AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2008-08-29, 08:52   Link #461
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

@Keiichi no Hibi: if you could post a screenshot of where you put the patch it would help us in trying to help you... that is if you haven't already fixed you problem.
Old 2008-08-31, 03:10   Link #462
Keiichi no Hibi
THIS. IS WHO I AM.

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi no Hibi
Ahhh sorry this took me so long to reply to you guys-- Disgaea 3 coming out got me stuck to my PS3 whoops. Anyway! Here are my folders! Hope this can help D:
Keiichi no Hibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 03:13   Link #463
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

You did not install Umineko 2 properly.
The patch folder must be in the game folder, where you can see the full installation (BGM etc etc). And the arc.nsa of the game has been weirdly named "arc1" which will bring even more trouble.
Old 2008-08-31, 03:18   Link #464
Keiichi no Hibi
THIS. IS WHO I AM.

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi no Hibi
Even though when I load it up in Japanese it works completely fine? Weird. Well, thanks very much, lemme uninstall this sucker and see how it goes!

EDIT: Uninstalled and reinstalled aaand it's the same stuff in the folder I extracted everything to, and in the Program Files folder where I reinstalled it to, I get these two folders which just has the games in them.
Keiichi no Hibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 03:25   Link #465
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Send a message via MSN to Nadeor
Use Applocale to run it, most likely it's because of coding
Nadeor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 03:45   Link #466
Psycho13in308

When I install it creates folders called umineko2 & umineko3 in the 07th_Expansion folder for each respective version, so I think you are probably doing something wrong with the installation. It kinda looks like you are kinda extracting the files and throwing them in a folder.

EDIT: Your install of the game should look like this: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...es/umineko.jpg

Last edited by Psycho13in308; 2008-08-31 at 03:54. Reason: information
Psycho13in308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 04:38   Link #467
d-one

btw, dunno if someone already mention this, but I can't open umineko op ver.B from the music box
d-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 10:53   Link #468
chronotrig

About the opening ver. B, sorry. It's an avi file, and onscripter can only play mpeg files right now. You can still see it anytime by looking in the movies folder, but you won't be able to play it in game until onscripter gets an upgrade.

And if I'm not mistaken, Keiichi, you tried to install our patch on the chinese patch. That doesn't work.
In your first pictures, you have a file called arc1, which shouldn't exist, and this game's name is supposed to be 'うみねこのなく頃に', not 海猫鸣泣之时.

If you have a problem running a game, buy it legally or get the download version that's free. This is not a forum for teaching people how to steal these great games.
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 21:57   Link #469
Licky

finished the demo version of the game! I have a question, after having finished the game, and seen the tea party i seem to not be able to find the hidden tea party. How can I acces it in the demo?
Licky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 22:31   Link #470
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Licky View Post
finished the demo version of the game! I have a question, after having finished the game, and seen the tea party i seem to not be able to find the hidden tea party. How can I acces it in the demo?
Here's how to unlock it.
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 07:27   Link #471
Licky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
ah thanks, but now the problem is I don't know how to access the music box xD Is it possible in the demo? (but now that i think abou it after reading the tea party at the end there was a screen where it said that ???? was unlocked but i can't find it. Is it different in the demo than the main game?)
Licky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 09:54   Link #472
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

There is no Music Box avaiulable for the demo.
The Ura tea party can be accessed from the main menu with the "????" once you finished the normal tea party.
Old 2008-09-02, 16:59   Link #473
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Before I send Klash and chronotrig the chapters I'm finished retranslating.
I'm going to finish chapter 4 which is at 50%
Also since chronotrig is doing chapters 5&6 I'm guessing I'm in charge of chapters 7&8?
Old 2008-09-02, 17:09   Link #474
chronotrig

I'll take chapter 7. 5 and 6 should be done by saturday, and I'll finish 7 by next Tuesday.

So once sterling finishes chapter 4 and 8, the rough for the first half of Umineko 2 will be completed. That's up to the end of the first day, just like ep1. After that will be maybe a week for some editing and final touches.
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 17:12   Link #475
Elvin

Are you going to add the translated scripts to baka-tsuki as you go along like when theacefrehley did the rough translation for ep 1 and 2? It says you're 22% done but as far as I can see only the tips have both the JP script and EN translation.
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 17:16   Link #476
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin View Post
Are you going to add the translated scripts to baka-tsuki as you go along like when theacefrehley did the rough translation for ep 1 and 2? It says you're 22% done but as far as I can see only the tips have both the JP script and EN translation.
I might add them I might not... haven't decided yet
Old 2008-09-02, 19:00   Link #477
Keriaku
Thought Being

I would be very happy if you did ^^
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 05:22   Link #478
Coruja

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
I'll take chapter 7. 5 and 6 should be done by saturday, and I'll finish 7 by next Tuesday.

So once sterling finishes chapter 4 and 8, the rough for the first half of Umineko 2 will be completed. That's up to the end of the first day, just like ep1. After that will be maybe a week for some editing and final touches.
Eheh, you guys are too awesome. ^^

@Sterling: Please add them!! It would be much appreciated!
Coruja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 06:47   Link #479
DaCyclops
Freshly Exiled Zero

Just managed to finish the first episode. A very pleasing story, one that kept me up late at night just to see what would happen. And the two Tea Party's definitely both answer and raise plenty more questions.

Your translation, while a little rough at places, was good. I am so looking forward to the future patchs from your groups.

(quick question - whats the chances Umineko 3 will be translated before Umineko 4 is released? is there even a release date decided yet for Umineko 4??)
(Yeah, this is me trying to minimize costs by skipping buying 3 if I can...)
DaCyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 09:56   Link #480
d-one

the forth one will be on the next comiket at Desember if there's no problem
d-one is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation