AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-10-24, 15:37   Link #81
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes_fan View Post
Heero lost in the first episode. Remember he pretty much had to abandon Wing Zero. I call that a loss. Had it not been for Duo the thing would have been at the bottom of the sea.
Zechs abandon his Gundam in the first episode too, did he lost?
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-24, 15:42   Link #82
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
Quote:
Heero lost in the first episode. Remember he pretty much had to abandon Wing Zero. I call that a loss. Had it not been for Duo the thing would have been at the bottom of the sea.
I wouldn't consider it a loss, Zechs more over sacrificed his Leo to force zero one to free fall and hit the water, it didn't actually really destroy the gundam it just forced heero to change his plans
fuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-24, 18:14   Link #83
Sasuke_Bateman
No

I may sound like a Heerotard but it's just that he's the greatest and best thing ever.
Old 2007-10-24, 23:59   Link #84
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

Nope Zechs didn't lose. Difference in objectives. Heero's mission severely compromised. Zechs loses a grunt suit. Losing a shitty Leo vs losing an overpowered Gundam, I'd make that trade any day. Zechs wins.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26308
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 06:05   Link #85
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Quote:
Nope Zechs didn't lose. Difference in objectives. Heero's mission severely compromised. Zechs loses a grunt suit. Losing a shitty Leo vs losing an overpowered Gundam, I'd make that trade any day. Zechs wins.
But he didn't lose it thus making his attempted fail.
Old 2007-10-25, 07:34   Link #86
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
I'm ok with the fact it had wings, feathers not so much. Sorry OMG it looks like an angel doesn't work for me. Looks cool maybe but about as functional as tits on a bull
I never watched Gundam for it's realism though. <,< If where talking about functionality the whole concept of standing human like robots is bullshit.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 10:56   Link #87
CrisisDarkerXIV

The only thing I liked about Gundam Wing was when HeavyArms goes RAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT with his Gatling gun.
The Gundams were pretty creative too. Not just your bread-and-butter beam rifle, shield, head machine guns, and beam sabers.
CrisisDarkerXIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 10:59   Link #88
CrisisDarkerXIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
I never watched Gundam for it's realism though. <,< If where talking about functionality the whole concept of standing human like robots is bullshit.
Who knows, in a matter of a century, it'll probably make its own corps in militarizes.
It's not too crazy if you think about it.
Who wants to bet that either Korea or Japan would make the first Mobile Suit?
CrisisDarkerXIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 15:30   Link #89
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisisDarkerXIV View Post
Who knows, in a matter of a century, it'll probably make its own corps in militarizes.
It's not too crazy if you think about it.
Who wants to bet that either Korea or Japan would make the first Mobile Suit?
No it is crazy. Any tank or fighter jet would rock the shit out of it.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 15:38   Link #90
Virtue
Banned

Zechs tried to kill the pilot with the "free-falling" Gundam. And it almost had if it wasn't for Relena(I think she found him washed up on the beach)
Virtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 16:27   Link #91
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
That was the WING, not the WING ZERO.

BIG difference there, buddy. And yes, Zechs = rox.
Old 2007-10-29, 16:13   Link #92
VMSAWRSMSZ006Z
Beck Mongolian Chop Squad

Send a message via AIM to VMSAWRSMSZ006Z Send a message via Yahoo to VMSAWRSMSZ006Z
Good job Demongod86 for setting people straight. Wing Zero would've won easily. And if it was Wing Zero that had been on the first episode that would mean that Heero had already mastered the Zero System. Which would make him UBER. Almost infallible.

Anyway, Zechs said it himself. He lost. He lost two "valuable" soldiers and wasn't able to destroy the Gundam.

Heero survives to live another day and later to recover his Gundam.

Despite the fact that it was Duo who found Wing Gundam, it was still a win situation again for Heero. He didn't have to go looking for it, and he was able to steal parts from Duo as well.
VMSAWRSMSZ006Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 00:39   Link #93
Axilon
The goggles do nothing.

Its all TellGeese III. Nothing else matter... such a Gundam... oh its beauty cannot be rationalized.
Axilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-02, 10:33   Link #94
mdauben

Why? Well, I guess I have a few reasons why I personally liked Gundam Wing.
  • Yeah, it was the first Gundam I watched (back on CN) so it was my introduction to the whole mecha genre. As such it holds a special place in my anime collection.
  • The mecha designs in the series remain some of my favorite. The actual Gundams were all distinctly different, with different looks and fighting styles, and even the "grunt" mecha, were all very creative and unique.
  • There is lots of action, some personal drama, but not too much angst (Quatra's little OTT episode can't compare to never ending fountain of emo that was Shinn Asuka, for example)
  • While I would not rate it the best anime ever, or even the best Gundam anime ever, even years after I first saw it I still enjoy watching it and will do so at least once a year.
To me, those are reasons enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I shop around the world for hobby goods, and even those not located in Japan, SEED kits are most definitely prioritized over Wing by a significant margin. Of course, UC kits remain popular in many cases.
Remember thought, that Seed is much more conteporary than Wing. Gundam Wing was originally broadcast in Japan over a decade ago, and even the US broadcast was 6-7 years ago. That's a whole generation ago in anime fandom terms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atilim View Post
Simple, most wing watchers don't watch anything else then Gundam Wing.
This is probably often true, but not always. At the risk of being branded a heritic, I enjoyed Wing (with all it's flaws, which I am well aware of) better than I did most of the UC shows I have seen. It's just a matter of taste, I suppose. Still just becuase I like Wing does not mean I have to hate UC, and I never quite understand why so many UC fans feel they have to hate Wing.

Quote:
But come on Wing Zero Custom had feathers!
Yeah, but that was just in Endless Waltz, wasn't it? The mecha designs took a definetly turn for the worse in that movie, at least IMO.

In fact, after all this talk, I think I'll pull out my Wing disks, and watch it again this weekend.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-02, 14:49   Link #95
Virtue
Banned

Maaaan, the Custom was such a downgrade.

Heavyarms Custom was the only one that I considered an upgrade.

Transformable Original Wing Zero FTW!!!!
Virtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 17:49   Link #96
MooMooFarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
i thought it was a nice series with realistic protagonist and cool gundams and it was the first gundam series ive ever seen
You mean Heero Yuey or what's his face? Realistic? Forgive me for believing a gundam pilot is some silent kid who can't show emotions and wears a green tank top and shorts for half a series and still gets the girl though as annoying as she is and still saves the world.

If by realistic you mean introduction of protagonists who are mellow and emo and what not, yes. Stuff like Witch Hunter Robin and not what really took off after GW I would think. The dubs just soared it to a level even drugs can't take you. Like WOWWWW CAN YOU BE MORE ROBOT? T_T

But it could be just the dubs! I never watched GW in subs except the movie. And well, dubs ruin everything. Even parody stuff like Slayers couldn't really do dubs well, though better then most.
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 22:50   Link #97
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist

Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooFarm View Post
But it could be just the dubs! I never watched GW in subs except the movie. And well, dubs ruin everything. Even parody stuff like Slayers couldn't really do dubs well, though better then most.

No, it's not just the dubs. At the very least, in Dynasty Warriors Gundam, he sounds just an unenthusiastic in Japanese as he does in English. And dubs don't ruin everything. True, most otaku prefer Japanese to English just because the Japanese actors play the character better, but with the shows I've watched back in the day, like Gundam Wing, Robotech, and DBZ, the English dubs are the first versions I've heard, and have become my preferred, because they best fit the characters to how I first saw them. To this day, I still prefer to watch 08th MS in English, because I just like them more. Besides, I'm sure a good amount of the anime you've seen has been introduced to you in English, so while making fun of bad dubs, try to be appreciative of the better dubs, and try to be a bit more open minded.

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-07, 21:33   Link #98
The Blacknoah
Maniacal Dictator

Message from the Blacknoah:

Because it was the first Gundam show we mainstream anime fans saw. If it weren't for this series, the average anime fan wouldn't give a damn about Fin funnels, Gundam Fights or Phase shift armors. It was the series that showed other people that "there is an anime called Gundam, it's cool, and it has cool ancestors". Granted, the storyline ain't as good as Gundam SEED or the original Gundam (we can all blame Releena for that), but if you think of it, if Wing never made any mainstream success, the Gundam series would just end up just like Challenge of the Gobots (which has been completely forgotten & considered non-existent in the face of TV).

Don't bash the series that made it happen. Don't like it? Then don't watch it. But the rest of us Wing fans would like to differ.
The Blacknoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-07, 21:39   Link #99
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blacknoah View Post
Don't bash the series that made it happen. Don't like it? Then don't watch it. But the rest of us Wing fans would like to differ.
Wow, how incredibly defensive.

But maybe you should consider that it was the series that made it happen because it was the first Gundam series to air in the US, which does not necessarily mean it's the best or even good, nor does it mean that it was the only Gundam series that could have started the US franchise. The same thing could have happened had they aired Gundam X in the US first. (which they still haven't aired, yes I know, but I'm saying if they had)
Old 2007-11-07, 22:10   Link #100
The Blacknoah
Maniacal Dictator

Message from the Blacknoah:

That my friend, is in the US. How about us who are "outside" the US (or Japan, for that matter)?

I sounded defensive, huh? For that, I apologize, but I just can't stand the fact that some are bashing it to the point of being cursed to death. Gundam Wing would also have had a decent story line, if it weren't for it's $#%^#%#$ producers who just wanted to rake in the cash.
The Blacknoah is offline   Reply With Quote