AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-20, 09:05   Link #41
Taufiq91

Hey Mio-chan.

Would you watch a Horror movie with me?
Old 2011-01-22, 15:59   Link #42
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Houki's tsundere levels are so through the roof she even goes tsundere when there's no external catalyst. She suffers from STS (Spontaneous Tsundere Syndrome). It's kinda like Tourettes but with stock Tsundere phrases like "Baka!" or "I'm not doing this because I like you!".
Old 2011-01-22, 16:04   Link #43
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
Sure she was in shock, so was Ichika. The point was she had a very dere-type reaction at first. She only went into defensive (well offensive) mode when, when he said something that wasn't suited for his current situation. The change was extremely sudden.
I guess our definitions of "dere" are different then. In my mind "dere" would be her saying "It's okay, turn around and let me change." Still, I hope that the anime does go into detail as to the full genesis of her feelings for Ichika later.

I'm also very surprised that Shizuka Itou was not cast to play Houki. For one thing, Itou knows how to play refined Japanese girls, such as Shinra Kuonji from KimiAru or Tamaki Kousaka from To Heart 2. Second, one of her most famous characters is Hinagiku from Hayate no Gotoku, who is also someone who knows a lot of Kendo and is often depicted with a Bokken (a wooden training sword much like Houki carries). Third, Itou has played plenty of tsundere characters like Houki before. Fourth, her character in Sky Girls, Ichijo Eika, looks similar (and even uses a similar mecha-getup) to Houki.

I guess that after Youko Hikasa's success in K-ON!, they wanted her star power in this show.

Last edited by Mazryonh; 2011-01-23 at 00:36.
Old 2011-01-23, 00:33   Link #44
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Houki's tsundere levels are so through the roof she even goes tsundere when there's no external catalyst. She suffers from STS (Spontaneous Tsundere Syndrome). It's kinda like Tourettes but with stock Tsundere phrases like "Baka!" or "I'm not doing this because I like you!".
Hahahahaha. Haak, you certainly gave me a good laugh here (sorry if it wasn't meant to be comical) it surely does seem that way with her "tsun" side going way off the roof.
Old 2011-02-03, 08:54   Link #45
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

As far as my appreciation for Houki goes:

- She made the biggest impression out of all the ladies that joined the harem... So yeah,she's my fave. Compared to the other female cast, I find her much less annoying.

- Tsundere side. I always love em. However, Houki is kinda odd... her dere side only shows when she's alone (with herself) or when Ichika has no idea what she's thinking... While Tsun mode is constantly on. (Except for a few times when Ichika shows consideration)
What I kinda find weird as well is her VERY BRUTAL shifts FORTH AND BACK between Tsuntsun and deredere mode... Perfect example would be... episode 1, when they discover they're in the same room. Houki goes blush > Tsun > Dere > Tsun > Dere > Tsun... yeah...

- Hot Chicks with swords. I like em.
Old 2011-02-04, 12:01   Link #46
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Houki goes Tsun only when our extremely dense hero behaves... dense. If he were to actually man up she'd be dere all the time.
Old 2011-02-04, 13:02   Link #47
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Houki goes Tsun only when our extremely dense hero behaves... dense. If he were to actually man up she'd be dere all the time.
You mean she is willing to submit herself to a more aggressive Ichika?

Also, I wonder if she is willing to submit to a more aggressive Chifuyu...*IS SHOT*.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-02-04, 13:26   Link #48
Terminator98
*Author

People belonging to the Harem (except Laura) don't seem to fit the trope of "even the girls want her" to Chifuyu...

Agressive Ichika and submissive Houki? O.o

mmmm...
Old 2011-02-04, 15:33   Link #49
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

i can say Houki's figure is the ideal Yamato nadesco type

but she has this fast and violent mood swings ( She might learn to control her emotion if Ichika of out sear denseness tell her that preferred calm and level headed Houki)
Old 2011-02-04, 16:51   Link #50
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Probably the second-third time I see Houki actually go Dere is in the 5th episode.. Or am I just delusional and missed some other moments? The first moment was in episode 1 (I think..)
Old 2011-02-05, 09:27   Link #51
Terminator98
*Author

Her dere moments are rare, but adorable.

Ep 1 and 5 are the only ones as well I can remember here.
Old 2011-02-07, 00:00   Link #52
Lou0wnZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post

This gave me a good laugh too, hahaah.

Hmm, let's discuss her:

Generic tsundere character.

BAM!

Done.
Old 2011-02-07, 01:11   Link #53
Kayin
s c a r l e t
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Kayin
Story-wise, Houki is the clear winner for our hero since she was the first introduced, the oldest childhood friend, seems able to accomplish what she sets her mind too, has an important sibling relationship like Ichika does, etc.

Houki will either have the upper hand through most of the story, or actually win him over. The latter obviously won't happen until every possible up and down is explored with the rest of the harem though.
Old 2011-02-10, 09:33   Link #54
n120cky

It would be more win if she was not a so closed person (introvert), that make her hard to get attention from Ichika, and a closed tsundere more likely causing the male protagonist didn't know what she was angry(tsun) about.
Old 2011-02-11, 07:42   Link #55
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

hey in To Aru Majutsu No Index their is girl with striking resemblance with Houki im talking about her http://myanimelist.net/character/13916/Kaori_Kanzaki

Old 2011-02-11, 07:51   Link #56
Seihai
スマイリウム

Even though Kanzaki may be closer in the superficial way, I never thought about that. Rather the first char I compared Houki to was Shino from Seitokai Yakuindomo, maybe because she's got the same VA as well.
Old 2011-02-11, 20:48   Link #57
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
i can say Houki's figure is the ideal Yamato nadesco type

but she has this fast and violent mood swings ( She might learn to control her emotion if Ichika of out sear denseness tell her that preferred calm and level headed Houki)
Yes, she's one of those Yamato Nadeshiko types with a katana hiding somewhere in her kimono .
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2011-02-13, 09:00   Link #58
Kunagisa

I wonder how many Houki fans are left now. Humorous how everyone switch over to Charlotte (not that I blame them) the moment her girl form is revealed. I still prefer Houki's slightly spicier personality. Only complaint is that she need to think a little more, which I partially blame the anime for making her look stupid with the conclusion to the unmanned droid scene.

Why did they have to show her flinching when the droid turned to shoot at her, if she has absolute trust in Ichika she wouldn't worry about that. I thought that scene was pretty huge bonus points for Houki in the novel but ended up being minus in the anime! Stupid adaptation. Furthermore, there's also the disadvantage of all tsundere interests get IQ deduction after main guy established the flag. Still, female for actually able to declare interest despite crazy tsun-barrier is huge + in my book.

Now that I think about it, the anime's making the series slightly even more cliche than the book ...
Old 2011-02-13, 21:13   Link #59
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I wonder how many Houki fans are left now. Humorous how everyone switch over to Charlotte (not that I blame them) the moment her girl form is revealed. I still prefer Houki's slightly spicier personality. Only complaint is that she need to think a little more, which I partially blame the anime for making her look stupid with the conclusion to the unmanned droid scene.

Why did they have to show her flinching when the droid turned to shoot at her, if she has absolute trust in Ichika she wouldn't worry about that. I thought that scene was pretty huge bonus points for Houki in the novel but ended up being minus in the anime! Stupid adaptation. Furthermore, there's also the disadvantage of all tsundere interests get IQ deduction after main guy established the flag. Still, female for actually able to declare interest despite crazy tsun-barrier is huge + in my book.

Now that I think about it, the anime's making the series slightly even more cliche than the book ...
while i admit i like Charlotte i'm a Houki fan all the way. Favorite order:

1. Houki
2. Charlotte
3. Cecilia
4. Rin

still waiting for more on Laura to decide where to place her
Old 2011-02-17, 09:16   Link #60
Terminator98
*Author

Still a Houki shipper here. I do enjoy Charles a lot though.

1. Houki
2. Charlotte
3.Chifuyu (YESH!)
The rest... doesn't exist. :P

Tags
characters