AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-30, 22:45   Link #1001
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I wouldn't call it jealousy, not at all. More like she plays along with it.
they kept the fact that they were husband and wife quiet so people would think of Miranda as a possible pairing partner. Her apparent jealousy was more to fool us, they basically did "fool you" in episode 25 to all the people that thought it possible.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 03:25   Link #1002
TaiLzx

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
they kept the fact that they were husband and wife quiet so people would think of Miranda as a possible pairing partner. Her apparent jealousy was more to fool us, they basically did "fool you" in episode 25 to all the people that thought it possible.
Spoiler for Forgot which episode.:
TaiLzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 06:25   Link #1003
Jimmy C

It was odd that Arjuman didn't pick a successor to Zarlish even months after his death. That's handing a propaganda victory as well as a strategic one to Hyulick and co. For all their talk of Business As Usual, he's showing the whole galaxy that Hyulick inflicted permanent damage on them. That's not a good sign for the Top Dog.
Did the novels dry up at this point?
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 06:29   Link #1004
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

^

I think I heard the general continuity of the novels go up almost to the point they could make a whole another 26 episode season out of it. If the producers of the anime get plucky and decide to forge on, they most likely can pull it off. Do it sorta like with Itazura na Kiss.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 06:53   Link #1005
ershin

um sorry if this was already asked before... do both avi/mkv releases from anbu have 848x480 res? Is there a big difference in quality between the 2?
ershin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 19:10   Link #1006
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Hmm... well the show manaed to pull itself together at the end. More or less. The real strength of Tytania (the show) is within its characters rather than its plot which is the real drag down, so when they manage to bring the plot to decent levels of execution the characteres can carry the show by themselves. Not a bad endin at all, not at all. It leaves you with a good aftertaste and an interest in a possible sequel.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 14:23   Link #1007
Celestial Kitsune
Myobu

Episode 25 Screenshots.
Episode 26.
Review.

Last edited by Celestial Kitsune; 2009-04-02 at 22:28.
Celestial Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 16:43   Link #1008
Luthien

There should be a sequel. They can't have it end at that!
Luthien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 11:34   Link #1009
mouhitori

I wonder whether the author actually plans to continue the novels, and the related companies uses this series to gauge the popularity of the franchise...
With how the economy goes, the publisher may not want to risk to publish a forgotten franchise...

I think overall the series is pretty good if you don't have expectations on what kind of story it is. After the first episode, I expect most people, including me, would guess that this is a story how a genius general rally an rebellion army to topple the empire.
I did wonder why the title is Tytania if that's how the story is.
I guess after a season, we now know...
mouhitori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 21:16   Link #1010
harmonious

One of my favorite anime and I am sad to see it end. While the ending is good enough, it definitely needs to continue on through the rest of the remaining novels.

I wish the author would write more of the novels and have the series translated to English. These types of novels would go over well with Western science fiction audience.
harmonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 05:09   Link #1011
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Damn, I've never watched an anime and think that "wow that was a boat load of BS and some more BS and some more BS." After 26 episodes Zarlish died and that's it, nothing else really changed. I was expecting some kind of resolution at the but it looks like the story was back to square one again. Sigh. What a waste of time...>__>
Old 2009-04-06, 09:41   Link #1012
signorRossi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
Damn, I've never watched an anime and think that "wow that was a boat load of BS and some more BS and some more BS." After 26 episodes Zarlish died and that's it, nothing else really changed. I was expecting some kind of resolution at the but it looks like the story was back to square one again. Sigh. What a waste of time...>__>
Don't tell me you didn't see that coming?
It was really disappointing, a shame that it came from the same guy as LotGH (they butchered the novel btw).

SignorRossi.
signorRossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 09:49   Link #1013
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
You do know that it's not the end of the actually story right? It's just where the anime ended it. For now hopefully.
Old 2009-04-08, 00:26   Link #1014
LunaNeko

What? The end??? I must say, this was probably the only show where I rooted for the "bad guys" Well, not really all bad guys, but Jouslan. I couldn't stand Fan to tell the truth...his genki attitude towards everything annoyed me to death: Yay, lets now have a beer! It will be ok! Its fine that I just killed 90909000000 peoples! It will work out in the end! And even in the end he gave Jouslan lame ass reason for his fight aganst Tytania, not personally his, but someone elses. GAH!
I hope they can have a second season, srsly, Jouslan needs to kick some butt, not drink tea all the time. XD.
LunaNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 04:17   Link #1015
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You do know that it's not the end of the actually story right? It's just where the anime ended it. For now hopefully.
Yea I know this isn't the end but it still doesn't make it any better. At the end of Geass S1 and Gundam 00 S1 I wanted more because how the plot had moved, the balance of power had changed and I felt like there's more to be accomplished but not with Tytania. It's funny, I skipped over most of episode 22 to 24 because I wanted to see just where this anime is going but it went no where. Too much time was spent on how Zarlish didn't give crap about remote planets and such. I got it the first time he ignored the rules but they had Jouslain and Blondie drink tea (fucking over and over and over again) to reinforce the issue and of course Zarlish himself does it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by signorRossi View Post
Don't tell me you didn't see that coming?
It was really disappointing, a shame that it came from the same guy as LotGH (they butchered the novel btw).

SignorRossi.
I actually expected a lot more from the anime, especially after the first 7-8 episodes because I thought the production team did a good job establishing all the main character's personalities. Jouslain is the cool guy with brains. Zarlish is the muscle guy. Idris is the weasel you want to punch. Ariabahto is the failure. Fan is the hero with street smarts. I had great expectation up to that point because of the diverse characters but nothing was done besides a few moments to really mix things up.

The supreme council meeting could have been a lot more interesting but it ended up to fall into one pattern : Zarlish wants to fight, Idris suggests something underhanded but Jouslain comes up with something better then blondie kisses some ass, finally Ajman agrees with what Jouslain suggests. More political tension between the dukes would have made it a bit more interesting but after establishing their characters they all just moved in a linear line.
Old 2009-06-19, 17:34   Link #1016
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

After a few months, I finally had the time to marathon the last half of the anime.

And really, there's really nothing to be said. The story is obviously not over.... there's as much to say about Tytania as say, the first 'season' of White Album. And unlike White Album, I really don't think Tytania would have a second 'season', which is sad IMO.

As an aside, I really can't help but feel rooting for Tytania to win, despite the fact that almost every episode has prefaced by the narrator the fact that they have 'lost'. Must be because I find JouslainXFrancia and BalXLydia to be infinitely more interesting than any of Fan with his multiple LIs lol.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 08:30   Link #1017
whites@kura44

I know that Tytania seems to be the bad guy here, but I like Tytania and hope that Tytania will win...
I just cannot stand Fan Hyulick.
Although there are people who suffers because of Tytania, but there are people who seems to enjoy living under Tytania's rule. So we cannot just judge Tytania as the villain here. of course, it's just my opinion though...
Ah, Jouslain is so cool and amazing and awesome! I hate people like Idris!
whites@kura44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 14:11   Link #1018
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whites@kura44 View Post
I know that Tytania seems to be the bad guy here, but I like Tytania and hope that Tytania will win...
I just cannot stand Fan Hyulick.
Although there are people who suffers because of Tytania, but there are people who seems to enjoy living under Tytania's rule. So we cannot just judge Tytania as the villain here. of course, it's just my opinion though...
Ah, Jouslain is so cool and amazing and awesome! I hate people like Idris!
Yes, aristocracy is great when you're an aristocrat. That and rose colored glasses is why so many people have a hard-on for the bygone days of the middle ages, from the glory days of charging knights to the elegant courts of the 18th century. They tend to forget that all most people got to be in those days was "dirt grubbing peasant", not powerful lord or even their pampered servants.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 11:27   Link #1019
Dianne060807

Light novel

guys, does anyone have a copy of the light novels of tytania? may i have one as well. please and thanks! i really want to read it. hehe.

JOUSLAIN ROCKS!
Dianne060807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 19:11   Link #1020
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

I must admit, at times I do not know what to make out of Jouslain. He could be gentle and considerate, and yet, he has also shown his cunning side. He has a balanced character, something that the other 3 dukes lack. Ariabart never thinks out of the box and is way too conventional. Zarlish sees strength as the only weapon and does not compromise. Idris is too ruthless and his pride as one of the four dukes of Tytania sometimes results in an inability to recognize that the universe is booming with talents like Fan Hyulick, and that one day Tytania's reign will come to an end.

It's a pity that the ending feels rather unfinished but I suppose it is a good way to end it if one thinks about it. Rebellion does not take place overnight, and the ending keeps the viewers guessing if Tytania's era will or will not end in the hands of Fan Hyulick.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
science fiction, space opera