AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-10-04, 19:32   Link #3241
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

As well you should, it appears to have already busted Breezehome. No word yet on whether its due to mod conflicts or not.
Old 2012-10-04, 19:55   Link #3242
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
As well you should, it appears to have already busted Breezehome. No word yet on whether its due to mod conflicts or not.
Hearthfire adds a new purchasable addition to Breezehome: the Children's Bedroom. It is mutually exclusive with the alchemy lab, you can't have both.

Children's bedroom additions were made available for the other existing homes, though only in the case of Hjerim and Proudspire Manor are they capable of not replacing anything.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 20:06   Link #3243
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

well i purchased hearthfire and bought and built my house with an alchemy tower, armory, and enchanters tower and i must say: HOLY HELL IS THERE A LOT OF SPACE! and alot of mannequines for those wondering but man you can build 3 one in morthal, one in falkreath, and one in dawnstar but make sure you have ALOT of iron, steel, and corundum trust me you'll need them!
Old 2012-10-04, 22:32   Link #3244
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
Hearthfire is now available on the PC version of Skyrim. For those of you in America, it'll cost five (US) dollars. For everyone else, well...
$5?

I thought this was supposed to be free
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 16:32   Link #3245
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Now everyone's dream can come true "Elder scrolls VI : Real estate agency"
Muwahahahah

I am insane

if anyone is interested in a ridiculous mod check the link out.
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/05/su...nto-marioland/
Old 2012-10-05, 17:29   Link #3246
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Here, go nuts

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/02/sk...ly-horrifying/
Old 2012-10-05, 18:15   Link #3247
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Oh my god that's some crazy stuff. I would not like to be a drugged up guy playing Skyrim when those are walking around
Old 2012-10-06, 06:45   Link #3248
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
...and I thought only Fallout had its irradiated mutants.

I take mods that actually improve my gameplay or conform to lore.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-10-07 at 08:50.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 08:12   Link #3249
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Skyrim has become a freak show
Old 2012-10-06, 14:04   Link #3250
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Skyrim has become a freak show
And people wonder why I eschew mods and stick to the vanilla game... -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
Shouldn't they be making more patches instead of giving us mod packages downloadable content that breaks even more stuff? I mean, there are still bugs that need fixing...
A friend who DL'ed Hearthfire graciously let me try it (on a vanilla version of the game, to get a better feel) on his PC and -this is me speaking, as someone who didn't try the adoption and house-building mods beforehand- there ARE some interesting features, such as the ability to add specific wings to your three homes (Greenhouse, Armory/Trophy, additional Bedrooms, Alchemy Tower, Enchanter Tower, Storeroom, Kitchen, etc), a greater variety of food (you can now have steamed mudcrabs legs, on top of an oven functionality for additional meals) and some unique wings (like a fishery or an apiary). The homes are HUGE, even more appealing than Proudspire Manor, larger than Hjerim and brimming with even more stuff than Vlindrell Hall (though you need lots of money and have to instruct your housecarl-turned-steward to buy furniture in order for the mansion to be truly filled up).

The house-building process is very simple, it's just 1°) select a wing/section on the drawing board and then 2°) build the parts separately and watch everything come together 3°) then get inside, find a benchmark and craft tables/chairs/beds (can't customize the list for each room, it's all preset). But the initial moment of fun disappears relatively quickly after you've completed the home (and nope, you can't disassemble the wings and build new ones in their stead). Regardless, the manors are great places to store excess stuff you might've accrued in your backpack over time.

The only problem is that for each manor you need to complete the respective jarl's quests and those can be annoying, not so much due to game difficulty but length (the Daedra's Best Friend quest sort of grated on my nerves, even though I completed it with no problem).

As for the children-adopting thing...yeah. Can be heart-twinging (some of the children's stories are quite sad, such as the girl in Windhelm), amusing (you can watch your children bicker with each other) or annoying (they always beg for gifts whenever you come home - though you do have the option of answering "nope, don't have anything for you here"; for my part, I'm actively trying to turn the two girls diabetic by automatically giving them sweets/food, though you can visit the Khajiit or the general goods stores to buy toys). You can either play with them or command them to do their chores/go play outside/go to bed...but the amount of functionalities in Hearthfire child-rearing is IMHO quite limited - in other words, it gets tiresome -if not downright boring- after a while.

New challenges? Well, just like in real-life, DIY houses are a money pit. You always need to buy new stuff, even though there are some resources you can mine (clay), smith (hinges, locks, fittings, nails) or collect (glass). The rest you need to buy (lumber, quarried stone, etc, etc). And then you have the random threats such as a lumbering giant stumbling upon your poor (j/k - darn, I almost felt like a jarl watching all of the stuff I had accumulated in those three manors, I was practically wealthier than the Battleborns) abodes, bandits (didn't encounter them) or skeevers (had them once in the Falkreath mansion, I think), which either you, your spouse or your steward (dunno if the steward is immortal, will have to check that on the wikis) can deal with.

And then...the reported bugs.
The most visible one was a bug in the housecarl dialogue when I want to buy furniture - somehow some options remain optional (which are then answered with "Sorry, but you can't afford that now"), even though you just bought them. Then I noticed some of the NPCs inside started clipping somewhat - my steward at Lakeview Manor was standing on a chair instead of sitting on it, and the cow outside was climbing my mansion's outer wall instead of grazing inside its pen. And...there is this weird problem with lighting that I'm having, not only around the mansions - for some reason, when I get on one side of a building (encountered this in Whiterun, near Belethor's store), the lighting very abruptly dims, even though I'm supposed to be in a very slight shade (the change was so sudden I started wondering whether a dragon was flying above me).

So...all in all, yeah, Hearthfire does bring a couple fun things, but you quickly exhaust them...and then you run back to completing quests.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2012-10-06 at 17:29.
Renegade334 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 17:19   Link #3251
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

I still stand by what I said, the DLC is for role playing as a estate agent ^_^
Old 2012-10-07, 09:07   Link #3252
DuoRanger
Banned

well, idk what mod is crashing my save with heathfire

for some unknown reason when i open my inventory my game crashes
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 11:35   Link #3253
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Perhaps a mod that offers new items to your inventory? Hearthfire added a few more objects (food, construction resources), so there could be an ID # conflict between HF's database and one of the mods'.

Either deactivate all mods and then reactivate them one by one...or revert to an earlier save.
Old 2012-10-08, 19:39   Link #3254
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Perhaps a mod that offers new items to your inventory? Hearthfire added a few more objects (food, construction resources), so there could be an ID # conflict between HF's database and one of the mods'.

Either deactivate all mods and then reactivate them one by one...or revert to an earlier save.
Could also be the scripts within the mod that's causing the conflict. Reordering the mod loading order may also be necessary.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-10-09 at 15:31.
Old 2012-10-08, 19:52   Link #3255
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Could also be the scripts within the mod that's causing the conflict. Reordering the mod loading order may also be necessary.
If they're loose scripts contained in pex/psc files, mod load reordering won't do much of anything.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 18:50   Link #3256
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
If they're loose scripts contained in pex/psc files, mod load reordering won't do much of anything.
Trying to make a clean save, it seems, is like getting your appendix out.
Old 2012-10-09, 21:19   Link #3257
DuoRanger
Banned

well its working fine here again(idk what happened, i removed all items, then i've loaded heathfire and then put all again)
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 22:14   Link #3258
kinggreg8589

they might as well get rid of everything before this because elder scrolls games before this were all crap in my opinion
kinggreg8589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 04:11   Link #3259
sa547
*Author

I should hand it over to this guy for pulling off the impossible.

Skyrim Heimskr Trick Shot Round 2

-------
Well, bad news that one mod author based in Hong Kong had been locked down (third time) by the Nex for using what was deemed "licensed/copyrighted material" in all of his themed costume packages.

Anyway, that modder should host his stuff someplace else, so Nex now makes me think it's the Youtube of mods -- content that you actually made, not ported from some other IP-sensitive game elsewyr.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-10-10 at 10:20.
Old 2012-10-10, 21:51   Link #3260
Simonsy

Had to re-install Skyrim when reformat my computer, and not sure what mods to install.

So far I have the

1. UFO (Ultimate Follower Overhaul)
2. Skyrim HD - 2K Textures
3. Skyrim UI
4. Sounds of Skyrim - The Dungeons & The Wilds

What are some more essentials.

No need to recomend optional things like armors player homes, ect.

Trying to basically just get a straight up skyrim game but improve all aspects of sound, graphics, immersion, realism, ect.

I'll worry about what armor types, body types, hair, player homes, weapons, ect that I want to add into game. I just want to know what other BASIC essentials I'm missing.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim