AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-29, 06:14   Link #2341
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Nope, the only people who could stand against Tatsuya are War Class magician

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
Old 2013-01-29, 06:48   Link #2342
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
I meant Tatsuya would beat Juumonji. Btw, so far out of the 50 or so unregistered war-class mages how many have we seen? I think the author may not have figured out how he'd deal with all of them or at least most of them in Tatsuya's 3 years of High school.

Last edited by Libros; 2013-01-29 at 08:27.
Old 2013-01-29, 08:22   Link #2343
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

If my memorie is right and if we were include the name of war-class mages from the spoilder then 3 (not including Tatsuya) have been introduce or mention before.

if only from the translated vols then none so far, but one would be introduced at the end of this arc. DOA

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
Old 2013-01-29, 11:14   Link #2344
Chimurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Ojou (お嬢) simply means 'lady'. The ballots said stuff like 女王様/女王殿下, which literally means 'queen'. Miyuki's name (深雪) contains the kanji for snow (雪=yuki, snow) in it, though that's probably more simply a matter of thematic naming.
Thanks, to be honest since I start to read the LN i thought some like that was there, is very usual for writers and mangakas doing this kind of use for the the words and their meanings, the characters names usually fill this, in accel I have the chance to practice some writing (very little) and found funny or interesting details, I wish if probably no a problem Translators for LNs and mangas could add this kind of info, like your excellent explanation,BTW: they can simple say (Mi)yuki hime= Snow Princess.
Old 2013-01-29, 11:47   Link #2345
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
If my memorie is right and if we were include the name of war-class mages from the spoilder then 3 (not including Tatsuya) have been introduce or mention before.

if only from the translated vols then none so far, but one would be introduced at the end of this arc. DOA
I don't know how it changes in the LN, but from the web arc, I don't believe any have yet been mentioned, or will be mentioned yet. Arcs 4-6, however, do mention more.
Spoiler for Jajan!:

Those are the names to the best of my ability, and they are all registered, but I don't believe any are mentioned until arc 4
Old 2013-01-29, 16:35   Link #2346
blackwhite67
Banned

It has been said that the Phalanx the Juumonji used in the NSC was not the true Phalanx and it was foreshadowed that the real Phalanx had a much deadlier purpose.
Old 2013-01-29, 23:04   Link #2347
Kyosuke_Nanbu

Quote:
Incorrect, many powerful magicians aren't classified as War Class because they can't do that kind of MD.It is mentioned that most of War class aren't adept in combat like Tatsuya or Lina.

Last edited by Kyosuke_Nanbu; 2013-01-30 at 01:41.
Old 2013-01-29, 23:33   Link #2348
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosuke_Nanbu View Post
Incorrect, many powerful magicians aren't classified as War Class because they can do that kind of MD.It is mentioned that most of War class aren't adept in combat like Tatsuya or Lina.
I though that someone considered as War Class Magician because they have mass destruction magic. And the one that skilled as fighter considered as Combat Class. Tatsuya and Lina are in both class.
Old 2013-01-29, 23:37   Link #2349
kfcpanda

yea, powers to take down a large group of people.

it'd be like asking who's the better fighter,

a scientist with an atomic bomb or bruce lee

sure the scientist is more capable of blowing up a country but bruce lee would probably kick his ass in real combat

war magicians are those scientists by definition, those that have the power to basically commit genocide or alter the world.

it just so happens that tatsuya's both
Old 2013-01-29, 23:39   Link #2350
cyberdemon

doesn't matter how powerful an attack is if they can't get it off in time. close range is also bad for them because it would be dangerous to themselves if the opponent is right next to them when they use it since they too could be caught in the blast.
Old 2013-01-30, 01:49   Link #2351
Kyosuke_Nanbu

Sorry, I wrote it incorrectly.....
In Combat , true master like Kudou in his prime can crush tatsuya easily but the commander of 101 and his Ninjutsu teacher may on equal footing with him. Hmm, Clan heads of Ten Master clans should be stronger than him but not much except his Aunt who is a poor match up against his powers.
Old 2013-01-30, 02:16   Link #2352
kfcpanda

what?

kudou at his prime was a clan head himself. where does it say he was more adept at combat than any other master?
the only thing that was referring him as special was his title of "wiliest" and being a former general.
tatsuya wanted to learn from him sure, but nowhere said he would lose in a straight on fight

it's been stated repeatedly that kazama & yokonoe can win against tatsuya barring use of trident.

clan heads we haven't really heard much about apart from the few that were mentioned but i imagine that they be around the same aggregate power, if not one slightly ahead like maya as mentioned.

in any case, it's more of a deal with checks & counters, one clan's magics countering another clan's.

yotsuba's>juumonji's for instance
Old 2013-01-30, 02:56   Link #2353
Kyosuke_Nanbu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfcpanda View Post
what?

kudou at his prime was a clan head himself. where does it say he was more adept

yotsuba's>juumonji's for instance
You need to read the introduction of Elder Kudou again He was considered one of the most powerful Magician of his generation like Maya.

Yotsuba don't have specialty like jumonji..... The outcome of a fight between their respectative magicians is uncertain but Maya is cerainly stronger than Jumonji's father with her The Night.
Old 2013-01-30, 03:25   Link #2354
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Abyss, Night, Cocytus, Phalanx...

Is it only me that wonder about this. Most of powerful magic that the Japanese are capable of have cool and metaphorical names, while magic from other nations sound like technical terms or everyday languages (heavy metal burst?).
Old 2013-01-30, 04:14   Link #2355
alviam099

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
He could win, just that it'd take a long time. Not like it'd be a battle of the century with grand magic explosions everywhere or anything it's more like Tatsuya would keep breaking his shields and Juu would keep making new ones. So it'd end up as a battle of stamina.
I think Tatsuya will still win, he can just always use regrowth on himself to recover his stamina right?

Old 2013-01-30, 04:34   Link #2356
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alviam099 View Post
I think Tatsuya will still win, he can just always use regrowth on himself to recover his stamina right?
If that works, sure. I just think that he'd outlast his opponent since he's probably got alot of stamina from his training.
Old 2013-01-30, 04:55   Link #2357
Seitsuki
Onee!

Images
NSFW
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-01-30, 05:02   Link #2358
waffler

So how much of tatsuyas power is being sealed by miyuki? Is he still really strng with the seal?
Old 2013-01-30, 05:04   Link #2359
henzaeroz

Quote:
Originally Posted by alviam099 View Post
really ? i think it's impossible to recover something like Life Force or Stamina ?
Old 2013-01-30, 05:13   Link #2360
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzaeroz View Post
really ? i think it's impossible to recover something like Life Force or Stamina ?
So is recovering an arm that's been turned to dust but Tatsuya can do it, probably. You never know these days when it comes to his regen power.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings