AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-06, 19:01   Link #421
Father Hentai

The episode showed one of the best fights in the series. The double heart scenes wakened memories of Milia and Max and the scene where Alto switched from jetfighter to gerwalk somehow reminded the competition scene between Isamu and Guld from M+.
Old 2010-11-06, 19:02   Link #422
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I guess they are our Romeo and Juliet of sorts.

Klan just gets younger when she micronized, right? So in ten years time, would she be the babe she is macronized?

And I prefer her macronized because we get the Revy voice.
Old 2010-11-06, 19:05   Link #423
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Klan just gets younger when she micronized, right?
Not really. We see her child Meltran form later on in a flashback, and she looks like the micron version we see today. For all we know, it might not have been long before she was micronized.

Quote:
I prefer Klan macronized for many reasons. Many. <3
Old 2010-11-06, 19:07   Link #424
Father Hentai

Quote:
Oh really? And I thought "size does not matter" when speaking of Klan˛ ...
Old 2010-11-06, 19:08   Link #425
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
Oh really? And I thought "size does not matter" when speaking of Klan˛ ...
I never mentioned anything about size. It's the voice.
Old 2010-11-07, 02:58   Link #426
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
According to one thing I read (although I can't remember if it was in "Perfect Triangle" or the Roman Album), it said that Michael had a (rather convenient) genetic disease of his own which would kill him if he macronized.
Well, that is very plot-convenient. What writers don't do for some drama.

Quote:
And yes, he is part-Zentradi, with some Zolan blood mixed in. First mentioned, I blieve, in the novelization, then confirmed in Macross Chronicle (among other sources).
Thanks, that's good to know. Quite the family the LeBlancs must have been, before whatever happened to them to leave Michael and his sister orphans.
Old 2010-11-07, 04:44   Link #427
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Thanks, that's good to know. Quite the family the LeBlancs must have been, before whatever happened to them to leave Michael and his sister orphans.
Michael does give of that aura that he doesn't have any money problems . Shame we never find out what happened to his parents.
Old 2010-11-07, 05:00   Link #428
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
According to one thing I read (although I can't remember if it was in "Perfect Triangle" or the Roman Album), it said that Michael had a (rather convenient) genetic disease of his own which would kill him if he macronized.

And yes, he is part-Zentradi, with some Zolan blood mixed in. First mentioned, I blieve, in the novelization, then confirmed in Macross Chronicle (among other sources).
I should go and read all of that material...orz

Quote:
I never mentioned anything about size. It's the voice.
Speaking of Toyoguchi Megumi, I was just listening to the 66th radio show where she guested, and she notes that the low voice is one she doesn't have much confidence in (like, at the audition, she'd think: ah, I screwed that one up, only to find to her surprise that she scored the role), so she found voicing macronized Klan, especially when she's serious, pretty difficult.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 05:40   Link #429
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Speaking of Toyoguchi Megumi, I was just listening to the 66th radio show where she guested, and she notes that the low voice is one she doesn't have much confidence in (like, at the audition, she'd think: ah, I screwed that one up, only to find to her surprise that she scored the role), so she found voicing macronized Klan, especially when she's serious, pretty difficult.
That's pretty interesting, and would probably be the reason why she doesn't go for many roles that would have her using such a voice.
Old 2010-11-07, 11:58   Link #430
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
That's pretty interesting, and would probably be the reason why she doesn't go for many roles that would have her using such a voice.
Yeah, thanks for that tidbit of into. This is why I love going on forums...none of this stuff makes it out of Japan.

And I do love most of her voice roles, but her low "Revy" voice is so bad ass.
Old 2010-11-08, 08:37   Link #431
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

1000% FACTUAL LINER NOTES (Episode 4)

Kawamori's Commentary
#04 - Miss Macross
Script: Hiroyuki Yoshino / Storyboard: Kazuki Akane / Production: Takahiro Majima / Art Direction: Ryouma Ebata
The main points here are really Ranka singing "My Boyfriend is a Pilot" and Klan Klang. Because Klan's destructive power had been assumed from the beginning, it was decided not to put her in the first three episodes. For the "My Boyfriend is~" section, the young animators took charge. Thanks to these artists, the characters move swiftly, even in something like a singing scene, which is usually rather restrained (laughs).

Macross Check! (from DVD Vol. 2 Booklet)
1. The VF-25 rising on the elevator is an homage to the opening of the original Macross series. [NOTE: one bit they DON'T point out is the DYRL reference when Alto takes off. In DYRL, an unnamed guy says, "All systems green, good luck to the recruits," and Hikaru responds with a quick (and Engrishy) "Sankyu!" The same thing happens in Frontier, with one of the bridge bunnies saying, "Good luck, Skull 4," and Alto responding (with much better pronunciation), "Thank you."]

2. "My Boyfriend Is a Pilot" is of course Minmay's first single. The DVD notes point out the heart created by Klan's and Alto's trails, as Ranka sings "He traces two big hearts." [NOTE: Another bit they miss mentioning is that the winner of the Miss Macross contest, Miranda Merin, has the same last name as Jamis Merin, the famous actress who lost the original Miss Macross Contest way back in 2009.]
Old 2010-11-08, 08:56   Link #432
Father Hentai

So the dogfight between Klan and Alto is not a memento to the battle between Milia and Max?
Old 2010-11-08, 08:59   Link #433
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
1000% FACTUAL LINER NOTES (Episode 4)

Kawamori's Commentary
#04 - Miss Macross
Script: Hiroyuki Yoshino / Storyboard: Kazuki Akane / Production: Takahiro Majima / Art Direction: Ryouma Ebata
The main points here are really Ranka singing "My Boyfriend is a Pilot" and Klan Klang. Because Klan's destructive power had been assumed from the beginning, it was decided not to put her in the first three episodes. For the "My Boyfriend is~" section, the young animators took charge. Thanks to these artists, the characters move swiftly, even in something like a singing scene, which is usually rather restrained (laughs).

Macross Check! (from DVD Vol. 2 Booklet)
1. The VF-25 rising on the elevator is an homage to the opening of the original Macross series. [NOTE: one bit they DON'T point out is the DYRL reference when Alto takes off. In DYRL, an unnamed guy says, "All systems green, good luck to the recruits," and Hikaru responds with a quick (and Engrishy) "Sankyu!" The same thing happens in Frontier, with one of the bridge bunnies saying, "Good luck, Skull 4," and Alto responding (with much better pronunciation), "Thank you."]

2. "My Boyfriend Is a Pilot" is of course Minmay's first single. The DVD notes point out the heart created by Klan's and Alto's trails, as Ranka sings "He traces two big hearts." [NOTE: Another bit they miss mentioning is that the winner of the Miss Macross contest, Miranda Merin, has the same last name as Jamis Merin, the famous actress who lost the original Miss Macross Contest way back in 2009.]
So many cool references and homages. If makes you appreciate how much thought they put into all of this.

I like the tidbit about Merin. I bet that family entered the Miss Macross contest every single year.

I am glad Ranka didn't win...it would have been really cliche if she did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
So the dogfight between Klan and Alto is not a memento to the battle between Milia and Max?
Wouldn't Klan and Michael be our Milia and Max?
Old 2010-11-08, 09:06   Link #434
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
I am glad Ranka didn't win...it would have been really cliche if she did.
Yeah...only the first of several fake-outs where the staff say, "Oh, so you've seen the original series and you think you know where we're going with this, eh? Well, WATCH THIS!"

...but more about THAT when we hit episode 17...
Old 2010-11-08, 09:09   Link #435
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I wanna get to episode 17 nowwww....aaghh!

What's fun about this is I forgot so many little details since I only watched this once, when it first aired.
Old 2010-11-08, 09:16   Link #436
Father Hentai

Quote:
Not in general.

Ozma for example is Skul Squadron Leader but compared to Roy Fokker he was only near death but did not die.

Cathy is somehow dressed like Misa, but she is not the female protagonist.

Going to episode 25 the combined fighting Maneuver remindes of Miria and Max fighting together in Macross 7 series.

The scenes are in MF but they are not 1:1 similar to the original series or the movies.
Old 2010-11-08, 12:56   Link #437
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Michael isn't as nowhere near as awesome as Max. My opinion, don't flame me =) *hides*
Old 2010-11-08, 13:01   Link #438
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Oh man i love the launch references from DYRL. Makes me smile so much.

Quote:
There's some huge differences, though it's as close as we're gonna get to a Milia and Max in Macross Frontier. They won't have as many Children as them though. ;_______;
Old 2010-11-08, 13:02   Link #439
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Michael isn't as nowhere near as awesome as Max. My opinion, don't flame me =) *hides*
I... agree with... you. Max is... mu -- I'm sorry but your sig is just way too distracting. I'm getting lost in it.

Okay, Max is much cooler.
Old 2010-11-08, 13:13   Link #440
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
I'm sorry but your sig is just way too distracting. I'm getting lost in it.
Bah...Nanase's body with Sheryl's face slapped on... grumble grumble

Tags
macross frontier, re-watch