AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-01-23, 21:46   Link #2381
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
When you say "defense", do you mean a character's passive toughness against attacks that hit?
When I say defense, I'm referring to the character's defense ratings. Those can be found here.

Quote:
And on that note, how would you expect a match between a skilled Shamal player and a fair Yuuno player to go? When Shamal fought the Dark Piece Yuuno, I think she basically wore herself out wearing him down until he disappeared? Does that seem accurate?
I honestly haven't seen any sort of PVP matches and for the record, I'm no expert Shamal player. All I can say is that the Shamal player has to know how to make the best use of her move set to control space and limit Yuuno's options of approaching. Because as we all know, Shamal is not a combat oriented character and has few options of dealing real big damage.

Quote:
Yuuno sure seems to have a lot of effective combos, and more than a few characters have very few. What's up with that? Is it a sign that the designers spent more thought on certain characters than others?
I can't comment on that since nobody really knows what went through the minds of the game designers when they were crafting move sets and putting the characters together.

As for what Meltyred said, I'm not quite sure how effective it would be in a PVP environment. The thing is that Shamal's tornadoes aren't terribly fast, even with the Cyclone Shield directing them. Her teleport only brings her to close range and not necessarily right in front of the enemy's face.

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 22:56   Link #2382
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Personally, I find Shamal to be pretty good over-all, and I shock myself here, but, I find her to be the anti-wolkenritter character.

Meaning that she's best suited to deal with nearly anyone who focuses most of their style in close range.

The wind walls deal with stuff like Zafira kick, Vita's hammer charges, Vivio and Arf's Axel Smashers, etc.

And at close range, well, she DOES have the longest range of everyone in melee, and she's quite a bit faster than either Touma or Yuri, the next two longest melee range fighters.

Personally, I'd rate Shamal above Chrono, the twins, Fate and even Linith, but that last one is mostly because I can't figure out Linith's style completely.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 23:21   Link #2383
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Personally, I find Shamal to be pretty good over-all, and I shock myself here, but, I find her to be the anti-wolkenritter character.

Meaning that she's best suited to deal with nearly anyone who focuses most of their style in close range.

The wind walls deal with stuff like Zafira kick, Vita's hammer charges, Vivio and Arf's Axel Smashers, etc.

And at close range, well, she DOES have the longest range of everyone in melee, and she's quite a bit faster than either Touma or Yuri, the next two longest melee range fighters.

Personally, I'd rate Shamal above Chrono, the twins, Fate and even Linith, but that last one is mostly because I can't figure out Linith's style completely.
So Shamal needs to force combat to remain at a comfortable middle range, not by controlling her opponent as Yuuno does, but by denying them options?

That is, preventing them from attacking her at long range with wind magic, and preventing them from attacking her at close range with extending pendulum jabs.

The emphasis on protection from long-range attacks makes sense, given that she's generally supposed to be removed from direct engagement, where the only attacks she has to worry about are projectiles.

On a seperate note, I'm surprised that Signum has better armor than Vita. As the berserker, I imagine that Vita is more prone to eating hits than properly defending herself.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 00:06   Link #2384
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Maybe in exchange for giving Vita the strongest non-FDB combo, the developers stuck her with average defense?

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 03:04   Link #2385
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Managed to beat Sequence 6 all the way, one more down! Almost 100%! Not that it probably does anything.

Also I was really shocked to hear Silent Bible play when I fought Hayate in Sequence 6 - I thought that track only played for U-D. I was also pretty surprised when I re-did the final fight with upgraded Nanoha, that if Full her Divine Buster changes into Hyperion Smasher, I think? I didn't know anyone's moves changed in Full.
Old 2013-01-24, 07:59   Link #2386
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Managed to beat Sequence 6 all the way, one more down! Almost 100%! Not that it probably does anything.

Also I was really shocked to hear Silent Bible play when I fought Hayate in Sequence 6 - I thought that track only played for U-D. I was also pretty surprised when I re-did the final fight with upgraded Nanoha, that if Full her Divine Buster changes into Hyperion Smasher, I think? I didn't know anyone's moves changed in Full.
When you get to 100%, if you've beaten U-D every time she showed up before the final round, you get Sequence X, where you play as Yuri (Playable U-D), when you complete that, she's unlocked for the other modes.

Also, Nanoha has one other technique in FDB mode, A.C.S. driver. You know, where she suddenly lunges forward at max speed and takes the opponent down?

Anyway, that's a close range grab attack, and it's probably more powerful than Hyperion Smasher, buuuuut... Hyperion Smasher's better to use, considering that it's easier to pull off and IS the strongest non-FDB single move in the game, period.

Old 2013-01-24, 10:40   Link #2387
krisslanza

Quote:
When you get to 100%, if you've beaten U-D every time she showed up before the final round, you get Sequence X, where you play as Yuri (Playable U-D), when you complete that, she's unlocked for the other modes.

Also, Nanoha has one other technique in FDB mode, A.C.S. driver. You know, where she suddenly lunges forward at max speed and takes the opponent down?

Anyway, that's a close range grab attack, and it's probably more powerful than Hyperion Smasher, buuuuut... Hyperion Smasher's better to use, considering that it's easier to pull off and IS the strongest non-FDB single move in the game, period.
Yeah I already beat Sequence X, wasn't that hard actually. I just felt like beating every sequence in the game, even if I'm not sure you get anything for it. I just have some characters to unlock, but Arcade takes too long to beat during lunch so I haven't got around to it.
Old 2013-01-24, 11:03   Link #2388
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Yeah I already beat Sequence X, wasn't that hard actually. I just felt like beating every sequence in the game, even if I'm not sure you get anything for it. I just have some characters to unlock, but Arcade takes too long to beat during lunch so I haven't got around to it.
Stern, Levi, Touma, Vivio and Einhart are the ones you unlock through arcade mode, IIRC.

But, no, if you've already beaten sequence X, then there's likely nothing you get for getting 100%.

However, it doesn't hurt to get 100% anyway, just in case.

Old 2013-01-24, 11:44   Link #2389
krisslanza

Quote:
Stern, Levi, Touma, Vivio and Einhart are the ones you unlock through arcade mode, IIRC.

But, no, if you've already beaten sequence X, then there's likely nothing you get for getting 100%.

However, it doesn't hurt to get 100% anyway, just in case.
I think I have all of those then... I wonder how I get who I'm missing... Time Attack or Survival? I can't recall who I'm missing but I want to say its the Lieze twins and Precia.
Old 2013-01-24, 12:09   Link #2390
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
I think I have all of those then... I wonder how I get who I'm missing... Time Attack or Survival? I can't recall who I'm missing but I want to say its the Lieze twins and Precia.
I think you get the twins and Precia from story mode.

Old 2013-01-25, 12:11   Link #2391
krisslanza

Quote:
I think you get the twins and Precia from story mode.
Yeah I just realized I got the twins somehow, I suspect from fighting Hayate in Sequence 6 as them, so I guess I need to inflict emotional pain and suffering upon Fate some more as Precia to unlock her...
Old 2013-01-25, 13:15   Link #2392
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Yeah I just realized I got the twins somehow, I suspect from fighting Hayate in Sequence 6 as them, so I guess I need to inflict emotional pain and suffering upon Fate some more as Precia to unlock her...
Precia's easy to win with...

Stay at long range, spam Thunder Rage (charged circle) until the shield breaks or you K.O. them, if shield breaks, go FDB.

Old 2013-01-29, 20:58   Link #2393
Justin_Brett

So, this isn't related to GoD, but we don't have a thread for general Nanoha games on here, so:

http://sag.tank.jp/res/20130128/1359359927/645

Super Heroine Chronicle, a PSP featuring Nanoha, along with Stay/Night, Symphogear, and Mai Hime, among several others.

I'm pretty hype.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 21:15   Link #2394
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
So, this isn't related to GoD, but we don't have a thread for general Nanoha games on here, so:

http://sag.tank.jp/res/20130128/1359359927/645

Super Heroine Chronicle, a PSP featuring Nanoha, along with Stay/Night, Symphogear, and Mai Hime, among several others.

I'm pretty hype.
Dammit!

I just put money down for Heroes Phantasia too!

when does this come out?

Old 2013-01-29, 21:21   Link #2395
Justin_Brett

Oh, and this one has Slayers too. That sucks.

It's on the PSP, though, so there are certain other methods available.
Old 2013-01-29, 21:23   Link #2396
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Oh, and this one has Slayers too. That sucks.

It's on the PSP, though, so there are certain other methods available.
I was already leaning on buying it, I have a PSP, I'm interested, so...

What's the date of sale?

Old 2013-01-29, 21:45   Link #2397
Justin_Brett

Summer of 2013, apparently.
Old 2013-01-29, 21:51   Link #2398
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Summer of 2013, apparently.
Sweet...

Now I just need to find out how much when it comes out.

Old 2013-01-30, 00:34   Link #2399
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
So Terada finally got his Super Magical Girls Wars project off the ground I see
Old 2013-01-30, 00:44   Link #2400
Justin_Brett

He pounced after they put freaking Miku into UX.

Should have known better.