AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

View Poll Results: Total Eclipse - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 28 42.42%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 24.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 12.12%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.55%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-27, 22:15   Link #121
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
500 knots for what? If it is land vehicle, it is super fast, but it is a jet plane, it is slow, 500 knots = 926 km/h, it even don't reach march speed, 1 march = 1225 km/h.
For a jet aircraft carrying strike loads, you don't need to be moving at mach. And most combat aurcraft can't hit Mach 1 while carrying combat loads anyway.

500 knots is a decent speed, very fast for a prop bomber, and ridiculously fast for a bomber carrying strike loads; strike aircraft typically cruise between 350 to 450 ish knots. So the Bears are flying at a decent speed for strike aircraft. Not everyone flies around at mach 1, particularly as your fuel economy is shit thanks to afterburners.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-09-28, 16:24   Link #122
Snuffle
likes cute things

So I did a marathon of episode 01~13... Holy crap this show is awesome. Nobody told me this is like Full Metal Panic. I'm lacking sleep now since I couldn't stop watching. And I'm really liking how the romance is developing, very subtle and believable.
Old 2012-09-28, 20:16   Link #123
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Indeed, compare how Yuuya treats the 94 Second testbed in his current outing vs his first hop with it... As it turns from hated machine into his waifu...

Wait, were you talking about Yuuya and Yui, or Yuuya and Shiranui?

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-09-28, 20:19   Link #124
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Indeed, compare how Yuuya treats the 94 Second testbed in his current outing vs his first hop with it... As it turns from hated machine into his waifu...

It's a harem, no problem.. you just failed to include the BETAs
Old 2012-09-28, 23:42   Link #125
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
So I did a marathon of episode 01~13... Holy crap this show is awesome. Nobody told me this is like Full Metal Panic. I'm lacking sleep now since I couldn't stop watching. And I'm really liking how the romance is developing, very subtle and believable.
Wow, you did a marathon too? Cool And yeah, I had no idea it was going to be this interesting, I need some mecha regularly and I'm liking how it's been so far. And I used to be very vocal against CG mecha, but man has it changed over the years

Quote:

lol this made me laugh He used to hate that mech, now he wants to bring it home. Actually, maybe he doesn't mind the mech but rather wants to make Yui happy, yeah that seems to be it, it's always about the girl
Old 2012-09-29, 01:33   Link #126
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

...the hell? Why is boobytron here?!
Old 2012-09-29, 01:38   Link #127
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
That's funny, because Yuuya used to have trouble getting used to both Yui & the Shiranui. XD
Old 2012-09-29, 01:52   Link #128
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
...the hell? Why is boobytron here?!
B-because of.... the boobies?
Quote:
Originally Posted by greensoulreaper View Post
That's funny, because Yuuya used to have trouble getting used to both Yui & the Shiranui. XD
Yeah Now that he's pulling some cool moves with the mech, maybe he'll warm up to Yui too. I hope he picks up that railgun component they left behind, then he brings both the mech and the part back, and Yui will be like "My hero!" and then they go kissy kissy and then comes a wedding and then happy ending!

I mean....
Old 2012-09-29, 05:05   Link #129
zRichard

Did I just read "happy ending" in a MuvLuv thread? What are these avant-garde concepts you are talking about mister?

No, really, pray everyday for your characters' safety.
Old 2012-09-29, 05:21   Link #130
EroKing

I bet they are spending more of the budget on Yui's curves rather than the CG Seriously though I hope there's some improvement in the next ep.

And oh,

still waiting for this to happen
Old 2012-09-30, 10:55   Link #131
Ray
Garnet

Man, Yui was quite hotheaded back when she was White Fang 1..

That Lady whoever friend of Yui's had a very awesome character design. It's a shame she had to die like that. :<

Yui's deredere side is so adorable~

I had a lot to say.. but Wild Goose managed to say everything that I wanted to..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
The blonde chick killed the fort class so easily that makes me wonder why are they special again. Someone said that they were apc ( troops transporters) but I didn’t see any come from there or inside them.
Spoilers
Spoiler for Fort Class (nothing I'd consider a spoiler, but better safe then sorry)
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
I probably sound harsh, but there was plenty of time for Stella to take aim at the Fort, since it walked in from the outside of the base rather than appear suddenly via underground or something. It just seems like bad writing for her to not engage such an imminent threat, with its slow movement pace PLUS long travel distance.

Its not like she was shown to be doing a good job at clearing the closest targets to Yuuya either, considering that he lost an arm to a "surprise" beta attack. Yuuya and Yui taking their time didn't help either, but still.
Fort Class are considered low priority due to their slow movement pace. So even if she saw it enter the base, there was no point in worrying about it. Plus, I'm sure that it wasn't the only one that entered the base.. There's no need to waste ammo on them.

Even though they're large, Yuuya may've have failed to notice one approach him due to the fact that he was keeping to the ground and the buildings also may have prevented Yuuya from seeing it. Yuuya was also moving around at a fairy high speed, too..

As for Stella not bringing it down earlier, it could have easily a simple matter of her not having a clear shot until after it struck Yuuya down.
Old 2012-09-30, 11:38   Link #132
zRichard

It seemed that Yuuya distanced himself from Stella, because he called her several times and didn't get any response. This was just before being hit by the Fort class.

Maybe that hit put him again in a range where Stella could notice where he was.

Nevertheless, this scene wasn't portrayed in a good way, but I wouldn't use it as an example of bad writing. There're small spots like this in all action stories
, even in iconic literary pieces like The Lord of the Rings is full of them too.
Closed Thread