AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-28, 17:54   Link #41
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqsauced View Post
I'm convinced now. The watch is there because Sana is a cutter. Episode 8 sold me to it.

Spoiler:

If the watch turns out to be there for some other different reason, I'll be surprised, since all the clues lead to him attempting suicide.

There's still the possibility that something happened to his friend, and the watch is related to that.
Old 2007-11-28, 21:03   Link #42
Kristen
*Author

Spoiler for School Days:

Yeah, SD isn't happening. I don't think that station will ever allow a show like SD in that slot again. Especially because Sana is caring, people apologize to each other, discuss their problems, and work things out with each other. Also, considering that there is absolutely no build up or negative changes in any of the character, no motive, and every character seems reasonable, it just seems impossible.

So, here's some actual speculation:
1. Sana attempted suicide
2. Nanaka's uncle is a hitman
3. The grandma hired Nanaka's uncle to burn her house down, because she got into a fight with her mother
4. Hinako is Nanaka's sister, sent away at an early age to be raised, and abandoned after the fire
5. Aoi has been hiding something very important this entire time
6. Syuri has been beaten ever since her mother died, just like her mother used to
7. Syuri's mother died from a beating

If any of these are correct, I'd be shocked. But hey, you never know. Especially since nobody except the producers and developers of the game don't know the plot.
Old 2007-11-29, 01:07   Link #43
Major1138

I first thought Sana was trying to hide the fact that he's a cutter, but now I'm not so sure. Nanaka's line before the ominous zoom on the watch was something about how he was enjoying himself with new friends and whatnot.

While it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility it's hiding a scar or something, my guess now would be that something bad happened to one of his new friends and the watch reminds him of that. He mentioned on the phone call to his mom at the end of the episode that he can become stronger because he now has something to protect (in this case, Nanaka). Maybe he feels that he wasn't strong enough before to prevent something bad from happening?

As for who started the fire at Nanaka's house - they seem to be dropping huge hints that it's her uncle, but it all seems way too obvious to me. I do think that her uncle is somewhat right in that the truth won't be pleasant for her - not to say she shouldn't find out, but I suspect he's deliberately keeping the truth from her because he thinks he's protecting her.

Not sure what's up with the twins, although their step-mother is clearly a source of friction there.

Something seems to be up with Asami as well - they certainly focused in on her seeing Syuri cry and that seemed to upset visibly upset her for some reason.

Not sure how the crazy old lady will fit in, although the fact she seems to think Nanaka looks like her dead granddaughter is probably how they'll do it. But even so, all she's done so far is act really creepy and apparently bury animals to try and make the legend of the sakura trees come true. It just seems so out of place compared with everyone else's storylines.
Old 2007-11-29, 10:15   Link #44
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major1138 View Post
I first thought Sana was trying to hide the fact that he's a cutter, but now I'm not so sure. Nanaka's line before the ominous zoom on the watch was something about how he was enjoying himself with new friends and whatnot.
And showing the watch on his wrist, which would be hiding the scares --- it would show that he wasn't away having fun with friends.

I pretty certain that's what the watch is aiming at, especially after that scene at the pool --- his pause, and reason for leaving it on. Episode 10 looks like it'll deal with the twins --- then after that leaves three episodes left to cover Sana.
Old 2007-11-29, 17:21   Link #45
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I pretty certain that's what the watch is aiming at, especially after that scene at the pool --- his pause, and reason for leaving it on. Episode 10 looks like it'll deal with the twins --- then after that leaves three episodes left to cover Sana.
Two episodes: this is a 12-episode series.
Old 2007-11-29, 17:50   Link #46
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Two episodes: this is a 12-episode series.
13 episodes. I have 3 sources:
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...anime&aid=5435
http://www.mahou.org/Showtime/?o=ET
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=8507
Old 2007-11-30, 08:36   Link #47
JokerD

All right, time for new speculations:

1. The uncle did NOT set the fire but knows who did it and is keeping quiet in case the REAL killer comes after Nanaka.

2. The REAL killer is the old lady in the home, who will come after Nanaka anyway. (she a real psycho btw)

3. Grandma will come after Nanaka with a chopper while all bloody, forcing Sana to overcome his fear of blood to save Nanaka.

4. In the process get stuck in a fire (sets by old lady, meant for Nanaka) forcing Nanaka to overcome the pyro-phobia to save Sana.

5. Motive for old lady is Nanaka's violin. She's a better player than her grandkid so she did it to kill off the competition. Ironically. the whole family got killed while traveling to a violin competition so she's somewhat responsible to the deaths..

....Or maybe not
Old 2007-12-01, 01:03   Link #48
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

New theory!

Spoiler for ep 9:
Old 2007-12-01, 01:37   Link #49
DanielSong39

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
All right, time for new speculations:

1. The uncle did NOT set the fire but knows who did it and is keeping quiet in case the REAL killer comes after Nanaka.

2. The REAL killer is the old lady in the home, who will come after Nanaka anyway. (she a real psycho btw)

3. Grandma will come after Nanaka with a chopper while all bloody, forcing Sana to overcome his fear of blood to save Nanaka.

4. In the process get stuck in a fire (sets by old lady, meant for Nanaka) forcing Nanaka to overcome the pyro-phobia to save Sana.

5. Motive for old lady is Nanaka's violin. She's a better player than her grandkid so she did it to kill off the competition. Ironically. the whole family got killed while traveling to a violin competition so she's somewhat responsible to the deaths..

....Or maybe not
Not sure about 1, 2 ,3, or 4, but I can tell you right off the bat that 5 is absolutely out. Nanaka cannot win a violin competition with her current skills... I've seen many players younger than her that can play extremely advanced pieces. Heck, I was a far better player than Nanaka when I was 10, and I had zero hope of winning any competitions. There are some scary good players out there...
Old 2007-12-04, 04:01   Link #50
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I think Sana killed a friend... or saw a friend mentally break down and killed someone, and he in order to do some prevention, he in turn killed that crazy killer friend... that watch was a gift of that friend.
Old 2007-12-04, 04:11   Link #51
Itadakimasu!
tsun tsun lover

Send a message via MSN to Itadakimasu!
haha all this killing ... i can understand the suicide theories, but killing a friend? a bit out there..
Old 2007-12-04, 05:56   Link #52
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
New theory!

Spoiler for ep 9:
My basic idea is similar to yours: I think the uncle is related to the fire, but not the one who started the fire.
Old 2007-12-05, 19:56   Link #53
Kristen
*Author

1. Shuri's father gets put in jail for child abuse
2. Nanaka and Sana admit what they've been hiding to eachother, creating an inseperable bond
3. The old lady is jailed and dies in the jail
4. The sakura trees bloom on both hills this year
5. Hinako gets adopted by the teacher, because she is an orphan or something close to it.

Maybe?
Old 2007-12-05, 22:42   Link #54
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

I came here to say something and it's already been said !

Oh well I'll say it anyway. The watch is hiding scars from self inflicted wounds in a suicide attempt. That's my theory and i'm stickin' to it.
Old 2007-12-06, 01:36   Link #55
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
1. Shuri's father gets put in jail for child abuse
5. Hinako gets adopted by the teacher, because she is an orphan or something close to it.
He hasn't done enough for it to count as "child abuse". We've only seen two hits (of course, there probably was more), but if what he's done is enough for jail, a lot of parents would have gone there.

Hinako isn't an orphan. Her mom just has to work a lot.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-12-06, 03:33   Link #56
DanielSong39

Some wild and crazy ideas:

1. Nanaka and Asami switched personalities at a young age (would explain Nanaka's change AND Asami's resemblance to a young Nanaka)
2. Sana tried to kill someone when he was younger (hence the trauma to blood)
3. Shuusuke and Shuri go to a love motel (what was the prankster trying to do; give them new ideas?)
4. Sana is inspired by Shuusuke and Shuri, and tries to hit it off with his own relative, Aoi (He did fancy her while they were younger...)
5. Shuusuke and Shuri's father lose the election; Vice Principal is shown to be a crook... allowing Yuzuki to become the new mayor!
6. Nanaka will try to kill her uncle (with fire the most likely weapon of choice)
7. Anime ends with Nanaka and a saw, Asami and a butcher knive, and Shuusuke/Shuri and a leap from a tall building
Old 2007-12-06, 03:47   Link #57
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post

1. Nanaka and Asami switched personalities at a young age (would explain Nanaka's change AND Asami's resemblance to a young Nanaka)
2. Sana tried to kill someone when he was younger (hence the trauma to blood)
3. Shuusuke and Shuri go to a love motel (what was the prankster trying to do; give them new ideas?)
4. Sana is inspired by Shuusuke and Shuri, and tries to hit it off with his own relative, Aoi (He did fancy her while they were younger...)
5. Shuusuke and Shuri's father lose the election; Vice Principal is shown to be a crook... allowing Yuzuki to become the new mayor!
6. Nanaka will try to kill her uncle (with fire the most likely weapon of choice)
7. Anime ends with Nanaka and a saw, Asami and a butcher knive, and Shuusuke/Shuri and a leap from a tall building
Very twisted......
Old 2007-12-06, 14:18   Link #58
Saleh
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post

Speculation -

1) Perhaps Asami resembles childhood Nanaka (on the outside) because she is trying to become "Mary Sue". She detests her own real personality. She would try to help/comfort others and seek comfort in her own actions (unless she becomes entangled in those strings of ...). Yet I would say that childhood Nanaka and grown up (partially voilent) don't resemble at all. Childhood Nanaka had those qualities because innocent & inexperienced. Asami's outer personality resembles Nanaka because Asami aspires to someday gain those qualities.

7) I still believe that Anime has an happy ending even after that amusing card they played to get some attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Very twisted......
Yes, they are .
Old 2007-12-07, 19:19   Link #59
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
He hasn't done enough for it to count as "child abuse". We've only seen two hits (of course, there probably was more), but if what he's done is enough for jail, a lot of parents would have gone there.

Hinako isn't an orphan. Her mom just has to work a lot.
Or so she says. There is something about her that makes me think that she is an orphan living on her own, but she just won't admit it.
Old 2007-12-09, 01:36   Link #60
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

The crazy grandma's name is "Kaji". "Kaji" also means "destructive fire" in Japanese, coincidence?