AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-09-25, 19:57   Link #61
Shift_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
This is a very philosophical question, one that I can't give an answer for.

However, in the artbook, "ETERNAL MEMORIES"

Spoiler:

I heard that the artbook explains a LOT of stuff in the game that wasn't explained in-game.
Do you know where I can get this book?
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 20:06   Link #62
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
Can anyone describe what Nel's and Maria's ending with Fayt is? I only got the sophita ending...and the solo.

THE ENDING OF THIS GAME PISSED ME OFF. the game was good, the story was intresting. I'm just gonna start a spoiler here so I don't spoil anything.
Some of the couple endings seems to be extensions of the solo endings, like the solo endings takes place before the couple endings.

As for Maria/Nel's couple ending:

Spoiler:
Old 2004-09-25, 20:08   Link #63
noir maou_sama

Maria in close range with those moves? What level are you on? She get much better close range moves than that. I was very fond of Magnetic Field not only because of it's area of effect, but because of the added chance of paralysis. I only removed it to put on this hidden move that takes 8 CP. I'm not sure if going into details about moves would be considered a spoiler, therefore...
Spoiler:
noir maou_sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 20:12   Link #64
Shift_

sweet...might need to replay the game to get those endings...

however I'm still VERY intrested on where I can find this interview and artbook as it seems to fill in ALOT.

Another question...at the end of the game...do they all seem to just 'seprate' like fayt and his partner go off, and everyone else just seprates like they were from the start of the game? Because it kinda gave off a feeling they wouldn't see eachother again.
Old 2004-09-25, 20:21   Link #65
noir maou_sama

Forgot to mention in the nel ending...
Spoiler:

Also, I heard that Peppita, who was originally named Souffle in the Japanese version, had her name changed for some special reason. Anyone know of that?
Old 2004-09-25, 20:30   Link #66
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir maou_sama
Also, I heard that Peppita, who was originally named Souffle in the Japanese version, had her name changed for some special reason. Anyone know of that?
Yes, Peppita's Japanese name was Souffie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift
however I'm still VERY intrested on where I can find this interview and artbook as it seems to fill in ALOT.
You can find the ETERNAL MEMORIES artbook on Ebay, there's usually one or two copies up for auction. However, it's all in Japanese, so unless you know Japanese...

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir maou_sama
Maria in close range with those moves? What level are you on? She get much better close range moves than that. I was very fond of Magnetic Field not only because of it's area of effect, but because of the added chance of paralysis. I only removed it to put on this hidden move that takes 8 CP. I'm not sure if going into details about moves would be considered a spoiler, therefore...

The move is called Energy Burst and is found in the aftergame dungeon, Maze of Tribulations. It's this huge beam that fires forward, hitting anything in it's path for HP and MP damage. You can also hold the button down, causing the move to continue, slowly draining your fury to 0 with no additional HP cost. Enemies will continue to rapidly lose HP and MP and it's somewhat difficult for them to get out(depending on the enemy of course). Many enemies had nasty moves, so I'm glad to have the option of using one.
I haven't played the Maze of Trials yet (PS2's gotten to the point where it can barely load SO3 unfortunately), but currently, Maria kicks unholy arse with Scatter Beam.

Magnetic Field does more damage, but Scatter Beam hits more times, and attacks so fast that I can do a 6x Scatter Beam chain in less time than it takes for Fayt and Nel to be part way into their own combo.

Its really not hard to fight close range with Maria, just need to know when to attack and when to evade. Becoming proficient with side-stepping really helps.

But yes, I do plan on replacing one of the Scatter Beams with Energy Burst when I get it, because that attack > everything in the game.
Old 2004-09-25, 20:32   Link #67
Shift_

I just tried searching it in ebay couldn't find it.

I don't know japanese, but I can easily get it translated and quickly
Old 2004-09-25, 21:10   Link #68
noir maou_sama

I was looking for the reason for Souffle's name change. I heard there was some sort of reason for it, but can't seem to find it. Other people had their names altered but only by a few letters rather than a whole name change.
Scatter Beam is fast, so you may have a point. I also don't think Maria is that bad at close range because they have given her some good close-range moves. I would play a combination of both, but Energy Burst takes up so much CP, combined with my common support symbols. I would probably have one of her kick combo moves if I played stricktly close range. Triple Kick would probably be preferred as my knock-away move because it sends enemies flying across the screen. I geuss i could go on and on about which moves would be effective, but I'm not sure if you're into that thing. I would like to know if anyone else has any good cancel ideas for their members? I'm trying to think of a good combination for Nel. Poision Cloud and Shadow Wave work well for good MP damage, along with poisioning the enemy. I'm going to see if I can find a good cancel for Fayt's Dimension Door.
Old 2004-09-26, 00:01   Link #69
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
I play as Maria close combat (yes, you heard me. Close Combat with Maria) with Scatter Beam on both my close attacks and Aiming Device on my Longs and she mows everything down before Fayt and Nel could get more than one or two hits in
I play maria both close and range style. Really she's proficient at both. You can also use scatter beam at long range against larger enemies. It works well against biochimera on spiral tower level 10. I use a varity of attacks close range. Pluse blast, scatter beam, cresent lotus, and gravity bullet all work pretty well. Still against really strong enemies I stay long range, use support spells, and fire away with aiming device. It also helps that her weapon has mp recovery.
Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Anyway, we need a direct sequal to so2 with ashton as the main character.
Old 2004-10-18, 22:38   Link #70
Kamui4356
Aria Company

I hate to revive an old thread, especially when I was the last one to post in it, but I had an interesting thought about the events of SO2 and how they could relate to SO3.
Spoiler for for end of so2 and so3:

Of course that's very unlikely, but it's still an interesting thought, well to me anyway....
Old 2004-10-20, 06:18   Link #71
cRoNoXz

Just wanna ask you all, whats the title of the vocal song that came out early in the game? Its somewhere when the hero and the girl was going to roam around the resort..
cRoNoXz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 03:17   Link #72
NoirKy
Kaleido Star Trainee

Send a message via AIM to NoirKy Send a message via MSN to NoirKy
You know... if you get the Ring of Vanishing (Disintergration Ring in English Ver), and go back to where you met Airyglyph's King in the desert before you fight Crossel. The left door can be opened with the Ring and you can go down there to get one of the items from Roger's scroll... Only problem... I don't know how to kill the first boss. Anyone got any suggestions? I spent like 80 hours total and still have to keep running back to heal point from the light orb enemies everytime I fight one or 2. They do so much damage early in the game.
NoirKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 15:41   Link #73
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirKy
You know... if you get the Ring of Vanishing (Disintergration Ring in English Ver), and go back to where you met Airyglyph's King in the desert before you fight Crossel. The left door can be opened with the Ring and you can go down there to get one of the items from Roger's scroll... Only problem... I don't know how to kill the first boss. Anyone got any suggestions? I spent like 80 hours total and still have to keep running back to heal point from the light orb enemies everytime I fight one or 2. They do so much damage early in the game.
The amoeba giant? I suggest using , fayt, cliff, and maria, with you controling Maria. it's best if you have a lot of +500 attack from orachalcum synthed to your party's weapons, but it isn't nessicary, but it helps alot. Set aiming device to both of maria's long slots, but her on berserk, and make sure you have plenty of healing items and that she knows common support symbols. let fayt and cliff do their thing, but make sure fayt doesn't do a sword enchantment. stay back and fire away with weak normal attack, weak aiming device , strong aiming device , weak aiming device, strong aiming device. That should get you a 300% cancel bonus too. Then heal anyone who needs it, let fury bulid to 100% again then repeat the process until he dies. at 80 hours into the game, your characters should be at a high enough level for this, unless you didn't play with maria at all.
edit: btw, he has 220000 hp and 25000 mp with 1150 attack. make sure you characters have the best armor you can get.
edit2: you may also want to pick up a strategy guide for the item creation and private actions. even if you never use it for anything else, it's worth it just for that

Last edited by Kamui4356; 2004-10-22 at 16:31.
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 19:56   Link #74
kujoe
from head to heel

Just wondering--does anything significant happen after you collect all those treasures from the Ancient Scrolls? Or is it simply just a list of items to get? And oh, any tips on how to make good use of 'Loot Item'? Who's the ideal character to give it to?

Anyway, I just want to say that I'm still pretty much enjoying this game. I'm already playing my Clear file after getting a Nel ending and it's interesting to note that...

Spoiler:

All in all, a good game. Great battle system, great soundtrack and thank god--character designs which aren't so terribly jarring to the eye!

Spoiler:
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-31, 19:49   Link #75
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Bringing back an old thread from death to ask a question:

Is there really no way to avoid Sophia getting seperated from you in the beginning of Disc 1 all the way until Disc 2?

I just find it odd that she's supposed to be the heroine of the game, and yet is absent for more than half the story.
Old 2007-01-02, 05:41   Link #76
Trance
Translator In Despair
*Fansubber

Yes, it's part of the story, you can't avoid it
Old 2007-01-06, 04:12   Link #77
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

ironically i stIll need tO finish up this game
its a good game its just tHat i lost interest after i got into plAYing Kingdom Hearts!!
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 16:21   Link #78
Trance
Translator In Despair
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
ironically i stIll need tO finish up this game
its a good game its just tHat i lost interest after i got into plAYing Kingdom Hearts!!
I took about 125 hrs to completely finish the game in the US version, still finishing the Japanese version though, gotta love the Japanese voice acting
Old 2007-01-14, 19:21   Link #79
Gatsuuga

i have the game, played 15 hours of it and got bored, that was exactly a year ago to this month, should i bother playing it? im just waiting for future releases now atm, namely spectrobes and final fantasy 12, two similar game genres
Gatsuuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 03:22   Link #80
Trance
Translator In Despair
*Fansubber

It's one of my favorite RPG's of all time, I've completed final fantasy from 7- X2 , but still working on 12 just waiting to finish the exams, but you should go on with Star Ocean, it's really something, especially when there isn't a sequel or anything related to star ocean right now or even announced I think so you can enjoy playing it slowly