AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-08, 23:53   Link #1381
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
Kawamori loves my character more than he loves your character.
Yeah yeah, whatever
Old 2008-07-08, 23:59   Link #1382
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Yeah yeah, whatever
Boo. My other version was better.
Swampstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 00:00   Link #1383
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
While this is true, I really don't think Kawamori did significant changes since the story is pretty much consistent with the statement. It certainly explains Ranka's persistent focus (be it love or career) in the show and stuff in expense of Sheryl's screentimes.
Somebody, I need some facepalm, now!

Quote:
Most importantly, it just confirmed that Kawamori preferred Ranka over Sheryl from the very start
Confirmed what? Have you read the article yourself? Have you read the original article? Oh wait, you can't read it. Right. Allow me to enlighten you. According to the article, Kawamori originally intended for a female character to be the main character with the central focus flanked by 2 male characters, and none were mentioned by name. The article simply stated that Sheryl's character design progressed along the way just as Misa Hayase changed from originally being a captain to that of a bridge bunny dominatrix in Macross. I'd suggest you stop mustering pieces from hearsay to befit your twisted arguments. It makes you utterly amateurish.

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 00:12   Link #1384
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
While this is true, I really don't think Kawamori did significant changes since the story is pretty much consistent with the statement. It certainly explains Ranka's persistent focus (be it love or career) in the show and stuff in expense of Sheryl's screentimes. Most importantly, it just confirmed that Kawamori preferred Ranka over Sheryl from the very start contrary to someone's self-made Kawamori history lol
I love you, but...
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 00:13   Link #1385
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Well, it's not worth arguing about. We'll all see how it ends eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
No. That's not enough. You need napalm.
Old 2008-07-09, 00:18   Link #1386
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

I want some pineapple salad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampstorm
Ah, why must it always be about epeen...?
Tis the daily activities in a shipping war.
Old 2008-07-09, 00:29   Link #1387
ani_d

Quote:
Confirmed what? Have you read the article yourself? Have you read the original article? Oh wait, you can't read it.
I would be able to if someone can translate it properly. Word for word for everyone to read and judge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
According to the article, Kawamori originally intended for a female character to be the main character with the central focus flanked by 2 male characters, and none were mentioned by name. The article simply stated that Sheryl's character design progressed along the way just as Misa Hayase changed from originally being a captain to that of a bridge bunny dominatrix in Macross. I'd suggest you stop mustering pieces from hearsay to befit your twisted arguments. It makes you utterly amateurish.

- Tak
So you're saying ickem was lying when he said that Sheryl wasn't supposed to be a love interest and was only the person Ranka admires? Does that mean Ranka wasn't already one of the intended main characters when Kawamori was asked to change it or what?

If there are more then why don't you quote them all down. Everyone will be happier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
Tis the daily activities in a shipping war.
Gosh x___x
Old 2008-07-09, 00:37   Link #1388
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Gosh x___x
I'm sometimes guilty of that but I don't really care whether my pairing won out in the end as long as I see the opposing side gets to suffer along the ride muahaha. You're beginning to show signs of that, but in the end, just remember that it's all in good fun and nothing is set in stone anyway.
Old 2008-07-09, 02:05   Link #1389
Delphin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Insulting? Far from it but I won't bother to explain due to language barrier.

Anyway krepshy posted scans for Macross Chronicle, animage and Newtype.

Looking at the pics in Chronicles who would someone looking through this assume wins the love triangle in Macross lol...
今日は。delphinです。
あまり英語が得意ではないため、いつも翻訳を利用しています。
そのため、本来の意図していることと違う文章になっている場合もあります。

Hello. It is delphin.
The translation is always used because it is not so good at English.
Therefore, it might be sentences different from the intention
originally. (by Excite translate)

前回の投稿で言いたかったのは、Westloさんがネタバレをするな(情報を漏らすな?)、といっていると 解釈したので、それに対して申し訳ありませんでした、
といったつもりでした。

Mr. Westlo are I am sorry for having wanted to say in the last contribution on the other hand it was ..doing Netabare.. (Do not leak information) because it had interpreted to say.
(by Excite translate)

もし私が投稿しても問題ない(気分を害されない)ようなら、私も色々投稿を続けたいと思ってい ます。
出来るだけ色々な情報をみなさんにもshareしたいと思っています。

If it is unquestionable even if I contribute (Feelings are not impaired), I keep also
contributing variously.
I want ..share.. to make it to everybody as various information as possible.

(by Excite translate)
Delphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 02:29   Link #1390
Westlo
Lets be reality

Oh I don't mind spoilers Delphin and I guess that was a translation issue if it seemed like I did, I'm just saying that you should use this thread instead so the moderators here don't give you a warning or infraction. It's happened to me for far less... like saying a certain Claymore character is vain.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=65621

Quote:
While this is true, I really don't think Kawamori did significant changes since the story is pretty much consistent with the statement. It certainly explains Ranka's persistent focus (be it love or career) in the show and stuff in expense of Sheryl's screentimes. Most importantly, it just confirmed that Kawamori preferred Ranka over Sheryl from the very start contrary to someone's self-made Kawamori history lol
Misa Hayase was suppose to be the Captain Global of the series, now who won that triangle? (I think it was Minmei flicking through Macross Chronicles!). Shinn Asuka was suppose to be the main character of Gundam SEED Destiny, who was the main character? If you think the current show is anything like how it was originally conceived than lol... but hey I too would grab at anything when the story has set my ship on course to hit an Iceberg. Sheryl's in Ranka's slipstream and will stay that way to.. well you're read the spoilers.. you seriously aren't worried? All my bias aside the character in Sheryl's position usually wins these triangles but the difference is it's generally the Ranka archetype (usually combined with the power of childhood friend, a formidable duo!) in that position, with the amount of romance you've watched/read you disagree with that?

Personally I'm glad we avoided Macross Vampire Knight and I'm sure Kawamori would be too since by changing his mind he's hit a home run with the character in Sheryl. It shows that he's not arrogant enough to consider himself to be right all the time and than when good ideas are brought up he can listen to them. It's like Pat Riley being talked by his support staff into drafting Dwade Wade instead of Chris Kaman.. 3 years later... Wade wins Finals MVP after he slaughters the Mavs... but but Kaman was his original choice!!

Last edited by Westlo; 2008-07-09 at 04:18.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 09:39   Link #1391
zalem

Thank GOD he didn't make this Macross Vampire Knight...I hate that series.
Old 2008-07-09, 10:46   Link #1392
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
It's like Pat Riley being talked by his support staff into drafting Dwade Wade instead of Chris Kaman.. 3 years later... Wade wins Finals MVP after he slaughters the Mavs... but but Kaman was his original choice!!
Off-topic Hi-Jack here, the Refs are what helped the Heat win the championship. It was beyond pathetic how bad the referring was.
Old 2008-07-09, 13:38   Link #1393
ani_d

Delphin, your english translations are appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo
... but hey I too would grab at anything when the story has set my ship on course to hit an Iceberg.
lol it's not me who should be thinking this.

I totally get where you're coming from with the early changes. It could either mean Kawamori did some super duper major changes or not that much apart from this and that. I'm just saying this by the way things look at the show and magazines and radio stuffs etc. I think Kawamori really did the latter. If you want to think it's the former then so be it.

If they really made this a Macross Vampire Knight kind of thing, I know there'll be more females here.
Old 2008-07-09, 15:25   Link #1394
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
I totally get where you're coming from with the early changes. It could either mean Kawamori did some super duper major changes or not that much apart from this and that. I'm just saying this by the way things look at the show and magazines and radio stuffs etc. I think Kawamori really did the latter. If you want to think it's the former then so be it.
It was indicated in the article that he revamped everything. So if that does not count as a major change, I don't know what should be.

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 16:48   Link #1395
Westlo
Lets be reality

What I don't get ani_d is that you read that comment and was ike "ah that explains everything" when it should be obvious that if Macross Vampire Knight was made instead that the development between Alto and Ranka woud be completely different. And you can't think "Oh Ranka was suppose to win from the start so she'll win!" since Ranka wasn't suppose to win, she was the chooser and it was one of Alto and Brera who was suppose to "win".

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Off-topic Hi-Jack here, the Refs are what helped the Heat win the championship. It was beyond pathetic how bad the referring was.
I was posting on a lot of basketball forums at the time, these Mav fans went from saying this.

"Wade is driving it to the hoop and earning fouls and we're just being a jump shot team" to "Refs bailed out the heat" in a matter of days. The Game 6 foul that I've seen cited a lot barely drew a reaction from the Mavs bench.. Josh Howards retarded time out after the first foul shot otoh...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 17:15   Link #1396
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
I was posting on a lot of basketball forums at the time, these Mav fans went from saying this.

"Wade is driving it to the hoop and earning fouls and we're just being a jump shot team" to "Refs bailed out the heat" in a matter of days. The Game 6 foul that I've seen cited a lot barely drew a reaction from the Mavs bench.. Josh Howards retarded time out after the first foul shot otoh...
No time out will ever be as bad as Chris Webber's. And Dallas isn't going to win a championship until they ditch Dirk. More importantly, going back to your original point Westlo, I dunno if thats fair to Kawamori, since... great head coaches tend to make piss poor player decisions. Even Riles, especially before Shaq and Wade (although I really liked Eddie Jones). Of course, I may be jaded having watched Larry Brown systematically destroy the Sixers over 9 years time...

Least we landed Brand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
I want some pineapple salad.
Going even more off topic... I can't find a pineapple salad recipe even remotely resembling Claudia's!!! Probably for the best; I'd probably feel bad if one of my houseguests keeled over, but I still want one dammit.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 18:58   Link #1397
Wesley84

Quote:

Confirmed what? Have you read the article yourself? Have you read the original article? Oh wait, you can't read it. Right. Allow me to enlighten you. According to the article, Kawamori originally intended for a female character to be the main character with the central focus flanked by 2 male characters, and none were mentioned by name. The article simply stated that Sheryl's character design progressed along the way just as Misa Hayase changed from originally being a captain to that of a bridge bunny dominatrix in Macross. I'd suggest you stop mustering pieces from hearsay to befit your twisted arguments. It makes you utterly amateurish.

- Tak
That probably would have been more interesting. Sheryl officially being a supporting character, rather than a main character-in-name-only would have served her better, while possibly providing some stable, background romance people could indulge in to get away from the angst of The Love Triangle. Alto just fails as a guy getting along with girls, but he'd be fun in a rival role. It'd also aleviate him of his main character duties. Bresra would also be a less mysterious (annoying) character as a result since his role in the story would be more defined instead of being Kira "Jesus" Yamoto minus the angst.

And Ranka retains her role in the story, much to the benefit of all.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 19:01   Link #1398
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

What do you guys mean by Macross Vampire Knight?

(Kaname/Zero ftw. )
Old 2008-07-09, 20:01   Link #1399
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
That probably would have been more interesting. Sheryl officially being a supporting character, rather than a main character-in-name-only would have served her better, while possibly providing some stable, background romance people could indulge in to get away from the angst of The Love Triangle. Alto just fails as a guy getting along with girls, but he'd be fun in a rival role. It'd also aleviate him of his main character duties. Bresra would also be a less mysterious (annoying) character as a result since his role in the story would be more defined instead of being Kira "Jesus" Yamoto minus the angst.

And Ranka retains her role in the story, much to the benefit of all.
If the love triangle is supposed to play some role in expressing the main themes of the story, I don't think that the writers can afford to let it get overpowered by an excessively charismatic beta couple. You can only hospitalize so many people...
Old 2008-07-09, 20:30   Link #1400
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
If the love triangle is supposed to play some role in expressing the main themes of the story, I don't think that the writers can afford to let it get overpowered by an excessively charismatic beta couple. You can only hospitalize so many people...
And that doesn't describe Max and Millia?
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, romance