AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-02, 01:14   Link #421
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The best hospital... you can find... quickly...

Spoiler for ep9:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 02:18   Link #422
cynicalicious
I like pie.

You forgot to mention...

Spoiler for ep9:
cynicalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 04:30   Link #423
andy

Okay so i watch all 8 eps that was sub so far , i like to wait before i watch most shows. Man this show start bad and just got worst as time goes on . Everything feels so rush , yuka goes from normal to crazy in 1 ep . Kakeru becomes even more stupid after he learns to fight . The other chars are not any better .

I should have start watching early then i would stop d\l eps already but since i already watch 8 eps i guess i just look at last 4 to see how much worst it could get or maybe better .
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 04:44   Link #424
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Spoiler:
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 06:47   Link #425
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Man this show start bad and just got worst as time goes on . Everything feels so rush.
It was not the best choice to try animate this VN in just 13 epsiodes.
It also was not the best choice to add random anime original content
It also was not the best choice to make everyone act out of character
It also was not the best choice to reduce 11eyes selling points (the battles) to lol one hit kills

Better play the game
Old 2009-12-02, 11:59   Link #426
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for 11eyes 09 - You Have to Kill The Hermit:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 12:01   Link #427
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Just when i think Yuka can't get anymore annoying, episode nine happens. I don't think i've ever disliked a character this much before.
Old 2009-12-02, 12:36   Link #428
Marina2

Spoiler for Ep.9:

From Anime news network the last 3 ep. names are:

Spoiler for Ep.10-12 names:

(Seem like the series will be very rush from now.)
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 14:03   Link #429
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Ummm... is it bad that I'm more saddened by the loss of Saiko than the loss of Takahisa? O.o;

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 14:21   Link #430
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Actually, it isn't considering how the anime completely shifted it. It would if it was the same as the game though
Originally, any player would be struck badly by Takahisa's death due to his original personality (Prolly the most cheerful character in the gang, second to Yukiko), especially considering how he is joking but also guiding Kakeru and friends for various stuff in the game.
The irony now is that everything was shifted to Saiko (who was actually a comedy sidekick most of the time in the game, and only serious on rare occasions about Takahisa). As Saiko was more or less the meddling middle aged woman with some crude jokes in the original game, she is now "responsible" here in the anime, in a very different fashion. A real reversal of roles I would say.

Will do another fun comparison post, but her death was kinda "more meaningful" in the game, instead of being killed for the giggles.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-12-03 at 07:38. Reason: clarification and typos
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 19:18   Link #431
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Actually, it isn't considering how the anime completely shifted it. It would if it was the same as the game though
Originally, any player would be struck badly by Takahisa's death due to his original personality (Prolly the most cheerful character in the gang, second to Yukiko), especially considering how he is joking but also guiding Kakeru and friends for various stuff in the game.
The irony now is that everything was shifted to Saiko (who was actually a comedy sidekick most of the time in the game, and only serious on rare occasions about Takahisa). As Saiko was more or less the meddling middle aged woman with some crude jokes in the original game, she is now "responsible" here in the anime, in a very different fashion. A real reversal of roles I would say.

Will do another fun comparison post, but her death was kinda "more meaningful" in the game, instead of being killed for the giggles.
Can someone verify? (note: I haven't played the game)
When I watched the game op (Lunatic tears) I thought Saeko died by protecting Takahisa, now I am like wtf at Saeko's death.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-12-03 at 07:38. Reason: corrected quote
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 19:29   Link #432
Midonin
Last Engage

Saiko, not Saeko. They sound similar, but only the former is correct.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 21:49   Link #433
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
It was not the best choice to try animate this VN in just 13 epsiodes.
It also was not the best choice to add random anime original content
It also was not the best choice to make everyone act out of character
It also was not the best choice to reduce 11eyes selling points (the battles) to lol one hit kills

Better play the game
1. Agreed
2. Agreed (with extreme prejudice)
3. Agreed (even more than 2., especially our pyrokinetic emo, who's supposed to be a pyrokinetic sukebe)
4. Not so much if you consider that it serves as a good hint for the true nature of those 4. But still, WHERE ARE THOSE GREAT FIGHTS!!!!

And THAT... is why I'm playing the game.
Old 2009-12-02, 23:05   Link #434
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Well at least I get more Yuka next ep, looking forward to that.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 01:42   Link #435
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep9:
Old 2009-12-03, 02:18   Link #436
BlueDo

I guess I should really really hope for the game to be translated someday, huh?

Like everyone said, this episode really made me dislike Yuka all the way...
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 05:17   Link #437
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Well at least I get more Yuka next ep, looking forward to that.
Meaning i'm not looking forward to it at all.
Old 2009-12-03, 05:46   Link #438
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
I found it really funny how Shori explained the Black Knights are the good guys 5 minutes after Superbia killed Saiko for the lulz.

How will they animate everything that is left in 3 episodes? Given the fact Yuka will eat up at least half of the next episode

And will they show what happened between Yukiko and Flame boy?
Game players know what is missing. Well I guess they will just blame poor Superbia for it
Old 2009-12-03, 07:44   Link #439
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Can someone verify? (note: I haven't played the game)
When I watched the game op (Lunatic tears) I thought Saeko died by protecting Takahisa, now I am like wtf at Saeko's death.
Well, if you don't believe what I post despite I did play the game, you would rather ask to someone like marina or play the game yourself.
That being said, I'm perfectly affirmative regarding the changes done to both Takahisa and Saiko (I changed the wording of my previous post, just in case I might be confusing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Ep9:
The fun fact is: you wouldn't be that surprised in the game. Like mentioned before, the black knights were supposed to be "boss" type of enemies, with a thorough team battle in order to vanquish only one of them (with lots of bad end branches, should you select the wrong choice ).
The only reason you could be surprised by that is the fact that Takahisa is a "main character", so you would rather expect him to be saved by your usual plot armor.
However, regarding the black knight: it is another point that is rather strange: Misao only aimed at the fragments from start to finish. To be more accurate, Saiko was at school when Yukiko and Takahisa were attacked by a "mysterious niitouryu woman' (Kakeru and Misuzu just went back from training and witnessed the scene only afterwards). Takahisa is about to get skewed, but Saiko manages to shield him, at the cost of her life => berserk Taka.
Of course, The whole gang tried to stop him, but even Misuzu water spell couldn't do a thing, Taka just yelling "Don't get in my way!!!", but as he is about to blast everyone, Yukiko cries his name out despite her "assassin mode", knocking some sense to Taka for only few seconds before his rampage is resumed.
Taka runs away, Yukiko gives it the chase, while Kakeru and Misuzu report it to Yuka and Kukuri who are in state of shock.

The other fun fact: Yuka was nowhere obsessed and nut in the game, and she was like everyone else: completely overwhelmed by Taka's death (By the way, for those who wonder, Yuka was actually the one thinking that she could stop Takahisa with her "Hands of Glory", but because of a specific event, she couldn't do that). So seeing her totally ignoring the fate of anyone but Kakeru just makes me wonder if we are even having an "adaptation" here

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-12-03 at 08:59.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 12:44   Link #440
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

If they were just going to ignore the game and make their own storyline, then why did they even bother making an "adaption" of the game in the first place?
I read a few spoilers, and I already feel like the game is a lot better. In the anime things are just so cliche and corny... they went out of their way to change the story completely, they may as well have just made a new anime from scratch.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eroge, seinen