AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2014-03-08, 10:32   Link #2181
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

They were probably felt threatened when it comes to the Reiss family as they knew it is the real noble family. They attempt to kidnap Historia is not only about the titans matter, but also to prevent the Reiss to succeed the throne of the government just by shutting her up.

Erwin's father was executed by the MP was probably because he possessed a past knowledge of the outside world, as well as being increasingly suspicious of how the government altering the education system over time as a mean to repressing the people from getting out of the walls. That was why the government seen him as a threat and ready to shut him up.

The government would execute anyone who would attempt anything that could threaten anything of what they sees fit, undermining their interest of internal affairs.

But speaking of which, I think the first step is to get Annie out from the crystal as the best initiative before the government could get her.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 11:25   Link #2182
misso

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
Anyway I would like it if they kinda returned to the titans... maybe some RBY stuff since for last months its all about coup. and from attack on titan it turns into attack on humans ;/ at least make annie go out of the crystal for some story thrill ^^
I think it was confirmed that there will be some extra pages on the volume 13, so maybe we will have some BRY news.
misso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 12:10   Link #2183
Kiltias

Yeah, I'm wondering if Annie is gonna play some role here seeing she comes from within the Walls.

Inb4 her Ring somehow holds importance to the Royalty.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 18:19   Link #2184
Vvisions

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
Spoiler:
Using what Erwin says on Cp. 55 as an evidence, we can deduct that humans and titans share some biological similarities.

Including the possibility of humans being controlled as titans are, by Eren's voice. What Erwin does not know, is that Historia had been her memories manipulated already by another human.

So Erwin's assumption comes to be real and we can assume by that: That woman, who manipulated Historia's memories, can also control titans, due to this biological similarities. Indicating maybe, that she was the real coordinate that RBA were searching for.

(That could explain the course of actions of RBA : If titans breached into humanity territory, this person who can control titans would show him/herself, this would be the main reason why they just didn't started a rampage, because a controlled chaos would better fit their plan)

Now to assume that Eren's power of control titans has come from his injection, then is very much likely that, this mysterious woman has had the same serum. Another way, could be this ability, being latent to some human beings, what I think would be the most likely. As we cannot surely affirm neither that Annie had have the same serum as Eren, but still, she can control titans.

However, would be wisier to take what Erwin says, one seems to be able to control titans when rising own voice, and this would fit too, into the case of Monkey Titan.

What I got from the story progression untill now, is that Historia is a daughter of the REAL king out of marriage, I have no doubt about it.

What I theorize, is that, the Unknown Woman, could be either Eren's real mother or big sister, being sister the most likely due to age issues and a small potential clue on Cp. 54.

Compare Eren eyes with Historia's and then both of them with the Unknown Woman, they are very alike.

During the series, we had a lot of small clues, like Annie, Reyner and Berlthold always appearing together, Annie controlling titans, all things that we didn't paid much attention on the occasion.

Now, before that Unknown Woman messed up with Historia's memories, Historia has called her 'big sis'. And this could really be an important detail that could go just unnoticed, because japanese people use this word a lot to reffer to older close people, and that would seem normal other way.

And, if Eren is blood-related to this woman as it seems to be and this woman is really from Reiss family, then Eren might be as well related to Historia and the royal family.
Something like: Historia is related to the royal family because she is the unwanted daughter of the king, and Eren could be the unwanted son of the queen, or something like that.

So Eren would be like an unknown resource to Erwin's plan of revolution, in case something bad happens to Historia, and I really think that Historia's end is drawing near if the story progression keeps the dramatic pass.

PD: I mentioned before, that in Dune Universe, there is a female order that uses an ability called The Voice, to control another human beings.

Another interesting similarity with Dune Universe, is what Griesha says of using "Their memories" while injecting that serum on Eren. In Dune Universe, this same female order, take a deadly serum called the Water of Life, and those who survive this test, can look over the past using cellular memory, that is passed ahead trough DNA. So basically, those women from this order aro too, using "Their memories", that being, the memories from their ancestors that are present on their own DNA.
Vvisions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 18:41   Link #2185
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

I think Annie's ability is a bit different. She probably cannot give the titans orders as Eren can, else she could have used a titan army to wipe out the Survey Corps from the beginning, while snatching Eren easily. I think she can only make the titans go after her titan body, like she did with that screen that made the titans eat her.

In Eren's case though, he could direct the titans to attack whoever he wanted them to attack, be it a random titan (e.g. Smiling Titan) or a titan shifter (Reiner).
Old 2014-03-08, 19:00   Link #2186
HOLLOW08
PeterBerisha89

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
I think Annie's ability is a bit different. She probably cannot give the titans orders as Eren can, else she could have used a titan army to wipe out the Survey Corps from the beginning, while snatching Eren easily. I think she can only make the titans go after her titan body, like she did with that screen that made the titans eat her.

In Eren's case though, he could direct the titans to attack whoever he wanted them to attack, be it a random titan (e.g. Smiling Titan) or a titan shifter (Reiner).
So Annie and Eren are push and pull after all huh....well I guess opposites attract, and I have a very interesting thesis to back this up.
HOLLOW08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 19:12   Link #2187
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLLOW08 View Post
So Annie and Eren are push and pull after all huh....well I guess opposites attract, and I have a very interesting thesis to back this up.
Ok, I guess this will break your heart then.

http://tubigpo32.tumblr.com/post/548...sayama-himself
Old 2014-03-08, 19:20   Link #2188
HOLLOW08
PeterBerisha89

Exclamation

Quote:
Ok, I guess this will break your heart then.

http://tubigpo32.tumblr.com/post/548...sayama-himself
My heart is in constantly always broken my friend, but it works somehow < It's why I adopted the name Hollow for a reason. My heart is nothing but a Black Hole...I can take damage but they make me stronger. Been to Hell twice anyway so I can take anything, though I hurt in the process + being astigmatic! I guess having broken eyes gives me the pleasure of seeing what people don't. Besides I'm used to being disappointed...I see it everyday when I open the blinds and see people walking around like sheep in a herd...I guess that's what being human means, to be swept into the flow of the currents. Oh the irony of what I've learned from this manga and anime < all thanks to that little blond girl whose moor human than a monster, and that little guy who human who turns into a monster , see the contradiction in this attraction. heheheheheh I love being me.

Last edited by HOLLOW08; 2014-03-08 at 19:42. Reason: sassiness
Old 2014-03-08, 21:40   Link #2189
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Nonetheless, Annie must be extracted before the corrupt government could get her first hand. Cause she's the only one who can could clarify Erwin's assumptions of his suspicions of the government's corruption. However, I'm thinking that it's the only matter of time for Eren to handle matter personally without anyone involving from his back. There may be a chance. So kindly do a favor to stand down for a bit in such scenario, anti-Annie peeps.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 03:20   Link #2190
HOLLOW08
PeterBerisha89

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Nonetheless, Annie must be extracted before the corrupt government could get her first hand. Cause she's the only one who can could clarify Erwin's assumptions of his suspicions of the government's corruption. However, I'm thinking that it's the only matter of time for Eren to handle matter personally without anyone involving from his back. There may be a chance. So kindly do a favor to stand down for a bit in such scenario, anti-Annie peeps.
I love you.
Old 2014-03-09, 08:41   Link #2191
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

I am only talking about past and present. I won't make any asumptions about the future.

The only thing I am curious about though, is if the revolution will require either of Eren's powers or not.
Old 2014-03-09, 11:02   Link #2192
uildvek

Quote:
I am only talking about past and present. I won't make any asumptions about the future.

The only thing I am curious about though, is if the revolution will require either of Eren's powers or not.
Well Erwin did say the uprising will cause no deaths only bloodshed. So I doubt the second power will be used since you can't tell a titan to not eat people, yet.
uildvek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 11:32   Link #2193
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by uildvek View Post
Well Erwin did say the uprising will cause no deaths only bloodshed. So I doubt the second power will be used since you can't tell a titan to not eat people, yet.
But if he can use the power against humans as well? Titans and Humans are "physiological similar" after all.
Old 2014-03-09, 11:49   Link #2194
Kakurin
大佐

That was an interesting chapter. It was curious to see how they kept torturing that guy without getting results, but once they resorted to mental pressure he delivered them what they wanted. To be honest, I personally didn't expect this plot twist at all. I always thought the connection was with titans and not the royal family. Well, now this of courses eases up the problem of the coup d'état, if they can get the people to believe them. Can't wait to see what Erwin the schemer has planned.
Old 2014-03-09, 12:28   Link #2195
HOLLOW08
PeterBerisha89

Exclamation

Quote:
But if he can use the power against humans as well? Titans and Humans are "physiological similar" after all.
If you go by the Unbearable Sight fanfic...Ponderess makes a suggestion that the host of the titans are decaying inside their bodies, whilst merging with them! They have a kind of virus that gave them Titan shifting abilities, but couldn't control it and lost their conscience and therefore became feral.

Actually I love Pondere'ss version of SnK than Hajime's version moor.

Whilst Annie pulls Titans towards her like a beacon, and Eren pushes them away to a designated place...I can only make a suggestion that once Annie get's out, or Eren commands her to come out of her crystal, they'll probably work together, and Eren still has loads to learn from Annie. Annie herself could teach Eren what his Titan shifting ability is < I believe it's fire since he's mostly rage driven in Titan form, and as Annie is Ice(crystal) then Eren is Rage(Fire). As I said GreyZone these two Annie and Eren are opposites and now look at my keywords now "but" they "attract".

And if Historia is to become a Queen in the future, she'll probably forgive Annie for what she did in the past, since Ymir her lover < (canon and I don't care what any of you think) will show that Titan shifter are not all that bad....though mind you Annie did more good then bad. If we were to weight Annie's, Reiner and Bertholt's deeds to that of the rest of the human race's deeds of the 4 corps's and what they've done as a human race on their own merits, then the titan trio are innocent children who've been raised as warriors without their choosing, where'as all the other's made a choice.

Look at how Erwin described how history has been manipulated, and murders covered up with a story whose only purpose was to brainwash the dozens. In a way the Titan trio broke the reality, and showed people the ugly truth...Annie herself showed Eren the ugly hypocritical truth of the human race, and Bertholt said something too about having to cover their hands in blood because it had to be done. I don't think none of the trio meant for anything like this to happen..maybe it was kind of like a message for them to send to the 4 corps.

I'm telling you one thing Eren has to pick a side right now...and Historia will never abandon Ymir, she loves her and is the only source of reason why she lives for! Guarantee you one thing as soon as Ymir comes back Historia will be by her side....Historia said that she'll always will be. Ymir seems like the kind of girl! Well woman who could be of royal blood too, or maybe I'm just miss-interpreting things wrongly!?

The human race is doomed anyway so why bother fight for them.
Old 2014-03-09, 12:32   Link #2196
Breimoon

to be exact all titans are kinda on fire, especially the colossal giant! And annie's one is not ice but crystallization.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 12:49   Link #2197
zibi88

well dont look excuse for RB... they destroyed the freaking wall and made all this shit started.... becouse of them thousends of people were killed and more will die.

We still dont know if Annie had any part in the wall breaking as we did not see her there... maybe she was the one that attracted the other titans... but maybe it was the colosal titan they saw from far away (well the guy is 60m tall and generates a lots of heat)

Annie might have been recuited as a replacement for Berik who got eaten by unconcious yamir.... and from the trio she is the one that doesnt like R & B... doesnt talk with them...gives bad looks on them... and she is the one who was appologizing to the corpses with huge greef (while R & B show no emotion at all like murderers)

Well mostly annie was doing all this becouse she was ordered to do this and without the objective she cant return home to her father.... but at one point she just gave up on capturing eren (she had flashbacks of her father) and just wanted to run back and suffer the consequences of abondoning the mission

we need to learn annies past in order to judge her actions since she wanted to capture eren and go back home and stop all this killing as she felt pain by doing this (again the scene when they were cleaning the bodies...she stood there in shock and was appologizing)... but maybe this might be her turning point or redemption.... like she will help eren seal the wall maria and teach him how to harden and she can go home free..... kinda help fix what they destroyed... it wont bring the dead back but at least would prevent from more titans pouring in.

Other options is that eren might try to use his coordinate ability to try and enter annies memories to learn everything on himself to understand why she did all this.... since it was bugging eren as he saw annie with tears there and was asking this question to himself (what for)

I wonder what yamir will do when she learns that they want to make historia the queen :P will she stick with R&B or will join her side as a bodyguard
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 13:23   Link #2198
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLLOW08 View Post
If you go by the Unbearable Sight fanfic...Ponderess makes a suggestion that the host of the titans are decaying inside their bodies, whilst merging with them! They have a kind of virus that gave them Titan shifting abilities, but couldn't control it and lost their conscience and therefore became feral.

Actually I love Pondere'ss version of SnK than Hajime's version moor.

Whilst Annie pulls Titans towards her like a beacon, and Eren pushes them away to a designated place...I can only make a suggestion that once Annie get's out, or Eren commands her to come out of her crystal, they'll probably work together, and Eren still has loads to learn from Annie. Annie herself could teach Eren what his Titan shifting ability is < I believe it's fire since he's mostly rage driven in Titan form, and as Annie is Ice(crystal) then Eren is Rage(Fire). As I said GreyZone these two Annie and Eren are opposites and now look at my keywords now "but" they "attract".

And if Historia is to become a Queen in the future, she'll probably forgive Annie for what she did in the past, since Ymir her lover < (canon and I don't care what any of you think) will show that Titan shifter are not all that bad....though mind you Annie did more good then bad. If we were to weight Annie's, Reiner and Bertholt's deeds to that of the rest of the human race's deeds of the 4 corps's and what they've done as a human race on their own merits, then the titan trio are innocent children who've been raised as warriors without their choosing, where'as all the other's made a choice.

Look at how Erwin described how history has been manipulated, and murders covered up with a story whose only purpose was to brainwash the dozens. In a way the Titan trio broke the reality, and showed people the ugly truth...Annie herself showed Eren the ugly hypocritical truth of the human race, and Bertholt said something too about having to cover their hands in blood because it had to be done. I don't think none of the trio meant for anything like this to happen..maybe it was kind of like a message for them to send to the 4 corps.

I'm telling you one thing Eren has to pick a side right now...and Historia will never abandon Ymir, she loves her and is the only source of reason why she lives for! Guarantee you one thing as soon as Ymir comes back Historia will be by her side....Historia said that she'll always will be. Ymir seems like the kind of girl! Well woman who could be of royal blood too, or maybe I'm just miss-interpreting things wrongly!?

The human race is doomed anyway so why bother fight for them.
Ymir said, after witnessing Eren's ability, that "maybe the human race is not doomed after all", which is the reason, why Ymir let Historia stay with the survey corps in the first place.

I think Annie CAN be redeemed, but when I say redeeming, I am saying she has to do something that convinces Eren and escpacially Levi, that she has become an ally of mankind. Also you cannot talk about titan shifters as if they were all the same. In the end titan shifters are still nothing more than humans with super powers. So Historia saying not to discriminate against Titan shifter just means that Annie being a titan shifter is not enough reason to kill her. Her actions though have to be judged on an individual basis. "But she is a titan shifter and titan shifters are no different from humans" is not an excuse for this.
Old 2014-03-09, 13:26   Link #2199
HOLLOW08
PeterBerisha89

Exclamation

Quote:
Ymir said, after witnessing Eren's ability, that "maybe the human race is not doomed after all", which is the reason, why Ymir let Historia stay with the survey corps in the first place.
Because Ymir knew that Eren could protect her whilst she was away, and watch out for her...and now that Historia and Eren are talking to one another maybe they may forge a friendship, and if anyone were to try and hurt Historia! Ymir knew she could rely on Eren to look out for her.
Old 2014-03-09, 15:53   Link #2200
uildvek

Quote:

I think Annie CAN be redeemed, but when I say redeeming, I am saying she has to do something that convinces Eren and escpacially Levi, that she has become an ally of mankind. Also you cannot talk about titan shifters as if they were all the same. In the end titan shifters are still nothing more than humans with super powers. So Historia saying not to discriminate against Titan shifter just means that Annie being a titan shifter is not enough reason to kill her. Her actions though have to be judged on an individual basis. "But she is a titan shifter and titan shifters are no different from humans" is not an excuse for this.
It would be interesting to see that. In a series like AOT i don't think making up and forgiving are in the dictionary. Hopefully I'm wrong though. I wonder who won the hand2hand combat fight, Mikasa or Annie.
uildvek is offline   Reply With Quote