AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-11-10, 15:37   Link #21
Deathscyther

Good chapter. Things are really moving along fast. I'm getting really excited about this war.

Lol @ Sai's birds being Konoha's air force. Will everyone on those birds crash if Sai is killed in battle now? =o
Old 2010-11-10, 15:42   Link #22
Ermes Marana

I hate Edo Tensei and I was hoping it wouldn't play a big part in the story.

So not liking this at all. At the very least, they shouldn't have their personalities.
Ermes Marana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 15:47   Link #23
Ero-Senn1n

There seem to be some missing people. Where is the mist's kage, that sexy&deadly woman ? Where are the two guys who were helping Danzou and were absorbed by Madara?

The strange signs on Naruto's body seem like some unfinished symbol. Maybe Naruto in kyuubi mode is half way, but when he also activates sage mode the other half if those signs will appear. Because currently only the rinnegan-sage necklace seems complete, the drawings on Naruto's body seem to be only half done.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 15:58   Link #24
ibexwalya

I don't for some reason I am feeling less and less interest in the Naruto series. My feelings I have had for it long ago are being withdrawn. I feel like the current chapters are child's play and don't necessarily uphold the expectations I series had from the beginning. Gaara's speech seems the more ridiculous, it was like an over used cliches and more of a rally cry than a war speech. Very disappointed.
ibexwalya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 16:13   Link #25
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibexwalya View Post
I don't for some reason I am feeling less and less interest in the Naruto series. My feelings I have had for it long ago are being withdrawn. I feel like the current chapters are child's play and don't necessarily uphold the expectations I series had from the beginning. Gaara's speech seems the more ridiculous, it was like an over used cliches and more of a rally cry than a war speech. Very disappointed.
Not for nothing but...you can only be so original with a speech before a battle when it's been done so many times before, lol.
Old 2010-11-10, 16:36   Link #26
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I don't like how the dead have their personalities...never had, never will.
Well that's good, because Kabuto's just going to kill off their personalities anyway (seriously, what was the point of that?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Anyway. Good chapter. Gaara's love letter to Naruto was rather gay.
Fixed it for ya.

Quote:
A few new Zombie!characters, so its not just people we know like so many complained about before.
Yeah, I guess I'll have to give this chapter credit for that.

Also, conversation between Dan, Asuma and Neji's dad was pointless.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 16:41   Link #27
Fran~
floating away...

Temari with tactical vest = win
Sasori's and Deidara's comic relief made me laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibexwalya View Post
I feel like the current chapters are child's play and don't necessarily uphold the expectations I series had from the beginning.
Well, Naruto IS for children...

Quote:
Gaara's speech seems the more ridiculous, it was like an over used cliches and more of a rally cry than a war speech. Very disappointed.
Welcome to Shounen Action Manga.
I wonder how many time it will take for someone to make a parody of this speech with Leonidas.
Old 2010-11-10, 16:45   Link #28
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

It's best to kill off Anko at this stage, Kishi has treated her character like crap most of the series so it'll be some development at least.

Such a shame, She seemed like one of the better females of the manga at the start.

Last edited by Poetic Justice; 2010-11-10 at 16:58.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 17:24   Link #29
Alchemist007
*Author

Nice knowing you Anko.
Old 2010-11-10, 17:28   Link #30
Kallen4life

pretty good chapter, this zombie thing has potential

Deidara seems to be enjoying his new find 'life' .. nice for him !
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 17:31   Link #31
ibexwalya

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Temari with tactical vest = win
Sasori's and Deidara's comic relief made me laugh

Well, Naruto IS for children...

Welcome to Shounen Action Manga.
I wonder how many time it will take for someone to make a parody of this speech with Leonidas.
Well I do know Naruto is intended for an age group of 10-17 years old and I have no problem with that. What I liked about Naruto is the story plots and individual characters that stand out. These past couple of chapters has been a complete joke to me ever since Naruto landed on the island. Furthermore, I feel the war doesn't necessarily follows the current of the story but was put forth for the purpose of being a replacement. I don't know how to say this but I feel like this war even though was destined from the start lacks certain subtlety. Individual fights that show characters development will be greatly reduced and instead it will be a war fought on numbers. The clones in my opinion take away the human part of the story that is necessary for wars. Revenge has been the core theme of the Naruto series and a war between clones and humans puts a dent on it.
It would have been much more interesting if Madara had manipulated a village or two and the fight had started from there. Then the war in my opinion would have a psychological aspect.
Kabuto's resurrection of dead character seems to me out of place. It was overdone and some characters such as Zabuza or Chiyo for that matter have no place in the story. To me their resurrection kills our good memory of their past and their contribution the whole story of Naruto. More than that Kishi will have trouble depicting so many large battlefields and many important characters that the story will soon lose interest. This is going to be a pain for Kishi and I am waiting to see how he is going to handle this.
ibexwalya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 17:55   Link #32
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
I love Sasori/Deidara part.

Pretty cool how everyone so far knows they're being controlled by a jutsu and etc etc. Where's Jiraiya man?
Old 2010-11-10, 17:58   Link #33
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

They don't feel like dead when the interact with each other like that---
Quote:
I hate Edo Tensei and I was hoping it wouldn't play a big part in the story.
Oh I wouldn't mind it at all. It would be epic in its own way lol

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 18:14   Link #34
Equidistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
They don't feel like dead when the interact with each other like that
They also don't feel like they've just been suddenly revived by an evil organization, it was a pretty casual conversation, they could have been commenting on the weather.
Equidistant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 18:36   Link #35
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

^ Shodai and Tobirama acted much the same way when they were summoned by Oro. You'd think the ones who didn't know about Edo Tensei would maybe show more surprise, but they were all seasoned warriors in life so I wouldn't exactly expect them to freak out in strange situations either.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 18:55   Link #36
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Well that's good, because Kabuto's just going to kill off their personalities anyway (seriously, what was the point of that?)
He won't take away all of the personalities. You know Asuma is going to run into his students again and we'll have the cliche situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
It's best to kill off Anko at this stage, Kishi has treated her character like crap most of the series so it'll be some development at least.

Such a shame, She seemed like one of the better females of the manga at the start.
I'd hate to see her die to Kabuto. She deserves better cause you know he won't kill her right away.
Old 2010-11-10, 19:05   Link #37
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I'd hate to see her die to Kabuto. She deserves better cause you know he won't kill her right away.
Kabuto led them to Madara's hideout. So it might be that Kabuto does not want to kill her, but instead use her to deliver some information to the alliance or to Naruto himself.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 19:06   Link #38
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Apparently, root boy is Sai's 'brother'.

From back when Sai/Naruto/Sakura were in Orochimaru's hideout.
Spoiler:

Current chapter.
Spoiler:

Loving Temari's cute expressions in this chapter. Also liked the exposing of new characters.

I don't understand why people wonder about their personalities. As explained by Kabuto, they can be useful in messing with people's heads. A zombie doll wouldn't really be able to have that kind of impact.

Gaara's speech/rally cry was fair, it deflated a little at the end though.

Any idea on what Inoichi and Ao are doing? It looks like they're making a barrier of some kind, like the one they had in Konoha. Perhaps they were ordered to stay behind to put that up and help defend the Jinchuuriki's? Either that or they're working the play-dough.

Ahhh, Anko. I am still smitten by your sexy fishnet shirt. Please don't pull a Konan and die without giving us some fanservice.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 19:25   Link #39
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I was so waiting for Gaara to say "I'm not fit to lead this army. Kakashi san, please take that burden from me." Well, I'm a fanboy though...

The chapter was good. I liked how Naruto was still playing around in the midst of all this. He surely isn't aware of anything. It may come in handy soon though, as this game represents a training of new abilities in some way. I also loved to see Zabuza again.

Great find btw, Frenchie, although Sai and his backstory really don't interest me at all.
Old 2010-11-10, 19:44   Link #40
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
also loved to see Zabuza again.

Great find btw, Frenchie, although Sai and his backstory really don't interest me at all.
I agree, I'm loving the Zabuza vibe I'm getting.

As for Sai, I admit that I never was interested in him. In the manga he was bland, and in the anime he seemed unnecessarily byzantine. His picture book was okay though, and I thought I would probably like his 'brother' more than him.

Sai hasn't really evolved, but I kinda like his antics. Talking to Sakura and asking Kankuro for a nickname was fun to see. As much as he's not a character that I enjoyed at first, he kinda grew on me (Yamato never did) and I actually look forward to see if he's going to be matched up against his brother. Which only seems likely considering they're both air force at this point.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion