AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-06, 11:28   Link #41
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Ya, you just never see him transform into it in the anime.

IIRC, he transform into his human form in vol 7 in the manga.
Old 2004-04-15, 00:14   Link #42
miloy2k

Misha is soo kawaii..

hmm looks like anime aren't tally with manga ..
Old 2004-04-15, 00:49   Link #43
Iskandar Taib

How would you rate the two fansubs? The Hikari no Kiseki one is excellent, I haven't watched the Spectre Anime one. HnK's isn't complete yet, however.
Old 2004-04-15, 05:39   Link #44
bluemist
i am the mist

Both fansubs are okay, my Pitaten fansubs here are a mix of both.
Old 2004-05-04, 10:33   Link #45
Don Eunuch
Lin Er

Dear forum members.

Can you tell me why this show is titled Pita Ten?

Thank you very much in advance.
Old 2004-05-04, 10:48   Link #46
cindialai
Tsukimori

Send a message via MSN to cindialai
i saw the translated title for pita-ten in chinese which mean cling angel or something like that... Misha clinging on to kotaro
Old 2004-05-04, 22:24   Link #47
Iskandar Taib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Eunuch
Dear forum members.

Can you tell me why this show is titled Pita Ten?

Thank you very much in advance.
It's posted somewhere else in this thread. It's short for "Pittari Tenshi" - an angel who clings, which describes Misha.
Old 2004-05-04, 23:25   Link #48
Don Eunuch
Lin Er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskandar Taib
It's posted somewhere else in this thread. It's short for "Pittari Tenshi" - an angel who clings, which describes Misha.
I search the thread before asking and couldn't find it. And still can't, must be my bad english.
Old 2004-05-05, 15:56   Link #49
Itlandm
Porcupine

I can't help but compare this anime to "Happy World", as both have the same basic plot idea: Inexperienced angel becomes human girl to stay close to grumpy boy and protect him from sadness, but actually cause great embarassment.

After watching the first episode of "Happy World" I wrote a glowing review because of the show's potential. Then in episode two of that show instead of toning down the ecchi fanservice, they toned down everything else and left me deeply disappointed.

In contrast, Pita Ten is very humble, starting off as a simple children's anime (although one for older children). Yet it pulls off the plot much better. Yes, the characters are stereotypes, but they are given enough personality to do the job. And better yet, we get to know a little more about them now and then.

The series hardly soars to touch its mythical potential, but neither does it fall down in the gutter. It fulfills its promise to be a humorous series about a bunch of kids on the last steps of childhood, and it does it very well.

I enjoyed the songs also, to the point that I would probably have bought the CD if it had been for sale in my country (Norway).
Old 2004-05-05, 18:01   Link #50
Yogo_Pogo
A laughing demonic Skull

I REALLY like Pita ten! where is the manga i want to read it, en français de préférence! My favorite characters are Dai-chan and Shia(my avatar). I found the sister of Misha so funny especially when she battles with the cat. I want to hire Koboshi has my bodygard, i'm sure she'll do a great job.

The mangaka is doing doushinji of harry potter too. I saw some art, it's beautiful!
Old 2004-05-05, 23:05   Link #51
Iskandar Taib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogo_Pogo
I REALLY like Pita ten! where is the manga i want to read it, en français de préférence! My favorite characters are Dai-chan and Shia(my avatar). I found the sister of Misha so funny especially when she battles with the cat. I want to hire Koboshi has my bodygard, i'm sure she'll do a great job.

The mangaka is doing doushinji of harry potter too. I saw some art, it's beautiful!
Don't know about en français, but you can order the English translations from various places such as amazon.com.

Iskandar
Old 2004-05-06, 20:47   Link #52
Itlandm
Porcupine

Tonight I've ordered the first three volumes of the manga from Amazon.uk. Who said fansubs only lead to lost income for the publisher? ^_^

(That said, my apartment is more chaotic than Misha's was before Shia-chan moved in. Those books won't be visible long in here...)
Old 2004-05-06, 23:36   Link #53
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm
Who said fansubs only lead to lost income for the publisher? ^_^
I agree. I easily bought a lot before fansubs, but I've probubly easily trippled or quadupled my purchases since getting into fansubs. I've bought so much anime since getting into fansubs, I think it's gonna drive me into the poor house.
Old 2004-05-20, 12:50   Link #54
FiRe_RoSe82
SaKuRa-HiMe

Send a message via Yahoo to FiRe_RoSe82
Does anyone has problem downloading pita ten series frm Spectre Anime grp??
Old 2004-05-25, 03:16   Link #55
Itlandm
Porcupine

I got the Spectre fansub on bittorrent with no problems. Of course it took some time, with all the episodes at once, but I experienced no technical difficulties.

On another bright note, the 3 first volumes of the manga have arrived. I am surprised by how closely the anime follows the manga, compared to some other series. Still, I don't regret getting it.
Old 2004-05-27, 04:55   Link #56
Fourth_Hokage_Legacy

last episode for me:)

I just need the last episode its so sad who lovs Shia here
Old 2004-05-27, 16:32   Link #57
mayukhers112
Mahou Shonen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogo_Pogo
:Yes: I Love Harry Potter and I LOVE Koge-Donbo's art!! Here's a link To Harry Potter....

http://www5e.biglobe.ne.jp/~haripota/
Old 2004-05-27, 17:38   Link #58
Itlandm
Porcupine

Shia is my favorite demon! ^_^
I was surprised to see in the manga there seemed to be more feelings between Shia-chan and Kotarou-kun. (I only have the first three books, but that's how it looks so far.) In the anime I feel that Shia becomes a bit too simple, she is just the cook much of the time. In the manga she says and does some more important things.

Also in the anime I did not really understand why Shia suddenly moved in with Misha. In the manga it is much clearer, a dramatic and touching event.
Old 2004-05-29, 01:05   Link #59
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm
I am surprised by how closely the anime follows the manga, compared to some other series.
That's funny, because the PitaTen anime didn't even remotely follow the manga. Not in anyone's wildest dreams. (They may have taken some random elements from random chapters, but storywise they diverged somewhere in the first book.)
Old 2004-05-30, 10:09   Link #60
Itlandm
Porcupine

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCreator
That's funny, because the PitaTen anime didn't even remotely follow the manga. Not in anyone's wildest dreams. (They may have taken some random elements from random chapters, but storywise they diverged somewhere in the first book.)
Hmm, I found that they used most of the scenes from the manga and very little else, they just moved parts around and introduced the characters at other times. The anime also is more "family friendly" ... for instance in the manga, the flying dream (?) occurs while Kotarou-kun and Misha are both drunk. Also in the anime there is no biting and licking ... (The rest of you ready to get the manga now? ^_^)

Also in the very start of the story I see Misha's opening line is translated in the English manga as "Please go out with me!" which would explain Kotarou-kun's panic. When I first saw the fansubbed anime, I wondered why he was so freaked out. Sure, the girl looked weird but not that scary.

I only have 3 volumes though, and it seems like the story moves more and more apart over time, so perhaps it gets totally different in the end. (Does the manga still go on?)
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, loli, magical girl, shounen