AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-29, 02:34   Link #861
Lancer

http://www.blacklagooncompany.com/

Looks like the U.S. site is up.
Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 14:06   Link #862
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I wonder how the English dub will go.

Lol I love the

No Stupid monsters

No magic Powers

No Mercy
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 20:22   Link #863
MizuPyro32

Thumbs up Black Lagoon 3rd Season?

Does anyone have any information on the 3rd season of black lagoon, I've tried google and couldn't find accurate stuff...I do hope they make a 3rd season because I think this one of the best animes that draws good.
One more thing If they don't make a 3rd season, don't you agree they should at least make some ova's or short movies?

If you have any info...please write in this thread or pm me
MizuPyro32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 21:25   Link #864
TigerII
Pilot in Training

No info yet, but they first two caught up with the manga. If they did make a new one they would led the manga get further ahead.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 02:59   Link #865
Icehawk

From what I understand the manga does currently have more story too it that takes place after the events of the anime but its not enought yet to make a series out of. Perhaps they could fit it into an OVA or two though. But they may as well just wait for the manga to completely finnish or atleast build up some more.
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 03:38   Link #866
kujoe
from head to heel

Well, the author did say that he wants to see Fabiola animated one day. So I guess, there's a good chance that the question is simply a matter of "when." For now, I'll be gladly wasting my money on the R1 releases of the dvds.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 18:57   Link #867
rarukyu
umeboshi

this anime is siiick! love all that gun fighting and everything lol! saw the U.S site and haha i too love that no magic, no monsters no mercy and all lol. certaily an awesome anime.

as for the 3rd season, i too hope that they'll be making one. seeing how good the first two were
rarukyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 01:11   Link #868
jyousuton
Rosa Canina

Revy (voiced by Megumi Toyoguchi)

Revy (voiced by Megumi Toyoguchi)
Cool Onee-San
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7vjL5NwpN8
jyousuton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 23:53   Link #869
jyousuton
Rosa Canina

http://www.blacklagooncompany.com/

Geneon U.S. site is Update!Wow!!
jyousuton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 10:14   Link #870
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Not only is it updated, but finally it appears to be official confirmation that the second season was included with the first as part of the license (something that I've been wondering about ever since someone mentioned earlier in this thread that the only announcement included 12 episodes). There's space in the episodes section for 24 episodes, and characters from the second season are listed in the characters section.

There's also a trailer - but I can't see it at work, does anyone if it includes any of the dub?

05/22 seems so far away ....
Old 2007-04-18, 13:36   Link #871
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Ooooo!! Oh boy, I cannot wait until the series is released. I hope that they release everything. But yeah, 5/22 is a long way away. Here it is only the 2nd week of April. Schools (colleges) end early May and everyone else is in June. I can honestly say this is the one series that I really, really want to own. Usually stuff like this is would not be my cup of tea. But I guess 'Revy's foul mouth and temperment and the insane situations that downright make you either think or LAUGH was enough to make me sell my soul for a piece of the action. But man, waiting until all 6 vols. are available (if that ends up being the case) is a long time to wait.

Now my question is will 'Geneon' give fair treatment to the series? After all this is not just some series that everyone will be allowed to pick up due it's mature nature. There is use of the "F" word and everything else. I'm glad to know that they got the names right. Because you know that whole "L/R" thing with 'Revy's name. Is it 'Revy' or 'Levy'? To be honest they'd probably work in a "ambiguous" way. Since her real name is 'Rebecca' you got 'Revy'. The word 'rev' means to increase in speed. But the word "levy" means to "impose" like collecting wages, "draft into service" and to "declare and wage war". In many ways both meanings fit her pretty damn well.

One other question is will the LE box hold 3 vols. or 6?

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."

Last edited by chrno; 2007-04-18 at 15:56.
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 13:40   Link #872
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno View Post
One other question is will the LE box hold 3 vols. or 6?
You know, I've been trying to figure this out as well. The website treats the whole thing like one show basically (which is good, since that's basically what it was), but the box looks thin like it's only intended to hold three volumes. Of course, it's a picture, so that doesn't really mean anything.
Old 2007-04-18, 16:13   Link #873
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy View Post
There's also a trailer - but I can't see it at work, does anyone if it includes any of the dub?
There are only Japanese trailers available. The English ones are, supposedly, "coming soon."
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 16:23   Link #874
chrno

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy View Post
You know, I've been trying to figure this out as well. The website treats the whole thing like one show basically (which is good, since that's basically what it was), but the box looks thin like it's only intended to hold three volumes. Of course, it's a picture, so that doesn't really mean anything.
Well, if they do that it would be better than what happened with the 'Big O' series. That however couldn't be helped. It was the same show but they ended up released it 'Big O II'. But I would take the series being released under one title instead of the 'Second Barrage' just to keep the continuation. But if they throw it in the title I'll be happy too. It seems from what I saw concerning the section is that it's the same set up as the 'Japanese site. From what I can see, the story section on the Japanese site is finished. And they are almost close to finishing the releases for 'Second Barrage'. Only 2 more vols. to go giving them 6 each at 2 ep. a pop. That's 12 vols. in total. So if the 'English' site has all the numbers listed then it is a possibility that they plan to finish out 'Second Barrage' as well. I checked 'ANN' and it's finally listed that they (Geneon) have the 2nd series under their belt. Since it's going to take awhile to release the series here maybe they'll have a solution by then.

Either they'll release the series together under one title or they'll release them separately, with 2nd season under it's secondary heading and restart the numbering. We'll just have to wait and see.

Old 2007-04-19, 01:25   Link #875
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Note to whoever set up the US Flash site - double-check your character info. Big offense: Shenhua and her driver are not, repeat not, affiliated with the 'International Terrorists'. And 'Rip Off Church'? Yep, sounds like someone failed at research. It seems I will have to find their contact info and point out this carelessness.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 03:35   Link #876
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Note to whoever set up the US Flash site - double-check your character info. Big offense: Shenhua and her driver are not, repeat not, affiliated with the 'International Terrorists'. And 'Rip Off Church'? Yep, sounds like someone failed at research. It seems I will have to find their contact info and point out this carelessness.
I think the site is based on the Japanese version, so the Americans are not to blame.

Further, the title is probably misleading; it's just that Shenhua and her driver made their debut in the "terrorist arc".

...Then again, other than not killing innocent people for the fun of it (even if it's only because everyone is guilty of something in the city, and that there is no money in it.), the entire cast are certainly international criminals. Rock even helped sign the papers for the transportation of a crate full of AK-47s, which may end up in the hands of anyone, including terrorists.
Old 2007-04-19, 10:54   Link #877
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I think the site is based on the Japanese version, so the Americans are not to blame.
If that's so, it sounds like a straight translation job, with no regard to context (which someone can be blamed for). Which brings us to your next point...

Quote:
Further, the title is probably misleading; it's just that Shenhua and her driver made their debut in the "terrorist arc"...
For persons not familiar with the episodes' flow, it is misleading; the way that list is broken down, some are grouped by affiliation (Lagoon Company, Hotel Moscow) and others by which plot arc they appear in. This looks like an example of 'what the end user will see and conclude' not being taken into consideration.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 09:51   Link #878
chrno

I do have to laugh at the section where they messed up. It's called, 'THE CHURCH OF VIOLENCE!!!" How do you get that wrong? It's in the show! They mention it numerous times!

Old 2007-04-20, 18:16   Link #879
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Well, according to the Japanese Wiki article (which has consistently been a much more reliable source for anime info than the English wiki) the official name of the "Church of Violence" is Rip-off Church (リップオフ教会). I've always thought the name "Church of Violence" is too literal (and maybe too "formal," as well) of a translation. Frankly, I'm pretty happy with the adaptation.
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 04:53   Link #880
SemperMalum

Revy does like Rock. A lot. It shows, easily. And, she's still easily embarassed when she does something silly, 'nd shows a side of her that she doesn't normally show (the scene at the park with the kids).

Rock's gotta like her too, but is the stereotypical male lead who 'doesn't know', 'nd won't find out until the creator wants us to.

I just can't wait for the next season...

As long as they don't do an emo ending, even though I -know- they will. It's too much of the current trend. Grawr.
SemperMalum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, crime, madhouse, seinen