Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-08-16, 18:17   Link #1281
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Jump to about 10 chapters later when Minato arrives. He asks if Sakura is Naruto's girlfriend. Naruto doesn't hesitant for a second and says yes. Which pretty much shows that those Hinata scenes weren't romantic to him. He still doesn't have any romantic feelings for her even though Hinata has told Naruto she loves and has shown she is willing to sacrifice her life for him. Then Minato says Sakura reminds him of Kushina. When Kushina and Naruto met, she told him to marry someone like her. So now NaruSaku has the blessing of dear old zombie dad and ghost mom. And Hinata is back to square one.
The bolded part is not true. What Naruto said exactly (according to mangastream tl) was:

"Uhhm... the thing is... yeah you could say that! I mean, if you're splitting hairs I guess--"

So I wouldn't say that it is anywhere close to "said yes without hesistating". He could also be trolling around.
Old 2013-08-17, 14:30   Link #1282
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
The bolded part is not true. What Naruto said exactly (according to mangastream tl) was:

"Uhhm... the thing is... yeah you could say that! I mean, if you're splitting hairs I guess--"

So I wouldn't say that it is anywhere close to "said yes without hesistating". He could also be trolling around.
The point was that he said yes to Sakura being his girlfriend. Which made Sakura angry. He didn't stop and think about all that hand holding nonsense with Hinata. Nor did he think of Hinata's confession. He didn't think of her in the slightest when asked by his father about a potential love interest. All this means is that he still loves Sakura and Hinata still hasn't entered into the equation. Honestly, if I were a NaruHina fan, I'd wonder what the hell Kishi is doing. That is why no one should be sure of anything in this manga.

And why would Naruto troll his dead father?
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 16:35   Link #1283
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
And why would Naruto troll his dead father?
Not his father... he trolled Sakura of course. Or maybe the question seemed kind of awkward to him, so he tried to finish that topic as fast as possible and to derail it. He seemed to actually FORCE his childlike attitude from the past on himself just for this moment, so that he is not taken seriously (minato did seem to take it seriously though). But of course that is merely a possible interepretation from me. Naruto has shown that he was in fact very dense regarding Hinata's actions...
Also regarding the scene with Hinata's confession during the fight with pain: I think he may have actually lost his memories of that because of the whole Kyuubi disaster that followed shortly after.
Old 2013-08-23, 13:29   Link #1284
Fruits Basket Fan

He seems serious.

Hell, he has shown slight jealousy when Sakura acknowledged Sasuke first when both saved her in chapter 632 only because he landed near her first and even had to joke with Naruto about not taking the small details too seriously.

And really....Naruto is not that much of a douche to be joking around with his feelings especially in front of his dad and Hinata.

Last edited by Fruits Basket Fan; 2013-08-24 at 13:07.
Fruits Basket Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 22:51   Link #1285
db84x

Send a message via Yahoo to db84x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruits Basket Fan View Post
He seems serious.

Hell, he has shown slight jealousy when Sakura acknowledged Sasuke first when both saved her in chapter 632 only because he landed near her first and even had to joke with Naruto about not taking the small details too seriously.

And really....Naruto is not that much of a douche to be joking around with his feelings especially in front of his dad and Hinata.
Based on translation, splitting hair mean unimportant thing. So I guess he said to his father not don't mind unimportant details like who is his girlfriend during battle.
db84x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 00:15   Link #1286
Kurohane

Mangastream tends to change things with their translations, and they're well-known NaruHina fans.
Old 2013-08-27, 01:11   Link #1287
Fruits Basket Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by db84x View Post
Based on translation, splitting hair mean unimportant thing. So I guess he said to his father not don't mind unimportant details like who is his girlfriend during battle.
http://i.imgur.com/GOixJqd.jpg

Minato: 安心して... 君達の味方だよ ナルトを回復してくれてありがとう...ナルトの彼女かな?

Anshin shite kimitachi no mikatada yo. Naruto wo kaifuku shite kurete arigatou. ...Naruto no kanojo kana?

"Rest assured. I'm on your side. Thanks for taking care of Naruto's recovery. Might you be Naruto's girlfriend?"

Naruto: う~~~~~ん...うん?うん まあ そんな感じだって

U~~~~~~n Un? Un! Maa sonna kanji datte

"Hmmmmmm... Hm? Yeah. Well, something like that." or "Yeah. Well, it feels like that."

So in short, mangapanda was accurate. I don't know why Mangastream added the "If you're splitting hairs I guess..." line (especially with such a line that does not exist in Japanese).

Last edited by Fruits Basket Fan; 2013-08-27 at 01:25.
Old 2013-08-28, 04:35   Link #1288
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

So SasuSaku just went to drain. It's very clear now that Sasuke doesn't give two s***s about Sakura.
Old 2013-08-29, 13:32   Link #1289
Artful Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
So SasuSaku just went to drain. It's very clear now that Sasuke doesn't give two s***s about Sakura.
It "now" became clear? How about back in part I when she told him she loved him, and he knocked her out and left? How about in early part II during their first encounter in years, when she screamed out for him, and he left? Or how about later on when he grabbed her throat and was about to stab her to death? These uh, subtle clues seemed to have spelled it out a long time ago.
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 10:25   Link #1290
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
It "now" became clear? How about back in part I when she told him she loved him, and he knocked her out and left? How about in early part II during their first encounter in years, when she screamed out for him, and he left? Or how about later on when he grabbed her throat and was about to stab her to death? These uh, subtle clues seemed to have spelled it out a long time ago.
Lol! I agree with you. I made that post because there are many people who still believe that SasuSaku is the end game. Even after the last chapter.
Old 2013-08-31, 13:35   Link #1291
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Lol! I agree with you. I made that post because there are many people who still believe that SasuSaku is the end game. Even after the last chapter.
To be fair, Kishi is such a terrible writer when it comes to romance and many other things, would it shock anyone if Sasuke x Sakura still happened? Remember, logic doesn't apply.
Old 2013-09-01, 06:48   Link #1292
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
To be fair, Kishi is such a terrible writer when it comes to romance and many other things, would it shock anyone if Sasuke x Sakura still happened? Remember, logic doesn't apply.
Yeah it's possible. But that would make Kishi's writing even more crappier that it already is.
Old 2013-09-01, 10:35   Link #1293
GDB

I wouldn't be surprised at all. All he needs is one scene of redemption for Sasuke where his feelings change (again), but instead of changing about revenge just change in regards to having a sex drive. Maybe make him remember he wanted to repopulate his clan. And b00m, Sakura gets the Sasuke.

Not saying that's well written, just how he's been doing it so far.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 07:23   Link #1294
db84x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruits Basket Fan View Post
http://i.imgur.com/GOixJqd.jpg

Minato: 安心して... 君達の味方だよ ナルトを回復してくれてありがとう...ナルトの彼女かな?

Anshin shite kimitachi no mikatada yo. Naruto wo kaifuku shite kurete arigatou. ...Naruto no kanojo kana?

"Rest assured. I'm on your side. Thanks for taking care of Naruto's recovery. Might you be Naruto's girlfriend?"

Naruto: う~~~~~ん...うん?うん まあ そんな感じだって

U~~~~~~n Un? Un! Maa sonna kanji datte

"Hmmmmmm... Hm? Yeah. Well, something like that." or "Yeah. Well, it feels like that."

So in short, mangapanda was accurate. I don't know why Mangastream added the "If you're splitting hairs I guess..." line (especially with such a line that does not exist in Japanese).
In official translation he said "I suppose you could say that", read meaning of this by compare it with quote from Stanley Kubrick

Quote:
I've never achieved spectacular success with a film. My reputation has grown slowly. I suppose you could say that I'm a successful filmmaker - in that a number of people speak well of me. But none of my films have received unanimously positive reviews, and none have done blockbuster business.
Btw this is really nice last chapter page for Naruhina

Spoiler:
Old 2013-09-22, 12:29   Link #1295
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Btw this is really nice last chapter page for Naruhina

Spoiler:
In what world is that page in any way connected to NaruHina? Shipers!
Old 2013-09-26, 08:53   Link #1296
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Just remind that only Hinata female who appear in last page.
And? That still doesn't have anything to do with romance!

Last edited by Hunter; 2013-09-27 at 14:40.
milan kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 12:05   Link #1297
Fruits Basket Fan

@Db: How can you win a debate when you bring up a person who is not even involve with the manga? You are not using manga evidence and disregarding the raw evidence i have shown.

@Milan kyuubi: Sorry, but this guy is a troll who thinks any Hinata panel is NH development even when Naruto is NOT thinking about her!

I was just shock he was here......

Last edited by Fruits Basket Fan; 2013-09-26 at 12:43.
Old 2013-09-26, 22:51   Link #1298
Eragon
Still Alive

Isn't it redundant at this point in time to discuss "romance" in Naruto ? The author certainly doesn't give a shit about them nor does he know how to. Arguing about it in a serious manner is like clawing a street lamp.
Old 2013-10-13, 12:50   Link #1299
db84x

@ Fruits Basket Fan

Even in Japan, 631 interpretation is fluid

@ Eragon

Some people love to do it, just check mangafox.com
Old 2013-10-14, 11:41   Link #1300
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Isn't it redundant at this point in time to discuss "romance" in Naruto ? The author certainly doesn't give a shit about them nor does he know how to. Arguing about it in a serious manner is like clawing a street lamp.
Why? Last chapter once again showed Naruto's true love is Sasuke and not Sakura. Not even Obito can break their love when they perform their SasuNaru combo. The chapter before showed the love between Naruto and Shikamaru. Naruto's chakra refused to let him die and brought him back. And Shikamaru's love for Naruto inspired him as he declared he was in love with him or something to that effect. I believe in ShikaNaru way more than NaruHina at this point.

Let's not forget the Hashirama and Madara relationship still being played out. Kishi is fine writing relationships between two characters with penises. It is those pesky girls he doesn't understand.

Tags
official pairings