AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-10-05, 19:09   Link #601
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

OST? Hmm, I don't think so, but no one's really brought it up before...I don't think you'd find it from a quick google, so I have to say the chances aren't likely. Maybe you could find out the specific songs from the end credits of the game, but...I don't think you'll find a list of all of it on the internet if that's what you're looking for, at least not easily.
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 10:37   Link #602
ForbiddenOne

Got what I was looking for . Oddly though, it seems like theres no song number 26 in the files... it just skips that number and continues on to 31.

Try listening to Euphemia's theme on a loop. Its hypnotic.
ForbiddenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 10:52   Link #603
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

You found it? Wow, I guess I didn't really know what I was talking about, then.

By the way, could you give the link to it? I'd like to have it too.
Old 2010-10-07, 18:58   Link #604
ForbiddenOne

K.

Just try not to get distracted by that waltz.

---

Also, did the Pureblood route feel a bit... uhh.. "thin"... to anyone else? Aside from watching Jer- err I mean "Orange", freak out all the time there didn't seem to be as much to it as the other routes.
Old 2010-10-08, 01:56   Link #605
faiz blaster

Since were on the topic of support materials, does anyone knows were I can find the Lost Colors fan's guidebook? You know, the one where the drawings of Rai's face were published.
faiz blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 08:14   Link #606
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
Since were on the topic of support materials, does anyone knows were I can find the Lost Colors fan's guidebook? You know, the one where the drawings of Rai's face were published.
Do you mean this?

Quote:
Also, did the Pureblood route feel a bit... uhh.. "thin"... to anyone else? Aside from watching Jer- err I mean "Orange", freak out all the time there didn't seem to be as much to it as the other routes.
Same, Pureblood felt pretty basic. I have to say Royal Guard was my favorite for Britannian routes.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 12:26   Link #607
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Do you mean this?
OoH! Thanks Arbitres!
I didn't have that guide to Lost Colors, but I do NOW!!!
Old 2010-10-08, 14:20   Link #608
faiz blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
OoH! Thanks Arbitres!
I didn't have that guide to Lost Colors, but I do NOW!!!
Do you think you can scan it and put it for download? You kind of need a credit card to buy things through the internet and there is no way my parents will let me borrow theirs.
Old 2010-10-09, 01:04   Link #609
ForbiddenOne

^ Seconded, although I doubt it'll happen.

In any event, does anyone know if theres a way to beat Nonnette while letting Suzaku get pwnt, or do you need his help in that mock battle to win? I thought I read someplace that its possible to beat her (as opposed to simply having the battle declared over by Cornelia) and that Nonnette says she wouldn't have lost if she had her personal machine.

====

I'm starting to suspect that the Nagisa/Kallen event is either something you can get only if you don't talk too much to Kaguya, or something you can't get on the first playthrough. Gonna start over from the beginning.
Old 2010-10-09, 01:25   Link #610
GundamFan0083

Well ForbiddenOne is correct.

I just talked to KashiKari (a mod here) about this and he/she was kind enough to inform me that posting such a download here is a violation of rule 1.1.
It's too large a scan and it's copyrighted, thus a no-no on these boards.

Sorry guys.
Old 2010-10-13, 22:18   Link #611
ForbiddenOne

W-wait, Rai's Geass works THROUGH KNIGHTMARE FRAME ARMOR? Alternatively, over the radio?
Old 2010-10-14, 04:02   Link #612
faiz blaster

^

No, you have to clearly hear Rai's natural voice for the Geass to take effect, so it won't work if it is obstructed or just relayed through radio.
Old 2010-10-14, 10:00   Link #613
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

That's right. Rai's geass can only work if people hear his natural, unfiltered voice. When it passes through communication devices (cellphones, radios, etc) then it loses the ability.

If you are talking about when he disobeys Zero at Narita and geasses the soldiers, he actually gets out of his knightmare to do that.
Old 2010-10-14, 13:52   Link #614
ForbiddenOne

I was referring to what happens at the end of the JLF route if you side with Todoh over Katase partway through (thats the sub-path that does NOT lead to the Kallen/Nagisa fight). Rai appears to geass some vast numbers of troops while they are still in their knightmares, and presumably while he is still in his.

Or is that not what happens?
Old 2010-10-14, 14:53   Link #615
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForbiddenOne View Post
I was referring to what happens at the end of the JLF route if you side with Todoh over Katase partway through (thats the sub-path that does NOT lead to the Kallen/Nagisa fight). Rai appears to geass some vast numbers of troops while they are still in their knightmares, and presumably while he is still in his.

Or is that not what happens?
Oh, I see. Forgot all about that. Well, since Rai's geass remains unchanged he probably did get out of his frame and command everyone as he did. Though I can't remember if there was that sliding noise (to indicate a door opening/closing, a knightmare opening/closing up, etc) so I'm not sure myself.

Sorry about that Forbidden.
Old 2010-10-14, 17:43   Link #616
ForbiddenOne

But wouldn't all of those pilots still be in THEIR Knightmare frames?

Hmm.

Also, what the hell is going on in Lelouch's Ashford Academy ending? I hear someone I presume is V.V. talking, but the Kanji for the name indicates its a woman...

(I'm doing this from memory, so bear with me)

IIRC she says something like "Running away again?" "Well, it is easier (that way)."

"You still haven't mastered your power."

And then something about being swallowed up by the power and choosing death, or mastering it.

And then I hear C.C.'s side of the conversation, talking to Marianne (C.C. says her name specifically, and saying that "its just that if he does, my plans will go awry", or something, which sounds like shes talking about Lelouch).

I sorta get what happens after that, Lelouch is thinking aloud, Rai shows up and hes overheard that...

--EDIT--

Hey, after experiencing the above scene, I just played through the Geass Route again and I think you're right now.

About V.V. I mean.

1: Although there is some distortion in the voice, the voice that you hear does not seem QUITE like V.V.'s (you can hear him talk in the game) whereas C.C.'s voice is more or less recognizable as hers despite the echoing (although that might be because I've heard her voice so much more often).

2: I only really understood one or two of the symbols, but as far as I can tell in the above mentioned scene it clearly indicates its a woman's voice. Sure, V.V.'s voice is high and all but... yeah...
(I'm referring to the part of the screen where it shows who is speaking).

3: Something struck me this time around. When V.V. sees you on the island for the first time (assuming you didn't get killed by Rolo) he says "Hajimemashite". That struck me as strange, since thats something you'd say to someone you are meeting for the first time. So I called up my mom (she was born and raised in japan, and we go there sometimes to visit relatives) and she confirmed that that is not something to say to someone you already know. Think of that Seinfeld episode with the whole "nice to meet you" schtick with Elaine being offended because someone said something like that to her when they had already met before.

4: On another playthrough (on the ps2 version now, so I wanted to get the videos) I let Rolo kill me and V.V. acts as if he hasn't seen you before, but more importantly like the island is relatively new to him.

4.5: (I'm inserting this after having gotten further down the list and am too lazy to edit the numbers, even though it likely would take less effort than typing out this entire explanation, and explanation of an explanation, and- well, you get the idea :P). At first Kirihara says your DNA matches that of someone from the Royal family about 100 years ago, but then later in the conversation he says "over 100 years", doesn't he? Or is he saying he'll look further back next time?

All of that implies that it is NOT V.V. who gave him geass, as V.V. is only like... what? 63 or so?

Can anyone whose Japanese doesn't suck check the credits or .. I dunno, the fan book mentioned earlier (that already got bought, doh.... anyone know where I can find another one for sale?), or the guide book (I'm sure there was at least one), and see if the voice actor/actress for the "mysterious female voice" is the same as V.V., or if such a voice/character is even listed?

---- edit ----

Wait... during the hostage crisis bit when Rai has a flashback, it says boy/man (even during Lelouch's arc)... and that sounds like V.V. The voice seems to sound a little different.

Am I hallucinating? Or.... or... my head... it hurts :P.

---- edit ----

5: According to Eternal Dreamer's translations and my own (admittedly haphazard) attempts at translating the text, Rai wanted to commit suicide after the disaster with his parents but he "wasn't allowed" to. At first I interpreted that as the geass somehow making him immortal, or at least unable to kill himself.

You pointed out the bit with Rolo (not to mention failures during knightmare battles), which nixed the former possibility, and I had forgotten about the latter, but...

Later, when you are telling C.C. about your past, and that you have remembered everything, she asks what you will do, and Rai says she already knows... He cannot choose death for himself because of the Geass contract, so he will go to sleep before anyone gets hurt by his geass (or something like that).

That to me implies that he simply cannot kill himself, not that he is immortal, nor that his geass contractor physically stopped him.

Although this makes me wonder about that scene where Lelouch threatens himself with a gun to make C.C. do what he wanted (from the anime).

6: Also, after saying "Nice too meet you", V.V. says "Kimi no koto wa subete wakaru". Although ED's translation says "I already know you" doesn't "koto" mean ABOUT?

As in, "I already know ABOUT you?" <-- meaning he found out from C.C. or whatever.

7: Rai did not recognize V.V.. At all.

I'm still not sure if V.V. is the one that was talking to Rai in his bedroom during the Ashford Academy arc, but I'm starting to suspect it wasn't. Well it could have been I guess. I dunno.

And yes, I have way too much free time.

-edit again-

Also, its said explicitly that you were found on Kamine island, and V.V. pretty much confirms this as well since he says "this island really is interesting" after commenting that "an existence like you still remains".

And it confirms that you are royal on both sides (that is, your memories do), and IIRC that you lived in Britannia. That begs the question of why whomever gave you the contract felt the need to bring you ALL THE WAY BACK TO JAPAN to put you to sleep, but I guess then there'd be no story . Well they could have made you rule a kingdom in Japan instead of Britannia...

Or Rai just wanted to be back in the land of his beloved mother.

---

EDIT

---

OMG! In the blue moon route you get that same scene with the mysterious voice talking to you in your bedroom (the one from the ashford academy route) only this time, the voice isn't distorted (the distortion presumably indicates a psychic communication). I noticed that immediately.

Then the camera panned to C.C.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The hell? THE HELL?

---

While we're at it, how did you get that one pic of the Guren and the Lancelot on the same side? It seemed to be from a branch of the JLF route....

---

Hmm, about the Blue Moon route, am I hallucinating or does Kallen give you a different speech when you go to her house, depending on whether or not you followed her into the ghetto? Looks like they put a bit more thought into this than it seemed at first glance. Although the bug with Rivalz is annoying.

... Argh, I can't seem to get C.C. or Nunnally. I know for the former you have to pick the options that dont lead to her expecting (and not recieving) pizza. And for the latter you have to choose the bottom option (let Lelouch go without saying anything) when Lelouch confronts you, but... I still end up with Rivalz :P.

I can only assume there is no Nina ending... Or Viletta, for that matter (at least not in Blue Moon).

Last edited by ForbiddenOne; 2010-10-16 at 00:18.
Old 2010-10-15, 08:11   Link #617
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
While we're at it, how did you get that one pic of the Guren and the Lancelot on the same side? It seemed to be from a branch of the JLF route....
Hmm? On the decisive end of Kuro no Kishidan route you have to geass Suzaku into joining Zero and stand against the SAZ. That shows the Guren and Lancelot together.

And... wow, kudos. You really do have free time. But you definitely elaborated on quite a few things. Good to know since it'd be hard to do otherwise. Explaining about Rai, I mean.

Why Rai was moved to Japan is irrelevant, all of the mysterious doors are connected to Sword of Akasha, as well as the thought elevator. so the team that retrieved Rai was probably stationed in Japan. Or maybe not. Clovis was the one that was working on Code R after all.

And sorry but I can't help with Blue Moon, PSP edition is PSP edition.
Old 2010-10-15, 08:56   Link #618
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Quote:
All of that implies that it is NOT V.V. who gave him geass, as V.V. is only like... what? 63 or so?

5: According to Eternal Dreamer's translations and my own (admittedly haphazard) attempts at translating the text, Rai wanted to commit suicide after the disaster with his parents but he "wasn't allowed" to. At first I interpreted that as the geass somehow making him immortal, or at least unable to kill himself.

You pointed out the bit with Rolo (not to mention failures during knightmare battles), which nixed the former possibility, and I had forgotten about the latter, but...

Later, when you are telling C.C. about your past, and that you have remembered anything, she asks what you will do, and Rai says she already knows... He cannot choose death for himself because of the Geass contract, so he will go to sleep before anyone gets hurt by his geass (or something like that).

That to me implies that he simply cannot kill himself, not that he is immortal, nor that his geass contractor physically stopped him.

Although this makes me wonder about that scene where Lelouch threatens himself with a gun to make C.C. do what he wanted (from the anime).

6: Also, after saying "Nice too meet you", V.V. says "Kimi no koto wa subete wakaru". Although ED's translation says "I already know you" doesn't "koto" mean ABOUT?

As in, "I already know ABOUT you?" <-- meaning he found out from C.C. or whatever.

7: Rai did not recognize V.V.. At all.
...I don't think "free time" is enough to describe all this.

Anyway, I'm glad someone has FINALLY pointed out all these facts confirming that V.V. is NOT Rai's contractor. I'd known about some of these bits of information already, but I'm happy that there was more hints to it throughout the game, as I'd thought that I was reading too much into it. (Since, though V.V. was younger than Rai to be his contractor, I'd worried that the game creators simply hadn't been aware of V.V.'s true origins at the time they made the game, so they'd just put him as the contractor to make it simpler. Wouldn't be the first time a game was skewed from the original story's plot, after all.)

About Rai's "inability to kill himself", I'd originally gotten the feeling that it was because he either felt obligated to fulfill his contract (which is pushing it, I admit), or that his contractor had somehow made him incapable of breaking the contract through the Thought Elevator when he was put to sleep. Though it could also be because, after he killed all his subjects and his family, he really didn't care about whether he died or went to sleep (he said himself that there was no difference between the two) and was too empty at that point to resist his contractor in any way. As for when he regained his memories (in the Geass route, anyway, as that's the only one I've seen), I theorize that, by that time, he had already regained his will to live after spending time and bonding with the student council (the last scenes where he meets them shows how much he's come to care about them) even when he remembered everything, and simply went back to sleep in order to protect them from his Geass, thereby also fulfilling his promise to his contractor to "wait until the time comes". That's my take on it, anyway.

And about that translation where he meets V.V. on the island, I got the same interpretation as you did, but I've always had trouble translating "KOTO" into an English sentence, so it came out like that. And I agree, Rai showed absolutely no recognition when he met him, even though he had regained ALL his memories. Just that pretty much confirms that Rai's contractor was someone else. (Might be the person V.V. got his code from, actually, if they'd given up on Rai after so long, or the contractor could still be out there somewhere, hiding and waiting for the right time to come back to get Rai. That could be part of the plot of a sequel game, actually, though they'd have to bother to make it first. )

And like Arbitres, I'm afraid I can't tell you anything about the Blue Moon route (PSP user). Though Yamiro could help you (has PS2 version).
Old 2010-10-18, 17:29   Link #619
ForbiddenOne

The Geass route thing makes me wonder though... what would happen if your mixed blood were found out in any of the Britannian storylines.

Also, WHY exactly does Viletta love you in her ending (pureblood route)? I don't remember doing anything particularly loveworthy aside from kicking ass in my hawt blue mecha... (excuse me, Knightmare Frame :P).

At least with Kallen you have the shared school life, shared beliefs, common desire to help the Japanese people, etc...
Old 2010-10-18, 17:40   Link #620
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
The Geass route thing makes me wonder though... what would happen if your mixed blood were found out in any of the Britannian storylines.

Also, WHY exactly does Viletta love you in her ending (pureblood route)? I don't remember doing anything particularly loveworthy aside from kicking ass in my hawt blue mecha... (excuse me, Knightmare Frame :P).

At least with Kallen you have the shared school life, shared beliefs, common desire to help the Japanese people, etc...
Villeta...? I never got it either. You saved her from the zergling rush Gun-Ru invasion and was her fellow pure blood, but.... beyond that. I don't see the chemistry either.

....You don't want me to say anything about Rai and Karen relationship... Once I start it's very hard for em to stop. xP Sufficed to say, I've corrupted my fair share of people with Raikare.