AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2013-02-04, 14:16   Link #21
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Only series that interest me:

Arata: because it's from a Yuu Watase manga...and I love her.

Karneval: Because the premise sounds interesting.

and OVAS/movies: Wooser and Higurashi, because I've seen all of them and played the games.
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 15:58   Link #22
Newhope

Will be watching

Shingeki no kyojin
Railgun S
Hyakka ryouran samurai bride
High school DXD OVA

Will give a try

Devil Survivor 2, just played the game on the DS.
Photo kano, manga was decent so I'll give it a try.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 18:01   Link #23
mistress_kisara

Will definitely be watching:

> Karneval - read the manga and I loved it!
> Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love 2000% - because its f@bulou$ maX!!
> To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - More Biribiri!
> Devil Survivor 2: The Animation - I love the shin megami tensei games even though I haven't played this one
> RDG: Red Data Girl - I was sold on the PV and the character designs
> OreImo 2 - Yay 2nd season!

Might try:
> Shingeki no Kyoji - Everyone's saying the manga is good, so I might as well try the anime
> Aku no Hana - Looks interesting
> Arata Kangatari - Yuu Watase? Shounen? Let's see how she does this
> Hataraku Maou-sama - It might be a good comedy

Last edited by mistress_kisara; 2013-02-13 at 19:59.
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 18:04   Link #24
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 (Space Battleship Yamato 2199)

Actually I am curious what others will think of it once it gets a wider TV audience. Or what the older Star Blazers fans that haven't noticed the remake yet will think of this.
Old 2013-02-04, 19:00   Link #25
Kirarakim

Honestly I feel for a spring season it's pretty lacking, especially in the variety category but I guess there is enough I am interested in. And if all these series fail I will still have Chihayafuru & Uchuu Kyoudai, thank god for that.

*Hataraku Maou-Sama: Sounds like it could possibly be cute
*Kakumeiki Valrave: Not as into mecha as some people but I will give an original Sunrise series a try.

* Suisei no Gargantia: I give everything Urobuchi writes a try
* Asian Risshden no Shima Kousaku: I am actually kind of confused by the label documentary. Is it meant to be an animated documentary. It sounds unique for an anime so I will at least give it a shot if its subbed.

* Aku no Hana: Although I've heard mixed opinions about the manga the premise really does intriuge me and I enjoy the director.

* Karneval: I read the manga and there is a lot I enjoy but there is a lot of weaknesses too which make it far from great. That being said I love Kamiya Hiroshi and Miyano Mamoru as two of the leads so I will be watching for them for sure.

Might give Attack on Titan a try too. The premise doesn't do much for me but since everyone is saying the manga is good it might be worth a look.
Old 2013-02-04, 20:27   Link #26
Jetzero Infinity

For me:

Attack on Titan- Read the manga. It's pretty amazing and having Araki directing the anime sounds like a sweet deal. Only issue I forsee is the high probability of an original ending but we'll see how it goes

Suisei no Gargantia- Always interested in Urobachi stuff and Prodo I.G. is a plus

Valverave the Liberator- I like most of Sunrise's mecha shows so I'm interested though I'm worried how much I'll like it since this will likely get picked up by Aniplex USA and I'm not big on their prices.

Devil Survivor 2
- Never played the game but I like Atlus stuff so sure why not?

Arata Kangatari- The anime announcement actually got me to read the manga(though it was on my backlog for a long time before then) and it's pretty good. Curious what the episode count will be like though since it seems like it should be a long runner but I don't expect it to be.

New Hayate Season- More Hayate is always good in my book.

Karneval- Looks interesting

Everything else will be trial and error though overall the season looks pretty good to me.
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 20:48   Link #27
LuxorMG
ItadakiMAKO

So looking at the chart, I have seven series that I'm already curious/going to watch:

1) Red Data Girl - actually, I'm more curious than anything about where this series will go. It could end up pretty sad...
2) Devil Survivor 2 - again, curious, but hesitant since series like this tend to be great or fail terribly.
3) Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) - my most anticipated series, just because I love the manga and I'm curious how the anime will end, given the manga isn't even close to completion. I'm anticipating a Fullmetal Alchemist route here, with the first season ending with an original ending and a second series closely adapting the manga later.
4) Valverave - a new original series from Sunrise, and the animation looks gorgeous!
5) Suisei no Gargantia - it's the Urobutcher new seemingly "slice of life" series. Knowing Urobuchi, I'm half-expecting him to take the SLICE in slice-of-life literally.
6) Joujuu Senjin!! - it looks like a fun, action-oriented series with no depth at all---fun!
7) To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - I'm really curious, and I've heard about the series before. I'll try catching up with the prequel asap.
Old 2013-02-04, 20:54   Link #28
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
* Asian Risshden no Shima Kousaku: I am actually kind of confused by the label documentary. Is it meant to be an animated documentary. It sounds unique for an anime so I will at least give it a shot if its subbed.
It's based on a manga series that has Shima Kousaku in the title. It is quite accurate to Japanese business culture but it is fictional.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kachō_Kōsaku_Shima

It has a once-a-month release schedule though. I'd consider it if Crunchyroll gets it.

shows that I am interested in
Date A Live Some of the designs look like Infinite Stratos but I am a sucker for the premise of the show where the hero has to take a novel approach to saving the world.
RDG Red Data Girl It's PA Works, enough said. The premise sounds like it could have some interesting twists and turns too. But yeah, PA Works is automatically on my list.
Girls und Panzer episode 11(and 12) This was my favorite show of Fall 2012, and I cannot wait to see how Miho(a very good Saki expy) defeats Maho(a Teru expy).
Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 It's a good remake of a classic. I wonder if it will get streamed.
Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai 2 Moar Ruri Gokou(aka Kuroneko)! Yes, I am watching it for Kuroneko and for ClariS doing the OP again.
Suisei no Galgantia Gen Urobuchi and those designs make me very intrigued about this show. I wonder just how the Urobutcher will troll us with this series.
Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko I am interested in the premise of this as it has lots of great romantic comedy potential, and some drama too.
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Ooh, the Sisters arc from Misaka's POV? Cannot wait to see how that part of the manga is brought to light. More Mikoto Misaka, Kuroko Shirai and Saten are always welcome.
Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge I tend to like what Studio Gokumi has done, and the premise is certainly unique enough to pay attention to. Could really surprise me.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 21:28   Link #29
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

For me:
OreImo. -> Ayaseeee <3
Photo Kano -> Really love the game, hope it's an omnibus like Amagami so every heroine will have their time to shine
Valvrave -> Mecha :3
Yahari Ore no Seishun -> Read the available manga, not really feel it yet but the main heroine is Saori Hayami so it's a must <3
Hentai Ouji -> Read the manga and like it so far
Tetsujin 28-go -> Mecha :3

As for the OVA, will definitely watch Unicorn and NakaImo, and probably DxD and H ga Dekinai...
Old 2013-02-04, 23:09   Link #30
HighGuard

5 shows for me this season. Compared to 0 this winter.....

Ginga Kikoutai: Majestic Prince

Kakumeiki Valvrave

Shingeki no Kyojin

Suisei no Gargantia

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S

Will keep an eye on how Red Data Girl is recived before I choose if I want to watch it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I really hope each of these mechas will turn out to be actually good (especially Gargantia and Valvrave)
Same...
HighGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 23:49   Link #31
Yye1
Wide Right

Im interested in Date a Live, Railgun S, Oreimo 2, Hentai Ouji, HS DXD and Seitokai no ichizon OVAs, Hayate, Mirai Nikki Redial, Higurashi outbreak, Code Geass(not sure when its coming out), Hyakka Ryouran.

Also Gundam seed destiny remastered(seed was really well done)

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 05:33   Link #32
NK141
Some Random Guy

There is a few for sure that I will have to check out! So far I have decided.

Date A Live
Hataraku Maou-Sama!
Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Bride -> Loved Samurai Girls(need I say more?)
Seitokai Yakuindomo -> Loved the first season and the OVA so far has kept me interested.

Only one I'm humming and Harring on is Hayate no Gotoku, If its going to be another installment of CTMEoY, Not sure If I want or not. I mean as a series was alright but I would like to see a continuation off from Season 2.
NK141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 06:31   Link #33
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

My expectation lies mostly in the mecha genre like Yamato, Gargantia and Valvrave and hoping that they’re gonna be good. I’ll try other titles with interesting premise as well as new seasons of those series I like. I won’t bother with the sequels of series I despise *coughsamuraibridecough*
Old 2013-02-05, 07:06   Link #34
Bern-san

For now I'll watch these:
- Devil Survivor 2
- Shingeki no Kyojin
- Suisei no Gargantia
- Uta no Prince-sama 2000% ARE U READY?
- Arata Kangatari
- Karneval
- Aku no Hana

Will also watch all of the Anime Mirai
Old 2013-02-05, 07:55   Link #35
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
My expectation lies mostly in the mecha genre like Yamato, Gargantia and Valvrave and hoping that they’re gonna be good.
Yeah roughly same (Including OVA). will try "Popular" show when they air

Thought I prioritise one-cour show since i prefer that why

Also Akito supposed to be OVA like Unicorn instead movie.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 14:26   Link #36
Lota

There are a few I want to try

RDG: Red Data Girl... if I feel like it. It sounds like it could be interesting, but I don't know...
Suisei no Gargantia
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S... time to watch the prequels and then this
Asian Risshiden no Shima Kousaku... this could turn out to be a complete bore or something interesting... not much info though.
Arata Kangatari... once again, never got round to reading the manga, so I'll watch the anime at the very least.
Karneval... been on my reading list forever, but I guess I'll read it before the anime anyway, really curious about it.
Aku no Hana... that's something I'm really looking forward to. The manga was one of the most unique things I'd ever read. Not everyone's cup of tea (far, far from it), but it's really one of a kind. I wonder how the anime is going to portray everything. And if I'll be able to get through it. Reading the manga once was enough... Ehhh, I'll pull through somehow Messed up doesn't even begin to describe it, but I really like it.

Aaaaand I'll probably pick more anime up during the season.
Old 2013-02-06, 15:06   Link #37
pampz21
ShipCore

Yes finnally a good batch of things....I thought Kami nomi will be in spring but I guess it goes out on summer!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 19:56   Link #38
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
My reaction is pretty similar to Kirarakim's. At first glance, it's a bit underwhelming for a Spring season (Spring and Fall being the two big seasons of the anime year).

For me, "New original mecha series from Sunrise" is honestly the most exciting line from either of those series presentations, which probably isn't a good sign.

And when one of those series presentations has its closing line/pitch be "A harem comes out of this." I have to wonder if they're even trying any more.

And even as a fan of Urobuchi, I have doubts about this new show he's doing. That show doesn't read at all like something of his style. It could mean a brilliant divergence from his typical writing style/tone. It could mean a masterful work that effectively brings that style to places you wouldn't dream possible. ...Or it could mean a very bad fit. Time will tell.

But then, Spring seasons can surprise. Red Data Girl has potential, and I don't say that just because it's a P.A. Works show (although that is part of the reason why).

And having an anime all about an adult salaryman that devotes his life to his company could make for a very interesting change of pace. Or it could be totally boring, of course.

On the whole, I'm not too enthused, but I'm open to being surprised.
Old 2013-02-13, 20:41   Link #39
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Shingeki no Kyojin - I am hyped. Hope it is as good as the manga especially with the recent development in the series.

Suisei no Galgantia - I will probably watch this since Psycho Pass, Saya no Uta, and Madoka all have been a blast.

Asian Risshiden no Shima Kousaku - If I can accommodate and if it is entertaining enough. I usually only watches two series a season. Last season was Shin Sekai and Psycho Pass but I do drop series sometimes...

Rest is bland either because either I have read the original source and they were bland - Joujuu Senjin, Date A Live, Hentai Ouji, and Yahari(??) or I am just not too interested right now.

(??) Read the first chapter before dropping it.

Edit: There is a series about data processing. I was hyped for a second until I looked it up and realized it was another one of those "slice of life" comedy clone...
Edit2: Wait, Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 is worth a try too because it just look so familiar!

Last edited by Izayoi; 2013-02-14 at 01:16.
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 02:20   Link #40
Haiprbim
Banned

Thank-you very much for the picture. I have looked the Animes up and collected quite a few that I plan on watching. This thread was extreme help, again, thanks! :D
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote