AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 53 63.10%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 17.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 7.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.38%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.19%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-20, 16:05   Link #121
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

My impression of the Tsukasa arc in 16 steps:

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/6...tsukasaarc.jpg

Just posted the link since posting the whole pic is quite big.
Old 2010-12-20, 16:45   Link #122
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
It isn't any good indeed. The Jun'ichi that tramples all over Tsukasa's feelings (even if it was unintentionally because he totally failed to understand her) certainly can't be the best one, rather the very opposite. Citing the fudged end with the very sudden and totally unbelievable make-up and the unfitting 10-years-later scene is just ludicrous
Why fudged end? Junichi told her exactly what she wanted to hear. Why would she NOT feel extreme relief and happiness over it, once she got her pressure cried out.

Remember the scene where she tensely asked whether or not Junichi would hate her current self? She always wanted to be with him, she was even willing to discard her true personality to this end. And she was scared at this moment that it might not be enough. Instead, he told her that after all, he did love her, and her true identity in fact. Exactly what she would want to hear. Nothing fudged at all.
Old 2010-12-20, 19:03   Link #123
karuroso

I'm kinda surprised, almost nobody talking about Umehara, he was a true bro in this arc supporting Junichi before and in the end he did a great job in the last ep, quite rare i have to say for an mc's best friend character like him to not be irritating, normally these types are the worst part in a show like this one, however here i even found myself sometimes rooting for him, it's a shame he not scoring Keiko and Kanae at Kaoru and Rihoko arcs D=
It would be awesome if someday Eterbrain do a sequel where the mc is Umehara =~ they could even make some events looking like a parallel to which route Junichi is, for example (in my idea of the 6 six possible arcs) :

Following Amagami's format where two arcs receive more attention (*) and two specials(#)

*Hibiki -> Haruka
Keiko -> Kaoru
Maya -> Ai, here he has the chance to know her more since she gets drunk a lot at where he works =~
Kanae -> Rihoko
Yukari -> Tsukasa (invents random reason =X)
*Miya -> Sae

#Manaka
#Ruriko

It could work, maybe =X
Old 2010-12-20, 23:04   Link #124
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Why fudged end? Junichi told her exactly what she wanted to hear. Why would she NOT feel extreme relief and happiness over it, once she got her pressure cried out.

Remember the scene where she tensely asked whether or not Junichi would hate her current self? She always wanted to be with him, she was even willing to discard her true personality to this end. And she was scared at this moment that it might not be enough. Instead, he told her that after all, he did love her, and her true identity in fact. Exactly what she would want to hear. Nothing fudged at all.
Himeji's problem is confusing Best=Perfect, which is certainly not the case in such a romance narrative. Best is indeed in overcoming problems rather than having everything be a fait accompli without any difficulty, which is why it also makes sense why Tsukasa is the cover girl for the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso View Post
I'm kinda surprised, almost nobody talking about Umehara, he was a true bro in this arc supporting Junichi before and in the end he did a great job in the last ep, quite rare i have to say for an mc's best friend character like him to not be irritating, normally these types are the worst part in a show like this one, however here i even found myself sometimes rooting for him, it's a shame he not scoring Keiko and Kanae at Kaoru and Rihoko arcs D=
It would be awesome if someday Eterbrain do a sequel where the mc is Umehara =~ they could even make some events looking like a parallel to which route Junichi is, for example (in my idea of the 6 six possible arcs) :

Following Amagami's format where two arcs receive more attention (*) and two specials(#)

*Hibiki -> Haruka
Keiko -> Kaoru
Maya -> Ai, here he has the chance to know her more since she gets drunk a lot at where he works =~
Kanae -> Rihoko
Yukari -> Tsukasa (invents random reason =X)
*Miya -> Sae

#Manaka
#Ruriko

It could work, maybe =X
This would definitely be worth pursuing, if they had the guts to actually try and make it.
Old 2010-12-21, 00:51   Link #125
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
Himeji's problem is confusing Best=Perfect, which is certainly not the case in such a romance narrative. Best is indeed in overcoming problems rather than having everything be a fait accompli without any difficulty, which is why it also makes sense why Tsukasa is the cover girl for the series.
No you didn't get what Himeji and I have been telling you guys all this time. Okay I'll rephrase in its purest form without any hidden context.

No man should force a woman into a humiliating situation.

We are not saying that Best = Perfect its just that Junichi have better options that he could have chosen than making Tsukasa humiliate herself and discard her true personality.

If overcoming problems is the only basis for being his best version then we might consider Junichi in Haruka arc as one of the best because he managed to get close to the most popular and hardest-to-get(age, school status, financial status) girl by adapting to her quirks and whims. Especially when they did that embarrassing roleplay in the cafeteria.
Old 2010-12-21, 14:03   Link #126
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandchaosSR View Post
No you didn't get what Himeji and I have been telling you guys all this time. Okay I'll rephrase in its purest form without any hidden context.

We are not saying that Best = Perfect its just that Junichi have better options that he could have chosen than making Tsukasa humiliate herself and discard her true personality.

If overcoming problems is the only basis for being his best version then we might consider Junichi in Haruka arc as one of the best because he managed to get close to the most popular and hardest-to-get(age, school status, financial status) girl by adapting to her quirks and whims. Especially when they did that embarrassing roleplay in the cafeteria.
Tsukasa in any case should never have lashed out like that, which is something any good leader knows particularly in stressful and critical circumstances. Junichi may have said things awkwardly, but his point was still sound. Putting pride ahead of reason just breeds more disasters, which was Tsukasa's flaw not Junichi's.
Old 2010-12-21, 14:44   Link #127
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:

Exactly. I don't see why that is so hard to understand?

Quote:

If overcoming problems is the only basis for being his best version then we might consider Junichi in Haruka arc as one of the best because he managed to get close to the most popular and hardest-to-get (age, school status, financial status) girl by adapting to her quirks and whims. Especially when they did that embarrassing roleplay in the cafeteria.
Yes, I guess you could see it like that.

Quote:
Junichi may have said things awkwardly, but his point was still sound.
No, it wasn't sound at all, and it only lead to disaster for poor Tsukasa.
Old 2010-12-21, 16:03   Link #128
aldw

Quote:
Exactly. I don't see why that is so hard to understand?

No, it wasn't sound at all, and it only lead to disaster for poor Tsukasa.
Real life relationships are much more complicated than that, and it doesn't take much to see how that occurs. Your POV just would have made Junichi say what Tsukasa wanted to hear instead of what she needed to hear, even if it was disagreeable.
Old 2010-12-21, 17:29   Link #129
Mazryonh

As warm and fuzzy as this arc's end was, I feel that some elements should have been expanded on. You never get to find out just what was written in the "notebook of doom" or what exactly the cause of Tsukasa's animousity towards her sister was. I have heard that the game does reveal the former though; anyone care to spill the beans?

Supposedly the game also tells how Tsukasa's not above blackmailing people. Would have been a nice way of showing just how stark the contrast is between her "Bad" and "Good" sides actually is.
Old 2010-12-21, 18:42   Link #130
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I'm a little bummed out that we had so little Inner Tsukasa. She should have had an extra episode because of that.
Old 2010-12-21, 19:37   Link #131
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Real life relationships are much more complicated than that, and it doesn't take much to see how that occurs. Your POV just would have made Junichi say what Tsukasa wanted to hear instead of what she needed to hear, even if it was disagreeable.
I strongly disagree there. Tsukasa definitely *didn't* need to hear something that turned her into a mental wreck
What she *did* need to hear (and never got from Jun'ichi) was affirmation that her true self is much better liked than her facade, and that she really needs to scale down her overblown ambitions, otherwise she'll overwork herself again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I'm a little bummed out that we had so little Inner Tsukasa. She should have had an extra episode because of that.
Yes, that was a shame indeed. Before we could see more of her true self, Jun'ichi trampled over her feelings and made her kill off her true self, only living as a shadow with her facade anymore
Old 2010-12-22, 00:12   Link #132
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
I have heard that the game does reveal the former though; anyone care to spill the beans?
Ah! The translation is too difficult. I'm beginning to admire those translators.
Since they are not available, please bare with the following content. Probably 5% off.
Spoiler:
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2010-12-22, 00:56   Link #133
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
Ah! The translation is too difficult. I'm beginning to admire those translators.
Since they are not available, please bare with the following content. Probably 5% off.
Spoiler:
I'm guessing she is the turtle trying to be a rabbit, but society doesn't recognize her efforts yet. When does she says this?
Old 2010-12-22, 02:16   Link #134
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void

Quote:
I strongly disagree there. Tsukasa definitely *didn't* need to hear something that turned her into a mental wreck
What she *did* need to hear (and never got from Jun'ichi) was affirmation that her true self is much better liked than her facade, and that she really needs to scale down her overblown ambitions, otherwise she'll overwork herself again.
You got that right.

Quote:

That's the point. Junichi should have been more sensitive. In real life a girl wouldn't easily accept an apology after receving such humiliation. Example. My GF didn't talk to me for a day when I forgot our anniversary. Yeah, it may just be an anniversary for a guy's POV but girls see it in a different way.

I guess this issue is going in circles and I think I have said enough. So I guess its time to change the topic.

Anyway I hope Amagami gets a second season maybe an expansion of the 6 arcs or better yet an arc starring Umehara(seriously this guy needs more screen time).
Old 2010-12-22, 02:34   Link #135
Knightrunner

^^^

Did your girlfriend get really angry after not talking to you for a day? If they would have shown Jun trying to make up for his mistake for a longer period of time maybe the show would have been better.

What he said in his confession was great though. I can't think of anything else he could have said in that situation.
Old 2010-12-23, 00:26   Link #136
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
I'm guessing she is the turtle trying to be a rabbit, but society doesn't recognize her efforts yet. When does she says this?
Somewhere
Spoiler:

p.s. 3D girls are different from 2D girls.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2010-12-23, 00:39   Link #137
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
Thanks for the information, though by "the former" I meant what exactly was written inside Tsukasa's "notebook of doom." It was nice to have the animosity between the Ayatsuji sisters cleared up though, since the matter wasn't adequately addressed in the anime.

Still, I think there was a missed opportunity for drama there, concerning Tsukasa's notebook. Jun'ichi does have a devious side to him, as shown in Sae's arc where he felt her up in an attempt to teach her how to be less fearful and nervous or gave her an interview during the "doctor fish incident." It would have been nice if later he did reveal that he in fact saw some compromising text in the notebook and started reciting it as a way to ask her why she's so hateful.
Old 2010-12-23, 10:49   Link #138
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
That's the point. Junichi should have been more sensitive. In real life a girl wouldn't easily accept an apology after receving such humiliation.
Absolutely, that's why I said it's highly unbelievable.

Quote:
Example. My GF didn't talk to me for a day when I forgot our anniversary. Yeah, it may just be an anniversary for a guy's POV but girls see it in a different way.
True, guys are particularly bad with forgetting important dates (among other things). She was right to use some corrective measure there to make sure it doesn't happen again
Old 2010-12-25, 03:04   Link #139
Bombo
TSF Fans

BEST BEST BEST BEST ARC EVER
ALL HAIL THIS ARC
<3 <3
A great ending with my favorite girl <3.
Old 2010-12-27, 18:22   Link #140
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

After seeing how nice Jun'ichi can actually be (in ep. 25 with Risa), this let his awful handling of the situation here with Tsukasa look even worse by comparison, so I now had my vote changed from "9" to "7" here. Transferring my name from "9" to "7" isn't possible sadly, but you can see that there are three votes for "7" now, with only two names listed.