AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-04, 06:54   Link #701
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

You mean to say this...
Spoiler for ...:
unknown Law member was talking about Ryutoria? Or that this person is Ryutoria? If it's the second case, then that can't be correct since...
Spoiler for ...:
is Ryutoria.

I wish I could take a screencap of Myugi waking up, her eyes beautiful and there's something powerful about her look. But I don't know how to capture a vid ;_;

Different writers don't sit well with me. I-I want the original writers and team back.

Last edited by Zetsuen_no_Myuu; 2013-02-04 at 07:08.
Zetsuen_no_Myuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 07:13   Link #702
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

So I came since I've heard about one unpleasant news...
Quote:
February 1st, 2013
A new translator has been found and is making decent progress. Unfortunately, most of the previous translator's work has had to be scrapped, so the new guy is working from the beginning. The rest of the staff has been changed as well.
Anyone knows any details about this?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 07:28   Link #703
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

That's unpleasant news indeed. A new TL is fine, but scrapping most of all the previous work and starting from the beginning when the project was only a few percent away from 50%? Ugh. And I like NightEye159's translation. Renkosuke's translation was supposedly faithful to NightEye159's own style, which was reassuring.

I hope this new TL (Inskipp) isn't someone JAST hired or found. I don't like liberal and localized translations The fact Moogy was the one to edit the tlwiki page instead of EchoMateria scares me a lot.
Old 2013-02-04, 09:14   Link #704
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I am reading it as ETA 2014...
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 09:34   Link #705
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Aselia View Post
That's unpleasant news indeed. A new TL is fine, but scrapping most of all the previous work and starting from the beginning when the project was only a few percent away from 50%? Ugh. And I like NightEye159's translation. Renkosuke's translation was supposedly faithful to NightEye159's own style, which was reassuring.

I hope this new TL (Inskipp) isn't someone JAST hired or found. I don't like liberal and localized translations The fact Moogy was the one to edit the tlwiki page instead of EchoMateria scares me a lot.
What's wrong with this Moogy of you speak...all I know he's a fellow Masada fan and that's all that matters about him to me.
Old 2013-02-04, 10:36   Link #706
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

@Cosmic Eagle

Going off-topic for a bit then.
Spoiler for Sure?:
Old 2013-02-04, 11:46   Link #707
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Like that I see...

Spoiler:
Old 2013-02-07, 12:57   Link #708
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Different writers don't sit well with me. I-I want the original writers and team back.
Seconded. This alone is a dealbreaker for many people, considering how the shift in tone (how shounen-ish Seinarukana was compared to Eien no Aselia) was already a base breaker to some of its fans.
Old 2013-02-07, 13:20   Link #709
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post
Seconded. This alone is a dealbreaker for many people, considering how the shift in tone (how shounen-ish Seinarukana was compared to Eien no Aselia) was already a base breaker to some of its fans.
I actually prefered Seinarukana though...Besides, Third Destination's storyline and writing aren't that bad either. If this is the writing standard for a future third game, I won't be unhappy.
Old 2013-02-07, 16:48   Link #710
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
I am reading it as ETA 2014...

Sigh..............

For real.........

Damn it.........
Old 2013-02-07, 23:59   Link #711
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I actually prefered Seinarukana though...Besides, Third Destination's storyline and writing aren't that bad either. If this is the writing standard for a future third game, I won't be unhappy.
Requesting excerpt of Narukana and Seii's fight! ~(^з^)-☆ Including Rogas busting in.
Old 2013-02-08, 03:10   Link #712
Phlebas

I shouldn't worry too much. The new translator is good so I expect the project will finish fairly fast now and people will finally get to play the game.

The existing translation's getting checked yes, but scrapping it was an exaggeration, so we're just talking about a small delay until they translate the rest.
Phlebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 03:58   Link #713
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Ho. That's nice news. I don't mean to doubt, but I'm curious. Has the new TL done translations for another VN before?

I take it since you put it as an exaggeration instead of turning it down as being untrue, the existing translation will still undergo new editing/rewrite by the new TL to match his style then? If so, then that's a shame since I like NightEye159's translation and if the existing translation is already good, there shouldn't be a need to edit/rewrite it.
Old 2013-02-08, 04:33   Link #714
Phlebas

Quote:
Ho. That's nice news. I don't mean to doubt, but I'm curious. Has the new TL done translations for another VN before?
They have experience. I don't expect they'll have any difficulty with SNK.

Quote:
I take it since you put it as an exaggeration instead of turning it down as being untrue, the existing translation will still undergo new editing/rewrite by the new TL to match his style then? If so, then that's a shame since I like NightEye159's translation and if the existing translation is already good, there shouldn't be a need to edit/rewrite it.
It's a necessary evil for consistency. It's always a shame when translators change mid-project, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
Phlebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 06:04   Link #715
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
I shouldn't worry too much. The new translator is good so I expect the project will finish fairly fast now and people will finally get to play the game.

The existing translation's getting checked yes, but scrapping it was an exaggeration, so we're just talking about a small delay until they translate the rest.
As long as he could spend some time to translate it then it's still fine... it'll be better if he's focused on it though.

By the way you speak, it seems that this translator is a hard worker and focused on it's job... well, that's a good news then

Quote:
They have experience. I don't expect they'll have any difficulty with SNK.
If I may ask, what VN did he/she translate before?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 06:42   Link #716
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I think the whole issue with the translation of Seinarukana is that from memory, didn't Nighteye only translate Satsuki's route? Considering how much route specific material occurs, I guess they would need time to do the others. But the other issue would be the consistency of translation and its style. Seeing one route and the scenes common to all routes worded in a different style to the rest would be awkward. Nighteye's efforts would make a good template (and I did have it, I found it quite useful and seemed quite accurate) but they would have to be re-worded.
Old 2013-02-08, 09:09   Link #717
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlebas View Post
It's a necessary evil for consistency. It's always a shame when translators change mid-project, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
It's one of the worst kinds of evil. :P

As they say, third time is the charm. Let's hope there isn't going to be a fourth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I think the whole issue with the translation of Seinarukana is that from memory, didn't Nighteye only translate Satsuki's route? Considering how much route specific material occurs, I guess they would need time to do the others. But the other issue would be the consistency of translation and its style. Seeing one route and the scenes common to all routes worded in a different style to the rest would be awkward. Nighteye's efforts would make a good template (and I did have it, I found it quite useful and seemed quite accurate) but they would have to be re-worded.
NightEye159 did start out doing Satsuki's route, but he changed to Narukana's route when given the chance to.

The prologue, chapters 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and briefings were all fully translated. Chapter 2 was at 40% and chapter 10 was at 6%. Most major route specific materials occurs in chapter 5/6 and above, the chapters before that were mostly the same. Either way, route specific materials are included in chapters that have them thus a fully translated chapter would already include them, so that's not an issue.

Consistency of the translation and a TL's style is an issue. No doubt the new TL has his/her own style and choice of words/wordings. The ideal and better way to have gone about this was if the new TL decided to be consistent to NightEye159's translation and style by matching it instead of changing the existing translation to match his own. Renkosuke, the second TL, did this and I believe that's the best solution.

All that aside, I recall reading somewhere that NightEye159 completed the summary/excerpt of Satsuki to Narukana's route that he posted up in at LiveJournal. Someone archived it before he took them all down and went to work for Dakkodango, but I think it's incomplete since the last part of chapter 12 and the epilogue is missing. Does anyone have the complete archive anywhere?
Old 2013-02-08, 10:39   Link #718
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Requesting excerpt of Narukana and Seii's fight! ~(^з^)-☆ Including Rogas busting in.
Basically...Seii tried to block Narukana from accessing Mana, but since Narukana runs on Null, it doesn't work. Her Null also eats away at Seii's Mana based effects. Then Rogas comes in and beats her without breaking sweat.

This shows just how broken Rogas is....
Old 2013-02-08, 11:36   Link #719
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Ouch. No wonder it hurt Narukana...'s ego so badly.
Old 2013-02-08, 11:43   Link #720
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I wonder how strong Myuugi will be now that she's awoken and apparently driven with purpose...considering she's at least on par with Rogas

BTW....Seii's a rather cold-hearted asshole. Not that it should surprise anyone though

Tags
battle action, ero-game, eroge, fantasy, rpg, visual novel