AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-18, 15:51   Link #1
Kamion
うぷぷぷ・・・

Send a message via ICQ to Kamion Send a message via MSN to Kamion
Hana Yori Dango - Live Action (JDrama)

Let's get that Thread back as well ^_^

I just recently started watching this (and caught up...)

I didn't watch the anime or read the manga, but I really love this drama.
Makino (played by Inoue Mao) is just UBER cute

The Raw for Episode 9 is already out, but I didn't watch it yet and I think I'll patiently wait for the subs

___

Hana Yori Dango is about Makino Tsukushi, a rather common "poor" girl who attends Eitoku Academy, a school for the rich and glamourous people out there.
There, 4 guys who are called the F4 (Flower 4) give out "red notes". Whoever receives one of those is to be bullied by the whole school till he/she drops out. But when Makino receives one she doesn't even think about it.

___

Well I like it XD
Old 2005-12-18, 18:26   Link #2
ppiglette

yeah lets get this thread moving. I love HYD too much too let the thread die :P

So anyways I watched episode 8 yesterday night and I loved it alot! The mom is so evil! Shes so freakin like, weird to go so far for such a little thing as her son going out with a 'common girl'

is it just me or is ayano a little too perky ?-_-;

I love it how they show makino to be less confident then all the other episodes, it shows her weakspot and makes her character believeable(sp?). In real likfe no matter how strong a person is inside, sometimes its harder for them to be strong and thats exactly what happened in episode 8. Loved that part of it.

The embrace between Makino and Domyouji was sweet! So solid and firm, shows how much he really loves her (although i'm a Rui fan XD)
Old 2005-12-18, 18:49   Link #3
SlugZilla
woofles

No more HYD Only 9 eps too
The series overall was pretty good, the actors were near perfect.

episode 9:
Spoiler:
Old 2005-12-18, 21:24   Link #4
Lizzie0san

Oh yay, the forum's back online again

Anyway...
Spoiler for episode 9:
Old 2005-12-20, 10:50   Link #5
Kuro

Saw episode 9, raw.

Spoiler:
Old 2005-12-20, 19:15   Link #6
misakichii

i only saw to episode 8. wow i can't wait untill episode 9 gets fansub. hyd is so awsome but too sad cause its too short. c'mon 9 episode, compare it to the taiwanese one its really short.
Old 2005-12-20, 21:07   Link #7
deathbygirl

Which is why I personally think the live action series is set for multiple seasons. Anyways, time will tell if the rumors are true or not. Either way, it was a great series; excellent cast and an enjoyable storyline that was not too farfetched (for an anime/manga/drama series, anyway) made for a great adaptation.

On another note, I've managed to restrain myself from watching the last episode until the translations are done. Hope the staff finishes sometime soon, I'm pretty anxious to see how the ending is like.
Old 2005-12-22, 06:49   Link #8
xtc1212

finally back

well had to re-register i guess the forum reset all of the accounts? i could be the only one having probs oh well. well this series has been very enjoyable. i'm in the process of rewatching the anime and it's sad how many characters are not included in the series. oh well, if they have a second season they prolly could incorporate and introduce a bunch of the characters (though i doubt they are going to have a second). i cant wait for episode 9 either. should be out tomorrow sometime late night unless the staff pushes it to friday afternoon since there is an extra 15 mins. in any case, thanks to the fansubbing groups for doing the series.

p.s. i'm currently taking japanese at college and in my personal opinion nya does a slightly better job at translations and speed since i can understand some phrases. i could be wrong but i compared the last episode (episode 8) with sars and there were certain prevalent differences in translations. i think i'm going to try to download the nya version of the LA since i only watched the nya version from 6 and up.
Old 2005-12-24, 18:05   Link #9
Juan Valdez

I liked the English speaches during the pagent
Spoiler:

I also think this series did a good job capturing the look of the anime at least (never read the manga, so I can't say about that). Behold:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Anyway, loved the series, maybe even more than the anime. Hope there's a second season.
Old 2005-12-24, 23:07   Link #10
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

Great show, thanks to the sars subbers also for their hard work.

I hope there is some extra eps to see (I hear there is a special show on the way soon)

Can't wait until March to get their DVD for my collection, it definately deserves to be purchased.
Old 2005-12-25, 14:50   Link #11
misakichii

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppiglette
yeah lets get this thread moving. I love HYD too much too let the thread die :P

)
yeah. me too. i love this thread just as much or maybe even more.

i just watch the last episode and it was soooooooo wonderful. although domuyoji went to new york the ending was overall wonderful. wow! domuyoji and makino kiss. yep! that made me very happy. that kissing scene was a nice one. i love the series and maybe even a little more than the anime. i really wish that there will be a second season. hyd is the best ever!!!!!! hyd is a "must see" series.
Old 2005-12-30, 10:27   Link #12
hananokoi
astro boy

wat u guys think of the tw ver?
Old 2005-12-30, 19:35   Link #13
nolanvoid

I loved the whump from the mic when he pulled her to him forcefully
Old 2005-12-31, 06:36   Link #14
providence
!!!

I thought tw version was alot better, but its kinda unfair considering this one only had 9 eps. Everything just felt too rushed.
Old 2006-01-03, 10:08   Link #15
Amy-sama
Anime Epicurean

Awwww the ending was so sweet.. (I had to watch it twice). I hope ther is a second season, although were would they go with it. There will probably just be some specials, and that will be good too. I'll just have to wait and find out.

In process: BLEACH, Bus Gamer, Code Geass R,D.Gray-man, Eyeshield 21, Ghost Hound, Itazura na kiss, Kyou Kara Maou R, MaR, Nabari no Ou, Naruto, Persona ~trinity soul~,Special A, Straight Jactket, xxxHolic:Kei.
Old 2006-01-03, 15:13   Link #16
Mephisto2k
anime4life

sounds fun. but since its no anime i guess i wont find any downloadlinks on commen fansubupdate pages like asuki or bakaupdates.
so can someone post some fast download links? irc, bt, directdl, doesnt matter...
Or is it licensed or something maybe?

edit: nvm, found it
Old 2006-01-10, 07:49   Link #17
Willmatic

Send a message via AIM to Willmatic
So what's the difference between Nya and SARS-Fansub? Is one better than the other via quality and translation? Do they cut some parts (like Sponsers in the begining and end). Seems like a great show. How are the fonts for Kareoke and the regualr show? If anyone can supply screen shos of each that would be great. Thanks
Old 2006-01-29, 18:37   Link #18
misakichii

Quote:
Originally Posted by hananokoi
wat u guys think of the tw ver?

i think it's really good actually. but i think i like the jp one more because it much more funnier and it's more anime-like.
Old 2006-01-29, 18:44   Link #19
misakichii

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyMay
Awwww the ending was so sweet.. (I had to watch it twice). I hope ther is a second season, although were would they go with it. There will probably just be some specials, and that will be good too. I'll just have to wait and find out.

i know! the ending is sweet isn't it?! i had to watch it like a billion times to satisfy myself. i hope that there will be a second season but i guess you're right about it too. well we'll just have to wait.
Old 2006-02-28, 14:51   Link #20
Taboo
Riceball!

Send a message via Yahoo to Taboo
I know this thread is older, but I recently watched the HyD live action series (Japanese version) and wanted to comment.

For anyone who liked the anime or manga, (or is a drama/romance fan in general) this show was really well done and enjoyable. Sure it had it's differences, but I was still able to take it for what it was and was very pleased. The file sizes are large, but, imo, worth it.

Was the Taiwanese version ever subtitled? Assuming it isn't licensed or a "Fansub of which we do not speak."

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanvoid
I loved the whump from the mic when he pulled her to him forcefully
Lol! Yea that was funny. I was just like >.> It sorta took a way from the "moment" but it was still good. ^_^
Closed Thread