3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-02-08, 18:13   Link #21
Varisha
zero no dai fan

Very exciting episode ^_^

Laksharta's voice was surprising, but I kind of like the spin it puts on her character. It's not what you expect, but it seems to fit.

That insert song during the battle was... so cheesy lol. It felt like one of those old-school robot anime. I felt they could have replaced it with the Gekigangar theme =P

Spoiler:

Gah, why do they have to have a recap next week? ;_;

Last edited by Varisha; 2007-02-08 at 18:14. Reason: eheh, spoilers.
Varisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 18:17   Link #22
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varisha View Post
That insert song during the battle was... so cheesy lol. It felt like one of those old-school robot anime. I felt they could have replaced it with the Gekigangar theme =P
I really liked the song - it fit perfectly into the scene. True it was pretty cheesy, but thats how i like 'em. Of course - it would have worked so much more if it was a JAM Project song. :3

While we're on the subject, does anyone have any information of the insert song?
Old 2007-02-08, 18:24   Link #23
VetaMega

They always make the recaps at the worst possible moment.
VetaMega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 18:28   Link #24
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I really liked the song - it fit perfectly into the scene. True it was pretty cheesy, but thats how i like 'em. Of course - it would have worked so much more if it was a JAM Project song. :3

While we're on the subject, does anyone have any information of the insert song?
OMFG if it was a JAM project song running during ANY action battle scenes, I'd wet my pants.
Then again, their hot-blooded style probably doesn't match the theme of this anime very well.
It might fit well in the last climax battle for the last episodes though.

It'd fit the likes of Busou Renkin much more.

EDIT: oh, sorry, missed your last line. After I wrote this, I was getting too involved watching GGG MAD with JAM project song GONG, and wetting my pants.

Anyways, the insert song is called "Picaresque". Written, composed, and sang by Mikio Sakai.
He's the guy who wrote songs like the OPs for s.CRY.ed, Fantastic Children, etc.
These days, he doesn't usually sing his own songs for anime and dramas, he sticks to writing songs instead.
He wrote and sang the OP/ED for Planet-ES as well.

Last edited by aohige; 2007-02-08 at 18:49.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 18:34   Link #25
etothex

that laugh is called realizing the irony of the situation. The "I just found out my best friend (who happens to be a Japanese guy fighting for Britannia) is the guy who's been trying to kill me and keep me from my goals" laugh.

You guys weren't kidding about Raksharta's voice. Interesting.

Lulu fails again whenever dealing with Suzaku.

Shiseiken kicking ass was cool, but the epicness of the battle just died when they couldn't do much against lancelot.

Still think ep 11 is better. We all knew his identity would be revealed sometime, so the impact wasn't as good as CC's name. And surviving a 1 on 1 battle versus surviving a 7 on 1 battle is cheesy.
etothex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 18:35   Link #26
VetaMega

we never heard cc's name though....and this episode shows that neither lulu or suza is invincible.
VetaMega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 18:36   Link #27
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Or maybe it was a "I know who I'm going to geass next" laugh...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 18:47   Link #28
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Or maybe it was a "I know who I'm going to geass next" laugh...
That would be rational thinking, he doesn't do that when it comes to Suzaku or Nunally

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 18:52   Link #29
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by etothex View Post
that laugh is called realizing the irony of the situation. The "I just found out my best friend (who happens to be a Japanese guy fighting for Britannia) is the guy who's been trying to kill me and keep me from my goals" laugh.
double irony i call that lulu already thinks that he is a traitor to his own country and now finding out that hes the biggest threat to his plans talk about a mental hit for lulu

yep he got pretty shocked as to what to do at that situation ~ either nothing and watch suzaku die or call it quits and retreat ~

still one thing this ep didnt explain was how toudou got captured ~ obviously he wasnt snipped

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 19:03   Link #30
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

The laugh from Lelouch proves him 2 believe that Suzuka is truly a traitor. Not only he killed his father but also working 4 Brittin 2 destroy Japan and Ootbk

the next time when they meet, Lelouch will treat him as an enemy w/o mercy
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 19:05   Link #31
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Rewatching this episode again, and I noticed something...
When Todou sliced that cockpit, he used the sandanzuki (triple thrust) technique. He even says the name of the technique aloud.

That's a sword technique used by the famed Shinsen-gumi first platoon leader Souji Okita, during the bakumatsu era in Japan.
This technique was a unique move by Okita, and was never copied by any other swordsman since his demise, so the details on how to do the technique is lost.
It's interesting to see Todou somehow knowing how to do this techinique.
Old 2007-02-08, 19:06   Link #32
hitsugaya307

Quote:
Originally Posted by etothex View Post
Still think ep 11 is better. We all knew his identity would be revealed sometime, so the impact wasn't as good as CC's name. And surviving a 1 on 1 battle versus surviving a 7 on 1 battle is cheesy.
Year you're right but the black knights were retreating because a lot of reinforcements came at the end of the battle otherwise I think they will be still fighting at least the ones of the japanese liberation front ( kallen was so surprised, she surely couldn't fight much longer against suzaku knowing the he was Lancelot's pilot.

The next episode is 17.5.... does it mean it will be like the 8.5 ??? what a shame.... I wanted the story to run further
hitsugaya307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 19:11   Link #33
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
When Todou sliced that cockpit, he used the sandanzuki (triple thrust) technique. He even says the name of the technique aloud.

That's a sword technique used by the famed Shinsen-gumi first platoon leader Souji Okita, during the bakumatsu era in Japan.
This technique was a unique move by Okita, and was never copied by any other swordsman since his demise, so the details on how to do the technique is lost.
Hmm, when first watching the episode - i knew i recognised 'sandanzuki ' from somewhere, and here we have someone clearing it up for me.

Its not all that surprising really. Todou has that style of appearance going for him that matches this style of technique - i wouldn't be shocked at all if we see anything else like this down the line. Maybe its asking a bit to much, though a bit of backstory for Todou would be nice. Its not really needed (he's not that much of a main character), but with moves like this appearing, and his past with Suzaku - it wouldn't hurt to see some of the routes for this man.

Oh yeah - EYEBROWS OF DOOM! <3
Old 2007-02-08, 19:42   Link #34
ashlay
the red string of fate

Suzaku and Todou connection finally.

ever since episode 4, I had suspected something, and they've done a pretty good move by having the two actually know each other before the murder. this should be amusing, as little by little Suzaku is going to realise more and more of his friends and mentors side with Lelouch.

Shirley being put on a track to get back in the plot is also most epic. I'm amazed Lelouch searched the room and didn't notice that. but I guess he was looking for a gun, not paper. not to mention things are more interesting this way. maybe we can get evil shirley back. ^_^

well, now that Todou is in the rebellion, maybe they can get a Todou and Diethard friendship going. the two are easily the most badass acting/sounding characters in the show.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 19:45   Link #35
Sirmackerel

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post

Bah, I wanted Toudou to use the Gatotsu. Maybe next battle. >_>
Sirmackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 19:53   Link #36
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
well, now that Todou is in the rebellion, maybe they can get a Todou and Diethard friendship going. the two are easily the most badass acting/sounding characters in the show.
I'll admit that both characters are GAR and awesome for different reasons, though i can't see the two getting along well. They're both two completely different characters in the way they act. Still, Lelouch/Zero could but move on a mission working together, i can imagine the conversation between the two now..
Old 2007-02-08, 19:54   Link #37
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirmackerel View Post
Bah, I wanted Toudou to use the Gatotsu. Maybe next battle. >_>
Gatotsu is actually a FICTIONAL sword technique made by the manga artist Nobuteru Watsuki.
It is based on the thrusting technique called hirazuki.
The real life Hajime Saitou used a similar technique called hidari-katate hirazuki.
(otherwise known as hidari katate ippon-tsuki)
Literally, left-handed one-handed horizontally laid blade thrust.

This move is not a "unique" special techinque like the one Okita uses, and can be commonly practiced. However, it was said to be Saitou's favorite attack method.
Old 2007-02-08, 19:58   Link #38
blablablub.

Spoiler:

EDIT:
Just noticed Shirly is the true Witch not C.C. -
one moment she has no gloves on the next seconde she has two of them

Last edited by blablablub.; 2007-02-08 at 20:28.
blablablub. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 20:04   Link #39
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablablub. View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-08, 20:09   Link #40
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
ok watched the episode in full..

These are my notes:

Spoiler:

Last edited by quina; 2007-02-08 at 20:39.
quina is offline   Reply With Quote