AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-09-11, 23:55   Link #41
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
...But still overall a very colorful and fun exploration of some age old and very real emotional problems. Shame that the show isn't more popular, but I guess people take one look and write it off as shallow and silly...Meh their loss.
Good point. I'm not really going to compare this with Simoun, but the same thing happened there: people saw scantily-clad girls kissing in the OP and didn't wait around for the depth, of which there was plenty. Not enough fanservice for some, and too much for others. The more I've watched this episode, the more I get out of it. I'd have at least thought the people who love interesting animation would be saying something.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-09-12 at 00:09.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 15:37   Link #42
FireChick

EPISODE 2 SUBBED!? WHERE!?

Oh! I have a question...well, two really.

1. Is Suzu schizophrenic?
2. How come she has no use of her arms other than to fly?
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 20:28   Link #43
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
EPISODE 2 SUBBED!? WHERE!?

Oh! I have a question...well, two really.

1. Is Suzu schizophrenic?
2. How come she has no use of her arms other than to fly?
Heh Schizo huh...Well she defiantly is delusional in the sense that she's created her own little world to help her escape the things that even her allergy can't get her away from...Reality. But she seems to lack pretty much any of the other negative effects of schizophrenia...

Their is no mistaking though that each one these girls has had traumatic experiences that manifested not only in their very obvious "Allergy" abilities (external) but also in more subtle psychological ways (internal) like Suzu's delusions and Perrie's need for small confined spaces.

The second question well...The episode answers it so no real need to comment on that just watch instead.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 11:20   Link #44
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Good point. I'm not really going to compare this with Simoun, but the same thing happened there: people saw scantily-clad girls kissing in the OP and didn't wait around for the depth, of which there was plenty. Not enough fanservice for some, and too much for others. The more I've watched this episode, the more I get out of it. I'd have at least thought the people who love interesting animation would be saying something.
That's true. I have never seen a collection of psychologicaly traumatized females this bad in anime before. It's even worse than Kara no Kyoukai.
Old 2008-09-20, 09:13   Link #45
orion

You wouldn't believe the secret pic that was on the website....

Spoiler for pic:

Last edited by orion; 2008-09-20 at 09:26.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 13:50   Link #46
FireChick

What the flip is THAT!? That WON'T be in the 3rd DVD, right?
Old 2008-09-20, 15:37   Link #47
Ashlotte
Clockwork

I...errr...Have nothing to say to that honestly...Just maybe...what the hell...I dunno...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 15:50   Link #48
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
.......uhm...about the special picture......uhm........what....is....that?

Anyone care to translate the text?
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 16:50   Link #49
FireChick

Oh yeah! The 3rd/final episode of this comes out in Japan today! I hope I can see it!
Old 2008-09-30, 05:48   Link #50
FireChick

It seems Hitode Subs are subbing this now.
Old 2008-10-04, 14:44   Link #51
Molenir

Yeah, watching the first episode, my one thought apart from how stupid everything seemed, was that I hadn't seen the same kiss from enough angles yet. I needed at least another dozen angles. I mean they quit after just showing 8, what the hell. You needed at least 20 for the kiss scenes.

Apart from that though, there were quite a few things I enjoyed. The Hauu, for example. I'll go ahead and watch the rest too.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 19:35   Link #52
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
I'm not even going to try to understand half of what happened in the last episode, but it involved a lot of half-naked lolis, bleeding profusely. Oh, and Hirano Aya with quite probably the best designed character of them all.
Shiroi Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 17:41   Link #53
FireChick

I just found out that Femina is from England and that her allergy is Harmony. What does that do? And...I officially HATE Vernier! She scares and annoys the heck outta me!!
Old 2008-10-11, 07:19   Link #54
FireChick

I finally saw the final episode and...OH...MY...GOD...that was the BEST!!! Although the episode had violent stuff in it (and Vernier being a stupid sadistic witch who annoys the heck outta me), the most EPIC parts were Femina (I LOVE her adapter ability! So colorful and pretty~!) and the girls singing the song. Seriously, I NEED TO FIND THAT SONG!! When does the OST come out? I wanna find that song!! I'm glad everything's back to normal. Just a few questions. What's gonna happen to Femina? And why does she have a belt for a bra?

Edit: The OST comes out on October 22nd.

Last edited by FireChick; 2008-10-11 at 07:35.
Old 2008-10-11, 10:27   Link #55
orion

I don't hate Vernier. You'd be sadistic too if you had to take all that abuse.

This anime is impressive for the amount of main characters traumatised to the point of bad psych issues. Perrier is definitely the worse one affected.
Old 2008-10-11, 10:49   Link #56
FireChick

I have to admit, I LOVE Perrier's stora! So pretty...
Old 2008-10-16, 18:26   Link #57
FireChick

Blehhhhh!! Why can't I find the Amuri in Star Ocean character CDs?! I want "Umidorika"!!
Old 2008-10-21, 09:12   Link #58
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

no subs yet for episode 3 ? 0.o;

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 15:08   Link #59
FireChick

YES!!! The OST is out and I now own the extended version of "Umidorika"!! but...they didn't even bother to add in those two endings for episodes 2 and 3!? Waaaah! And...why can't they make a version for Femina (NOT counting the humming version)!?

Edit: I hope anyone doesn't mind, but does anyone have a lot of screenshots of Amuri episode 3 (small-medium ones at that)? I kinda need face-shots of Amuri and Suzu to add them to my list of favorite anime characters.

Last edited by FireChick; 2008-10-22 at 15:48.
Old 2008-11-25, 17:09   Link #60
FireChick

I wonder when episode 3's gonna be subbed? They sure take a long time. Anyway, this show is great! I wish more people liked it!

Tags
loli