AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 44 26.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 23.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 22.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 38 22.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.81%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.60%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.20%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-10, 23:09   Link #161
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
am I the only one that feels kinda sad that Asuza will be left alone when the original four graduate???
Absolutely any time you start a sentence, "am I the only one..." , it is guaranteed at least a thousand other people already have.

I'm sure you *watched* Asuza go through the thought process and made the decision herself. She's fine with the idea.

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-04-11 at 16:38.
Old 2010-04-10, 23:29   Link #162
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
As a musician, I'm usually willing to forgo and forgive mundane or annoying vocals in light of talented music (See: Sammy Hagar/Van Halen, Brian Johnson/AC/DC, Axl Rose/Guns N' Roses), but this is ridiculous; It was easier to ignore the piss-poor snare drum micing on Metallica's "St. Anger" than it is to put the opening theme's vocals in the back of my head...Not that I care that much, since I usually skip opening/ending themes anyway, but it's very high-profile...

Short of that, I still enjoyed the episode, even with it's randomness...I still don't know why I watch, but at the same time, I can't put it down...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2010-04-11, 02:46   Link #163
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Hate the OP theme at first, then felt a little less indignant towards it my second time around. Absolutely love the visuals, though. Excuse me while I go watch it again.

As for the actual episode itself, it actually made me laugh out loud more often than most of the first season's episodes. Maybe I just miss this series? Still, was very cute and enjoyable.

Waiting for Touhou parody of the ED now.
Old 2010-04-11, 07:09   Link #164
yakumo-chan

hey....

who is the curly hair in the ending theme of the show?????
Old 2010-04-11, 07:10   Link #165
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
As a musician, I'm usually willing to forgo and forgive mundane or annoying vocals in light of talented music (See: Sammy Hagar/Van Halen, Brian Johnson/AC/DC, Axl Rose/Guns N' Roses), but this is ridiculous; It was easier to ignore the piss-poor snare drum micing on Metallica's "St. Anger" than it is to put the opening theme's vocals in the back of my head...Not that I care that much, since I usually skip opening/ending themes anyway, but it's very high-profile...

Short of that, I still enjoyed the episode, even with it's randomness...I still don't know why I watch, but at the same time, I can't put it down...
Treat it as a saccharine highschool version of Meanstreak.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-04-11, 08:04   Link #166
yakumo-chan

I wonder if there will be a boy in this season.... that would be fun hahaha........
Old 2010-04-11, 08:10   Link #167
kitten320

Quote:
hey....

who is the curly hair in the ending theme of the show?????
-shrugs- Probably future Mio.
Though I don't really like that version of her.
Old 2010-04-11, 08:33   Link #168
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
-shrugs- Probably future Mio.
Though I don't really like that version of her.
but Mio just holded her hand..?

maybe a new member?
Old 2010-04-11, 08:43   Link #169
kitten320

You don't have to take the ED litteraly. You could actually take it as if Mio is reaching a hand towards her future or something.

Nah, no new characters have appeared in manga unless animators want to change everything.
Old 2010-04-11, 12:45   Link #170
yakumo-chan

male version of K-on is hot!!!!
try to search it on youtube!!!
Old 2010-04-11, 15:57   Link #171
Manwards
Cunning Linguist

Send a message via MSN to Manwards
I really enjoyed the first episode. It was funny (I really laughed at the Occult Club gag), it was sweet, it was everything it needed to be. Watching K-ON! is like being with good friends - it's a pleasant, easy, stress-free time.

And, having bought my own electric guitar recently (I've actually named it Aki-chan after Yui's voice actress, although it wasn't technically K-ON! that persuaded me to finally make the purchase), seeing Yui practicing at the beginning gave me a real thrill, even if KyoAni did skimp on the hand animations again. "Watashi no Koi wa Hotchkiss" is one of my favourite songs from the series, so I recognised the rhythm immediately. I hope we see more of them interacting with their instruments in this series!

Music-wise, the new OP and ED are both very strong - the OP is joyously over-the-top and more complex than it first appears, and the ED is catchy, although it plays it a little too safe. I love the Beatles-esque video for it. I noticed they had a new song on their setlist for the concert, although we didn't get to see it. That'll be the insert song for this series, no doubt.

Most of my favourite anime are of the complex and emotional kind - Evangelion, Eden of the East, Clannad to name a few - but I'll always have half an hour to spare for HTT!
Old 2010-04-11, 16:42   Link #172
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
but Mio just holded her hand..?

maybe a new member?
Call her parallel universe Mio or "future Mio". Its a music video, they get wacky in those things.

@several posts on the lyrics:
As for the lyrics... they're *supposed* to be messy sugary things with pink hearts and unicorns (Mio's world). Yes, they're terrible - if you remember Ritsu and Sensei nearly hwarfed hairballs when they first read them til Yui started dancing about over them.
Old 2010-04-11, 17:43   Link #173
Manwards
Cunning Linguist

Yeah, I just assumed she was a "potential" Mio, her future or parallel self or whatever. It's hardly breaking new ground, as far as music videos go.
Old 2010-04-11, 19:04   Link #174
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Quote:
I wonder if there will be a boy in this season.... that would be fun hahaha........
Doubt it.

Their school's all girls school right?
Old 2010-04-11, 21:26   Link #175
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Someone get Admiral Ackbar to confirm the situation; I've got a bad feeling it's gonna be a trap
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2010-04-11, 21:26   Link #176
Ultra Violet
Not a color

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
Doubt it.

Their school's all girls school right?
True, the only men we saw through the whole series was Ritsu's younger bro and his friend and the boy Yui bumped in the second episode of the first season.

But I admit that it would be interesting if more boys appear. I could imagine a whole boy band battling out with the girls... but I think the Yuri fans out there will not be satisfied.
Old 2010-04-11, 21:54   Link #177
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Just posting this here.

I noticed that Yui was singing along in the opening riffs. Though I needed to have my ears near the speakers.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-04-12, 00:03   Link #178
Sparvid
*hic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan
Someone get Admiral Ackbar to confirm the situation; I've got a bad feeling it's gonna be a trap
Exactly: http://www.mangafox.com/manga/k_on/vXX/c002/6.html
Old 2010-04-12, 05:16   Link #179
Manwards
Cunning Linguist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Violet View Post
True, the only men we saw through the whole series was Ritsu's younger bro and his friend and the boy Yui bumped in the second episode of the first season.
There was also the backstage guy at the concert house in the OVA (episode #14). He gave the girls their backstage passes. He's the only adult (or at least, teenage) male in the series so far, to my recollection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I noticed that Yui was singing along in the opening riffs. Though I needed to have my ears near the speakers.
I noticed that, too. It sounds like she sings some of it, and hums the rest. I loved that whole scene. It's so rare we actually get to see them actually playing music. If they did a scene like that in every episode, I'd be ecstatic. Even more so if KyoAni animated all the hand movements, but it's probably too time-consuming to do on a weekly basis. Maybe give us a scene worthy of "God knows" for the finale?
Old 2010-04-12, 06:11   Link #180
krko
The Movie is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwards View Post
There was also the backstage guy at the concert house in the OVA (episode #14). He gave the girls their backstage passes. He's the only adult (or at least, teenage) male in the series so far, to my recollection.
There's also the guys at Mugi's music shop
Closed Thread