AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-22, 01:56   Link #2821
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Right now most of my gear is actually just well itemized ilvl62. Getting GG stuff would require a budget of > 10mil a piece /
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 05:11   Link #2822
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Kripp killing diablo on hardcore was on my frontpage on BBC, wtf.
On act 3 on my hardcore WD, the nerf has helped me a lot.
Old 2012-06-22, 06:19   Link #2823
Blaat

Am I the only one who finds inferno boring after the patch? Before the patch it was a fast paced game against lethal mobs, now it's a slow paced game against non-lethal mobs.
Old 2012-06-22, 07:07   Link #2824
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
For me it's the opposite: it's somewhat manageable now, and I no longer have the urge to punch my computer screen after dying from a non-elite mob in 2 hits.

Then again, there ARE people who like hard stuff. I'm not one of them.
Old 2012-06-22, 08:17   Link #2825
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Kripp killing diablo on hardcore was on my frontpage on BBC, wtf.
On act 3 on my hardcore WD, the nerf has helped me a lot.
Diablo 3 is pretty much on every major media site these days. Everyone is cashing in the click count while it's still hot. So far, the only other game that can get that much attention from mainstream media is probably The Sims or WoW.

I'm slowing down my progression these days, can only play a mindless clickfest for short stretch of time before my brain craves for something else
Old 2012-06-22, 08:28   Link #2826
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Am I the only one who finds inferno boring after the patch? Before the patch it was a fast paced game against lethal mobs, now it's a slow paced game against non-lethal mobs.
It's now a slow paced game where everything drops crap regardless of how lethal they are and you pay whole fortunes for hitting/getting hit and thus have trouble covering those costs. Pretty obvious they didn't test it, as a blind schizophrenic monkey could spot out the issues in 5 minutes.

Most of the monsters went from too strong to pretty weak, except the occasional stupid elite combo that makes me go "this is retarded" and quit the game. So bascially, 95% of mind numbing crap and 5% of wtf, as opposed to 35% mind numbing crap, 60% rage, and 5% of wtfrage. Not my idea of fun really.

This patch is trash. It effectively turned Inferno into a different kind of bad, but manages to make it even less interesting.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-06-22 at 08:38.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 08:44   Link #2827
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

See, the problem with this patch is that despite making it easier to progress in the Acts, making money is now harder. And as others pointed out, the repair costs makes it look like you are running on a treadmill, not getting anywhere. We can't level past 60, can't earn money properly, and without money we can't get good gear. Making monsters easier almost seem pointless if I am punished in repair costs for even fighting them.

Blizzard said they are aware of the issue and will patch them, but clearly they are taking their time. It is harder and harder to believe they aren't just trying to take as much excess gold from the economy first before patching it.

I wish Blizzard just wants to make a good game. But I feel they just want to run a profitable RMAH and will rip the game apart to get it.
Old 2012-06-22, 09:20   Link #2828
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Farming act 2 for me involves skipping all trash and running straight to an elite pack, pop insanity and earthquake, collect loot and skip to the next elite pack. I don't really call that fun - yet it is the most efficient way for me. 103 took away the excitement of seeing yellow drops.
Old 2012-06-22, 09:25   Link #2829
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Did this patch really lower the quality of yellow drops? I'm still seeing trash among the yellow as pre-patch, but now at least there are occasionally good stuff in-between.
Old 2012-06-22, 09:30   Link #2830
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Depends on which act you farm: if you are used to farming act 2 then the occasional ilvl 63 makes it good. If you have been farming act 3 efficiently then loot has been pretty terrible.
Old 2012-06-22, 10:53   Link #2831
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Well... drops were bad before, so the new rates at least give some assurance you'll get something, maybe not good, but at least you get something.

The gem price nerf is very welcomed by my HC monk.

It's now fun to play DH again. And it's also fun to go though Act1 inferno, whereas before you were forced into racing to later acts, or gob farming... I HATE gob farming.

I actually stacked tons of crit stuff on my DH and only very little atk speed on my other characters so the nerf doesn't really hurt me at all.

Personally I feel inferno was too much a grind gob fest, or got-there-before-OP-skill-nerf (or got friend who got-in-before-nerf) so the new balance to it is very welcome. Inferno with actual level gear is very very hard... you didn't need skill you needed mass gob farm, as the hardcore streams showed very very clearly. Anyone who thinks they were skilled or something while wearing lv63 gear is kidding themselves.

Overall it's a better game IMO.
Old 2012-06-22, 11:17   Link #2832
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
The latest patch only nerfed act 2 to 4, didn't it? As far as I know, Blizzard left act 1 Inferno untouched, but that can't be true. I am currently breezing through it on my monk, as if it was normal, and I'm already close to the butcher. Sure, it wasn't the hardest task to accomplish on my barbarian either, but I remember it being a decent challenge and dying quite a few times. Currently though, the difficulty is laughable, absolutely not worthy of the name 'Inferno'. I mean my monk doesn't even have that good gear with around 15k DPS, 500 AR and 29k health. Sure, it's about twice as much DPS as my barb did back then, but still.

Anyway, I have another question for the more knowledgable monk players. I know that the passive skill 'One With Everything' allows us to get decent gear for a much cheaper price than a barbarian, who has to stack AR. My question though is, if it's even possible that single resistances like arcane, physical or lightning can potentially spawn with much higher values on an item than resistance to all elements. Does anyone know what the theoratical maximum value is at the moment?
Old 2012-06-22, 11:17   Link #2833
Skane
Anime Snark

Exclamation

Just opened my Auction House tab and I think I started crying. Whether out of joy or despair, I don't know but...

Most of the jewellery that I find are crap. When this amulet dropped, I was initially hyped by the high stats, but the lack of IAS and Life on Hit made it not usable for my Monk, and I don't have a Demon Hunter. The high Magic Find was a nice bonus too, but I don't place much importance on Magic Find.

I considered putting it at 50,523g buyout, but just for kicks, I put it as a minimum bid instead and left out the buyout.

Oh wow...

Just wow...
Old 2012-06-22, 11:35   Link #2834
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

eh!?

Skane, dude, you could easily ask for 3 million and more starting bid for that amulet.
I hope it'll at least net you 3-4m by the time it times out.

In fact, I would have thrown that on RMAH to test the waters with $30 starting bid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Anyway, I have another question for the more knowledgable monk players. I know that the passive skill 'One With Everything' allows us to get decent gear for a much cheaper price than a barbarian, who has to stack AR. My question though is, if it's even possible that single resistances like arcane, physical or lightning can potentially spawn with much higher values on an item than resistance to all elements. Does anyone know what the theoratical maximum value is at the moment?
No. In fact, elemental resists are lower max potential than All resist.
All resist max is 80, while other resists are maxed at 60.
Also, you won't be finding "cheaper" gear than Barbarian, since we have to make up the lack of armor by stacking both resist of your choice AND all resist.
If anything, it's a lot more expensive.

An ideal gear (not including rings, amulets, and others that you'd want IAS and LoH on) would be:
high Dex
high VIT
high All resist
high resist of your choice

The two resists will stack using OwA, allowing you a maximum potential of 140 resist per gear (80+60)

Btw, although not a prioity as the above four, strength or +armor is very nice too.
A good candidate for the fifth enchant, if all others are filled.

Last edited by aohige; 2012-06-22 at 11:47.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 11:41   Link #2835
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I sold one with 240 dex 200 vit 32% MF and a socket for $70 2 days ago. Had to repost it once though.
Old 2012-06-22, 11:49   Link #2836
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Thanks for the clarification, aohige. I won't be going over 30k HP, though, since many people said that it's wasted vitality and I'm currently really comfortable with the amount of health I have. I'm not too sure which mantra I should use though, healing with 20% resistances, Evasion with 20% armor or Conviction with Submission ... they're all pretty good.
Old 2012-06-22, 13:33   Link #2837
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

The biggest problem with high health is that there is no easy way to heal.

Increasing your defence by 50% is the same as increasing your health by 50%. But If you increase your defence you will still heal to full strength when taking a health orb. But if you stack vitality you will struggle to reecover health as fast as someone who stack resists and defence.
What's missing in D3 is the Rejuvenation potions, a way to heal by a percentage of your total health. Though I think some characters have skills that heal by percentage, and that would certainly benefit those who stack vitality.
Old 2012-06-22, 14:05   Link #2838
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
It's really funny since when a monk first reaches inferno, the heals suck because it cannot keep up with the health. However, as you stack more and more resists and armor, suddenly healing becomes good again because each hp is worth a lot more. Same applies to everyone and potions.

Also, people bidding on my item with a 10k buyout. I guess people are going broke from repairs.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-06-22 at 14:49.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 15:06   Link #2839
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I need some motivation. If any of you 1000 monks on AS want to farm some act II inf hit me up. I just need someone who can live and also bring conviction aura
Old 2012-06-22, 15:31   Link #2840
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Also, people bidding on my item with a 10k buyout. I guess people are going broke from repairs.
Yeah, I had to go back to my Wizard to farm for gold. My DH is dying too much and she couldn't afford the necessary upgrades.
Edit: Scratch that. I am still not making any money. I will be playing my low level characters until Blizzard fix the stupid repair costs.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2012-06-22 at 16:19.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler