AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2009-05-06, 00:07   Link #41
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Now I figured out why I have always thought FF:AC Tifa was so pretty and so familiar. She (well at least IMO) bears a striking resemblance to a younger, long-haired Hirosue Ryoko.

Spoiler for save space:

Anyways, I always thought the original AC was only good for its visuals and fanservice (the action kind mind you). ACC on the whole provided a much better story... in here, you don't have to connect the dots to figure out that even 2 years later, Cloud is moping around not able to protect Zack, but more speficially, Aerith. And as someone who has a soft spot for CloudXAerith (considering I label myself a childhood friend shipper, quite ironic eh?), this only makes me happy.

But as with life, you got to move away from the past and start living in the present. Especially after this version, I have no qualms about Cloud moving onto Tifa, as this version really pounded to your head that Cloud did too much 'beating himself up' over the years. Bravo Square, bravo, for being able to change this stubborn hardcore shipper's mind into accepting the main opposing ship with open arms lol.

On a side note... I still can't believe Aerith and Lightning of FF13 is voiced by the same Japanese seiyuu lol. On one hand, you've got what sounds like your typical damsel in distress, and on the other, you've got Xena warrior princess hehehehe.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 05:26   Link #42
iceyfw

yep... FFAC complete made much more sense. we get to see how denzel met cloud and really how horrible the effects of geostigma can be to the kids. and that extra scene where cloud was getting stabbed left and right with blood pouring out in the air was just gruesome. i held onto my chair when that happened.

oh, that scene where reno and rude plant the bomb on the bridge... i'm pretty sure in this version they just added the fireworks in the sky when cloud jumps off the bridge to attack kadaj, right? i chuckled a little when i saw that.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-07, 09:15   Link #43
patnam

New version for Advent One Winged Children...!!!

Spoiler for true rock...!!!:
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 15:50   Link #44
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Wow I just watched the denzel extra thing...Thats precious time I'll never get back.

Beyond ,like twilight said, focusing on someone I really could care less about the whole thing was just meh...Especially in the shadow of FF:AC. Flat voice work, disjointed pacing, and boring story...Ah well.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 20:59   Link #45
saravis

Wow, I finally got the chance to watch this and I have to say this has got to be one of the best extended versions I have ever seen. The animation was improved, the story had more clarity, and the additional scenes just added so much more. I found Cloud's final attack to be amazing in the original, so just imagine how absolutely spectacular I found it to be with so much more detal added to it. The original was highly enjoyable, but was relegated to the very specific group of those who enjoyed the game. Those who did not were left stupified, unable to comprehend what the heck was going on, only able to enjoy it for the action and animation. Complete, on the other hand, definitely extends to be something beyond that, almost to the point where it can stand on its own apart from the game. It might be that I've seen the original so many times that I've been able to connect the dots, but this version just seems like its now a movie that can be fully enjoyed by anyone. Either way, this is an absolute must watch.
Old 2009-05-16, 10:55   Link #46
deejay220989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Were you drunk when you watched it?

But yeah, didn't notice that. So no idea.
Nope..I wasn't drunk lol..

I actually used my player to slow down at that scene..I hope it isn't any 'bug' or mistakes made in the film..

There are lots of errors/mistakes made in the previous FFAC movie..
deejay220989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 12:31   Link #47
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay220989 View Post
Nope..I wasn't drunk lol..

I actually used my player to slow down at that scene..I hope it isn't any 'bug' or mistakes made in the film..

There are lots of errors/mistakes made in the previous FFAC movie..
Spoiler for AC:
Old 2009-05-16, 13:51   Link #48
Nerroth
NePoi!

To clarify, is this getting a DVD release in North America, if it hasn't had one already?
Old 2009-05-16, 17:13   Link #49
zero-ed

I just want the demo of FFXIII! lol!
zero-ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 00:11   Link #50
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
To clarify, is this getting a DVD release in North America, if it hasn't had one already?
It is and it will be happening in June 2 this year.

If you want the FFXIII demo though, you'll have to import the japanese version.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 09:40   Link #51
Nerroth
NePoi!

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for it.
Old 2009-05-20, 11:57   Link #52
arkxkra
全力全開

This COMPLETE is truely a AWESOME work, can't get enough for everything. This version is more understand compare to those who not known any of the FFVII story. Square Enix really done a good job in this COMPLETE.

Wish to have more Aerith screen, but nvm by now.
Old 2009-05-21, 22:09   Link #53
Vicious108

I'm actually glad there weren't any new series with her. Putting aside my general disliking of her (don't kill me), the way a dead person kept saving the day time after time was enough in the original AC as it is.
Old 2009-05-28, 07:19   Link #54
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
The Complete AC was a nice addition but I'm more disappointed then happy. I don't care about Denzil and making most of the scenes with him was kinda waste. They should have inserted more fighting with Vincent, Barret, Nanaki, Cid, Yuffie but instead they added a few extras for Reno and Rude, Denzil and few scenes that made Cloud less emo (people say that around net). The story is much easier to understand with new extended dialog with better explanations so that is a big plus. Oh and I'm glad they showed Geostigma to be a real pain this time around. Overall it's good but more focus on other characters could have been better.
Old 2009-05-28, 15:55   Link #55
Vicious108

It was obvious from the start those characters were there solely for fanservice cameos, so you shouldn't have expected much. And even though I also don't care for him, Denzel was more important to the movie than Barret, Yuffie, etc. so it only makes sense they'd try to expand his character a little.

I do wish they'd given Red XIII more lines though. Even as far as fanservice cameos go, the poor guy got totally shafted.
Old 2009-06-21, 10:25   Link #56
KimmyChan

I just found this great FFAC AMV on YouTube to the song No Way Back by the Foo Fighters:

Pretty much kicks ass with sheer awesomeness if you ask me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c02EecEKuSI
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 09:09   Link #57
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Whoa! Just got my FFVII complete. Man bloody final battle! And they've added and changed some of the scenes and things here! It's like re-watching something which you know already, but you'll be surprised because of the big changes, effects and scenes and everything! Truly wroth getting, every penny is worth it!
Old 2009-06-24, 06:56   Link #58
KimmyChan

The FF Advent Children movie on DVD here in the UK only has a PG rating

Personally, I believe that this rating should have been a bit higher, purely for the battle scenes
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 22:01   Link #59
Gene098

Final Fantasy Advent Children

In the fight Tifa Vs Loz

Does anyone notice that after the phone call when Tifa is fighting Loz that he pushes her against the wall and shocks her?
But what's weird is that, did he puncture her with his metal thing in the nipple?
Because after the attack it shows that there are caved in holes on the leather jacket at the nipple area?

Was this intended or am I seeing things?
----------------------
Also are Tifa and Cloud married?
I saw a ring on her ring finger which is the finger for marriage right?
Gene098 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, science fiction