AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-04-21, 10:57   Link #141
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
No one in Nanoha is unbeatable. Includes the Huckbeins as well, but the heroes (barring Nanoha and Fate mostly, but it still happens with them) are humans too, so they won't always win. I'm glad Signum lost. I think it was more vicious than I'd like, but that's Force in general. I'm much more a fan of the magical aspects of Nanoha, and more light-hearted parts.

Personally, as far as the battles go... I can't wait to see Nanoha's Excellion Buster scene again. Despite how completely useless as an attack it was, I loved her determination in that scene, and in general. The series definitely does a good job of making me like Nanoha's personality, the movie did a great job with her fighting style, so between the two I'm covered. Hope they manage to pull it off with as much of a climactic scene as they did before.

And, on the Signum losing thing... I'm not even that big a fan of Signum. But it's just a bit sad to see someone who is a fan of a character get so down. I want you to cheer up, have more faith in Belkan Knights as a whole (though it is annoying Shamal and Zafira mostly vanished) and look forward to seeing them kick butt in the long run. It's going to be rough on the cast for a while, but they need a serious foe, an anti-magic magic seems like a good way to do it.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 11:41   Link #142
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Spoiler for Obsolete Signum:

Nanoha's determination at her 9 years is truly impressive her battle with a demigod like Reinforce is one of the more epics battles on all the franchise(so far is the more Epic Boss Fight Nanoha has battled in the franchise, neither ViVio or Tohma are able to top this battle in my book yet). The debut of Excellion Buster was made of pure win and the second try accompannied by "Snow Rain" in the background made it also a very touching scene. Hope that the movie also make and effort o equal or surpass A's epic soundtrack, the BGM's applied o the Wolkenritter are beautifull and powerfull pieces of music, representing all the glory and tragedy that surrounds them. This movie have a lot to work with and i'm sure they will need to left some things behind, just hopethey made the right election.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 11:46   Link #143
Nagumo
Random Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Wow, Animesuki now play therapy sessions xD

Nah, it's not that complicated. The main reason i instantly started to like Signum is because of how imposing she is, her knightly behaviour and hurted pride over betraying her master's only command coupled with her truly impressive kickassery in battle hook me quickly. She was downplayed on StrikerS but somehow she managed to rise even more badass than in A's(primarly because of her fights with Nanoha and Zest). Because of that big increase of Badasery i overhyped her along with most of the fanbase and that makes the falling in FORCE a thousand times harder for me. She was more balanced in A's(or at least she hasn't feel that overpowered) if she were beaten at that point i should be able to recover much much faster. The image i has of her got broken but i still like her character, it's a bit confusing but i'm making an internal search for Signum's new image as she isn't unbeatable anymore.
So in other words, the reason why we're suffering from your 'must break Signum and have her go through angsty villainy/character growth' spiel is because of your personal disappointment...

I'm sure that people in the forum were also a bit disappointed in what happened to Signum but I don't believe anyone here is taking it as hard as you are. Everyone else bounced back and shifted their expectations moderately, you on the hand go on and on about it.
Old 2011-04-21, 11:53   Link #144
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I respond you in a PM, this is getting too long for this thread.

Back on topic(again), taking into consideration of freakin Badass they make Arf in MOVIE 1st, i justwonder how her battle with Zafira will looks like. This is also a good chance to let Zafira to finally show why he's the guardian beast of the Wolkenritter.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-04-21, 12:04   Link #145
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

Amen to that. I was always disappointed that the OP was the only place they showed half of a proper clash between those two. In the actual show, they might have tackled each other once, and spent the rest of the time giving play-by-plays of the other duels. Dogs aren't known for their focused attention spans, but both sides dropping everything in the middle of combat is wonderfully awkward.

Arcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 12:10   Link #146
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
Yeah, I am curious how Zafira will act. Never been a big fan of him, but he is one of the few males in the series, so I have to root for him to do something impressive.

And Signum isn't obsolete, at best her weapon needs an upgrade. It's like calling Nanoha and Fate obsolete in A's because they had to get a cartridge system to be able to successfully defeat their foes. Signum is still a capable fighter, and will kick plenty of butt when she returns, presumably with a 5th generation Leyvantine, since she does have an elemental conversion naturally, so I expect they'll make use of that.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 03:43   Link #147
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Oh yea, Zafira.... I sorta remember him. Mostly for not being in humanoid form at all during StrikerS. He serves as a good rival to Arf, maybe they can play with that a bit more.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 10:03   Link #148
ditto526

Are they still making a second movie, we have not even seen a trailer or anything yet?
ditto526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 10:24   Link #149
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

There was mention of it in one of the recent magazines. It's just taking a bit longer than they expected I suppose. I think they said there should be a trailer for it by the end of the year.
Old 2011-09-20, 11:12   Link #150
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Sounds plausible, it usually at that time on the year when big trailers are released.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-09-20, 11:13   Link #151
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Hmm, scenes to cut?

Well if in the end they would kill off Reinforce I, might as well do that right after the final battle instead of making it a separate scene. Maybe have her dissipate along with the remnants of the Defense Program (a homage to Archer's farewell to Kana Ueda Rin would also be nice)
Rather than a defense program at all, maybe the final battle will be with Reinforce herself.

The Defense Program eventually takes over Reinforce, as before, as Hayate convinces Reinforce to stop fighting and let her take over. They release/recreate the Wolkenritter to help fight the Defense Program (which still looks like fights like Reinforce).

Eventually, they break the Defense Program enough to let Hayate out, at which point Reinforce stays inside her broken shell to keep it passive until everyone can land the final blow.

Hayate pleads, Reinforce refuses, and then she dies in a blaze of glory.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 20:04   Link #152
motaku96
もたく

So I was watching Nanoha A's the other day. Y'know, just gettin' pumped for the new movie. Do we have a release date for that movie yet btw? I mean, when it'll be in theaters. It'll be several more months after that before the blurays come out.

A's was so good, I wonder how they'll improve it. It's gotta have that extra oomph. Better settle in for some crazy action.
motaku96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 20:11   Link #153
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

There's no official release date at the moment, i'm waiting for the first trailer to come out. As i said before i don't think the movie will be able to surpass the original "A's" season, not if it remains in the same storytelling-style as MOVIE 1st, what i'm waiting from this movie, tough is some expansion on details left aside by A's as also awesome remakes of the battles of the season.

Signum VS Fate in the desert is a must!

Zafira VS Arf will be AWESOME! taking into account how badass Arf was on MOVIE 1st

...and of course Nanoha VS. Reinforce Eins, i guess this is the battle everyone wants to see xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-22, 08:14   Link #154
JINNSK
黒猫のウィズやってます

Quote:
Originally Posted by motaku96 View Post
Do we have a release date for that movie yet btw?.
...wait for nyantype this month
JINNSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 18:45   Link #155
aers
*Fansubber

Looks like July 2012.
aers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 19:02   Link #156
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
The movie comes out in July 2012? No screenshots or trailers yet? Although I'm guessing we'll get screenshots and info in nyantype.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 19:25   Link #157
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

In summer? Kind of a strange release date o.o

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-28, 20:02   Link #158
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
How is it strange? Unless you mean because A's takes place in the Winter.
Old 2011-11-28, 20:56   Link #159
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
How is it strange? Unless you mean because A's takes place in the Winter.
It's because in latest years all the big name anime movies are usually released in winter season.

But yeah, that detail also counts xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-28, 21:36   Link #160
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Nanoha isn't exactly "big name". It's a niche title.