AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-07-13, 00:14   Link #1681
Yotsuba
芸術は爆発だ!

Sorry for cussing, but I just caught up after dropping this manga a while ago, and I forgot why so I picked it back up and read everything again, and now I remember...

This is THE most fucking depressing manga I've ever read in my entire life.
I seriously feel like killing myself after I read it. It's THAT bad.
Yotsuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-13, 15:29   Link #1682
MikiMata

Heh heh. I love this manga, but you have a point. I read it because it is so beautifully written and compelling, but it doesn't exactly put you in a good mood.
MikiMata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-13, 17:36   Link #1683
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm not even sure I'm going to read the most recent chapters after they're scanlated. I try to avoid too much spoilage but the bone-shattering depression they've caused around here is unavoidable, and I'm not sure I can take it...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-13, 19:06   Link #1684
darksoulenigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotsuba View Post
Sorry for cussing, but I just caught up after dropping this manga a while ago, and I forgot why so I picked it back up and read everything again, and now I remember...

This is THE most fucking depressing manga I've ever read in my entire life.
I seriously feel like killing myself after I read it. It's THAT bad.
I remember for a couple days I was inconsolable when I finally caught up and found out that Yano never contacted Nana and what happened to him exactly. "It's a manga," I told myself, , "no need to get so sad", but I had. I'd gotten really attached to the characters and the story. I had to step away from it. This is the problem with incomplete mangas. You can get stuck in the midst of the worst part of it and you're really not sure what will happen. Cheer up. I really think a happy ending will come from it. It's just taking a really long time, gives us too MUCH time to dwell in it. I'm right there with you though. I've been there.

Oh and BTW, there IS a more depressing manga I think. It's called SAIKANO. And that....<sigh> that ending was just horrible. I'll never read or watch it again. Just once was enough. It made me realize BGI just wasn't that bad if u can believe it. I have requirements now in order to pick up a manga...must be completed (unless it was a manga I picked up before saikano and bgi, ie vampire knight lol) and I avoid tragedies like the plague.
darksoulenigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 09:57   Link #1685
xCrystalx

Lol, I can understand why people get depressed over this manga. Even though it's all fiction, this story is something many can relate to. Not to mention it revolves around a girl's first love. Though I think the main reason why many of us go into a prolonged state of depression is probably because the manga goes on hiatus for way too long and the cliffhangers we're left at aren't all that bearable. The twists in the story are beyond irritating, the characters develop in the most painful ways and the plot is very realistic and believable. That's what makes it really too much to take in But, above all, as long as it's fiction, we have every reason to expect a good and satisfying ending. That is probably the only reason why I've continued to read this manga. I really believe BGI will end well and that this wait is worth the while.

I agree with darksoulenigma. I too have quit reading ongoing mangas. I'm not a very patient person especially with cliffhangers such as the ones in BGI. I must say, BGI taught me a good lesson. Therefore, I've been sticking to completed mangas ever since. But there's a problem with those too. The endings! It really frustrates me when the manga is left open or has a horrible ending. The problem is there isn't any way to find out the ending unless you want to spoil it for yourself. >.<
Oh, btw, isn't Vampire Knight a tragedy too? I'm pretty sure someone once told me it was. Whether that's true or not, it's too late for me to stop reading it now. DX
Old 2009-07-14, 17:57   Link #1686
Yotsuba
芸術は爆発だ!

I'm just going to wait till the manga is over and Nana and Yano get together. It'll be easier to swallow the bad parts if I know a good ending is coming.
Old 2009-07-14, 20:44   Link #1687
sugoi_ninja

it's so weird how things turned out i mean when i watched the first epeisode of this i would have never guessed that all the things that happened would follow, the first episode seemed so happy happy joy joy right!? i mean did anyone expect things to turn out this way based on the first episode?
sugoi_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 13:39   Link #1688
darksoulenigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugoi_ninja View Post
it's so weird how things turned out i mean when i watched the first epeisode of this i would have never guessed that all the things that happened would follow, the first episode seemed so happy happy joy joy right!? i mean did anyone expect things to turn out this way based on the first episode?
No. Well, I expected drama but not to this extent. I didn't realize it would be so "dark". I should have guessed from the moment he told Nana he loved her and she said "break my fingers" that it would be a LONG road. lol It was too easy at that point, the calm before the storm.
Old 2009-07-16, 22:07   Link #1689
Yotsuba
芸術は爆発だ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksoulenigma View Post
No. Well, I expected drama but not to this extent. I didn't realize it would be so "dark". I should have guessed from the moment he told Nana he loved her and she said "break my fingers" that it would be a LONG road. lol It was too easy at that point, the calm before the storm.
Yeah, retrospectively, things like.. when Nana and Yano were on the roof and he grabs her neck like he is going to choke her and is like "It's creepy, isn't it? When someone touches your neck?"

It WAS a little creepy, and a bit sinister for a typical shoujo. Yano is really fucked up, I feel so bad for him.
Old 2009-07-24, 08:37   Link #1690
leelopea

http://www.manganimation.net/index.p...erview_english
leelopea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 00:05   Link #1691
sugoi_ninja

^.^ well let's just hope it doesn't have an ending like School Days XDXD that would be horrible
sugoi_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 11:17   Link #1692
xCrystalx

Omg, not School Days. At least BGI isn't a 'tragedy'. I guess that's something to be cheerful about.
Old 2009-07-26, 21:09   Link #1693
Seemingly Harmless

Hey, when exactly will the next chapter be released?

Last edited by Seemingly Harmless; 2009-07-27 at 20:57.
Seemingly Harmless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 22:44   Link #1694
belza09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seemingly Harmless View Post
Hey, when exactly will the next chapter be released?
August 13, I guess.
belza09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 16:34   Link #1695
Nickymanga

After reading the interveiw with the mangaka, I can assume that the big 'event' between take and nanami may have something to do with the marriage proposal but who knows.

I can't see a good end
Nickymanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 17:12   Link #1696
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickymanga View Post
After reading the interveiw with the mangaka, I can assume that the big 'event' between take and nanami may have something to do with the marriage proposal but who knows.

I can't see a good end
well, Take already proposed and she turned him down before, so only thing that could happen is the she accepts.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 23:54   Link #1697
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by belza09 View Post
August 13, I guess.
Oh cool, that's right on my birthday. Just one more reason to look forward to it.
Old 2009-08-01, 04:06   Link #1698
darksoulenigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickymanga View Post

I can't see a good end
I agree somewhat. I've thought about it possibly being a marriage/wedding between Take and Nana however the more I think about it, I realize Take has always been a catalyst for Yano to do what he feels in his heart. Example: The day they were getting on the bus and Take had told him. "Your time's up." He proceeded towards Nana, and closed the door on Yano. Yano would have continue to let Nana think whatever she wanted to but Take taking that step forced his feelings out. We know Take and Nana getting married at this point would be Yano's fault really but from the manga (I forget which chapter) we see Yano had a nightmare about Take and Nana getting married, right? No matter what he says, he doesn't want it.

Personally I believe the reality of that possible event might be the only thing that gets Yano to step up. I mean right now he knows Take and Nana are together and he has been part of the reason for it, but marriage is a whole different thing. He will never be able to wake up from whatever "phase" he's going through right now and say, "hey nana I was wrong" once she's married. It's a done deal. I'm fully expecting something BIG to happen...something to snap Yano out of it. But that may be my hopeful heart speaking.
Old 2009-08-01, 11:38   Link #1699
typhonsentra

I haven't read much of the manga aside from what's been published by Viz up until this point, but what the hell would that do to Take if Yano broke him away from Nanami at this point? This guy gets so screwed over in the comic, does he even have a breaking point?
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 16:27   Link #1700
equinox

i agree with darksoulenigma... if nanami should accept Take's proposal it should be enough to open Yano's eyes...

The relationship between nanami and yano is kinda like the song "the runaway" by something corporate, don't you think so either?

Spoiler for THE RUNAWAY - SOMETHING CORPORATE song LYRICS:
equinox is offline   Reply With Quote