AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-17, 10:03   Link #1061
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Look at the color codes. Nono and Nene share the same hair color as Fumito and the teacher.

As for Fumito. I think he probably got bit by Tadayoshi, fought him, or fed him his own blood. Tadayoshi is off somewhere doing his vampire hulk out somewhere. Fumito wanted him out of the house for a while.

It's the Bairne that want Saya to go back to her old ways. The teacher and twins are probably Bairne. Nono and Nene faked their own deaths to screw with Saya's mind, push her closer to the edge.

Tadayoshi needs to hulk out already. It seems some Bairne are scared of him. He's likely a gentler, more modern Dracula.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 15:11   Link #1062
Kasirgan
Combat Detective IN SPACE

Quote:
The teacher and twins are probably Bairne. Nono and Nene faked their own deaths to screw with Saya's mind, push her closer to the edge.
I'm not too sure about them being Furukimono, but the faked deaths, yes, probably. And maybe more likely: everything is a dream of some sort. Are those "flashbacks" really flashbacks or glimpses of the real world? And what's the role of the teacher in this? Is she part of Saya's subconsciousness (a sort of personification) that has noticed the farce and now is attempting to make her realise it?
Damn you, CLAMP! So many questions and that spine girl is the first monster that I was really scared of... [shudders]
Kasirgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 18:27   Link #1063
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The more I watch, the more I think that class rep's really suspicious. He attracted the attention of the elder bairn, Saya was right there to protect him... so how come he didn't die? Tokizane did.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 05:18   Link #1064
Forsaken_Infinity

OH MAN.

I am late to the party but oh boy.

< - MFW Saya and the Elder Bairn talked about loads of bs early on. And that flashback adj;lkfadsf; too.

<- MFW I realized the Bairn was made up of hair but still looked pretty

< - MFW I saw Tokizane run up the stairs.

< - MFW I realized he was gonna die.

< - MFW I saw that he got eaten down to the last bone in less than a second and without the eater gaining anything whatsoever.

< - MFW I loved the way Saya killed the Bairn.

< - MFW after the battle and ??? flashback.

< - MFW coffee and guimauve.

< - When Guimauve kun turned up with a wound after "feeding" Tadayoshi and Tadayoshi misses. But mostly because Saya sings the nice weather song again. Wat the shit girl. That was just plain creepy.

< - MFW the teacher started talking about books - I so totally saw what it was gonna lead to. Having had my hypometer pumped full by Tokizane's "death", I was disappointed alright.

< - MFW I saw the Twins come back and do their over the top routine in an over the top manner.

I am calling it now btw. Fumito isn't a bad guy or a good guy. He just likes Saya so much that he went along with the shit to ensure she didn't get hurt too bad etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
He might not be the only one.
Spoiler for ep 10:

Episode wasn't bad. Would have been much better if we had this kind of development 4 or 5 episodes ago however.
I get this irritating feeling this anime could have been great but potential got totally wasted. Whoever wrote such scenario and/or directed this serie seriously should reflect on that semi(?)disaster.
Pretty sure Guimauve Kun and Tadayoshi weren't attacked by an outsider Elder Bairn but that Tadayoshi himself was being fed blood by Guimauve. Guessing that he went out of control a bit and is why he chose to hide afterward.

And I think the anime is going great at this point. It's building up very nicely into an anime that could stand as a standalone and yet serve as the back story for an epic movie. Just as planned by Production IG.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 06:25   Link #1065
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Pretty sure Guimauve Kun and Tadayoshi weren't attacked by an outsider Elder Bairn but that Tadayoshi himself was being fed blood by Guimauve. Guessing that he went out of control a bit and is why he chose to hide afterward.
That's what I meant. Sorry if it wasn't clear ^^'

Quote:
And I think the anime is going great at this point. It's building up very nicely into an anime that could stand as a standalone and yet serve as the back story for an epic movie. Just as planned by Production IG.
I agree that with this build up, movie can be totally awesome. But looking at the serie as a stand alone, it's pretty damn flat. Saya only fought a few monsters who didn't help her that much progress toward the truth.
I think a subplot, even just there to distract us from the real "problem" Saya was dealing with, would have helped make the anime more enjoyable. Or at least a bit more challenging for the fans, who for the most part had figured out Saya was being manipulated since ep 4 or 5.
Blood C had its own strong points, but could have been made more... entertaining?
Old 2011-09-18, 12:07   Link #1066
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ah, now I have a valid reason to hate the twins. I hope they'll die in an even more gruesome way than the first time, and by Saya's hand preferably.
Old 2011-09-18, 15:41   Link #1067
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Blood-C director Tsutomu Mizushima replied to some question on his blog today.

I don't have the pretension to be able to give an accurate translation, but from what I get - Q: the unchanging weird/unpleasant atmosphere of the anime and too superficial production made the anime boring after a time for me. What do you think of it?
- A: I'm sorry if the the show bored you. To which he had that even if he wasn't in charge of the production control, he thought that was how stuff should be done. He is also ready to hear any critics.

He deplores Blood C is view as too violent and cruel, wasn't his intention it seems. He Also explains why there are such grandiose blood geyser in Blood C : being hurt and loosing small amount of blood looks as painful as loosing a lot so he went for lots of blood, which also emphasis the fantastic aspect of the show according to him.

Comments left of his page as well on other boards seem to point at a big disappointment amount people who were expecting a lot from this anime, most complains being directed at Mizushima himslef for his poor directing job.

Last edited by Nina.Wolken; 2011-09-18 at 16:25.
Nina.Wolken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 16:01   Link #1068
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think CLAMP handed Mizushima-san a pig and there wasn't enough lipstick in the world to make it look pretty.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 16:42   Link #1069
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
In fairness, I think the harshest critics of Blood-C have a point in at least two ways:

1) This series asks for a lot of patience from its viewers.

2) Given the way its been handled, everything is riding on the ending now. If a mystery build-up of this proportion leads into a really messy and/or lame-o ending, it'll kill Blood-C more than it kills its own characters.

I mean, imagine if Blood-C has a No.6/C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control caliber ending...
Old 2011-09-18, 16:45   Link #1070
Forsaken_Infinity

It sets it up very very nicely for an epic movie in the veins of TLV though (as in an action movie that stands out on its own without much being said about why shit's flying around etc.) and I will be all the bloody damn pleased if they pull it off nicely.

The anime itself wasn't too disappointing - it did start off slow but I don't think it was anywhere near as bad as people claim.

And I don't get what people want. If Saya were to save every human like she says she would - she would be "just another clumsy magical girl who doesn't have a clue" but given that she kind of has a rational, PROGRAMMED, reactions to things (heck, her reaction to Tokizane's confessions or hugging her etc. were absolutely brutal and logical), the same people complain that she doesn't save people like she claims.

Also of note is the fact that the monsters aren't your everyday monsters and Saya hasn't been portrayed as omniscient or omnipotent at all. Pretty sure its a direction thing and those monsters are eating people before she can respond - like how that hair one did Tokizane in.

At least she tries and fights risky battles for unappreciative humans who seem petrified of her more than grateful that she's trying.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 16:49   Link #1071
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
It sets it up very very nicely for an epic movie in the veins of TLV though (as in an action movie that stands out on its own without much being said about why shit's flying around etc.) and I will be all the bloody damn pleased if they pull it off nicely.
I agree. The way Blood-C is handled, the stakes are raised for the ending (as well as for the movie).

If Blood-C has a great ending, the long build-up for it will make the ending seem even that much better.

I am a bit excited to see Blood-C's ending because there's almost no room for middle ground now. It's going to be epic either way.
Old 2011-09-19, 19:29   Link #1072
Jerseykid

The end of episode 10 at least made me not flip out over how they could kill that guy that liked Says so easily without even explaining to point of his character.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 12:31   Link #1073
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

i doubt blood C will have an ending itll probaly be a huge cliffhanger so you have to watch the movie..
Old 2011-09-20, 17:55   Link #1074
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

so, just watched ep 9. i think elfen lied ep 1 has competition.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 16:36   Link #1075
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Ah, now I have a valid reason to hate the twins. I hope they'll die in an even more gruesome way than the first time, and by Saya's hand preferably.
This x 100. Goddamned twins. XD
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 01:37   Link #1076
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

So I had abandoned this after two episodes, but without anything else to watch, caught up overnight.

Unless something comes completely out of left field in the few episodes left that somehow magically ties to the early episodes, I think any viewer could safely skip episodes 1-5. Episodes 6 on though have definitely caught my interest as things finally started building up to something. Very interested to see where it all ends.

And, is our resident hottie teacher groping Saya in the preview?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Well now. The end of episode 10 has forced me to reevaluate the teacher. Previously, I had her grouped with Cafe-guy and Father in the working to deceive Saya camp. But now... I don't think she's with the Elder Bairns. I think she represents a third party, probably related to the plane that flew overhead in the last episode. If she is with Cafe-guy and Father, then she's breaking ranks with them for her own reasons.
Well, I am not even going to attempt to try to figure out the conspiracies going on, but I will say this. Cafe-pretty-boy was standing there and heard her asking Saya to look at the books. As I think we can safely assume he's in cahoots with the "father", I'm not sure why he wouldn't have attempted to stop the teacher from seeing the books. Maybe this means something. Maybe it doesn't.

Edit: Totally disagree with those trying to take this too seriously and defend Saya's incompetence at saving people. I mean, when the one attacked the classroom, she waited till it had killed several over the course of a few minutes before she seemed willing to give up her disguise and draw her sword. LoL. There are tons of incidents where she simply stands and lets the monsters kill people, and then rages after the fact. Granted, we probably aren't supposed to read anything into this. Maybe it's just bad directing, but it has still provided a ton of laughs each episode. Heck, maybe it's NOT bad directing and it's done on purpose, as a sort of homage to the rediculousness of horror shows. I dunno. The campy feel adds a lot in my opinion, and watching this with a sense of humor works wonders. As someone who grew up laughing my ass off at cheesy horror films, episodes 6-10 have been great fun.

Last edited by creb; 2011-09-22 at 02:42.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 13:06   Link #1077
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

ep 10 literally makes no sense. what poor writing.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 13:18   Link #1078
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

11 is out and lol

Spoiler for notes about 11:
karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 13:37   Link #1079
Iwa Ite
Day by Day

Episode 11
Spoiler for 11:
Old 2011-09-22, 13:45   Link #1080
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
ep 10 literally makes no sense. what poor writing.
What's poor about it? It makes perfect sense, especially after the build-up the whole show has had regarding the town being a fake. It was quite nicely done.

Pretty hard to tell if we'll get an actual ending by that preview, though next weeks episode is looking quite good. Can't wait.

Tags
action, blood, clamp, miko, production i.g.