AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-10-19, 21:20   Link #3081
xBTAx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
My Angel Beats Petit set 1 arrived today, they're so cool.

Although the box got damaged at some point during transit, I've never had that happen before with Hobby Search or by using EMS, but inside was padded with loads of paper as per usual, but the squashing on the box was evident on the actual petit box which I was dissapointed about. I've got some photos of the box damage and the petits (I had so much trouble putting the bases together and putting them on the base ).

Spoiler for quite big images, so I'll spoiler them:

I think I've got Shiina posed wrong, but when I finally got her on the base I was so happy I just went with it. My large hands/fingers made them so hard to fit together. :P

EDIT: Yeah, changed Shiina's pose to just the standing one. I still can't even get the other base arm to fit in the thing.
I hate the stands for Nendoroid Petites, yet I keep buying them...

Seriously though, I still haven't put half of the LSxSF set up because I can't put the stands in. What's really strange is that the two Petites I have from the second Death Note set fit in their stands really easily; every other one I have... not so much.
xBTAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 23:38   Link #3082
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

And that is one of many reasons I NEVER take my figures out of the box.
Old 2010-10-20, 17:01   Link #3083
Nerroth
NePoi!

Got this guy today; the one on the left, that is.

While the original version of the mould (Drift, the one on the right) came with three swords, Blurr has two pistols and a sniper rifle instead.

Spoiler for more pics:

As an aside, Drift will be released in Japan by TakaraTomy soon; there's a look at their take on his paint app here.

Last edited by Nerroth; 2010-10-21 at 15:21.
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 20:15   Link #3084
Qikz

Those are kind of cool! I didn't even know they were still doing Transformers stuff if I'm honest. o_o
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 20:16   Link #3085
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

I am sadness that this just got delayed to the end of next month. It will be cool to have it shipped to me at the same time with the 1/8 Dead Master, but November is like the most painful month when it comes to figures already...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBTAx View Post
I hate the stands for Nendoroid Petites, yet I keep buying them...

Seriously though, I still haven't put half of the LSxSF set up because I can't put the stands in. What's really strange is that the two Petites I have from the second Death Note set fit in their stands really easily; every other one I have... not so much.
Amen, brother. I don't think I've ever had a Nendoroid Petite where I haven't gotten frustrated as hell trying to fit them into their stand. Maybe it is better to just keep them in their boxes from now on.

And awesome pictures Qikz! I'm paying my set off today, so hopefully it will get here before next week at least. You're getting the second set too, I am assuming?

Last edited by Tamad; 2010-10-20 at 20:27.
Tamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 21:32   Link #3086
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Nene Nendoroid got released late yesterday, paid for mine and hopefully will get it within a week.
Old 2010-10-21, 00:38   Link #3087
Nerroth
NePoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
Those are kind of cool! I didn't even know they were still doing Transformers stuff if I'm honest. o_o
Oh, both Hasbro and TakaraTomy are rolling out (pun intended) new figures.

One I'd be particularly interested in, if I could ever afford it, would be the upcoming Masterpiece Rodimus. The figure will not only be able to turn into a car and robot version of Hot Rod, but also the space-winnebago and bigger-robot forms of Rodimus Prime! (I heard that Hasbro, if they bring him to the West, might skip the trailer part, though...)
Old 2010-10-21, 08:12   Link #3088
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
I am sadness that this just got delayed to the end of next month. It will be cool to have it shipped to me at the same time with the 1/8 Dead Master, but November is like the most painful month when it comes to figures already...

Amen, brother. I don't think I've ever had a Nendoroid Petite where I haven't gotten frustrated as hell trying to fit them into their stand. Maybe it is better to just keep them in their boxes from now on.

And awesome pictures Qikz! I'm paying my set off today, so hopefully it will get here before next week at least. You're getting the second set too, I am assuming?
Yup, had the second set on preorder too.

I'm really, really not looking forward to putting the bases together. I still can't actually fit Shiina's second base arm together, as in the one that conects to her back and not her hair.

It just will not go in.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 16:21   Link #3089
Animexcel

My figma collection... I need a new shelf to put them on -_-

Animexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 17:03   Link #3090
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
rant- All i have to say as long as there is no UPS involved it should be good. They left a package on my friend's doorstep in shambles. Products broken and so forth with 300 dollars worth of stuff inside. In my area some little shit disturbers would steal it.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 05:33   Link #3091
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animexcel View Post
My figma collection... I need a new shelf to put them on -_-

Holy-

How do you stop yourself from just wanting to open the boxes!?

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 05:49   Link #3092
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

I ordered an original version Dead Master today, to go with my black blade BRS. Also the re-release of Flandre, and the new China from Griffon.

Currently debating whether to get the Kannagi trio on ebay. I really do quite like them, but ebay runs the risk of bootlegs, plus they are a bit overpriced (Range particularly).
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 06:40   Link #3093
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
How do you stop yourself from just wanting to open the boxes!?
Not owning a glass cabinet = dust issue and the like. Then the issue of keeping them balanced, where they get positioned, avoiding grime/sweat, something falling on them.
Old 2010-10-22, 07:11   Link #3094
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Not owning a glass cabinet = dust issue and the like. Then the issue of keeping them balanced, where they get positioned, avoiding grime/sweat, something falling on them.
I know, I know...

I've kept my more valuable figures in their boxes until I get a proper cabinet but other figures with my other figures I just have to get them out of their boxes!

Old 2010-10-22, 07:19   Link #3095
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
What's the point of owning something if you can't enjoy it? I mean how can a thing be yours if it doesn't age with you?
Old 2010-10-22, 07:35   Link #3096
Revan21

Quote:
IMHO, figmas are not that valuable that they should be kept in a glass cabinet
Old 2010-10-22, 08:24   Link #3097
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

@fall: Definitely no room in my bedroom for one. Plus it's an unnecessary expense.

@npal: That all depends on what one values. For me, seeing them is enough and I enjoy that. I don't need to touch them. If you do, then so be it. Personally, I think getting them soiled/degraded is disrespectful to the spirit of the character. I'd rather keep it in mint condition, but that's me.

@revan: Each to their own. I only own one Figma myself, but that's beside the point. I'm sure that person's habit of getting that many Figmas is a mix of passion and being budget conscious. What on earth is wrong with that?
Old 2010-10-22, 08:49   Link #3098
Revan21

Quote:
Each to their own. I only own one Figma myself, but that's beside the point. I'm sure that person's habit of getting that many Figmas is a mix of passion and being budget conscious. What on earth is wrong with that?
Not a thing,
but I believe that unlike static PVC figures, figmas are meant to be "played" with. At least I certainly wouldn't just keep them in their boxes, nor in a cabinet. That way they loose their original purpose
Old 2010-10-22, 23:34   Link #3099
Animexcel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
I know, I know...

I've kept my more valuable figures in their boxes until I get a proper cabinet but other figures with my other figures I just have to get them out of their boxes!
Yeah, I just don't have the space to display them, plus I would have the boxes to store away which I don't have room for either. I've opened most of the figures. Made them do silly stuff like this lol I've been collecting some of the Ghostbuster movie figures too.

Animexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 05:37   Link #3100
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Nice image. I take the people in the background are the voice actors for the anime characters?