AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-07-10, 11:08   Link #961
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
i just finished v1 should i ignore v2 "side stor" or read it?
You should definitely read volume 2 if you plan on continuing to read the novels.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 11:12   Link #962
Bombo
TSF Fans

thank you ...^^
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 11:30   Link #963
tomtkp

Kawahara explained more about SAO: Progressive series in his Twitter page.

Quote:
川原礫 ‏@kunori

そして、巻末の予告ページについてちょとお知らせをば!
次の本は8月のアクセル・ワールド12ですが、
その次は『ソードアート・オンライン プログレッシブ1』というタイトルで、アインクラッド一層二層攻略編 を刊行させて頂く予定です。
Kawahara explained that the first volume of Progressive will focus on the first and second floor of Aincrad, so basically Aria and Rondo will be part of this first volume.

Quote:
川原礫 @kunori

プログレッシブ編も1とナンバリングしたからには一冊で終わりではなく、
いつか出るであろう…出るかもしれない2巻では第三層攻略編を書く予定です。
基本的にはアリシゼーション編が優先となりますので、かなり気長なペースとなってしまいますが、ともどもよ ろしくお願い致します!
And then he said that there will be second volume of Progressive which focus on the third floor of Aincrad but he stressed that writing Alicization takes precedence over writing Progressive, hence the release of Progressive volumes will be slower for a while.
Old 2012-07-10, 11:36   Link #964
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
And then he said that there will be second volume of Progressive which focus on the third floor of Aincrad but he stressed that writing Alicization takes precedence over writing Progressive, hence the release of Progressive volumes will be slower for a while.
That makes sense since Progressive is just a remake to reorganize the beginning chapters.
Old 2012-07-10, 11:40   Link #965
Ray
Garnet

Quote:

Kawahara explained that the first volume of Progressive will focus on the first and second floor of Aincrad, so basically Aria and Rondo will be part of this first volume.

Thanks for translating his tweets.

Oh. I wonder how many volumes he plans on writing if the first two only cover the first 3 floors? And just how many floors does he intend to write about?
Old 2012-07-10, 11:51   Link #966
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Thanks for translating his tweets.

Oh. I wonder how many volumes he plans on writing if the first two only cover the first 3 floors? And just how many floors does he intend to write about?
the more the better, naturally
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 12:21   Link #967
taichi-kun

hi

Sorry I was reading vol 7 but I won't be able to finish it due to work until holidays

So I want to know...curiosity is killing me, if someone could help me :

Spoiler for asuna:

Thanks
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 12:24   Link #968
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
hi

Sorry I was reading vol 7 but I won't be able to finish it due to work until holidays

So I want to know...curiosity is killing me, if someone could help me :

Spoiler for asuna:

Thanks
Spoiler for answer:
Old 2012-07-10, 12:25   Link #969
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
the more the better, naturally
I suppose. The only problem I see is that the anime adaptation may suffer if he decides to work them in. Of course, he doesn't have to use all of the for the anime.

Ah, I'm sure it'll be a great read. :>
Old 2012-07-10, 12:37   Link #970
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Spoiler for answer:
Wow thank you, good news for me,I can leave happy then

Spoiler for :
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 13:08   Link #971
Raviel

Not sure if I should put this here or in the Q & A thread but here goes....

Does Klein/Kline have any major role during and after the SAO arc and how important is he in general? I'm asking mainly out of curiosity as to whether or not there are ever going to be any other male protagonists.

While I'm on the topic, do the other members of Kirito's harem move on after seeing they have absolutely no chance against Asuna?
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 13:20   Link #972
tomtkp

Spoiler pics from someone who bought Volume 10 (not me). I still haven't got it yet.

Spoiler for Cover illustration:

Spoiler for Back cover:

Spoiler for Colour illustration 1:

Spoiler for Colour illustration 2:

Spoiler for Colour illustration 3:

Spoiler for Map:

Hence, I can assume that Volume 10 contains the web version Chapter 4, followed by the new contents which then connects to the start of Chapter 5.

Last edited by tomtkp; 2012-07-10 at 14:36.
tomtkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 13:29   Link #973
Ray
Garnet

Great post, tomtkp. I love Asuna's emotionless face in the first colour illustration; it reminds me of her face on the cover of the Aria SS.

How many chapters was the web version of Alicization again, 20~30? And maaaan I really wanna know what goes down in this volume.

Spoiler for question, just in case:
Old 2012-07-10, 13:30   Link #974
kyp275
Meh

oh gawd that back cover...

poor Lizbet and Scilica...
Old 2012-07-10, 13:46   Link #975
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
This is great there maybe more info Laughing Coffin Raid and more on of his time in Black Cats of the Full Moon guild and Sachi.
But his wont chnage Sachi fate in the story.
Sachi may not have a place in the reboot.

I mean, in vol 1, Kirito and Asuna met in the latter Floors, and that's where Kirito changed her outlook.

In Aria, the meet on Floor 1, and their relationship developed from there. The main reason Kirito joined the Black Cats while keeping secrets from them was that he was lonely. Hard to imagine with Asuna in the picture from early on.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 13:50   Link #976
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Sachi may not have a place in the reboot.

I mean, in vol 1, Kirito and Asuna met in the latter Floors, and that's where Kirito changed her outlook.

In Aria, the meet on Floor 1, and their relationship developed from there. The main reason Kirito joined the Black Cats while keeping secrets from them was that he was lonely. Hard to imagine with Asuna in the picture from early on.
I'd be surprised if she doesn't. She's pretty important in terms of character development for Kirito.

But yeah, they're quite a few inconsistencies (such as the one above), and I'm sure that's exactly what Kawahara plans on fixing.
Old 2012-07-10, 14:26   Link #977
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Great post, tomtkp. I love Asuna's emotionless face in the first colour illustration; it reminds me of her face on the cover of the Aria SS.

How many chapters was the web version of Alicization again, 20~30? And maaaan I really wanna know what goes down in this volume.

Spoiler for question, just in case:
8 chapters + 2 interludes + epilogue. Chapter 7 & 8 are huge chapters.

Spoiler for reply:
Old 2012-07-10, 14:28   Link #978
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
8 chapters + 2 interludes + epilogue. Chapter 7 & 8 are huge chapters.

Spoiler for reply:
Ah, that's it (I was waay off, heh). Thank you.

Oh! All the better. I'm really excited to find out what happens.
Old 2012-07-10, 16:00   Link #979
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
Not sure if I should put this here or in the Q & A thread but here goes....

Does Klein/Kline have any major role during and after the SAO arc and how important is he in general? I'm asking mainly out of curiosity as to whether or not there are ever going to be any other male protagonists.

While I'm on the topic, do the other members of Kirito's harem move on after seeing they have absolutely no chance against Asuna?
Klein and Egil are both important and continuing characters in the story. Neither obviously hold a candle to Kirito... but they are reoccurring across the various arcs. Klein actually gets cooler, in certain ways, in the ALO arcs. Egil doesn't seem to spend much time in-game (IIRC) but certainly makes various appearances in the RL scenes.

I've always assumed Kirito's harem moves on... they may not end up dating other people and they probably pine for Kirito... but I don't personally see the followup relationships as potential love interests 'chasing' our hero.

Quote:

Thanks for the translations!

It's awesome news that they're going to... err... do a reboot of the franchise start. Putting the beginning portions of Vol 1> First Day > Aria > Rondo into a new volume and allowing the author a new chance to clean up some of the inconsistencies will be grand. Even if they don't take that path it'd be lovely to see. Even if they don't take that path it'll be a grand opportunity and I for one am really looking forward to it.

It's also possible the anime will skip some of that to boost book sales later.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 17:37   Link #980
haseo0408

I´m a bit lost, what is really happening to Kirito in volume 9?.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality