AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-03-01, 21:09   Link #741
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
You won't find a hotter 'mom' than Hilda.

And I feel strange for saying this, but... poor MK5 getting beaten up again!
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 22:34   Link #742
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I died laughing with chapter 50 The newcomer in Oga's group is really a great addition. XD
Oh man it is some funny s***, gotta love the "I am studying the way of the delinquent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
You won't find a hotter 'mom' than Hilda.

And I feel strange for saying this, but... poor MK5 getting beaten up again!
gotta agree, hot "mom" alert!
You kinda expect and want more from Hilda but whatever little bits she got these days is pretty great really.
Guess its one of them things where a character you like alot tends to just show up here and there but whenever they do it's bloody brilliant stuff.

Love the cover page, it's epic!
Theres is alot of win in this chapter.
One thing I really liked is Oga doesn't bother with the small stuff like people thinking Hilda is his wife, he just ignores that, it's very refreshing in a way.

I'm really wondering what the females of the 6 knights will be like(theres has to be some girls!) maybe one of them will be the one to get Aoi-chan jealous

"I've got to search for that six knights guy!"
Old 2010-03-01, 23:11   Link #743
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Oga is starting to call her Hilda too, iirc he used to call her "woman" or some other names, so there's progress there. XD

Who can deny such a hot wife?
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 10:06   Link #744
Ashaman

No one my friend, no one.
Ashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 10:32   Link #745
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Oh boy so its just a repeat of what happened at the previous school? Talk about repetitive, At least the demon world arc was interesting and could have been expanded further instead of more x powerful character showing up.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 11:03   Link #746
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I beg to differ, this is much more different, because: the old school was just deliquents brawling, now we're getting clubs...so Oga doesn't necessarily have to fight in order to win, making room for all kinds of contests and potential demonic mix-ups, which is much better than venturing into hell or whatever imo. Also with the new guy and the dude on the last panel, Oga and co. might get some development...not that it's needed but it would make this more interesting.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 11:09   Link #747
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

No it's not really different, it's just gonna be the same stuff with a fresh drab of paint on it. And you can already tell what kind of relationship he and the guy who knew him are gonna have, He was probably bullied in the past and Oga helped him out, Then they went there separate ways etc or something similar.
Old 2010-03-02, 11:15   Link #748
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I can't tell just from a face, maybe it was Oga bullying him, or maybe that guy was bullying Oga instead, and Oga adopted his evil nature, maybe they were both losers who promised to become strongest...at any rate, it will be slightly better than Toujou since now they got a connection of some sorts. I'm more interested in the new school and the knight dudes, because to me they're a box full of comedy instead of
Quote:
more x powerful characters showing up.
Guess we'll wait and see
Old 2010-03-02, 11:36   Link #749
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Funny you say that, Considering the fact that withe exception of Touho the rest of his lackeys were utterly unimaginative and boring characters so you'll forgive me if I'm skeptical that the "six" knights can ALL be interesting and genuinely funny characters.

They'll probably suffer the same fate as all the previous characters Oga has beaten up, There for comic relief and being allies with him and not much else.

I wish I'm wrong because beelzebub as a manga has a lot of potential, But its falling in the trap of unoriginality and repetition, Yes it can be funny at times and certain characters may possess charm, But it needs to evolve from the shounen rut into something more substantially engaging if it intends to run for more than three years.
Old 2010-03-02, 12:19   Link #750
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Oh boy so its just a repeat of what happened at the previous school? Talk about repetitive, At least the demon world arc was interesting and could have been expanded further instead of more x powerful character showing up.
Well thing is this setup is pretty much in every other shounen fighting/action series there is, at the core level at least.
Shounen cliche 101 so to say, hell it's practically in every other action/fighting medium around.
But I find this whole lot more entertaining than anywhere else.
Sure would have liked to see more from the demon world but no doubt it would have been just the same as above but here we get more from others, like Aoi-chan and Hilda
I like to think the demon world arc is a teaser for things to come later
plus I think it's probably better it went back to the school life instead of going with the demon stuff atm, I figure demon stuff will come when Oga has a much better grasp of his powas!
Old 2010-03-02, 13:07   Link #751
gameboy234

The demon world is more interesting and adventurous. I think we get back to it at a later stage. The route now might be get trashed by the 6 knight, then head off to training by aoi grandpa. Somehow delinquent alliance is formed and take on the 6 knight.
gameboy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 13:53   Link #752
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Anyone else think that Oga is gonna train with Aoi's grandfather when Oga needs the traditional Shonen power up?
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 14:55   Link #753
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Most probable, although I'd prefer an inner-world training with BL, much like when BL was sick...but in a more serious world!
Old 2010-03-03, 17:54   Link #754
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
i think one of the Knights would be a female archer club captain.
Old 2010-03-04, 19:19   Link #755
itachi29al

Spoiler for raws:
Old 2010-03-06, 23:14   Link #756
hehey

i loled when that girl was like "watch out or youl be impregnated", thats some reputation Oga has... at least hes known to stick around for the baby you know?
Old 2010-03-07, 00:15   Link #757
Cinocard

Yeah, with a baby on his back, Oga doesn't give off the "men can't be trusted" vibe so much as "this guy will never trust women again"
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 01:09   Link #758
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Good chapter. We need more romance in our shounen mangas, esp after seeing the latest Psyren chap. I think that Aoi and Oga make a better+cuter couple. First off, I think Aoi is cuter than Hilda, and has dressed up in a variety of ways(which counts more for liking her physically). Then it's just that vibe, like they connect better. This COULD be because the later chapters have her interacting more so than Hilda, but even so, comparing the beginning chaps where Hilda was more prominent, I still say that Aoi is better.

side note: Next week's chap should be interesting, since it looks like it'll be a battle(and Oga and Aoi's gonna fight together).
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 01:16   Link #759
Xacual

Honestly I'd like to see Oga and Aoi completely flatten these first two just so it will make a bigger stir around the rest of 6. It was the same thing with the first school arc with Aoi and Touhou being the strong ones while the other two were not. Not that I want a repeat of it but it just doesn't feel right for me to see a combined team of Oga + Aoi losing to the first knights to appear.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 01:30   Link #760
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

lol @ Aoi getting happy about spending time with Oga.

Anyway, Oga is not going to lose, it's impossible. The first to appear are always small fry.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gag, shounen, slice of life, violence