AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-02, 08:18   Link #81
Choki
I believe i can fly

With great determination comes with great powers....She alone being animated without a rosa mystica shows how strong her desire to meet Rozen.

I do remember faintly that Shinku did say that Suigintou is able to move and use her powers without a medium is because of her strong will and desire to meet Father (in the manga). Maybe i should start re-reading RM again

Their fairy was sort of like a helper to them...like how Shinku uses hers to find out whats happening in the N-field.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
The fairies are a part of the Rosa Mystica for sure. When you absorb someone's else rosa mystica, you get their power, their weapon, their memories and their fairies. We also know Suigin Tou got her fairy in the OVA at the same time she get her Rosa Mystica, so it's pretty obvious both are related. That said, it's still hard to pinpoint how much of their power is due to the fairy, medium, and rosa mystica.
But why did Meimei(Suigintou's fairy) went to Shinku when Shinku didnt take Suigintou's rosa mystica in S1? Meimei only returned to her later in Tramuend.
Old 2007-05-02, 11:06   Link #82
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choki View Post
I do remember faintly that Shinku did say that Suigintou is able to move and use her powers without a medium is because of her strong will and desire to meet Father (in the manga). Maybe i should start re-reading RM again
I don't remember which ep, but it was stated in the anime as well
Old 2007-05-02, 18:46   Link #83
Kaylia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choki View Post
But why did Meimei(Suigintou's fairy) went to Shinku when Shinku didnt take Suigintou's rosa mystica in S1? Meimei only returned to her later in Tramuend.
I thought at first it was Laplace Demon or Barasuishou who used it to lure Shinku in the N-field, but it might be Suigintou herself who used it as a medium to contact Shinku while she was sleeping.

I would need to watch the scene again, but I don't think Meimei "returned" to Shinku, it just contacted her the same way Shinku sent her after Hinaichigo in one of the first episode
Old 2007-05-03, 09:07   Link #84
Choki
I believe i can fly

The 'her' I'm refering here is Suigintou though....My bad for not saying it clearly =X
Old 2007-05-03, 09:27   Link #85
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Did MeiMei go with Shinku? I don't remember that. Just because Suigintou never needed to use her artificial spirit until later in Traumend doesn't mean it wasn't in her possession.
Old 2007-05-03, 21:57   Link #86
Kaylia

I watched episode 1 of Traumend again to see what happened. Laplace Demon was the one who was controlling Suigin Tou's artificial spirit to bring Shinku in the N-field. You see the spirit fly to him once they are inside, then he dissapears and the spirit fly to the crystal area where they fight Barasuishou. Later in episode 6, we can assume they gave back Meimei to Suigin Tou before leaving the box in the church, unless the Meimei you see in episode 1 was simply an illusion.

What happened between episode 12 and episode 6 will probably never be told. The only thing we know is that Shinku didnt take her Rosa Mystica.

And omg, music is so awesome in that anime. Every time I open an episode, I end up watching 4-5 complete episode simply to listen to the soundtrack

[edit]

Another random stupid question. What's the point of throwing rose petal/black feather to your oponent? Even Jun seem to be unafected by them. Just cross your arm in front of your head and none will ever hit you!
Old 2007-05-08, 05:41   Link #87
Lost

While there were scenes when our protagonists could be in a field of black feathers flying at them and not get hit (don't ask me why, it's the unsearchable Law of Anime) those black feathers were actually razor sharp. So were the petals. Besides, they could be, and were, used to distract and hinder the opponent when deployed in a flurry.
Old 2007-05-09, 00:36   Link #88
Kaylia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
While there were scenes when our protagonists could be in a field of black feathers flying at them and not get hit (don't ask me why, it's the unsearchable Law of Anime) those black feathers were actually razor sharp. So were the petals. Besides, they could be, and were, used to distract and hinder the opponent when deployed in a flurry.
I know ;p wasnt really a serious question. That's like asking why an army of 100 ninja will always be weaker than a single ninja. The feather and rose petal did do pretty color show
Old 2007-05-18, 22:49   Link #89
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

It would be devastating if you suffer from hay fever
Old 2007-11-26, 00:34   Link #90
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Spoiler for Here are a couple of questions for you::
Old 2007-11-26, 03:20   Link #91
MaxwellDemon
"Bi?!" BI?!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Spoiler for Here are a couple of questions for you::
These questions, you would figure it out once you watch the anime... but since RM is like 10th on your list, I'll answer it.

1. A doll make a contract by having a person kiss a rose ring they are wearing. Once this person kissed the ring, the ring will appear on one of the medium's ring fingers. In order for a doll to terminate a contract, she simply would return this kiss on the ring when it is on the medium's finger. This would break the contract then.

2. As of the last episode...

Spoiler for Finale:
Old 2007-12-02, 09:23   Link #92
blueststar
Die Treppe

Send a message via Yahoo to blueststar
<using new account after awhile, since my old one is...dead, so long ago that I no longer remember anything about it>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
I got many questions about technical aspect (I hope they werent answered before ;x I read the thread but didnt see anything).

1) What determine if they can fly or not? In battle, you see them fly around easily in both dream world, N-field and real world, but in other scene, they forget this ability. I'm talking about scene like the one at the end of the 2nd season, when Kanaria is slowly "climbing" the tree to escape, or when Shinku is stuck on the needle of the clock in Sousei seiki's master's dream world? Same could be said about episode like the one where Hina is trying to mail a letter.

I guess I can understand them not using their power in comedy/daily situation assuming "flying" drain a lot of energy, but it's weird to see them not use it when they are in danger. I supose its just inconsistency, unless I'm missing something.

2)Why did Jun had to make a pact with Shinku? Well, my question is, why Suigin Tou sent the clown to attack him? She indirectly forced Shinku to make a pact with him, than spent 3 episodes at the end of the season trying to get ride of Jun to beat Shinku.

3) What exactly is the purpose of the fairy (forgot how they call it) all 7 Maidens have? Why did Suigin Tou went through the trouble to steal both when they don't seem to have much impact on anything (she could have stolen their Rosa mystica in that scene instead). I assume they act as some sort of power amplifier for shiny special attack, but beside that, I don't understand what they do.

Also, how did Sousei Seiki lose her in episode 8-9?

4) What god should I pray for a 3rd reason, and where should I check for quick news to see if my prayer were answered? Also, is there any new development with the manga, or it's still canceled with no hope to see the rest X_x?
Although these questions are rather old, I'm rather curious about these:

1) The "when they fly" problem is rather queer, but if it really needs an explanation, it is one of the possibly-left-unanswered plot holes in the anime.

Can they fly in the REAL world? (coz the "city field" in Traumend is an N-Field) I don't remember anything but scenes of Gin's wings, Kana flying with her umbrella, and Desu and Boku double smashing Jun's room window over and over again...

Maybe they can only fly with their TRUNKS in the real world? Except Kana and Gin coz they already have the ability TO.

Edit: Kana's ability to fly doesn't seem to be as free as Gin though. In the manga, she was shown blown away once by the wind while trying to trespass into Jun's house from the air.

2) answered.

3) answered. The purpose of Gin stealing only the "artificial/man-made spirits" is unclear, but it seems that both Desu and Boku need their "spirits" to open the Door of Dreams. Maybe Gin stole it for that purpose?

Boku lost her "spirit" once because Gin took it.

4) here
Pray that Peach-Pit changed the ending in the anime. At least I want to enjoy season 3 peacefully >__>

Explaining some info, since I have nothing else to do...:

Quote:
What's the point of throwing rose petal/black feather to your oponent?
#1: nonsense, just for fun, etc., #2: frightening them so they run away?

Edit: The manga explains why sometimes a Rozen Maiden's attack misses human beings. To quote Shinku, Father forbids his Rozen Maidens to hurt humans (though Gin and Boku don't seem to care much in the manga)

Quote:
How can the dolls consume food and liquids?
Anything Peach-Pit have in their heads. Honestly, I'll never understand those two's brains.

Quote:
Who's n-field did the traumend night time fight, and the final fight take place in?
Nobody, but it is made by Gin.

Quote:
what IS Megu's sickness?
It is unknown in the anime, heart disease in the manga.

Last edited by blueststar; 2007-12-05 at 08:06.
Old 2008-06-25, 16:52   Link #93
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
For those of you with music knowledge: Anybody know if there are any Rozen Maiden songs on major keys?
Old 2008-07-01, 06:43   Link #94
Kuro-chan
I hate selfish childern

Send a message via MSN to Kuro-chan
how many rm dvds do you all have? My sister owns 4
Old 2008-10-11, 21:07   Link #95
Chaho-Chi
toptoptoptoptoptoptoptopt
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Chaho-Chi
I have a Good question

Spoiler for Not even sure if this belongs in Spoilers ^-^'':
Old 2008-10-11, 22:09   Link #96
BOOKGLUTTON
;;'

ask him yourself? It would really depend on what he would want in alice for him to make that kind of decision.
Old 2008-10-12, 13:22   Link #97
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu-smepai View Post
I have a Good question

Spoiler for Not even sure if this belongs in Spoilers ^-^'':
Probably because making the perfect doll by himself it's way more difficult than letting your "incomplete" dolls fight each other and create Alice in the process. I think that if you take every good point each doll has and put them all together in a single doll, well, then you get Alice.
That question, I think, was answered in the anime, but the manga hasn't given any clear answer if I'm not wrong.
Old 2009-02-11, 09:03   Link #98
EternalNeptune

i guess wen "father" sed that shinku cud stil bring bak souiseiseki and hinaichigo, does that mean they're alright?
Old 2009-03-19, 13:40   Link #99
Ishalla
enlighten me

I must say that this was one of the most interesting Rozen Maiden topics I've read in ages, and it did strengthen/alter my opinion on certain matters. (have yet to look at the rest at Animesuki), however, there were a few points in the guide with which I disagree.
(Those points are in the spoiler, both because they do spoil the plot a bit, and it is not the shortest message I've written)

Spoiler for different opinion:
Old 2009-03-19, 14:09   Link #100
idiffer

Send a message via ICQ to idiffer
What was the whole point of the Alice game? and why would any doll want to participate in it?
and most importantly, what the hell happened when nobody could in the end become Alice?
the dolls' reason de tre (or how was it?) is lost. it all really seems pointless, just for the sake of itself...
c) Your mind is too narrow to embrace my genius, de geso.
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.
e) Go home and die! Dattebayo!
Closed Thread