mistress_kisara

Episode 9
- I agree best episode!!!!
- The godess is from the future!?
- and Yay for the hug at the end
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 18:46   Link #362
kuromitsu

Tanaka Rie is awesome, but I wish they used the same seiyuu for both characters. It's kind of distracting how the voice doesn't match the body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I loved the Himegami's delight in her new body. Perhaps that means it's one she has never really inhabited before? How does that go with them being the same person?
In her first scene she mentions that finally she managed to "sync" with this body, and what a great thing it is that she's managed to come this far. If the Izumiko = himegami theory is true, it's technically her own body, but this is the first time she's been in it in this particular timeline.

(1st future: Izumiko destroys humanity, dies, but due to her powers her spirit(?) travels back in the past to find a way to avoid the tragedy, becoming the himegami in the process; this culminates in the 2nd future where Izumiko/himegami manages not to destroy humanity but dies in the name of science, and someone else destroys humanity anyway. So the himegami travels back in the past for the second time, creating the third future which is our current timeline. This is her last try.)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 20:16   Link #363
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Well, the voice isn't supposed to match with the body especially when the body is being possessed by some old spirit.

I can't feel the hime=Izumiko theory yet. If this is her third time traveling back in time I wonder when she "landed" that she's been known in the family for quite some time. And I thought she's currently using Izumiko's mother's body. Anyways, I've been skipping so I may have missed some clues.

I don't care what people say, I'm loving the hug. I watch it like 3 times. Loverboy Miyuki can be so sweet. Can't wait to see more of Miyuki and Izumiko couple. The hime is so ruthless. She can find another body and leave my couple alone (well hopefully at the end anyways).
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 01:32   Link #364
MogMoogle1
Idol Power!

Quite an interesting episode indeed. Not sure if it meant anything, but Miyuki snagged Himegami's left hand and ran off with her after the scene where she speaks about what each of her hands signified.

As for Himegami=Izumiko, it is quite possible, even though their personalities differs greatly, Izumiko has gradually developed in to a more confident(or rebellious) person than she originally first started. Not to mention the titles of each episodes revolves around her first times.
Old 2013-05-14, 02:48   Link #365
phmn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis View Post
I can't feel the hime=Izumiko theory yet. If this is her third time traveling back in time I wonder when she "landed" that she's been known in the family for quite some time. And I thought she's currently using Izumiko's mother's body. Anyways, I've been skipping so I may have missed some clues.

Yes as much as I find the theory that Izumiko=Himegami exciting, I don't feel there is any strong basis on this, although I may be ignoring some details.

For those that support the theory, are there any specific incidents that hint to that theory?
phmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 04:04   Link #366
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by phmn View Post
Yes as much as I find the theory that Izumiko=Himegami exciting, I don't feel there is any strong basis on this, although I may be ignoring some details.

For those that support the theory, are there any specific incidents that hint to that theory?
For me, as I wrote in my ep reaction post, what seems the biggest clue is how the himegami talks in the first person about having been dissected in the name of science. Which means that although she's been a spirit for thousands of years, she has an actual body somewhere (otherwise it wouldn't have been her body, just that of the person she possessed). That the body was hers at first, then in the second timeline it was occupied by her then-self until she took over/merged with it. So this must be the case in the current, third timeline as well. The body and the person in it must be special in their own way since that's how the himegami destroyed humanity in the first future.

We also know that she belonged to Izumiko's family.

In this light, many things seem to make sense:
- Izumiko's innate powers.
- The talk between Yukimasa and Izumiko in the nurse's room. "Are you talking about me or the himegami?" "The two are one and the same." Yukimasa never answered Izumiko's question about when the himegami chose Miyuki, but I bet it has something to do with Izumiko herself falling for him.
- The himegami's joy at having taken over Izumiko's body, saying (I paraphrase) "finally I've come this far" and "today is a special day, I've become able to easily sync with this body"
- The talk about becoming a world heritage in the 2nd timeline. Mayura and Takayanagi fighting for exactly this in the current timeline makes me think that the future events the himegami was talking about are set to happen in the near future. If that's true, the himegami "reclaiming" Izumiko's body as her own means that it was the one she occupied the first and second time as well.

Of course this is just speculation, and with spiritual entities and time travel everything is possible... But it makes sense to me. :3

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-05-14 at 04:15.
Old 2013-05-18, 20:38   Link #367
kuromitsu

Ep 10

Spoiler for ep 10:

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-05-18 at 20:57.
Old 2013-05-19, 12:29   Link #368
witchhuntress
Moon Galaxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Ep 10

Spoiler for ep 10:
Spoiler:
witchhuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 16:04   Link #369
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchhuntress View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for ep 10:

ETA:
Spoiler for Izumiko's memory issues:

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-05-20 at 18:19.
Old 2013-05-19, 23:02   Link #370
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Skimmed through the raws. And I thought they would pick up from the hug from last ep. Well I have no idea what happened but I like the moment when Miyuki laughed at Izumiku's new do. Miyuki did have a flashback with Hime after Izumiko said something so maybe he was thinking they're the same person. I'm not crazy about this possibility. I don't have a problem with their progress in relationship. Miyuki cares more for her than he would ever show. It's like they've been thinking about each other since they know they have to be partners. (Heck, I have no idea what's going because I've been watching it on and off but I still want to follow this to the end to see the "big picture". I'll be satisfied to see some kind of ending between Miyuki and Izumiko.)
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 10:57   Link #371
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Spoiler for ep10:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 15:04   Link #372
HandofFate

Just watched episode 8.

Spoiler for episode 8:

Episode 9
Seems to getting into the heat of things.
Spoiler for Episode 9:

Last edited by HandofFate; 2013-05-20 at 15:33.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 18:17   Link #373
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Man, I really had a hard time keeping track of Masumi and Manatsu. Even when they reveal who it really is, I go "which one was that one again?"
Manatsu is the human brother, Masumi is the snake/dragon kami "brother". XD

Quote:
Kind of surprised that Izumiko was fooled, though she had strong spiritual awareness about that. Or maybe that just further empathizes the blending of the Masumi/Manatsu personality and identities.
I don't think she was fooled, it was Masumi with her all along, until Manatsu changed his mind about offing himself.

Quote:
It seems in any anime where there's some kind of mystical mystery going on about.
It ALWAYS comes down to time travel.
Yeah, I'm not very happy about that either... But at least this time it's creative enough to make it interesting.
Old 2013-05-25, 07:51   Link #374
Bern-san

How comes that episode 10 still isn't subbed? Just when things started to get interesting...

EDIT: It's subbed! This felt like a set-up episode but I did like it. Suzuhara was really cute during the episode.

Last edited by Bern-san; 2013-05-25 at 11:31.
Bern-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 12:14   Link #375
Kazu-kun

Welp, shit hits the fan in episode 11.
Spoiler for spoiler:

EDIT: I just learned the last episode of the anime will cover the climax of volume 5, which unfortunately means volume 6 of the novel won't be animated. We're going to miss out on the real ending of the story, including the final battle. This sucks.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2013-05-25 at 16:13.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 21:24   Link #376
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
How comes that episode 10 still isn't subbed? Just when things started to get interesting...

EDIT: It's subbed! This felt like a set-up episode but I did like it. Suzuhara was really cute during the episode.
Yeah, it definitely took the pace down a notch from ep 9. I was a little disappointed at first, but I think with the upcoming battle in episode 11, there will probably be another goddess appearance.

Now that it's pretty much been confirmed that the goddess is Izumiko's alternate self from a parallel timeline, I wonder if her picking Sagara in the first place and her jealousy when he 'discusses other women' hints that the two are indeed destined for one another.

By the way, what's up with Izumiko dropping this big hint to Mayura that she's an 'enemy of mankind'... and then no further elaboration? How'd she get out of that conversation without explaining herself? And why does Mayura seemingly not care? Considering her ability to brush that aside and focus on her comparatively unimportant battle with Takayanagi... her ego is truly a force to be reckoned with .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post

EDIT: I just learned the last episode of the anime will cover the climax of volume 5, which unfortunately means volume 6 of the novel won't be animated. We're going to miss out on the real ending of the story, including the final battle. This sucks.
That's kind of ridiculous. I understand they have time constraints, but what does this mean for the anime's story? It will just end without a definite resolution?
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 21:55   Link #377
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
It will just end without a definite resolution?
Most likely.
Spoiler:
Old 2013-05-26, 04:13   Link #378
Johnny
Working the bags...

Don't really care about the romance between Izumiko and Sagara since it's been done half-heartedly. All I want to see is Sagara get one over on his bastard of a father just once...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 06:11   Link #379
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Where have you read this? Anyway, if it's true then I think there will be an OVA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
By the way, what's up with Izumiko dropping this big hint to Mayura that she's an 'enemy of mankind'... and then no further elaboration?
Editor's scissors? At this point it's clear that there are huge amounts of material cut especially where the Soudas are concerned... (There's no way there isn't any conclusion to the whole Togakushi incident, also there's no way the scenes with Mayura & Miyuki in episode 11 weren't at least twice as long in the book, etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Don't really care about the romance between Izumiko and Sagara since it's been done half-heartedly. All I want to see is Sagara get one over on his bastard of a father just once...
Yeah, same here. I've looked around and the Miyuki x Izumiko pairing seems to have many fans so it's probably done better in the book, but in the show their relationship is part really cliché, and part really choppy... to me they still don't have any real chemistry, they're just destined to fall in love because the plot says so.

Anyway, ep 11...
Spoiler for ep 11:

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-05-26 at 06:33.
Old 2013-05-26, 06:35   Link #380
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Where have you read this?
Somewhere.

If you want to confirm it I can send you the raws. I can't read them myself so I don't know if it's true.

Tags
fantasy, p.a. works, school life, seinen, shoujo