than episode, then to the rest of the gang. Just because she is open doesn't mean they have good chemistry. They've also had such little interaction that their chemistry can really even be brought up. Lets not forget, Suzaku was going to kill her without a worry in his head in the finale.
Old 2007-08-11, 00:51   Link #17
Juvyniled

I'd have to disagree with the line

Quote:
It would be a rework of what their entire lives have stood for, this is on characters that will die before they change sides, and a lot of their interactions in S1.
Romance does not directly involve one's ideals. And coming to terms with one another by the summation of the series is entirely different than them coming together during the course of it. The latter of the two would fit with that perspective, but the first would not. They've definitely been in each other's faces a lot and they have a terribly strained relationship. On the pace they are headed, it won't be likely that they'll even be coupling at the end of the series. But I will agree that it would have a negative effect on her character's popularity/fandom should she have a sudden change of her at this stage in the game.
Old 2007-08-11, 01:32   Link #18
HunterRequiem
Resident cynic

Send a message via AIM to HunterRequiem
Romance, sadly, also often has little to do with Viability as well. Its happened all throughout history and literature. Just because SuzukuxKallen does develop doesn't mean that it will follow and logic, or really get anywhere. Remember that the basest human instinct is to survive to have children, and, if necessary, one can...beget children in about 5 minutes. My point is that logic and romance have NEVER, EVER gone hand in hand (ok, maybe somtimes, but as a rule, don't expect romance to be logical). Considering that this is Code Geass, and we're dealing with romance, anything could happen. We could end up with some particularly bizarre pairings. So don't immediately rule out KallenxSuzuku (even though I personally don't support it).
Old 2007-08-11, 01:51   Link #19
pockychan

um...Orange X Viletta?
Old 2007-08-11, 02:19   Link #20
mangastuff

LuluxCC all the way, yahhh !!

I careless for other pairs, but I just find SuzakuxKallen clinche and because of that, boring
Closed Thread

Tags
characters, romance