AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Old 2012-10-08, 09:49   Link #21
YuzurihaAsuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
In very simple terms, yes. This is why I titled it She Has Chuunibyou, But I Want to Love Her! in my translation.

I wanna know more of this! Can you give some spoiler?
YuzurihaAsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 21:58   Link #22
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuzurihaAsuna View Post
I wanna know more of this! Can you give some spoiler?
Normally I wouldn't mind it, but since the novel is in editing and I hope to release it soon, I'd rather not spoil something that'll be available for everyone to read. I also don't want to spoil anything related to the anime that may pop up (though given the direction they're going, it'll be vastly different).

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 12:20   Link #23
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Quote:
Normally I wouldn't mind it, but since the novel is in editing and I hope to release it soon, I'd rather not spoil something that'll be available for everyone to read. I also don't want to spoil anything related to the anime that may pop up (though given the direction they're going, it'll be vastly different).
I thought you will release after the anime ends
Syokool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 13:20   Link #24
sky black swordman

Quote:
(though given the direction they're going, it'll be vastly different).
Is the anime going to have a Anime End?
They do anime-original characters.
Old 2012-10-09, 15:27   Link #25
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Is the anime going to have a Anime End?
They do anime-original characters.
Appearently that seems to be the case.

Quote:
"The amount of novel material we had was insufficient even though it was published via Kyoto Animation's KA Esuma label. In short, it feels more like an original series from our company. Because of that, we put so much effort into this series. 'Make it entertaining until the very last scene!' We put in every entertaining moment we could think of and arranged them together. The end is also different from the novels. We hope you enjoy watching it until the very end."
Here's the whole article.

Spoiler for length:
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 15:44   Link #26
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syokool View Post
I thought you will release after the anime ends
The novel's translation was finished at the end of May. 10 weeks is "soon" by that time frame. I'm weighing the options of allowing speculation in the thread versus lack of spoilers from no one reading the novel. Then again, it might take that long for it to be edited (it's in process).

As for the anime versus the LN, imagine seeing the characters you know well in a brand new setting. That's how I feel. I know them, but I don't know exactly what's going to happen (though my guesses have turned out to be fairly accurate). There are things, like Rikka's eye resonating in front of Yuuta, that are similar, but the context is different. In the novel, that's their first interaction while they met the night before in the anime.

Also, to accommodate the whole "moving" aspect that isn't in the novel, KyoAni bumped the series to April where the novel takes place in late Mayish. There were rumors going around about Rikka in the novel, but she's a new student in the anime. Yuuta studied very hard to get into a school that few people from his middle school could get into so he wouldn't be around people who knew his chuunibyou antics, but anime!Yuuta just went to a far school. Similar, yet different. (You'll read all of this by 2/3rds of the way through chapter 1, so I don't feel like it's too spoilery. Plus it allows me to compare/contrast the two forms.)

Old 2012-10-19, 21:28   Link #27
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

From the anime thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
As for the title, I don't like the new English title, which seems so different from the Japanese one, and seems to add concepts that are only arguably present in the story. But I do like both houkoholic and ultimatemegax's versions: "I'm chuunibyou but I still want to fall in love," and "She has Chuunibyou, But I Want to Love Her!" The Japanese here doesn't specify who is the lover and who the loved, so the chuunibyou-sufferer could be either. Although I do think it being the lover is more natural here.
I'll comment on this in this thread. Like Kaoru says, the title is ambiguous so I waited until I finished the novel to translate it. The biggest reason I chose She has Chuunibyou, But I Want to Love Her! is because the novels are told from Yuuta's POV, so it fits better when viewing the novel as a whole. Just thought I'd clarify that.

Old 2012-10-20, 01:29   Link #28
Shadow5YA

Anyone who has read the novels want to spoil me on Shinka's secret? Is she also an ex-chuuni like Yuuta?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 03:12   Link #29
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
I'll just quote the novel:
Basically, it's people who imagine they have some type of mystical power awakened in them. They're the kind of kids who play superheros, but never grew out of that phase. It's not just in private; these types of people act this way all the time. They truly believe they have powers.
Where I'm from, we put people like that into mental hospitals-- or at least give them medication. It's called being insane. Lol.

I've watched the first couple of episodes of the anime and while I've enjoyed it, I really can't get into Rikka that much. She really comes off as delusional and insane. It kills my suspension of disbelief considering it's otherwise a normal world they live in. If they showed something where she knows it isn't real, but is trying to escape reality, then I'd probably be able to wrap my head around it better. But considering they portray it as if she actually sees it like it's real, it just makes me think she should be in a looney bin.

I'll have to check out the novels to see if I enjoy it any more.
Old 2012-10-25, 01:30   Link #30
teja208
Critical fanboy

Having already seen ep 4, guess it's now ok for me to ask: How was Shinka character portrayed in the novel compared to what was given in the anime?
Old 2012-10-25, 05:20   Link #31
florza
一日之计在于晨

I've been thinking of buying the LNs, but then I saw the price tag. Are they really that pricey? They are listed at 1250 yen each on amazon.jp, more than a Horizon novel, while still having the same length as a normal LN.
florza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 07:32   Link #32
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Having already seen ep 4, guess it's now ok for me to ask: How was Shinka character portrayed in the novel compared to what was given in the anime?
I have to think of them as different characters. Ishihara/Hanada went a completely different route than how Torako wrote Nibutani in the novel. Personally, I (and I know a couple others) prefer novel Nibutani more. The anime version thus far seems too one-dimensional compared to the complex character she is in the novels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by florza View Post
I've been thinking of buying the LNs, but then I saw the price tag. Are they really that pricey? They are listed at 1250 yen each on amazon.jp, more than a Horizon novel, while still having the same length as a normal LN.
No, you're looking at used sellers who've jacked up the price of the novel since Amazon/HMV/Kino/etc don't carry it. Both retail for 680 yen, but are only available at certain stores due to the amount that said store ordered from KyoAni. Look at JBOOK instead for an easier purchase that's not too bad price-wise.

Old 2012-10-25, 09:18   Link #33
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
I have to think of them as different characters. Ishihara/Hanada went a completely different route than how Torako wrote Nibutani in the novel. Personally, I (and I know a couple others) prefer novel Nibutani more. The anime version thus far seems too one-dimensional compared to the complex character she is in the novels.
Thanks for the clearification. No wonder you decided to change your avatar. I'll will be looking forward to the novel version of Shinka whenever you finally done with the editing.
Old 2012-10-25, 09:43   Link #34
florza
一日之计在于晨

Think I'll ask Kino to order them or something, once my exams end, if not, I'll do as you advised. Definitely looking forward to it, if the LN is as amusing as the anime (Like the inane stuff that the Jaoushingan and her First Servant get up to, +1 to the imagination battles(mousou batoru?)).
florza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 10:38   Link #35
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Thanks for the clearification. No wonder you decided to change your avatar. I'll will be looking forward to the novel version of Shinka whenever you finally done with the editing.
I can't say the avatar change was due to that. I thought a certain scene where it's from would be animated this episode and it wasn't. I wanted to change due to that. The fact that it represents the better Nibutani is an awesome side-effect. Definitely look forward to it and try to think of her as a different character when you read it. Otherwise you'll be too biased to see the differences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by florza View Post
Think I'll ask Kino to order them or something, once my exams end, if not, I'll do as you advised. Definitely looking forward to it, if the LN is as amusing as the anime (Like the inane stuff that the Jaoushingan and her First Servant get up to, +1 to the imagination battles(mousou batoru?)).
At this point, we don't really have an over-arcing story in the anime, which is something I can't judge yet. The novel started its story much earlier and so it feels more whole (even though it's not that well composed timeline-wise) than the anime does at this moment.

I'm curious if Kino can order them. I know their JP branches don't carry the novel, so I'm not sure if they'll be able to order them. Keep in mind that right now they're pretty much sold out online (both at JBOOK and at KyoAni) so you might have to wait for them to get back in stock. I'm glad to see a lot of interest in them.

Old 2012-10-25, 14:35   Link #36
Shadow5YA

Quote:
I'm relieved to hear that. As amusing as bitchy Shinka was, I thought it was disappointing that she thought absolutely nothing of Yuuta's kindness towards her.
Old 2012-10-25, 20:16   Link #37
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I'm relieved to hear that. As amusing as bitchy Shinka was, I thought it was disappointing that she thought absolutely nothing of Yuuta's kindness towards her.
I will agree with you somewhat, but dont forget the anime is just starting so this may change.
Old 2012-10-27, 14:57   Link #38
Oris

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
I will agree with you somewhat, but dont forget the anime is just starting so this may change.
Quote:
I can't say the avatar change was due to that. I thought a certain scene where it's from would be animated this episode and it wasn't. I wanted to change due to that. The fact that it represents the better Nibutani is an awesome side-effect. Definitely look forward to it and try to think of her as a different character when you read it. Otherwise you'll be too biased to see the differences.

At this point, we don't really have an over-arcing story in the anime, which is something I can't judge yet. The novel started its story much earlier and so it feels more whole (even though it's not that well composed timeline-wise) than the anime does at this moment.

I'm curious if Kino can order them. I know their JP branches don't carry the novel, so I'm not sure if they'll be able to order them. Keep in mind that right now they're pretty much sold out online (both at JBOOK and at KyoAni) so you might have to wait for them to get back in stock. I'm glad to see a lot of interest in them.
This anime pushed me to make an account on this, Seriously Nibutani had allot of things going for her character but they made her seem extremely bitchy, and simple to be frank. I was expecting her to act a tad bit kinder towards Yuuta when he was trying to relate, but she basically whipped her ass whit his feelings. Lol, but yeah im interested to see if she will change its just hurtfull, poor little yuuta .
Oris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 22:23   Link #39
Aquifina

Quote:
We saw at her absolute worst, when panicked about her secret coming out. We've seen her at an artificial best, when she pretends to be the ideal student. I think both of these don't represent the "real" her, and I expect we'll see her in a better light soon. And I think she'll eventually regret how harsh she was toward Yuuta in ep. 4. I assume this may be closer to her character in the novels.
Aquifina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 00:53   Link #40
Shadow5YA

After looking at the character page on KyoAni's site, I noticed a few things.

Are Sanae and Kumin anime original characters? I don't see them on the page, while I do see a character that hasn't appeared in the anime: Satone Shichimiya.

Tags
chuunibyou, comedy, kyoani, romance