Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-05-14, 09:44   Link #1501
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneColdCrazy
It's a good choice.

I must go visit again - my French has definitely improved (plus I want to see if I can get any English-subtitled French films that can't be bought here). Are they still selling a fair variety of anime in France?

SCC
There's a large difference between what's licensed in France and in the USA, so I guess it's a yes
Old 2004-05-14, 10:13   Link #1502
StoneColdCrazy
Noumenon

Send a message via ICQ to StoneColdCrazy Send a message via MSN to StoneColdCrazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany
There's a large difference between what's licensed in France and in the USA, so I guess it's a yes
Pfft, USA? Where's that?

Certainly in the late 90s, France had a different (and often) better selection of anime than that available in Britian.

SCC
StoneColdCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-14, 10:35   Link #1503
silentpixel
Champloo Addict

Send a message via AIM to silentpixel Send a message via MSN to silentpixel
update
Spoiler:
silentpixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-14, 10:43   Link #1504
shamrok

My screenshots here:
http://www.lynucs.org/?&shamrok
shamrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-14, 10:49   Link #1505
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
it will be LBox's sig's pic if he gets me that source

but nice BG shamrok. like the one on the left
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-14, 18:38   Link #1506
Lunchboxx

Send a message via AIM to Lunchboxx Send a message via MSN to Lunchboxx Send a message via Yahoo to Lunchboxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
it will be LBox's sig's pic if he gets me that source

but nice BG shamrok. like the one on the left
umm....so you want the source huh....here ya go...

Spoiler:

Don't know how good a desktop it'll make
Lunchboxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 02:38   Link #1507
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
NoSanninWa I use StyleXP for diffrent skins Its verry stable on my XP and its free.Don't remember well though ^^
I can't say enough good things about StyleXP myself. It isn't free, but it is quite worth the price.

I was complaining about the website ThemeXP.org since they recently started wrapping most of their styles with adware/spyware. Now you need to install the adware in order to look at styles that you download from them.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 11:45   Link #1508
7thMethuselah

My newest wallpaper, not the most spectacular but I like it when these two are together

Spoiler:
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 12:56   Link #1509
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I can't say enough good things about StyleXP myself. It isn't free, but it is quite worth the price.

I was complaining about the website ThemeXP.org since they recently started wrapping most of their styles with adware/spyware. Now you need to install the adware in order to look at styles that you download from them.
Am I the only one who don't use the XP theme because I prefer to stay on a pre-XP theme? (I just can't bear how XP change the start menu with the XP theme!)
Anyway, I've just found a new desktop to use... Not much pinkness this time, but there's more than in my last desktop yay!
Spoiler for about 170kbits and 1280x1024 resolution!:
Old 2004-05-15, 13:00   Link #1510
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

Thany: I agree. I much prefer the classic style to the new one. I don't like dramatic change, especially if it doesn't help you.
Slade xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 13:53   Link #1511
7thMethuselah

OMG Thany that wallpaper is so cuuuuute
Old 2004-05-15, 13:57   Link #1512
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchboxx

Spoiler:

not good... not good at alll

i had my hopes waaay up... ... ah well. not your fault.

7th- there are better ones out there... ... i swear i saw a better quality image of that on 4chan a week ago

thany- meet oishya san? ? ? *new oishya san?*

saw it at 4chan, passed on it my desktop went back to "wind a breath of heart"
Old 2004-05-15, 14:37   Link #1513
rcxAsh
Do you Gentoo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
Thany Windows en français! lol

NoSanninWa I use StyleXP for diffrent skins Its verry stable on my XP and its free.Don't remember well though ^^

Here's a pic.

Spoiler:

These are from a "Mac" kinda stlye skin
Votre ordinatuer est en anglais? Mais, votre location lit en francais..?
(Excuse my French, but I meant to say, "Your computer is in English? But, your location reads in French?")

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrok
My screenshots here:
http://www.lynucs.org/?&shamrok
Hey! Isn't that that same Runa (read probably about a hundred posts back..) girl in your XFCE4 desktop?! Do you happen to know where she's from? (Random related comment, yeah for XFCE4... Gnome2 hurts my 800 MHz processor... KDE is literally death to my processor..)
rcxAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 14:57   Link #1514
StoneColdCrazy
Noumenon

Send a message via ICQ to StoneColdCrazy Send a message via MSN to StoneColdCrazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcxAsh
(Excuse my French, but I meant to say, "Your computer is in English? But, your location reads in French?")
The amount of europeans I know who use English language software, or use it in their day to day lives (people who's first language isn't English writing their blogs in English, songs in English, and so on) always surprises me. I also find it embaressing how good they are at our language, and how bad we are at any of theirs. Not that it stops me from shouting ALERTE GENERALE! at people, but still.

SCC
StoneColdCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 15:03   Link #1515
rcxAsh
Do you Gentoo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchboxx

Spoiler:

Cool pic! BTW, can anyone read Japanese for me? It could still be used as a wallpaper, at least, if you don't mind it being rotated side ways.. The proportion is almost exactly 600x800. So rotate it to 800x600 and it will fit nicely... OR if you have a tablet PC or something that works in a portrait orientation, it will be nice..

OR, if you have an nVidia card, use the rotate function to rotate your screen by 90 degrees. This makes it sorta like a portrait mode. Then, just pick up your monitor and put it on its side

I've posted a screenshot of this wallpaper on my computer when the screen is rotated (not the wallpaper):
Spoiler:

It actually does make a nice wallpaper provided you have the monitor in that orientation

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneColdCrazy
The amount of europeans I know who use English language software, or use it in their day to day lives (people who's first language isn't English writing their blogs in English, songs in English, and so on) always surprises me. I also find it embaressing how good they are at our language, and how bad we are at any of theirs. Not that it stops me from shouting ALERTE GENERALE! at people, but still.

SCC
Yah, I suppose this is true. It's just that the international students at my school all have their computers in their native languages, Korean, Chinese, Spanish.. Oh well, just practicing my French hehe.
Old 2004-05-15, 15:29   Link #1516
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcxAsh
Would be better if you said (using more familiar because I don't think JOJO'STAR is your teach or something )
'Ton ordinateur est en anglais? Mais l'endroit où tu habite est écrit en français?'
But I could understand what you meant Pas mal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
OMG Thany that wallpaper is so cuuuuute
I've posted it on 4chan, it must be still there
Old 2004-05-15, 15:39   Link #1517
rcxAsh
Do you Gentoo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany
Would be better if you said (using more familiar because I don't think JOJO'STAR is your teach or something )
'Ton ordinateur est en anglais? Mais l'endroit où tu habite est écrit en français?'
But I could understand what you meant Pas mal
hehe, yah, back in the day when Jojo'Star was my teacher... the good old days...

Heh, It's been a couple years since I've used my French much (or lack there of). "votre" does sound rather formal, doesn't it..

Well, at least you could understand me

I remember the last time I wrote French in a forum... the immediate reply was...
"Please speak in English" followed by the answer to my question in English.
Old 2004-05-15, 15:43   Link #1518
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
7th- there are better ones out there... ... i swear i saw a better quality image of that on 4chan a week ago
The wallpaper is 1280 x 1024 and very high quality, but I cropped it and reduced quality or it would be a 2 Mb image in this thread which the mods wouldn't really like
Yes there are more spectacular IY wallpapers but everytime Kikyou and Inuyasha meet the atmosphere gets really tense in IY. I love those episodes so the wallpaper has an "extra" value
Old 2004-05-15, 15:49   Link #1519
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
The wallpaper is 1280 x 1024 and very high quality, but I cropped it and reduced quality or it would be a 2 Mb image in this thread which the mods wouldn't really like
Yes there are more spectacular IY wallpapers but everytime Kikyou and Inuyasha meet the atmosphere gets really tense in IY. I love those episodes so the wallpaper has an "extra" value
My actualy desktop is of 500kbits and is at the same resolution... I could get it at under 250kbits and I guess that if you 'spoil' it, it won't matter : just make sure to tell people about the big size etc
And don't forget to kill the quality, better than resizing
Old 2004-05-15, 15:51   Link #1520
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Quote:
that makes alot more sense now i couldnt imagine how the quality could have deteriorated so!
Quote:
My actualy desktop is of 500kbits and is at the same resolution... I could get it at under 250kbits and I guess that if you 'spoil' it, it won't matter : just make sure to tell people about the big size etc
And don't forget to kill the quality, better than resizing
hell no! full quality screw resizing!!!!

Tags
customize, desktop, rainmeter, wallpaper