Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-07, 17:56   Link #61
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
They were likely to drown because their Ryu's weighed them down. I guess maybe they had a limit to breathe underwater.
Old 2004-01-24, 01:20   Link #62
Dragosmore
Translator

Aaaaaand its what you've been waiting awhile for, part 2 / 3 out of our little saga we have going on! Episode 9 of Ryu Knight is out
Old 2004-02-04, 08:46   Link #63
cercia_highelf
Virtue

Ryu Knight adieus legend

[COLOR=Magenta]
Hello! I love Ryu Knight and have all the episodes in Japanese. Each video contains 3 tv and 1 ova episode, very nice! I just wish they would translate the game. Long live Sarutobi!
Old 2004-02-04, 17:44   Link #64
Dragosmore
Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cercia_highelf
[COLOR=Magenta]
Hello! I love Ryu Knight and have all the episodes in Japanese. Each video contains 3 tv and 1 ova episode, very nice! I just wish they would translate the game. Long live Sarutobi!
From what I've played of the Japanese game, it's basically same thing as the TV series, I only got to where the frog-like creatures were outside the Gigamazon but up until that point, it was all the same. Except for at the beginning...

Spoiler:
Old 2004-02-20, 13:33   Link #65
Dragosmore
Translator

Ryu11 out for all you fans out there. If you haven't started watching this series, now's probably a good time to start. Things starting to roll the big wheels of the series, and its old school and good. :PPP

Spoiler:
Old 2004-02-21, 16:08   Link #66
Valiant

I'm looking for similar anime-series but a tad more serious ones, any advice?

Like Record of Lodoss War and Scrapped Princess for example, thanks in advance.
Old 2004-02-21, 17:12   Link #67
user6177
Account Closed By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant
I'm looking for similar anime-series but a tad more serious ones, .
I like the silly stuff...
Old 2004-02-21, 20:36   Link #68
Valiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDB666
I like the silly stuff...
Well, I think that a too serious one is too much to ask for. But a tad more quality than slayers and no knight robots please. An Ova would be nice. Serious anime is hard to get your hand on, since most is directed at kids I guess, but still.
Old 2004-02-21, 21:45   Link #69
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

I remember seeing an issue of the manga on an Italy vacation some time ago (dunno... around '99/2000, I think) and still remember that I found it quite funny 'n' stuff
So I'll give it a shot - BTing the first episode right now (takes its time... I only have dual Isdn Ordered Dsl some time ago already, but with me living in a somewhat rural suburb of a bigger town, it's not very likely I'll get it anytime soon )
Good to hear that the series will be continued, hanging in mid-air with a half-finished series is not so nice
Old 2004-02-21, 22:11   Link #70
CompShrink
getting in comps' heads

Send a message via AIM to CompShrink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant
Well, I think that a too serious one is too much to ask for. But a tad more quality than slayers and no knight robots please. An Ova would be nice. Serious anime is hard to get your hand on, since most is directed at kids I guess, but still.
Um, you need to watch more anime if you think it's all aimed at kids! Yes, there is alot of kids anime, but there is quite a bit of more mature aimed anime. Last Exile, Gunslinger Girl, Noir, Witch Hunter Robin, Gundam Seed, and Ebichu come to mind. There's more than just hentai for adults (though Ebichu isn't far from hentai, the others are).

And many children aimed anime has deeper meaning if you are an adult and can understand certain things. Jungle wa Itsumo Hale nochi Guu is a very good example of that in my opinion...

Sorry about goign off topic.
Old 2004-02-22, 15:44   Link #71
Valiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompShrink

Um, you need to watch more anime if you think it's all aimed at kids! Yes, there is alot of kids anime, but there is quite a bit of more mature aimed anime. Last Exile, Gunslinger Girl, Noir, Witch Hunter Robin, Gundam Seed, and Ebichu come to mind. There's more than just hentai for adults (though Ebichu isn't far from hentai, the others are).

And many children aimed anime has deeper meaning if you are an adult and can understand certain things. Jungle wa Itsumo Hale nochi Guu is a very good example of that in my opinion...

Sorry about goign off topic.
Yeah, sorry for the off topic. I think the serie is a tad too unserious for me. It doesn't have to be serious, but no robots in medival times ffs. It just ruins it for me. I know there are more serious ones too, just not as many as I hoped. I'm quite newbish still compared to most ppl here.
Old 2004-02-24, 21:32   Link #72
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Thumbs up

I've watched the first episode now and really liked it a lot - just my cup cup of tea!
Also, the fansubbing is very well done! I didn't notice any spelling mistakes or other inconsistencies, and the idea to use different colors to indicate who speaks is great!
Keep up the good work!
Old 2004-03-27, 19:38   Link #73
metachronism

Regarding the "Earth Tear" issue: how it is written in Japanese is absolutely irrelevant. Foreign words that together comprise a proper noun are usually just stuck together in one block. Furthermore, spaces technically don't even exist in Japanese. They are used to make reading easier, but they're not a part of the language syntax like it is in English.

Examples:

"Little Tokyo" -> 「リトルトーキョー」
"Super Mario Brothers" -> 「スーパーマリオブラザーズ」

Also, if might be worth it to note that it is indeed written "Earth Tear" (in English) in the original comic by Takehiko Ito.

So give ol' Dragosmore a break

Just my two cents.

--meta
Old 2004-04-13, 13:32   Link #74
Dragosmore
Translator

I'm just wondering if anyone is still keeping up with this series~ It's really good, but like no one talks about it for even any discussion about episodes whatsoever. Most recently have ben filled with plot, and even a new awesome character recently, sooo~ anyone out there? @_@
Old 2004-04-13, 15:24   Link #75
Enkak
The one who do not know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragosmore
I'm just wondering if anyone is still keeping up with this series~ It's really good, but like no one talks about it for even any discussion about episodes whatsoever. Most recently have ben filled with plot, and even a new awesome character recently, sooo~ anyone out there? @_@
Hi, i just registered to show you support for subbing this show.

Sadly i don't have the bandwith to spare (i have download limits here +_+) to get the 15 episodes you already fansubbed.

But since i love things like Magic Knight Rayearth, Lodoss and the like, at least i can show you support to continue on do it ^^. Maybe i manage to do a trade sometime to get the episodes already out to talk a little about the series, but until then... i can only say continue and good luck
Old 2006-08-24, 09:00   Link #76
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Posting in the thread to say thanks for The Triads continued support for this show. Things are hotting up now with the arrival of the Dooms!
Closed Thread