AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-09-05, 11:09   Link #1261
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
Ep 11 is named Morning Dew Girl. So I don't think ep. 10 will end up with that cliffhanger.
The continuation of what I said about the cliffhanger then

After the cliffhanger at episode 10 that I mentioned, episode 11 will have Asuna saving Kirito from Kuradeel and their marriage honeymoon until the half part of episode 11. The rest half will be the first half of Yui's SS
Old 2012-09-05, 11:17   Link #1262
maelstormCaT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirX View Post

After the cliffhanger at episode 10 that I mentioned, episode 11 will have Asuna saving Kirito from Kuradeel and their marriage honeymoon until the half part of episode 11. The rest half will be the first half of Yui's SS
You sure? so the 75th floor boss would be ep 12 or 13 then. so 14 should be the end of vol 1 no?
maelstormCaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 12:38   Link #1263
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirX View Post

I think your sense of pacing is a bit off. The same when you speculated about what ep. 8 and 9 would cover.

So far the stories have been self contained into a single episode or two with a cliffhanger inbetween.

In my opinion this arc started with Ep 8 and would end in Ep 10 with Kuradeel's death and Kirito & Asuna announcing their wish to marry. I don't think they'll be leaving it with a cliffhanger and let that part of the story spill into the Ep. 11. Being titled Morning Dew Girl I'd expect them to introduce Kirito and Asuna's married life for the first half of the episode and introduce Yui in the later half and end it in Ep. 12 since the titles are Morning Dew Girl and Yui's Heart. Although I don't know if they will have time to introduce Nishida and the fishing guild stuff in this two episodes.

Last edited by Kamui04; 2012-09-05 at 12:49.
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 12:57   Link #1264
itoastmysocks
Rabbit Flavored Socks YUM

From when I first heard they were gonna make an anime out of this, I actually expected the whole fishing guild scene to be ova material, dunno why, but even when you read it, it feels like a little, I'd say out of place, but that's not the right phrase, but chronologically it must have happened after the yui arc, so they could use it as another episode to build some more suspense before the final bossfight of the sao overall arc (also I have the feeling that after episode 10 people will be raging till that final fight)
itoastmysocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 13:06   Link #1265
Divini
Senpai!

I really don't think the duel will last the entire episode 10, unless they make the buildup last for half an episode or something.

If the very last scene in the PV is the last attack of the duel... oh yeah, seeing Heathcliff recover and counter from that obviously off-balance position is suspicious as hell.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 13:17   Link #1266
willx
Nyaaan~~

I'll be interested in seeing once and for all whether it was Elucidator or Dark Repulser that breaks in the final duel with Heathcliff!
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 16:10   Link #1267
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
I'll be interested in seeing once and for all whether it was Elucidator or Dark Repulser that breaks in the final duel with Heathcliff!
Seeing how Kirito theorized why the Cardinal named it [Dark Repulser] in Sound of Water, Sound of Hammer, I bet Elucidator broke

On the other hand, even if we see one of them break, we don't know whether it was the author or the staff that decided which sword gets a bad end...
Old 2012-09-05, 16:13   Link #1268
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Seeing how Kirito theorized why the Cardinal named it [Dark Repulser] in Sound of Water, Sound of Hammer, I bet Elucidator broke

On the other hand, even if we see one of them break, we don't know whether it was the author or the staff that decided which sword gets a bad end...
Haha.. Well I was having a discussion, perhaps in another thread, but based on the illustrations on the cover of the LNs and which sword he was holding in which hand in the illustrations, Dark Repulser was the one that broke (bad Liz, bad!) -- so I was eager to see which would be the case in the anime!
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 18:01   Link #1269
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
I think your sense of pacing is a bit off. The same when you speculated about what ep. 8 and 9 would cover.

So far the stories have been self contained into a single episode or two with a cliffhanger inbetween.

In my opinion this arc started with Ep 8 and would end in Ep 10 with Kuradeel's death and Kirito & Asuna announcing their wish to marry. I don't think they'll be leaving it with a cliffhanger and let that part of the story spill into the Ep. 11. Being titled Morning Dew Girl I'd expect them to introduce Kirito and Asuna's married life for the first half of the episode and introduce Yui in the later half and end it in Ep. 12 since the titles are Morning Dew Girl and Yui's Heart. Although I don't know if they will have time to introduce Nishida and the fishing guild stuff in this two episodes.
If I recall I didn't make a mistake so far at speculating episodes 8 and 9(It shows what I already speculated here). Oh well just for precaution I'll relook my own post about episode 8 and 9's speculation to see if my sense of pacing is off
Old 2012-09-06, 02:10   Link #1270
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Haha.. Well I was having a discussion, perhaps in another thread, but based on the illustrations on the cover of the LNs and which sword he was holding in which hand in the illustrations, Dark Repulser was the one that broke (bad Liz, bad!) -- so I was eager to see which would be the case in the anime!
As am I and Leave poor Liz alone.
Old 2012-09-06, 04:49   Link #1271
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I don't have an image source this time, but the episode title for episode 14 is "The End of the World". Pretty straightforward this time.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 05:00   Link #1272
Flere821
Lurker

Dark Repulsor (the white one) was the sword that broke when fighting in the last battle. Black swords seem to never fail Kirito (eg, Anneal Blade, Elucidator, and the latest yet unnamed blade Alicization he got)
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 05:06   Link #1273
richardtengcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Dark Repulsor (the white one) was the sword that broke when fighting in the last battle. Black swords seem to never fail Kirito (eg, Anneal Blade, Elucidator, and the latest yet unnamed blade Alicization he got)
Hmm..Dark Repulsor was supposed to be lime green right?
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 05:19   Link #1274
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardtengcy View Post
Hmm..Dark Repulsor was supposed to be lime green right?
*shrug* Vol2 described it as a white blade with bluish silver hilt. I'm just going with what the LNs say it is
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 05:29   Link #1275
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
I don't have an image source this time, but the episode title for episode 14 is "The End of the World". Pretty straightforward this time.
Ah so ALO will get 10-11 episodes then. Awesome shizz.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 12:17   Link #1276
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Y'know, if they end ALO with the Big Damn Kiss, instead of the Where Are They Now epilogue, that's fine with me.

But on the other hand, that last chapter was necessary because that was when Kirito and Lyfa were able to move on from their issues.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 12:24   Link #1277
Clarste
Human

Take out the epilogue, and the entire story becomes completely pointless. The only mildly interesting parts of the story are the "life post-SAO" bits.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 12:57   Link #1278
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Take out the epilogue, and the entire story becomes completely pointless. The only mildly interesting parts of the story are the "life post-SAO" bits.
While I don't think I'd go quite that far, they certainly are the best parts, and the last chapter basically wraps up all the loose ends, and sets up for future stories. I can't imagine them not adapting it, as that would probably be the worst thing they could do. It would simultaneously deprive them of the proper ending for the arc, the SAO incident, and shoot them in the foot if sales warranted adaption of later arcs.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 13:06   Link #1279
Utsuro no Hako

With eleven episodes, they have more than enough time to do the epilogue in full. I figure episode 24 ends with Sugou jumping Kirito in the parking lot, then the first half of 25 will be the fight and reunion, with the entire second half devoted to the epilogue.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 21:19   Link #1280
Yachiyo
~`Seito Kaichō`~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
With eleven episodes, they have more than enough time to do the epilogue in full. I figure episode 24 ends with Sugou jumping Kirito in the parking lot, then the first half of 25 will be the fight and reunion, with the entire second half devoted to the epilogue.
Yeah, I'm thinking the same way. So the last episode will be their school life in the "Rehab" school.

@Topic By the way, I'm seeing some people talks that Episode 13 will be the last Episode for Aincrad? Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not sure about this one though.